O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion - Page 30 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#726 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

Well I cant say I am suffering against the mobs, I can kill them just it seems to take me more CCs than the other Genes I know of. My gears currently are:

+7 Cylinder Hairband(clean)

+9 Medical Scrub(clean)

+15 Double Liberation Crimson Mace Holy

+12 Cranial Immune Shield

+9 Fallen Angel Wing of Shoooter

+9 Temporal DEX Boots(slotted and clean)

2 x Sapphire Wrist of Mad Berserker

My Gene is at lv.151 and the stats are: STR 100, VIT 80, INT 100, DEX 114. I just got Tengu Set a day ago but it seems my STR aint good enough to capitalize the benefit of Tengu Set yet. Do you think my DPS will get better once my STR and DEX are 120? And how do you think I can improve the gears above?

I do ET a lot on my genes, and I'll say that the most important part about playing a gene (solo) is a good balance between offense and defense. What you have already seems sufficient, with a few minor tweaks:

Why cranial immune lol.

Get Str boots if you're 120str

Swap out medical scrub for something that adds dmg/leech if you can't get more than 171 apsd normally.

Get a DR FAW, or any DR garment. 

Boss shield!

#727 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Umm what is the best weapon among these three alternatives for Cart Cannon?

1. +15 Crimson Mace(2 x Archer Skeleton Cards)

2. +15 Erde(2 x Archer Skeleton Cards + EA 10)
3. +9 Twin Edge of Naght Sieger(3 x Archer Skeleton Cards)

I use a +15 Crimson Mace with 2 x AK cards against bosses and MVPs, it works nicely but is somehow weak against normal mobs. So I am thinking about buying a weapon specifically designed for clearing normal mobs, will switch weapon when bosses/MVPs show up.

+15 crimson is best to use. +12~14 Robots arm does more dps but honestly making a robots arm with AS card is just a waste of zeny coz robots arm only out dps crimson mace if your str is high.

If you can acquire +12-14 Robot's Arm with 2 AK cards. that's better for all around mobs/mvps. dealing 200k cc with Pyroclastic+omw is decent with this.

Robots arm beats crimson only if you str is high.

Well I cant say I am suffering against the mobs, I can kill them just it seems to take me more CCs than the other Genes I know of. My gears currently are:

+7 Cylinder Hairband(clean)

+9 Medical Scrub(clean)

+15 Double Liberation Crimson Mace Holy

+12 Cranial Immune Shield

+9 Fallen Angel Wing of Shoooter

+9 Temporal DEX Boots(slotted and clean)

2 x Sapphire Wrist of Mad Berserker

My Gene is at lv.151 and the stats are: STR 100, VIT 80, INT 100, DEX 114. I just got Tengu Set a day ago but it seems my STR aint good enough to capitalize the benefit of Tengu Set yet. Do you think my DPS will get better once my STR and DEX are 120? And how do you think I can improve the gears above?

you are only 151 so you will do less dps, Levels are very important for gene dps. Also your stats are weird, why not 120 dex? there is little to no difference between 90 - 100 str, hell even 108 str has not much of a dps boost compared to 90. Tengu set will drastically change ur CC dps. For gears ill tell you what i use, idk if they are best but i like those so i stick to them.

+7 CHB

+10 EDA

+15 crimson mace neutral 2AKs

+12 racial immune shields

+9 DR/Menblatt FAW

+9 Temp Dex EA/BP

2 sapph writs with gold scaraba

+9 phy set, +9 lib set, +9 shadow dex armor

I see. So Temporal STR Boots is the best for CC damage? Is EA4 or FS7 better as enchant?

EA > FS

I do ET a lot on my genes, and I'll say that the most important part about playing a gene (solo) is a good balance between offense and defense. What you have already seems sufficient, with a few minor tweaks:

Why cranial immune lol.

Swap out medical scrub for something that adds dmg/leech if you can't get more than 171 apsd normally.

Boss shield!

lol why not cranial?

DR is kinda sorta must for solo gene unless you have painkiller. Still i wud prefer DR.

