#1 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

I have 5 free slots on my main account, do you guys recommend me to make a TK Ninja? I was thinking about it, because I heard it's super easy to lvl them and we're getting their new second class Kagerou/Oboro on December, and it would be nice to have one of those lol
But the thing is, I don't really know what are they for. I mean, I don't think they even MvP (maybe in Classic, but not on Renewal servers >.<), nor pvm, but maybe pvp and woe (being a Kagerou/Oboro), I'm not quite sure.
If I would make a Ninja, I'd put 99 str and 99 vit for KS like CharAznable said in his topic http://forums.warppo...ide-in-process/
But the main reason is, what do you guys use your ninjas for?

#2 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hey, I'm making one too! I think most people are just using their 99 Ninjas as bench warmers until the Kagerou and Oboro classes are implemented. I can't see them doing anything substantial in PvP or WoE.

#3 xjoshox

xjoshox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

At the moment im leveling a TK ninja to 99 then letting it sit until Kagerou comes out basically... maybe a few TI's in between.

once Kagerou/Oboro comes out ill check out what build is best then, if necessary, use my free reset accordingly :heh:

#4 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Amazing Server

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

If you're going oboro just follow the guide I made

Otay as everyone who has met me knows, I'm obssesed with Oboros, and I've been trying to think of some nice builds anyway I'll post the 3 I decided on and what they'd mainly focus on in woe.... Though I want opinions on skills you think are better or just builds you think are better in general... lol
Build 1 - Kunai/Debuff
http://irowiki.org/~...l1saArAaOdBdBhn
Description - Mainly this build will set up iron spikes at the entrance of castels to immobleize players much like Extreme Vacume. They will also make use of zenkai which when equiped with a water based weapon can freeze people who are carded with marc at a 20% chance (unless I'm wrong on this). they will also use Happo Kunai to assist in precast with moderate damage 7x7 aoe. Nothing special but a nice debuff precast help build, though it would be wise to drop the kunai in favor of getting Jyusatsu (removes soul links)
Stats - I didn't really do a stat build for this since its sorta subpar imo
Build 2 - Debuff/Killing Strike
http://irowiki.org/~...Ol1s1bnaodBdBhn
Description - This build has the same debuffs as the previous but no iron spikes, instead this build favors dealing damage through Happo Kunai, as well as Killing Strike. Would mostly be employed for stritigic (sp I can't spell I know lol) kills, such as remove a pesky sorcerer, or take out the strings of an enemy precast, this would allow the sura's to focus on taking out AB's or the damage dealers of an opposing precast. Best part of this Build I had 16 left over skill points so it may become even more useful but I'm gonna review the skills more before I make my decision.
Stat Build
Str - 100
Agi - 1
Int - 70
Vit - 120
Dex - 70
luk - 1
(you'll have some stat points remaining use them as you see fit)
Mainly you buff int and dex for cast times, and vit for hp as well as KS damage, Str adds to KS's damage as well.
Build 3 - Mucha Nage
http://irowiki.org/~...sOl3XbnaodBdBhn
Description - This build is similar to the former as in it is a killer build. Instead of focusing on KS (which the skill will still be learned) The oboro will focus more on MN skill, which deals 50~100k damage on average (before damage modifiers) This build most likely be used to oneshot various targets on teh field, and unlike the KS build when using MN the hp won't automatically drop to 1 making MN a spamable skill. It'll be very similar to HSCR of white smiths, These Oboro would also serve as breakers due to their high aspd.
Stat Build -
Str - 80
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 22
Dex - 1
Luk - 70
Since MN is aspd based agi is your best friend much like with assassins or HSCR smiths, I'm still not sure if its affected by base atk so for now I added str and luk, Int is for more sp. This build will also get moderate damage from KS as well. Though if str doesn't play a role the build should look more like as follows
Str - 1~6
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 80
Dex - 75
Luk - 1~6
mildly similar to a DB rk other then the fact that AGI is the base stat. Though with that stat build I would suggest dropping KS and other attack skills and picking up most of the debuff skills as well.
Sooooooooo those are all the builds I've thought of so far, haven't decided which I wanna use sooo which do you like, anything you see wrong with my builds? have your own you wanna share? DEW ET! causee I wanna see nya~ <3

Edit: I didn't include gears due to the fact I don't know all of the impending Kagerou/Oboro gears that will be released. Though alot of it will be common sense such as KS build would need hp modifiers, and MN would need aspd boots + armor percing would be nice too IE. Ice pick/Memory of Thantos.

