Nia's 2nd Annual Winter Spectacular-Leo raffle winners up! - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Nia's 2nd Annual Winter Spectacular-Leo raffle winners up!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#1 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Greetings My fellow Rosesarians,

I am extending an Invitation to you for what I hope might be the biggest party Leonis(Bigger then last year!) has ever seen! Fun for all to be had--regardless of Clan or. For the players by the players! This year(With the help of Zurn) there will be Draco's first annual one as well!

Posted Image Posted Image
**DRACO TIME HAS CHANGED TO 8am SERVER TIME -10pm SERVER TIME (all day) Check bottom of second post for times and prizes

LEONIS: Right now the date we’re shooting for is December 29th 2012(provided the world doesn’t actually end.. In the case of the world ending we will reschedule indefinitely). Time of day will be pushed up from when it was last year—ie—events starting earlier for people who live in other areas of the world.*

DRACONIS: December 22nd. 8am Server time-10pm server time(With some potty breaks :{ ). As of right now Draconis' Spectacular is only mini-games. I have no means to really run a PVP TOURNY for Draco. However, that being said, if someone else wanted to take that on--I would be happy to help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For those who do not know me, my name is Meghan(Just..for the love of all things...If I don't know you don't come up to me in game and call me that--It freaaaks me the heck out when strangers use my name!) For those who do know me yet—Well, it’s a blessing in disguise! MaybeMost of the time I bite—or at least bark. .. I do love to give back to the community—So here it is Nia’s second annual Winter Spectacular. I threw this event last year for the first time and it went swimmingly. I extended invitations to just about everyone that was around and the turnout was amazing! As far as I could tell everyone had some fun, although there were some speedbumps. This year, I want to go much much bigger. I’ve got help now coming from Kyoudai and Tututut(I didn’t have to threaten the CMs either)! Additionally, the weekend before Leonis--Draco will experiance their first annual spectacular!! This is largely thanks to Shriagiku and its clanmaster!

I'm asking that players throw away all the hate they have for others for this years event, and get together to just have what the game was intended for-fun! And for a few hours that Clans respect a temporary truce so that all might have the chance to participate if they choose to. After it’s over, feel free to resume all normal activity!

Posted Image

Posted Image

To keep this thread a little easier to follow, all updates will now be in this section--as well as have a post in the thread. This is for people who do not wish to scower the thread!!

November 25th:

Mayhem announced!

Updated Second Post to Include Mini Games to be played--More coming later

November 29th:

Draco Officially Added to Event for Saturday, December 22nd 8am-10pm Server time

Added More prizes for Leo from Donators + My Storage(Prize list growing!!)

December 2nd:

Cleaned up the thread to make it (hopefully) more organized. Added this update section to make it easier to update!!

December 4th:

The word was Draco wanted some PVP action or the event wasn't going to be fun--So after talking with some different cms on Draco, I have come to the conclusion it will be pointless without. Draconis will now have PVP events as well! Pay attention to the post on pvp, there is some difference between the two servers. On that note, because there are NUMEROUS more events, I am looking for more help with prizes--anyone willing to donate please contact me((This goes for both servers, but emphasis on draco as I only have so much over there)).

December 19th:

There will be a Permanent Mammoth Mount Available through this event--It will be given out through the Loser's raffle for both servers. This prize is being donated by the devs/admins so make sure to thank them for supporting community run events!

Also, I've posted tentative scheduling for the Draco PVP portions, this is not hardcore set in stone, but its something so everyone knows where I'm going with this. Since I added PVP events, the day starts a lot earlier then originally intended! Just come and go for whatever you like!

Posted Image

Posted Image
I obviously cannot force anyone to follow them, but am asking people to be courteous and please do so to keep the event as orderly as possible. If it continues to go well, I'd like to keep doing more of these events(big small). I know I dropped the ball on my spring one because I got busy with some things.

• Please try to keep trash talking to a minimum--or at least save it until after. There will be designated people that you can whisper if you are having troubles with someone , so it might be sorted out. I'm looking for us to have fun, not fights. If fights break out, it becomes harder to manage the games going on during this event.
  • Please do not be the one to start the war. A lot of enemy clans are agreeing to try to coexist at the same time, not an easy thing for any of us. But try to make new friends instead of throwing gas into a fire that's already there! Please please please <3
  • I am hoping there will be a lot of people, and the more people means a harder to control group--unless I have the right amount of cooperation. Listening for directions is helpful!
  • Remember Nia is always right! (I'm just kidding! KIDDING.). But really, be forgiving of my decisions. This is the first time I'm doing something like this in game! If something doesn't work out this time, it can be changed for next time.
  • Have Fun (Or ELSE :3). Remember winning isn't everything, enjoy yourself!
I reserve to add rules or edit them as necessary, but just trying to cover the basis! <3 Thanks ahead of time!

Posted Image

Leonis Prizes(Contributor list)*(So Far so you have an idea of what will be given out--selling stuff to hopefully contribute a zuly prize too!):

Spoiler
Draconis Prizes(Contributor list)*(So Far so you have an idea of what will be given out--selling stuff to hopefully contribute a zuly prize too!):
Spoiler

(More will be added soon, selling things and sorting through my storage. If anyone is interested in donating prizes, It would be greatly appreciated! I can also make an announcement or something for you during the events!)

*What events the prizes will be given out for I have yet to decide, as I make rules and all of that fun stuff for the events, then I'll figure out what the prize for different events will be. Some of the stuff might just be given out at random!

I am currently in the process of talking to CM from different clans to help keep fighting to a minimal! Please if you are a CM and I have not talked to you about this yet, contact me, or let me know if you will agree to a few hours of peace!

