Setup.exe The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Setup.exe The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

So after endless hours of trying to download the damn client, it downloads and patches. NOW it wont run, i get a stupid message that says "Setup.exe - Application Error" and it spews out "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application." in an endless cycle. FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 November 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Renamed topic to make it clear that this isn't the garden variety endless setup issue caused by not running setup as admin. You have tried running setup (located in your RO folder) as admin right?

It makes sense that you see it come up endlessly - what happens is the client checks if setup has saved settings. Seeing that it hasn't, it starts setup, then goes back to starting the RO client. If setup chokes (what you're seeing), it will just start setup again, since setup hasn't saved any settings.

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Try this:

• Open the start menu and then choose "all programs".
  • Open the Accessories folder.
  • Right-click on the shortcut named Command Prompt, and then choose "run as administrator".
  • Answer the User Account Control dialogue window affirmatively.
  • Enter "sfc /scannow" into the Command Prompt window.

Edited by Axylus, 07 April 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#4 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

NOTHING I try works. It keeps failing the application for setup regardless of what I do and I can't TERMINATE the damn thing because it LOOPS itself. i'm done with this, I can't do it anymore it's been 2 days now that i've tried ALL day to fix it. Either fix it, come up with a way to download the client where if it stops for some reason then you can continue downloading where it last left off, or I'm not playing anymore, simple as that, because this is pissing me off.

#5 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Posted the other in wrong one, but yea, I KNEW it wouldn't work your suggestion did nothing but waste my time...i'm tired of this

#6 yacsap

yacsap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuckland
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

I got the same issue, and still cannot be fixed until now: http://forums.warppo...ndows-8-64-bit/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users