[R] Malangdo Information/Guide - New: How to get ALF/Seagod's Anger - Page 2 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[R] Malangdo Information/Guide - New: How to get ALF/Seagod's Anger

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#26 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

* hmm today it worked with one of the npcs that not worked yesterday, maybe they fixed it or you just had to speak several times, i will test it with another char later

Cat Gamers Quest

Start: 1. Speak with the Cat Gamers Director, help him and find the Manager.

*2. Second Npc: Speak with the Manager outside near the Respawn Point

3. Talk to the Cat Gamers Director again - 2 Min Cooldown, he is shocked

4. Search for Eryu, Stew, Ketchup and Eff

5. Eff (is a bit southeast of the respawn - talk about investment

6. ketchup is a bit east of the enchanters, near a house, you should talk about can religion

7. Eryu is near Gobonge, talk about human magazine

8. stew is nord east near the last island, talk about boom can

9. talk to the director again - 1 min Cooldown because he is shocked again

10. find the manager and try to find out how the director can change his scary cat image

11. manager is the same as in step 2, choose option 3

12. speak with director again - now you must wait for 20 hours, collecting time for complaints

13. after 20 hours -> you'll get 100 E-Coins, accept his request und you have another 1 hour timer -__-

14. after the 1 hour cooldown you'll get an accessory -> G Honor Certificate: a certificate that gurantees cat gamer members. It has ability to record matches.
you can now ask players condition or report the status to the director, but here you'll get no new quest info
there are 4 games alltough: 1. Rock, Scissor, Paper Player / 2. ChamChamCham Players / 3. KongNyangKong Players / 4. Flag Game Players

15.Put the accessory on, you'll can now play the games. Go the stairs down and there are rock scissor paper Players

Speak to Ser and Pam for the Rules and to start a Game. You must win 3 of 5 rounds for a present.
-> The Price for a Win are 5 Malang Sp Can. You have now a 24h Cooldown Timer before you can play this game again. You can not play against Ser and Pam, just one of them a day. I won against Ser, maybe Pam give you another Price.

if you lose, you'll have to do practise, one of the tasks is to hunt 30 Kobold Archer
in the case you have lost a game, you must keep your promise (kill the 30 kobold archer in my case), in another case the other npcs one step further don't accept you as a practice partner

Speak to Kuka to play the ChamChamCham Game.
-> ok this is getting complicated, you'll have to click right or left option, if you are right and the cat face appears there you win a round. THe Npc says you'll get a price for 3 rounds and a bigger one if you make a new rekord. when you lose the 1. round like me, then you get a special mission like Hunting 50 Pecos (in my case x_X), if you win a round and lose the second there is no price and no special mission for practice
then there is just one try a day. if you lose there is 24h timer.

After finishing the practise mission (50 peco kills) speak with the director and report status. I got 3 Malang SP Cans
another day i had to hunt 30 Phen and to collect 10 Fish Tail

16. go the stairs down again, here are the other games.
Kung Kung is the right npc for the KongNyangKong Game, Ask about the Game Rules, i don't repeat that here now x_X
you'll get 100/100 hp, its important to know if you are the attacker or defender and then you fight your match... the opponent has the same hp
its a bit like seal 4 dwarf or mora fish fight
if you win you get a price (5 Malang Sp Cans again), if you lose like me xD" you*ll have to hunt something (10 Cramps in my case) and report it to the director again before taking some other games

After finishing the practise mission (10 cramps) you'll get another 3 Malang Sp Cans

the last game is the flag game and i don't get it xD but i won and got 3 Malang Sp Cans, but thats not the biggest price, another day i won 10 Malang Sp Cans

i think the quest ends here, you can do the 4 daily games once a day and win cans

sry i am not that good in writing guides, maybe someone will write this in better words later

Edited by Apocalis, 20 November 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#27 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Play with the baby cats:

Red - near the spot when you spawn from Alberta/Izlude
Yellow - Near Octopus dungeon entrance in the island (northwest portal)
Blue - search around performers npc (yeah there are wanderer and minstrel npc in southwest side)
Green - near cat merchants that they sell fish rental weapons
Grey - search west side on the map, IIRC it's near rican's house...

