O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion - Page 3 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#51 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

225k dmg with HF... really??? How can u do that? Pic Please!!!

#52 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Oh mwahahaa this is good this is good... >=D
I thought the red twin > ele sword situation was sorted out long time ago. By the way, if I remember correctly elemental sword's +10% damage against neutral monsters doesn't work at all.

Now I'm reconsidering again...I'm going pure pure pure damage (no defense at all) because I basically have an unlimited amount of tokens. Anyways, on that note, Hurricane Fury adds into the equation now since I can give up the shield.

Now, let's fix all weapons at +12, with an average of EA4 enchants (+10% ranged damage).

Tests to do:
+12 Elemental Sword x3 Archer Skeleton
+12 Red Twin x3 Archer Skeleton
+12 Byeog EA4x2
+12 Hurricane Fury x1 Archer Skeleton EA4x2
+12 ????

Simply test those on MvPs and see which is higher!
An important note is to test with maxed Axe Mastery(Even though the skill doesn't state, it actually adds One-Hand Swords too)+Sword Mastery as it seems to effect the damage by some considerable amount (added as equipment attack). So the fact of equipping a sword has both skill's benefit vs axe's one skill benefit is added into calculation.

I might be able to provide the byeog. Anyone else do the rest =D? Havenn got red twin and ele sword~ So I guess just need a HF

#53 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Guys I dont know if you are aware that in kRO new weapons were added on list of weaps that can be enchanted in Malangdo, so....

RTE and BTE are added on that list, i didnt check if the Ele Sword was included, however, in this case I think that once this be implemented (probably i will be death once it be added), the RTE will be the best weapon, if you get EA4 on it. (RTE x3AS + EA4)

#54 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

An important note is to test with maxed Axe Mastery(Even though the skill doesn't state, it actually adds One-Hand Swords too)+Sword Mastery as it seems to effect the damage by some considerable amount (added as equipment attack). So the fact of equipping a sword has both skill's benefit vs axe's one skill benefit is added into calculation.

I might be able to provide the byeog. Anyone else do the rest =D? Havenn got red twin and ele sword~ So I guess just need a HF

:p_love:

Why u gunna go and make me spend 4$ tonight lmao

Guys I dont know if you are aware that in kRO new weapons were added on list of weaps that can be enchanted in Malangdo, so....

RTE and BTE are added on that list, i didnt check if the Ele Sword was included, however, in this case I think that once this be implemented (probably i will be death once it be added), the RTE will be the best weapon, if you get EA4 on it. (RTE x3AS + EA4)

Saw this too and agreed if it does happen.

Edited by Havenn, 07 January 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#55 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Oh mwahahaa this is good this is good... >=D
I thought the red twin > ele sword situation was sorted out long time ago. By the way, if I remember correctly elemental sword's +10% damage against neutral monsters doesn't work at all.

Maybe the +10% damage vs neutral is not doing what it says? Check on boss vs non-boss (maybe it's a +10% damage to non-boss) and other races vs formless (formless has been mistranslated as neutral).

The two are calcing so close to eachother that the behavior of that 10% is a really big deal.

You should test the 10% bit with a +0~5 Ele Sword, on a blacksmith with maximize power using normal attacks, in order to conclusively demonstrate how this works. If you need a really weak boss to use for this, wear water armor and chase down the wild rider in malangdo 1.

Also, I've already tested mastery damage. It does not effect the damage of Acid Bomb (tested with +0 sword [3], so that the variance would be dwarfed by the magnitude of the atk difference contributed by Sword Mast - and yet the damage was exactly the same. The same is almost certainly true of axe mastery and all other sources of useless mastery damage, like cart boost (didja know it's supposed to increase your attack? It gives mastery attack though, so you don't even notice it except with normal attacks).

Now I'm reconsidering again...I'm going pure pure pure damage (no defense at all) because I basically have an unlimited amount of tokens.

Planning your character around spamming self res is not a winning plan, except for gravity's billing dept.

You should be saving those for MVPs where you go in with proper defense and still have to spam selfres when the -_- hits the fan. Like when bakey spawns the wakwaks and you're left throwing one bomb per token to finish him off.

#56 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

You should be saving those for MVPs where you go in with proper defense and still have to spam selfres when the -_- hits the fan. Like when bakey spawns the wakwaks and you're left throwing one bomb per token to finish him off.

LOL! Totally fudged my killing time last week and that happened xD

#57 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Here is the link for the Patch News at kRO: http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=99364

Enchants for RTE will come...

#58 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

You can use a triple AS scalpel against small mvps and it will do a little more damage than AS HF.

That sounds pretty significant

#59 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

That sounds pretty significant

Not surprising at all!

332/2 =166, so the scalpel is only 46 atk behind, easily outshone by the 2 extra AS cards. With good enchants, the HF might match the scalpel, but even that is a stretch.

HF is not what most people would want to bomb with, but it should be good for CC, though it's damage was disappointing when I tried it - maybe due to the size penalty.

#60 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ok, then considering the future when RTS is able to be enchanted, then it's easily said that future RTS > future others.
Should get like EA 7 on RTS since only 1 slot is available so shouldn't be that hard.

Sigh~ kk fine getting RTS >.>

#61 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

What if enchanting removes card slots =D?

#62 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

If you aimed for 2x EA7 it would be 6% more ranged damage, although it would take 329842394 more effort. I would rather use that effort money on other equips ^^~

On that note, anyone has a RTS for sale? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh yah and is there a question of whether buwaya or bakonawa tattoo increases AS damage more?