#728 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

160 str is the break even point for a +12 robot arm vs +15 crimson mace.

if robot has higher refines or crimson lower, you need even less str.

That is specifically for its atk, robot will give more matk than robot even at +1, for being a lv4 weapon.

#729 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

I tested +14 2AK Robo vs +15 2AK Crimson and it didnt seem much of a difference for me at around 130~ str.

A friend tested with 2 megs and the difference results was BIG.

#730 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

I tested +14 2AK Robo vs +15 2AK Crimson and it didnt seem much of a difference for me at around 130~ str.

A friend tested with 2 megs and the difference results was BIG.

to put it in numbers

My setup (too lazy to write) with +15 crimson = 420k CC/ 490kk when BP procs, to thorns on 100th floor ET.

Same setup with +14 robots arm = 430kCC/ 540-550k CC when BP procs and with megs it will be even more.

But if you dont plan on using Tengu set then i think 80str is enuf and crimson mace is best option. Coz now CC

does so much damage its just a better option than bombing.

BP = Bear Power if anyone didnt know.

#731 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Why cranial immune lol.

Boss shield!

Well my Gene is lv.155 now and still doing bio 4, thought cranial immune shield is good against these demihuman monsters. What is a better end-game shield though? Vakyria Alice Shield? I am kinda unfamiliar with the shield options since my main is WL and I always use +12 MBS or no shield at all. And you are saying that, Temporal STR is better than Temporal DEX for CC? If so, sure I will grab one once my STR is 120. I used to wear +10 EDA as leech gear but since my Gene has a huge amount of SP, I switched to Medical Scrub for better tanking since I almost never run out of SP. What is the armor you use for your Gene though if its not a secret? Just want to compare and see what are the options available.

+15 crimson is best to use. +12~14 Robots arm does more dps but honestly making a robots arm with AS card is just a waste of zeny coz robots arm only out dps crimson mace if your str is high.

Robots arm beats crimson only if you str is high.

you are only 151 so you will do less dps, Levels are very important for gene dps. Also your stats are weird, why not 120 dex? there is little to no difference between 90 - 100 str, hell even 108 str has not much of a dps boost compared to 90. Tengu set will drastically change ur CC dps. For gears ill tell you what i use, idk if they are best but i like those so i stick to them.

+7 CHB

+10 EDA

+15 crimson mace neutral 2AKs

+12 racial immune shields

+9 DR/Menblatt FAW

+9 Temp Dex EA/BP

2 sapph writs with gold scaraba

+9 phy set, +9 lib set, +9 shadow dex armor

EA > FS

lol why not cranial?

DR is kinda sorta must for solo gene unless you have painkiller. Still i wud prefer DR.

Yeah I figured low level can be the cause of this problem. My Dex isnt 120 yet so cant get bonus for ranged damage, and my STR is also far below 120 so cant make use of Tengu Set yet. Also I dont wear any shadow gears other than the EXP goggle, that can be another reason. If possible, can you show your damage for CC with/without Tengu Set, and with/without shadow gears? I am just curious at what makes the bigger difference of my lack of DPS, since I may be missing a few pieces for maximizing my DPS but I cant be sure where the 'bottleneck' is. And thx for the tip for Temporal Boots enchant, I will use EA instead of FS then.

#732 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

Well my Gene is lv.155 now and still doing bio 4, thought cranial immune shield is good against these demihuman monsters. What is a better end-game shield though? Vakyria Alice Shield? I am kinda unfamiliar with the shield options since my main is WL and I always use +12 MBS or no shield at all. And you are saying that, Temporal STR is better than Temporal DEX for CC? If so, sure I will grab one once my STR is 120. I used to wear +10 EDA as leech gear but since my Gene has a huge amount of SP, I switched to Medical Scrub for better tanking since I almost never run out of SP. What is the armor you use for your Gene though if its not a secret? Just want to compare and see what are the options available.

I have a few videos tagged in my siggi for some damage comparison. Udyr has some as well too. 

Generally you'll need a shield for MVP-ing and a shield for mobbing. Times have changed now and you'll need a high def shield + RG shield to cast spell shield too.