On each spot there will be an elementary school math question (like 7 x 5? lol). Solve all 5 compass. After last compass completed talk to it again you will need to ring a bell (or I should call this 6th spot) in the center map. Now the problem is that timer, you only give 2-3 minutes to complete all 6 spot while each spot has far away distance if you just walking. I even managed to do this as AB with teleport spam and Genetic with cart boost, wtf this minigame...

After completed, talk to kittens again. After some dialogues talk to two detective wanna be cats (search it around center on minimap you can spot them since they have a npc portrait and different sprites compared to other cats)

Now this what make me stuck, they ask to investigate machines but I don't have an idea what machines is even from Alt+U description...

whats the time limit to do this ??i did this quest twice.. i finished all the spots within 5 minutes( max) & i got a fail stamp twice.. :p_swt:

#28 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

whats the time limit to do this ??i did this quest twice.. i finished all the spots within 5 minutes( max) & i got a fail stamp twice.. :p_swt:

time limit is 2 min
you can't do that without a priest warp or some other cheating xD maybe fly wing agi up etc

#29 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

WTF ??? :p_omg: :p_omg: only 2 mins ??

Thats horrible !!..Oda must be laughing at me now.. :p_swt: :heh: :heh:

#30 Ishira

Ishira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

For the Sand piles i think theres 12 piles in all but two are fake and give you nothing

heres the piles i found that will give fruit

1. Posted Image
2. Posted Image
3.Posted Image
4. Posted Image
5.Posted Image
6. Posted Image
7.Posted Image
8.Posted Image
9.Posted Image
10. Posted Image

these are the two fakes

Posted Image -this one is right above 1 & 2
Posted Image- this one is right about 8

im not sure if they are used for a different quest but id figured if i was running around clicking all these things i could at least get a picture for people who may not know where all of them are. Hope it helps

#31 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

there is a spot, where you can see 3 suspicious sand piles, its the best place to get the berries..

There are 2 different sand piles on malangdo, one is called strange sand piles (which doesnt give anythign for the quest) and the other suspicious sand pile.. those piles give at random a berry..

#32 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

there is a spot, where you can see 3 suspicious sand piles, its the best place to get the berries..

There are 2 different sand piles on malangdo, one is called strange sand piles (which doesnt give anythign for the quest) and the other suspicious sand pile.. those piles give at random a berry..

the other 2 different sand piles are for the cleanyang quest, after 1 day he want you to find more bisquits, 9 spots
the 3 in the ship, 2 spots outside are the strange sand piles
i found a 6th one in a crack east from the enchanters
2 are in the Empty Cat Towers, hmm maybe the last one too
okey the last one is in some weeds west ... ach the hell -> 139,178 coordinates
i got 60k base and 80k job with vip and 10 cat cans for this

Edited by Apocalis, 17 November 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#33 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

the other 2 different sand piles are for the cleanyang quest, after 1 day he want you to find more bisquits, 9 spots
the 3 in the ship, 2 spots outside are the strange sand piles
i found a 6th one in a crack east from the enchanters
2 are in the Empty Cat Towers, hmm maybe the last one too
okey the last one is in some weeds west ... ach the hell -> 139,178 coordinates
i got 60k base and 80k job with vip and 10 cat cans for this

Where exactly is the crack with the sixth in it?

I have all except that one, and have been looking for like 20 minutes for that crack.

All the cracks I find just say "I can see the crack. It seems there's still not enough supporters"

Another bug:

Yggdrasil daily quest isn't offered. I get a timer the first time I collect the berries for the quest, and the quest log entry for the timer implies that Rican should offer me a quest after that. But he doesn't say anything new

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 November 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#34 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Where exactly is the crack with the sixth in it?

I have all except that one, and have been looking for like 20 minutes for that crack.

