• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

I have ~3 questions/categories about leveling in renewal. I'd appreciate if anyone could answer any of them.

First:
I have 4 99 characters atm, and a few 9x trans. The 99 characters are sage, priest, blacksmith, and dancer.

Since Renewal is coming next week, I was wondering if it's smarter to trans now and get to 7x and then finish the characters during renewal (since 70-99 should be easier than it currently is with the exp table being scaled), or if it's smarter to just completely wait and maybe trans sometime in the future. Is level 1-7x going to be easier in renewal than it currently is? I want the easiest (least time consuming) way to level, so basically I'm asking:

Is it better to trans now and get level 70 trans, thereby skipping what would be 1-70 on renewal or
Completely wait and just trans later, getting 1-99 on renewal.

Second question
Is getting level 99 trans as hard in renewal as it currently is? Should I just leave the 99 regular classes as they are and focus on the 9x trans I have?

And my last question:
Would I be able to skip trans on a priest, sage, blacksmith, or dancer? I know that I wouldn't get the +25%hp/sp bonus, but I'm talking about in terms of skills and how useful those skills are to the subsequent 3rd classes. I don't want to completely suck. Examples:
if I skipped high priest and just went to arch bishop, I wouldn't get assumptio... but I heard assumptio got nerfed.
if I skipped scholar, I wouldn't get soul exhale or hindsight... but soul exhale gets nerfed so that you can only give 1/2 SP. And I heard that Sorcerers were more melee-based anyway.
if I skipped gypsy, I wouldn't get arrow vulcan.
if I skipped mastersmith, I wouldn't get HSCR.

If you want to know about my playing style and stuff, I have a sinx, high wizard, paladin, and some other trans. None of them are job 70. I've been playing since 2003. I have nice gears, but no God items or super high-tiered ones or anything. I used to WoE, but I don't really anymore since the guild I was in went on hiatus.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really out of the loop about all the changes.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'd trans now and get them at least to 6x.

In pre-renewal, the grind starts at 7x and gets hellish at 9x.

In renewal, the grind never gets hellish, but it starts at 1x.

#3 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

If you have mercs, go for it and get to 7x.

#4 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

anything about being able to skip trans completely and go straight to third class?

#5 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

anything about being able to skip trans completely and go straight to third class?

I wouldn't do it. Not only do you miss out on those skills, but you miss out on 20 extra skill points that (if you really didn't want those trans-only skills) you could spend on other skills in your first or second skill tree (depending on the class of course). Given you have the resources to power level yourself to 7x pre-renewal, then go trans and do go for it. Leveling feels -really- slow in the early levels in renewal, and you absolutely can't power level in renewal, so you'll be stuck grinding away right after you trans.

tl;dr: Don't skip trans. Trans before renewal hits. You'll probably feel better about it when you manage third class trans.

#6 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

Well, I think I will try to trans some of my 99 characters before renewal. But since I'm in college, I highly doubt I'll be able to get all 4 70+, so which do you guys think would be best to trans? I think I should focus on two so I don't start failing all my classes playing RO, lol.

I'm thinking priest first, then maybe one other one after? Which one would you guys recommend (out of sage, blacksmith, dancer)?

Edited by Tigra, 09 October 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

If you have 99 fencer it takes about 2-3 hours to make a 7x from 1/1 high novice. Even in college, you can do all your chars inside a week if you have a dozen or so fencer scrolls. There is also zeny->levels with items on ymir.

#8 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

^I have 99 fencers, and I use them in Anubis... but I can never seem to level that fast. Is this purely with fencer scrolls & hide accessory?

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, just tele around and bowling bash anubis on sphinx4. Use a battle manual if you have it. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours to get to second job and then somewhere into the 6x range. I would do that with all characters, since 1-60 is a beotch in renewal. Seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users