#5 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Otay as everyone who has met me knows, I'm obssesed with Oboros, and I've been trying to think of some nice builds anyway I'll post the 3 I decided on and what they'd mainly focus on in woe.... Though I want opinions on skills you think are better or just builds you think are better in general... lol
Build 1 - Kunai/Debuff
Description - Mainly this build will set up iron spikes at the entrance of castels to immobleize players much like Extreme Vacume. They will also make use of zenkai which when equiped with a water based weapon can freeze people who are carded with marc at a 20% chance (unless I'm wrong on this). they will also use Happo Kunai to assist in precast with moderate damage 7x7 aoe. Nothing special but a nice debuff precast help build, though it would be wise to drop the kunai in favor of getting Jyusatsu (removes soul links)
Description - This build has the same debuffs as the previous but no iron spikes, instead this build favors dealing damage through Happo Kunai, as well as Killing Strike. Would mostly be employed for stritigic (sp I can't spell I know lol) kills, such as remove a pesky sorcerer, or take out the strings of an enemy precast, this would allow the sura's to focus on taking out AB's or the damage dealers of an opposing precast. Best part of this Build I had 16 left over skill points so it may become even more useful but I'm gonna review the skills more before I make my decision.
Stat Build
Str - 100
Agi - 1
Int - 70
Vit - 120
Dex - 70
luk - 1
Mainly you buff int and dex for cast times, and vit for hp as well as KS damage, Str adds to KS's damage as well.
Build 3 - Mucha Nage
Description - This build is similar to the former as in it is a killer build. Instead of focusing on KS (which the skill will still be learned) The oboro will focus more on MN skill, which deals 50~100k damage on average (before damage modifiers) This build most likely be used to oneshot various targets on teh field, and unlike the KS build when using MN the hp won't automatically drop to 1 making MN a spamable skill. It'll be very similar to HSCR of white smiths, These Oboro would also serve as breakers due to their high aspd.
Stat Build -
Str - 80
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 22
Dex - 1
Luk - 70
Since MN is aspd based agi is your best friend much like with assassins or HSCR smiths, I'm still not sure if its affected by base atk so for now I added str and luk, Int is for more sp. This build will also get moderate damage from KS as well. Though if str doesn't play a role the build should look more like as follows
Str - 1~6
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 80
Dex - 75
Luk - 1~6
mildly similar to a DB rk other then the fact that AGI is the base stat. Though with that stat build I would suggest dropping KS and other attack skills and picking up most of the debuff skills as well.
Sooooooooo those are all the builds I've thought of so far, haven't decided which I wanna use sooo which do you like, anything you see wrong with my builds? have your own you wanna share? DEW ET! causee I wanna see nya~ <3

Edit: I didn't include gears due to the fact I don't know all of the impending Kagerou/Oboro gears that will be released. Though alot of it will be common sense such as KS build would need hp modifiers, and MN would need aspd boots + armor percing would be nice too IE. Ice pick/Memory of Thantos.

Would you happen to teach me how to make a good magic Oboro?

Edited by ilovemilk, 15 November 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#6 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

well for magic its sorta obvisous as there are no new magic skills, just get the zenkai branch, Zangetsu, Css, and ofc the ninjutsu branch of skills as a ninja

then for stats I'd get

1~10 str
1 agi
90~110 int
90~110 dex
1~100 vit (depending on your preference)
remaining stat points into luck

The majority of damage would come from your equips

This video is a good example of a magical oboro... follow basically what they have and you'll be good.. though in reality its not a big variation of a magic ninja, you only add a few skills to help buff and distact monsters ^^ But I don't suggest this build as in my experince Happo Kunai is much better for leveling, and if you went throw kunai/Killing strike you won't need to reset just for leveling purposes

#7 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

If I would make a Ninja, I'd put 99 str and 99 vit for KS like CharAznable said in his topic http://forums.warppo...ide-in-process/
But the main reason is, what do you guys use your ninjas for?

Don't forget to put atleast 30 INT for sp..
i don't know the purpose of Ninja as of now...i just made one b'coz it was fun to level up..
My main problem is HP issue..at lvl 78, i have only4.3k HP.
My SP is at 570, but i never run out of sp..