All the cracks I find just say "I can see the crack. It seems there's still not enough supporters"

Another bug:

Yggdrasil daily quest isn't offered. I get a timer the first time I collect the berries for the quest, and the quest log entry for the timer implies that Rican should offer me a quest after that. But he doesn't say anything new

the crack is 231,130 if i remember me right, near a funny green cat door -> ok its not a crack it just looks like one, but there is no name on it

and yes this ygg daily and the daily with the crack filling don't work again, its maybe because the main quest is buggy and you first have to finish all steps before the dailys work again
but thats just my assumption

another thing i found out, but i don't know which quest it is atm, you'll get a bucket and cleaning brush inside the ship
you can fill the bucket with water on the 1st Rate Point (240,184), you can also get more buckets and brushs
i think it is part of the cat hand gamers quest or maybe the main quest, i'll check the cat hand gamers quest later if my timer runs out

edit: i'll do cat hand gamers quest further, i make the new steps in my guide some posts before, for a better overview

Edited by Apocalis, 18 November 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#35 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Chef Nyas that requesting something from Cleanyang quest also have repeatable quest to do, but oh my you must bring cooked foods? Not gonna get reward from him since I'm lazy to do cooking quest....

There are some npc that also *probably* give quest but no clue for now :

- A cat asking about unidentified fish from culvert/octopus...
- Between cat merchants, someone ask about imitated malangdo cans?
- A npc that similar sprite with Edgga, he ask for malangdo sp can and give points, what's this point will be used for?
- Request to getting into Culvert (defeating monsters etc there) but client problems to me (always gravity error when entering instance, already repatch and reinstall still not help)..

Edited by Exvee, 18 November 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#36 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

->

Chef Nyas that requesting something from Cleanyang quest also have repeatable quest to do, but oh my you must bring cooked foods? Not gonna get reward from him since I'm lazy to do cooking quest....

There are some npc that also *probably* give quest but no clue for now :

- A npc that similar sprite with Edgga, he ask for malangdo sp can and give points, what's this point will be used for?
- Request to getting into Culvert (defeating monsters etc there) but client problems to me (always gravity error when entering instance, already repatch and reinstall still not help)..

for the cooked food you'll get 9 coins, it s not worth the effort ...

-> i think, you can do an headgear in Malangdo, i saw it in the kro patches, maybe this is for that headgear or it is the main malangdo quest that is bugged atm

-> maybe it has to do something with items from the culverts, i couldn't find this items anywhere, probably a reward from the daily or weekly quests there

-> i found out thats are the same points that you get in ash for fishing and mining, your points there are the same, maybe this npc gives also warp and save services for more points, but for save there is also the inn keeper outside hmmm. ...

-> i think nobody can enter the culverts / octo cave atm, it is not allone a patching issue

i finished the cat hand gamers quest guide now, i think someone can add informations or write it in better english
another thing that i want to know is where you can buy or get the consumables from malangdo like the exp scrolls that i saw somewhere
ok its not a scroll its the
Malangdo Cat Can
Malangdo specialty item. Eating it will invigorate the individual.
Increases EXP and Job EXP gain by 10% for 20 minutes. (Stacks with other EXP boost bonuses)
Increases Drop rate by 20%. from the iro wiki forums

Edited by Apocalis, 18 November 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#37 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

How do you get the timer for Rican and Mali's quests to go away? I've talked to them, and they don't do anything.

#38 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

How do you get the timer for Rican and Mali's quests to go away? I've talked to them, and they don't do anything.

becaus the main quest is buggy, the dailys are buggy too from this quest
only way to get rid of it temporary is to right click them in the inactive log

*added some infos about the cat hand gamers rewards in my guide, it seems altough the only rewards are cat cans all the time
just the amount varies

Edited by Apocalis, 19 November 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Does octopus run crash clients too? I had only heard culverts.

Timers for main quest dailies can't be removed due to bugs with main quest, see current bugs section in first post.

