Need Help with a High Wizard Skill Build - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help with a High Wizard Skill Build

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

Heya,

as the title suggests I'm looking to get some help with my High Wizard's skills. Thanks to the turtle event I got to trans my wizard a lot sooner than expected. I've played a number of different wizards over the years, but never made it this far. So... Before I thoroughly ruin my skill build, I figured I'd ask for some help. I'd like to note that I'm looking to put together a solid PvE build, I'm not interested in doing much (if any) PvP.
What I have in mind so far is this.

It leaves me with 9 skill points to work with. One of those I suppose I should put into Cold bolt? Maybe put 5 into Jupitel Thunder?
Also... Is Gravitational Field any good? I've never seen it used so I'm guessing it isn't... But curiosity killed the cat, ne?

Any input and/or criticism is highly appreciated!

#2 Truly

Truly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

- Drop Cold Bolt to 5, SG is all you need for water element damage.
- Jupitel Thunder is very useful, max it.
- Grav field sucks.
- You can get IW4 with the remaining skill points. IW is extremely useful in PvE if you learn to use it correctly.

#3 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

First you dont need Quagmire 5, ide go with maybe 2 or 3. Drop some points from HD too.

#4 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

http://web.hc.keio.a...FdqadmxHxgAcAak

that's what I got down as a cookie cutter sort of build. MS 10/LoV 10/SG 10, JT 10. Dropped down HD and Quag, but there's 5 points left over if you really want high levels.

#5 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Alright! I'm kind of stuck with cold bolt level 9. (Nice for soloing at goats at least.)But, I'll cut down on the Quagmire and Heavens Drive.
I'm loving Ice wall. A lot more cost efficient than trying to safety wall anytime something breathes on me. I -think- I got my build figured out now. Taking the skill build Tigra linked, I'd put Ice wall at level 4, and Cold Bolt at 9.
Thanks for the help!

#6 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Yea it looks good. Personally I dont have IW myself, and only see it used really for high tier MvPs.

Edited by Symm, 28 July 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Sefier

Sefier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationProntera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgart 106,226
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Get gambantien.

It's amazing for woe and taking down mvp's.

This is my current build: Skills

But I'm getting a reskill soon to this: New

I enjoy PVP and Woe and the second build I can still kill mvp's with, but be much more of a threat and survive better in pvp and woe. :3

Edited by Sefier, 29 July 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#8 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

This is my Skill Build. I think this is a build that suits me well, and don't believe in going over 1 in quag. MS is perfectly fine at 8 imo, you only get 1 more meteor at 10 and it costs alot more SP.

I have used IW1 to keep Baphomet contained, and it worked perfectly, so 2 should do fine. SW 7 is bare minimum for wizs, and it does a good job anyway.

Just another build for you to consider :rolleyes:

#9 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for all your input guys!

This is the build I'm going with.

My High Wizard is job level 51 at the moment, so I'm pretty stuck with the path I've taken. Many thanks for all the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users