#8 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

for leveling I suggest 90int and 99 str and the rest where ever.. just spam throw kunai, css, and get ninja mastery and you won't have any troubles ^^;; if you're vip you should even get 99 in a week lazily, and 7 hours if you push lol ^^ (not oboro leveling but ninja leveling.....)

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

if you need help with a ninja and youre on Valk server my guild is still recruiting... ive been playing ONLY my ninja since ninja were added and ive tried out every skill they have at one point or another... im in pvp almost everyday... i have access to almost everywhere except Nameless island (working on it) and areas with restricted access based on level... very supportive, informative, and helpful guild... and i play a hybrid build

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Go Kunai build if you're making it now - Throw Kunai gets nerfed when kag/obo (hereafter kagobo) come, so use it while it's good.

Go pure str. Use Large Increase HP pots. Max throw kunai, then ninja mastery, then CSS 5. After that, I stopped bothering to allocate skills. At level 30, head to overlook dungeon doing quests on each level. With proper gear (full atk gear, with +maxSP headgear. BSB, +9 HBP, etc - anything that gives atk), you will 1-shot everything all the way through level 5. Some time near level 4, you'll get to 90 base str. Relog at this point and come back, because HBP won't take effect until you relog, and you can't 1-shot level 5 without it. It takes like 1-1.5 hours, you should find at least one card, plus the marc at the end. This will leave you close to level 80. At this point you just pack up and start 1-shotting at your favorite dungeon. I used Einbech Mines level 1, (1-shotting pitmen and venomous and ignoring everything else) during the einbroch spotlight. If the monsters got set back to their old exp/kill (often this isn't done), go elsewhere. I got like 30-40 int, then I stopped having SP problems (and hence stopped bothering to allocate stat points) until like level 97, because my sp got restored every time I leveled. I used 1 HE BM during the whole time (in einbech), and the whole thing took like 3 hours tops. I did not use CSS in the mines, because it killed me more often than it saved me, by flinging me back into claymore traps.

Once you change to kagobo, the same approximate build will be appropriate for a kunai build (the good leveling skill being Happo Kunai), however, you will probably need dex (cast time skills, and I don't think it bypasses flee). You get a free reset, so once the skill behavior is sorted out, it should be pretty straightforward.

I couldn't remember the japanese words, so I hacked up Himeyasha's skill sim page for one of them with my own rough translations of the skills and skill descs, based on descriptions of their effects)
http://drazzy.com/sk...0-%20Oboro2.htm

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 November 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#11 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Something like this? http://irowiki.org/~...ml?10eFabqnqx6l I have 37 skills points to spend..Should I max Flip Tatami, Ninja Aura, Mirror Image and Shadow Slash? Then I'd have 8 points left that could go to Killing Strike.
Marc card? Really? Phen is better >.<
I was thinking of maxing str and vit and use morpheus set for sp, what do you think?
Another thing, where the hell can I buy Kunais? I heard you gotta exchange them with an npc but.. which one?

#12 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

ninja aura- yes
mirror image - REQ if you want killing strike
shadow slash - useless but I think its a prereq for ks

and if you don't feel like reseting... just go... with vit/str... that works too and morph set isn't as great SINCE shinobi sash and ninja suit gives you a 20% skill cost decrease and 800 more hp also phen is unneeded.... as KS is instant cast.... MARC is un needed as being froze often times saves your life in woe... unles its for another reason then idk why you'd use a marc card xD

and kunai are in the place you became a ninja just go back go down the hall into the room and talk to the middle guy and he'll tell you how to make them ALL mats are there in that room so no need to stress just bring zenny ^^

#13 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I mean getting the Phen card so you can sell it, I don't really care about Marc, I know it's useful in WoE but I'm not woeing much right now.
The description of Shadow Slash of that wiki is wrong, it says the CSS info instead. So nevermind
So, full str and vit is fine? I started the ninja last night and I've lvling for a while today and I reached lvl 34, maxed TK, Ninja Mastery, and CSS. i can throw 20 kunais, since I have 204 sp (morpheus set), but I sit there and in 15 sec or less I have full sp restored.
Mirror Image is not a req for KS. Is it a bad skill? What about Flip Tatami? I was thinking something like this http://irowiki.org/~...l?10yfafrFqx5sY 2 points left.
About the equipment, I was gonna use shinobi set but still can't find sellers of the Ninja Suit, and I'm not gonna farm it lol. What about the weapon? Which one is good for throwing kunais?