P.S Will Keep Updating this post, so keep checking back! Forgive me for typos and grammatical errors--And remember, 2+2 is fish.

Edited by NamirBarades, 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#2 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

DA PVP PORTION(Draco and Leonis)
*pay attention to which belongs to which server because its going to be a little different for both
1v1(Leonis/Draco)
1st Prize: TBA
Second Prize: TBA
Third Prize: TBA

Spoiler

Nia's Pick Tournament(Leonis only)

Spoiler

King Of TG(Leonis and Draconis)
Note: If there is a clear second place winner, I'll throw something in for second place, but not making any promises
Spoiler

3v3(Leonis and Draconis)
Spoiler

IN GAME MINI GAMES(Both Draconis and Leonis Servers)
Spoiler

Last Buff Standing
Spoiler

Catch That Booster(Game Suggested/created by Vivito..Lame Name by me)
Spoiler

Rose Trivia
Spoiler

Dress to Impress-Costume Contest
Spoiler

Ugliest Costume Contest
Spoiler

TG Cart Racing
Spoiler

TG Mount Racing
Spoiler

Hide and Go Seek
Spoiler

Scavenger Hunt
Spoiler

Best Dressed Contest
Spoiler

FORUM MINI GAMES(Mostly new this year)

COMING SOON

I wanted to have some stuff leading up to this event(Maybe one a week) in order to raise awareness by keeping this thread active.

End of the Event Loser's Raffle
*See Prizes in Spoiler
Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Losers Raffle(You get entries into the raffle by participating in the different games):
250m Zuly
Permanent Mammoth Mount(donated by the dev/admin!! <3<3<3)
Small Astarot Wings of Humility[8]
Gold Seraphs [11]
Firefly Wings
Red Knit Cap
Blue Knit Cap
Paper Bag
Ushanka Cap
Cute Bunny Cap
Plaid Fedora
Speed (party) (60)
Critical (party) (10)
Trainee Medal (1)
Medal of Retrieval (2)
Medal of Fortune (music)
Hair Dye Coupon (1)
Pogo Set
Sparky Set
Flow Set
Flor Set
Lox Set
Reinforced Raptor Set[10-11]zircon7 chest + raptor backsheild [10]
Summer School Look [4]
Hawaiian Costume [5]
Violet Leopold Partywear [4]
Gentlemans Stash
Beach Flippers
Night Vision Goggles
Crimson Backshield
Pink Moldie Inner tube
Pirate Frigate

Anything that was donated and not listed here is likely to be handed out randomly during the day by my helpful santas.

Edited by NamirBarades, 22 December 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#3 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Pinned until the end of the event~

#4 marwanownz

marwanownz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yes we are "This" awesome.

Edited by marwanownz, 26 November 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#5 Ohsyris

Ohsyris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Im so gonna win hide and seek. Just saying.

#6 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

iseewhatudidthere

#7 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

*disqualifies*

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Sounds like fun Nia.

#9 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

+1 on this, last years event was awesome!
For those whom didn't fight in the PvP tours also had chances on random guessing games and I won useful stuff whilst being poor :) !

Still remember king of TG, that was probably the most fun I've had with people in tg ever. Remember all of us crowding together using boosters and what not, and I got killed by someone that already lost (buhuuu :( ) but it was awesome!

Looking foward to this years event, your doing a great job Meghan!
Will there be a donation foundation this year too?

#10 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Sounds great Nia. If there is anything 2Swords or I can do please don't hesitate to ask. We will work on some prize donations too and will let you know. If you need help with crowd control, running or officiating an event, helping announce the event in game, etc please let us know.

Another fun event and one the community seemed to like when Shazamo did it was something like Rose Trivia and/or word scrambles/jumbles. And those are easy to run throughout the day.

Let us know what you need!!

#11 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Definitely will take donations again--Anything can help. We'll have santa characters going around and handing out small little prizes like last time--just randomly giving people stuff..plus the more stuff I have the more mini games we can have!

#12 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

are you hinting something with the santa? *tempted to fake afk*

#13 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

kos.

:>

#14 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

are you hinting something with the santa? *tempted to fake afk*

I like.. how youre acting like you have a choice.

#15 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

omg can i be a santa?!

#16 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

omg can i be a santa?!

HAY!

#17 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Being a santa could work.

#18 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

HAY!

what?! i have presents!

#19 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

what?! i have presents!

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

#20 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'M ASKING MEGHAN!

#21 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

How can this be fair for every contestants when you can't even tell who cheats who?

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 26 November 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#22 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

How can this be fair for every contestants when you can't even tell who cheats who. Fail event.GG

There will be people serving as the admins/moderators to watch people's HP/Buffing/Etc. It isn't cheat proof but would surely help deter people from attempting.

#23 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

There will be people serving as the admins/moderators to watch people's HP/Buffing/Etc. It isn't cheat proof but would surely help deter people from attempting.

How about the IM pots ?can mods detect this 1? I don't think so. Were easter pots thingy and GA pots allowed?Mods are not GMs that can monitor all things in-game.

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 26 November 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#24 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

How about the IM pots ?can mods detect this 1? I don't think so. Were easter pots thingy and GA pots allowed?Mods are not GMs that can monitor all things in-game.

Anyone with common sense and eyes can see another individual's hp in group/party and be able to visually observe pots that heal at a quicker rate or quicker cooldown than ordinary pots.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 26 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#25 AllUpOnYourFace

AllUpOnYourFace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:Leones

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

its kinda hard to compete for 1 vs 1 cuz im a cleric but i like the event i hope the 3 vs 3 will be put in so everyone keep meghan in a good mood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users