#40 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Does octopus run crash clients too? I had only heard culverts.

Timers for main quest dailies can't be removed due to bugs with main quest, see current bugs section in first post.

http://forums.warppo...ngdo-instances/

Yes, the octopus run crashes the client. Don't open your Octopus Hunting Stick box! I wonder if people are going to be compensated for opening them.

#41 lokionline

lokionline

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Please repair the main quest about the Llinguist Devore. Talked to him ,but nothing happened.

#42 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I have to say that I really appreciated all of the "free" work you have provided to the community. You put so much efforts into your posts. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who appreciate you. Thanks Azzy.

#43 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

http://forums.warppo...ngdo-instances/

Yes, the octopus run crashes the client. Don't open your Octopus Hunting Stick box! I wonder if people are going to be compensated for opening them.

costumer server reply to the opened boxes refund; I specifically like the fact that she thinks that we have 'used' or stick/etc

Unfortunately, we cannot exchange an item that has already been opened and used.

#44 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Speak to Ser and Paa for the Rules and to start a Game. You must win 3 of 5 rounds for a present.
-> The Price for a Win are 5 Malang Sp Can. You have now a 24h Cooldown Timer before you can play this game again. You can not play against Ser and Paa, just one of them a day. I won against Ser, maybe Paa give you another Price.

You get 10 Malang Sp Can if you win all 5 rounds.

Speak to Kuka to play the ChamChamCham Game.
-> ok this is getting complicated, you'll have to click right or left option, if you are right and the cat face appears there you win a round. THe Npc says you'll get a price for 3 rounds and a bigger one if you make a new rekord. when you lose the 1. round like me, then you get a special mission like Hunting 50 Pecos (in my case x_X), if you win a round and lose the second there is no price and no special mission for practice
then there is just one try a day. if you lose there is 24h timer.

I got the New Record for ChamChamCham and got 7 Malang Sp Can and a Egrade Pocket. I think the prize may be at random.

Edited by Nine, 23 November 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#45 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

The bad cats in danger quest (repeatable version) is the same as the first time you do it. Just thought I'd mention that in case somebody didn't know.

#46 Burli

Burli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

We tried doing the Culvert instance this afternoon and ran into several issues. The Sea God's Protection did not allow the person to enter nor did temporary VIP. Missing says, that he does not have the Protection on him. Tried relogging and restarting to no avail.

#47 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

We tried doing the Culvert instance this afternoon and ran into several issues. The Sea God's Protection did not allow the person to enter nor did temporary VIP. Missing says, that he does not have the Protection on him. Tried relogging and restarting to no avail.

Hm

What duration of protection did you have?

Maybe one of the durations is bugged?

We had everything working as expected (VIP or non-VIP with protection could enter, non vip without protection couldn't) We used 23 hour protections.

#48 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Just finishing cat gamers. For those minigames written by Apocalis, lol at cancel dialogue button actually. If you're gonna lose on RSP and old school/mjolnir seal fight, cancel dialogue and retry until win :p_sad: :p_sad:

Only ChamChamCham minigame that you actually can lose and suffer penalty quest... For flag minigame just keep choosing wait until the cat says you will suffer penalty in next 1 turn (whenever you choose wait you'll counted down from 10 turn) then waving flag. To win the game, you need to choose waving flag when all cats have 0 flag point.

#49 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Where's the manager at for the cat gamers quest? I looked all over the island and can't find him. :hmm:

#50 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Coin Bags fixed:

Poor Coin Bag - drops 4 coins, it seems.