#14 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I did the eden equipment quest and got the equipment that Ur gives, and I chose the dagger. I'm 96/70 atm maxed str and vit is 9x, I didn't put any more skills cause I'm not sure yet, it would be great if you could help me with this. I do between 9,5-12k per TK (just the hbp that gives attack, no more things) at least I can solo the TI :P
P/S: I got 2 marcs, 1 obeaune, 1 merman, 1 marse and of course I picked up a phen card lol, all the cards in that dungeon.

#15 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

well for magic its sorta obvisous as there are no new magic skills, just get the zenkai branch, Zangetsu, Css, and ofc the ninjutsu branch of skills as a ninja

then for stats I'd get

1~10 str
1 agi
90~110 int
90~110 dex
1~100 vit (depending on your preference)
remaining stat points into luck

The majority of damage would come from your equips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwrnHiNcBfA

This video is a good example of a magical oboro... follow basically what they have and you'll be good.. though in reality its not a big variation of a magic ninja, you only add a few skills to help buff and distact monsters ^^ But I don't suggest this build as in my experince Happo Kunai is much better for leveling, and if you went throw kunai/Killing strike you won't need to reset just for leveling purposes

You play on kRO/ruRO to know how they actually play?

#16 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Should I start getting Spell4 enchants on my Bazerald?

#17 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

don't use blazerald, theres a dagger just for oboro/kagerou that gives more matk, but if you wish then go ahead an if possible make 2 of them

ALSO about mirror image, max it please it adds ALOT of damage to KS, and flip tatami is nice since it blocks ranged attacks but I don't us it personally it depends on your play style ^^, as for weapon when you max it depends on what you wanna do ^^;; but for pvm throw kunai damage I just used a Huuma Blaze it gave me enough damage to oneshot most things

Edited by Kawaiiyui, 18 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#18 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I can only put 2 points in MI, that's it D:! If I don't max Flip Tatami I'd be able to put at least 6 points on MI, but I don't which is better lol

#19 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

you need to max MI, my ks without MI does 15k~20k with it does 40~45k

#20 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

The only way to max KS and MI is to put Ninja Aura at 1, Flip Tatami 1 and CSS at 4
http://irowiki.org/~...l?10yfabrFpK5fY

#21 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

once you max reset to this... for ks build

http://irowiki.org/~...l?10GAafrFsS5sY

if you are a female ninja refer to my oboro guide for what skills you should have ^^;;

#22 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

once you max reset to this... for ks build

http://irowiki.org/~...l?10GAafrFsS5sY

if you are a female ninja refer to my oboro guide for what skills you should have ^^;;

Where can I find your Oboro guild?

#23 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Build 1 - Kunai/Debuff
Stat Build
Str - 100
Agi - 1
Int - 70
Vit - 120
Dex - 70
luk - 1
Build 3 - Mucha Nage
Stat Build -
Str - 80
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 22
Dex - 1
Luk - 70
Str - 1~6
Agi - 120
Vit - 100
Int - 80
Dex - 75
Luk - 1~6

here lol... already posted it in this thread :c

#24 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Lol, I wasted 2 magical stones because I missed the button that inceases vit status points and put some agi instead, so I reseted lol.
I just reached 99/70 and put 99 vit/str and 9 int. I won't reset now to KS build since I won't even use it. I will wait till we get Kaegoro and then I will search for a build and finally reset XD
Thank you all for your help, it was super damn easy to lvl it and it was fun haha.

#25 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

you dont actually need to max mirror image just getting it to level 9 is enough to give max damage from KS... the difference between lvl 9 and lvl 10 is only in skill duration and not in image amounts... flip tatami past level 1 is kind of pointless since the damage aspect requires very precise character placement (in a direct line vertically and horizontally) it IS usefull in pvp vs agi rangers, SD, and acid bomberssince those skills are ranged but bypass css and mirror image... equipment wise for throw kunai size penalties from the base weapon, attack damage and status effects from cards transfer to kunai, KS, haze slash,shadow slash, and throw kunai... ranged skills also benefit from archer skeleton cards so skills like KS and Throw kunai benefit from them as well... Hunter Fly cards on a upgraded Gladius[3] will help in leveling since theres then a 9% chance to absorb 45% of damage inflicted... with kunai damage being as high as it is currently and the ninja HP being as low as it it its possible to fully heal HP in only 3 shots... keep in mind kunai element greatly effects damage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users