As for armor, the best armor dmg wise will be abusive/flattery/flame dragon armor with dex enchants. As with all classes, you'll need to access the situation where offense/defense is needed, and what elemental armors are needed. My main armors are evil EDA and holy HTM.

Temporal Str outdamages Temporal Dex if both str/dex are at 120. Temporal Dex will however help with achieving instacast when you're able to wear Old Midas. The damage of an overupgraded Old Midas is way superior to a Cylinder.

Got sick of playing WL?

#733 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

I have a few videos tagged in my siggi for some damage comparison. Udyr has some as well too. 

Generally you'll need a shield for MVP-ing and a shield for mobbing. Times have changed now and you'll need a high def shield + RG shield to cast spell shield too.

As for armor, the best armor dmg wise will be abusive/flattery/flame dragon armor with dex enchants. As with all classes, you'll need to access the situation where offense/defense is needed, and what elemental armors are needed. My main armors are evil EDA and holy HTM.

Temporal Str outdamages Temporal Dex if both str/dex are at 120. Temporal Dex will however help with achieving instacast when you're able to wear Old Midas. The damage of an overupgraded Old Midas is way superior to a Cylinder.

Got sick of playing WL?

I see, thats nice. Thanks for telling me this, I will check your videos when I am back home from work and see what I need most to increase DPS for my CC. You are right that ideally you have shield for MVPing and mobbing, I use Immune Shield right now since I thought it would be good for both situations although, not an optimal choice. I wonder though, how useful is RG shield? I know its DEF scales with upgrade level, and it enables Shield Spell lv.1. Is the Shield Spell skill anything special? I never played RG so I dont know about this.

Yeah I figured that it is necessary to find a balance between offense and defense when it comes to armors, which was why I didnt use Flattery Robe DEX and instead opted for Medical Scrub. I know Yahoilun is looking for Flattery Robe DEX 6 and willing to pay at very high price, so I guess the DPS reward is worth the cost and trouble. For the shoes, umm, can I conclude that Temporal STR boots are better for CC while Temporal DEX boots are better for Acid Bomb? Or is Temporal STR boots superior in both circumstances? 

Well, I dont ever get sick of playing WL, my main is WL and always will be. Just I am well aware of the strength and weakness of WLs, while Genes can do some instances and fight MVPs that WL struggle against. Gotta figure out the most time-efficient way to farm items/cards, dont you think so bro?

:)

#734 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

you don't refine and default rg shield, rg shield is only there to let you use shield spell which can get you atk boost depends on "base def" of the shield (can try to swap to gaia/anemos for max bonus mid cast but it's hard for gene's fast cast XD).

Once you get the buff (should be 7mins+ if you pulled it off somehow) you can just switch back to your battle shields

#735 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

I see, thats nice. Thanks for telling me this, I will check your videos when I am back home from work and see what I need most to increase DPS for my CC. You are right that ideally you have shield for MVPing and mobbing, I use Immune Shield right now since I thought it would be good for both situations although, not an optimal choice. I wonder though, how useful is RG shield? I know its DEF scales with upgrade level, and it enables Shield Spell lv.1. Is the Shield Spell skill anything special? I never played RG so I dont know about this.

Yeah I figured that it is necessary to find a balance between offense and defense when it comes to armors, which was why I didnt use Flattery Robe DEX and instead opted for Medical Scrub. I know Yahoilun is looking for Flattery Robe DEX 6 and willing to pay at very high price, so I guess the DPS reward is worth the cost and trouble. For the shoes, umm, can I conclude that Temporal STR boots are better for CC while Temporal DEX boots are better for Acid Bomb? Or is Temporal STR boots superior in both circumstances? 

Well, I dont ever get sick of playing WL, my main is WL and always will be. Just I am well aware of the strength and weakness of WLs, while Genes can do some instances and fight MVPs that WL struggle against. Gotta figure out the most time-efficient way to farm items/cards, dont you think so bro?