Out of 8, got:
1x Mora coin
2x Sapha Certification
5x Manuk Coin
2x Splendide Coin
1x C Class coin
1x E Class coin
20x Malang SP Can

33:
Malang SP Can x 3, Splendide Coin
Malang SP Can x 4
Malang SP Can, D class Coin, Malang SP Can x2
Malang SP Can x 2, E class Coin x2
Malang SP Can x 2, Manuk Coin, E class Coin
Malang SP Can x 4
Malang SP Can D class Coin, Manuk Coin, Malang SP Can
Sapha Cert, Malang SP Can x3
C Class Coin, Malang SP Can x2, E class Coin
Malang SP Can x 2, Manuk Coin, Splendide Coin
Malang SP Can x 2, Manuk Coin, Malang SP Can
Sapha Cert, Malang SP Can x3

Sapha Cert, Mora Coin, E class Coin Malang SP Can
Sapha Cert, Mora Coin, E class Coin Splendide Coin
Malang SP Can D class Coin, Manuk Coin, E class Coin
C Class Coin, Malang SP Can, Manuk Coin, Malang SP Can
Sapha Cert, Malang SP Can x2 Splendide Coin
Malang SP Can x 3, E class Coin
Malang SP Can, D class Coin, E class Coin x2

Malang SP Can x 2, E class Coin, Splendide Coin

Malang SP Can x 4
Sapha Cert, D class Coin, E class Coin Malang SP Can
C Class Coin, Malang SP Can, Manuk Coin, Splendide Coin
Sapha Cert, Malang SP Can x2 Splendide coin
Malang SP Can D class Coin,Malang SP Can, Splendide Coin
Malang SP Can, Mora Coin, E class Coin Malang SP Can
Malang SP Can, D class Coin, Malang SP Can, E class Coin
C Class Coin, Mora Coin, E class coin Malang SP Can
Malang SP Can x 2, E class Coin, Splendide Coin

Malang SP Can D class Coin,Malang SP Can, Splendide Coin
Sapha Cert, Mora Coin, Malang SP Can x2

Analysis:
Slot 1: Malang SP Can 60% Sapha Cert 25% C class Coin 15%
Slot 2: Malang SP Can 60% D Class Coin 25% Mora Coin 15%
Slot 3: Malang SP Can 60% Manuk Coin 25% E class Coin 15%
Slot 4: Malang SP Can 50-60% Splendide Coin 25-30% E class Coin 15-20%

Normal Coin Bag - Drops 4 items:
7x Malang SP Can
1x BClass Coin
1x CClass Coin
1x Mora Coin
1x Manuk Coin
1x Splendide Coin

Normal Coin Bag x 12
MSP MSP MSP SPL
MSP CCC MAC SPL
MSP MSP MAC SPL
MSP MSP MSP ECC
MSP CCC MSP SPL
BCC MSP MSP MSP
MSP CCC MAC MSP
BCC MSP DCC MSP
BCC CCC MSP ECC
SAC MOR MAC SPL
BCC CCC MSP SPL

Analysis: As above, each has a high drop of Malang SP Can, an uncommon drop, and a rare one. Not sure about rates, need bigger sample. Seems to give less Cans.

Analysis:
Slot 1: Malang SP Can 60% B Class Coin 25% Sapha Cert 15%
Slot 2: Malang SP Can 50-60% C Class Coin 25-35% Mora Coin 15%
Slot 3: Malang SP Can 50-60% Manuk Coin 25-30% E class Coin 15%
Slot 4: Malang SP Can 40-60% Splendide Coin 25-40% E class Coin 15-20%

Shabby Coin Bag: 100% drop from Mutant Ceolacanth
DCC MSP MSP

MSP MAC MOR

AGrade Pocket:

ACC BCC CCC MSP MSP
ACC BCC CCC MSP MSP

ACC BCC CCC MSP MSP
ACC BCC CCC BCC CCC

BGrade Pocket: 5 items
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC CCC MSP
BCC CCC DCC CCC MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP DCC
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP
BCC CCC DCC MSP MSP

DGrade Pocket: 4 Items:
DCC ECC ECCx2 MSP
DCC ECC MSPx2 DCC
DCC ECC ECCx2 DCC

EGrade Pocket: 3 Items
ECC MSPx2 MSP
ECC MSPx2 MSP
ECC MSPx2 MSP

I think the pattern is pretty clear.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2014 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users