Pfffft lol last question: I know it was kind of explained that +% boss increase (AK Card, beyog) on AB damage was calculated differently - not much difference in damage than archer skeleton card. But, is 1 AK card still better than 1 AS card against an MvP, even if it adds like a tiny 100 more damage?
Since I'm doing PURE PURE MvP, and I got so many extra AK cards, if it adds a tiny 1% more damage or something, why not?

Edited by michaeleeli, 07 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#63 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

But the only small MVP is mistress. Bee doesn't count since it can't be bombed. I did think about using a dagger to bomb small MVPs before, until I saw only mistress was in the list. Not too sure if twin edge (75% small) or HF (50% small) will do more damage, but usually mistress dies in just a few bombs anyway.

#64 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

225k dmg with HF... really??? How can u do that? Pic Please!!!

it's really hard to notice since I only mvp-ing inside ET/instances with party and damage number floods, but that's what I've seen with Ifrit.. Pyroclastic and all other weapon buffs like Striking, Power Odin, etc...

What if enchanting removes card slots =D?

enchanting will remove 3th and 4th card slots, so in that case RTE can only use 1 EA enchant + 3 AS card..

Not surprising at all!

332/2 =166, so the scalpel is only 46 atk behind, easily outshone by the 2 extra AS cards. With good enchants, the HF might match the scalpel, but even that is a stretch.

HF is not what most people would want to bomb with, but it should be good for CC, though it's damage was disappointing when I tried it - maybe due to the size penalty.

I think Dieter is the destined pair for HF. With Pyroclastic, the only cons I feel is being shield-less. In ET, only fire-resist monsters and tough monsters like bio3/valk/morroc that can't one shotted by CC with my pyro-HF..

But the only small MVP is mistress. Bee doesn't count since it can't be bombed. I did think about using a dagger to bomb small MVPs before, until I saw only mistress was in the list. Not too sure if twin edge (75% small) or HF (50% small) will do more damage, but usually mistress dies in just a few bombs anyway.

lol and I'm sure lex-ed mistress is instant kill or just two shots (one shot extra after lex) when I'm ET-ing with pyro-HF..

Edited by Exvee, 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#65 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Also, I've already tested mastery damage. It does not effect the damage of Acid Bomb (tested with +0 sword [3], so that the variance would be dwarfed by the magnitude of the atk difference contributed by Sword Mast - and yet the damage was exactly the same. The same is almost certainly true of axe mastery and all other sources of useless mastery damage, like cart boost (didja know it's supposed to increase your attack? It gives mastery attack though, so you don't even notice it except with normal attacks).
token to finish him off.

I read a post from jayd few months ago that it did affect the AB damage, because if it didn't, then equip attack wouldn't matter in the damage formula of AB (since it adds as equip attack. But I may be totally wrong too).
If it really is so, then no need to get any mastery skills as it contributes nothing to AB.

Swt just bought a +12 red twin 3x as for 810m. good deal?

Edited by michaeleeli, 07 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#66 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Uhm... Yeah, you saved from getting safe certs +10 and the time that will take to make it to +12.

#67 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

oh wow mich, thats not bad at all. With decent luck, you'd end up paying the same if not more to make it.

Lets say you purchase - 70m

use 6-7 +7certs (@ 15.5m! currently) - 93m-108.5m

say 50 enrich to be safe (could be much less or more) - 150m

+12 lv4 weapon = 500m+ (unless you're CyberShot)

813-828m?

Edited by Havenn, 08 January 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#68 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Selling a +12 Byellogum ExpertArcher 7 800M.

#69 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

oh wow mich, thats not bad at all. With decent luck, you'd end up paying the same if not more to make it.

Lets say you purchase - 70m

use 6-7 +7certs (@ 15.5m! currently) - 93m-108.5m

say 50 enrich to be safe (could be much less or more) - 150m

+12 lv4 weapon = 500m+ (unless you're CyberShot)

813-828m?

avg 40 enriched to +9, 26 enriched to get back from +8 to +9 after failed +10 attempt,

So 300 enriched on average to get the +10, plus the 10 HD ori then 110 hd whicheveritis for +12ing.

#70 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

but is it normal that AK cards dosent effect so much or a bug?

#71 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hmmm okok just to straighten some facts & questions down from this thread:

Facts:
1) Future RTS > Future Other Weapons
2) Sword Mastery does not affect AB damage at all.

Question:
1) Buwaya Tattoo or Bakonawa Tattoo for damage?
2) Which deals more damage, AK Card or AS Card?
3) Does Axe Mastery affect AB damage? (Test from jay sais it does, might be different from Sword Mastery)
4) Does Elemental Sword's +10% damage on neutral monsters work, and on AB? (Don't really care since Future RTS is better anyways ^^;)

#72 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

What I'm curious about is using a LotD helm. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18574/
Worth using an AK card over AS then? I'm thinking so.

#73 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

As far as i know a +9 EMH is the best headgear for improving acid bomb damage.

#74 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm not sure, 47% more to a boss with a +11 LotD helm AK card combo sounds better than +2% to all and 5% more ranged, 15% if you add in an AS card.

#75 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

As far as i know a +9 EMH is the best headgear for improving acid bomb damage.

Best for all around damage, mainly cart cannon.

I'm not sure, 47% more to a boss with a +11 LotD helm AK card combo sounds better than +2% to all and 5% more ranged, 15% if you add in an AS card.

Better when facing boss/mvp monsters. (I dont remember if bonus applies only vs MvPs or boss monsters in general)

220k bomb is a lot if is without lex ..?(120 str, double megs, +12 RTE AK AK AKm +11LotD, bryn, +9 Heroic *90 Dex, 90 Str, 90 int*, ,sleips, pirate dagger, pyroclastic + other fancy buffs of other classes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users