As with any end game gears, people pay astronomical prices for marginal increases to their damage. A dex5 vs dex6 is minimal only in numbers, but a few folds in price. There's really no reason why you shouldn't to just wear say an unfrozen wind armor and kill a mvp 5 seconds slower.

RG shield when paired with Anemos/Gaia provides a buff of 150 bonus atk. This is quite something to add to your damage. My default shield is actually the RG shield, but the Assumptio proc can get really annoying at times.

Temporal STR boots will be superior in all situations damage wise, but Acid bomb has a 1sec fixed cast time which is reduced by Temp dex. Paired with old midas with ME5, acid bomb can be instacasted, which is why Temp DEX is preferred to bombing. It's best to just be prepared. I carry a couple boots myself for different situations.

#736 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

If you want to solo ET with gene u gotta be prepared to gear swap a lot and there is no such thing as best for all situations gear. U need multiple shields, boots armors, stat foods, slims a lot of slims, seeds, berries. We all posted videos of how to ET and instance on gene check our youtube or others. There are plenty of Gene MVP videos on forums. Also FDA is very close to Flattery dex5 in terms of damage and FDS costs prolly 1/4 of what a flattery dex costs. If you have elemental armors, that all you need to kill MVP. Other amors are just to make that task easier and its totally upto you if u want to invest and buy. Not everyone here spends billions to get perfect enchant flatteries when FDA can do DPS pretty close to it. I personally want a dex6 flattery but am not ready to invest 10b for it yet.

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 12 December 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#737 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

you don't refine and default rg shield, rg shield is only there to let you use shield spell which can get you atk boost depends on "base def" of the shield (can try to swap to gaia/anemos for max bonus mid cast but it's hard for gene's fast cast XD).

Once you get the buff (should be 7mins+ if you pulled it off somehow) you can just switch back to your battle shields

I see, so it only works for base DEF, wont scale with refine level and the reason to use it is for Shield Spell skill. Thanks for sharing this information, I assume the atk bonus this skill applies is the shield I am equipped with when casting finishes(cast bar ends)? Then I guess, need to be nimble at gear switching, I've done this pretty often with my WL just aint sure how fast I can do it, may need some practices to get there. Perhaps wearing a phen card to slow down cast will work, or do it when under slowcast debuff is a good idea too.

As with any end game gears, people pay astronomical prices for marginal increases to their damage. A dex5 vs dex6 is minimal only in numbers, but a few folds in price. There's really no reason why you shouldn't to just wear say an unfrozen wind armor and kill a mvp 5 seconds slower.

RG shield when paired with Anemos/Gaia provides a buff of 150 bonus atk. This is quite something to add to your damage. My default shield is actually the RG shield, but the Assumptio proc can get really annoying at times.

Temporal STR boots will be superior in all situations damage wise, but Acid bomb has a 1sec fixed cast time which is reduced by Temp dex. Paired with old midas with ME5, acid bomb can be instacasted, which is why Temp DEX is preferred to bombing. It's best to just be prepared. I carry a couple boots myself for different situations.

Yeah, it will be barely 3% difference in ranged attack, and you will notice even less than that if you are comparing to your damage since you most likely have ranged attack bonus from other gears. But oh well, ppls buy end-game gears for various reasons, I consider it is the desire for perfection. For my Gene a Dex 5 Flattery Robe is more than enough(if I even need at all), while for my WL I get INT 6 Flattery Robe since it is my main. ppls are more likely to invest and pay more for their main chars, thats what I can conclude from my personal experience.

About the RG shield, according to what Fyria mentioned above, you need to be quick at gear switching. I wonder though, has this ever been a problem for you, or you were able to do it easily? And may I also ask why Assumptio proc can get annoying for you?

Thx for the explanation of temporal STR/DEX boots choices. I know it is possible to instant-cast Acid Bomb with Temporal Dex and Old Midas ME5, hopefully the -0.5 sec FCT garment enchant will make its way to iRO soon so we can use Temporal STR boots in all situations.

If you want to solo ET with gene u gotta be prepared to gear swap a lot and there is no such thing as best for all situations gear. U need multiple shields, boots armors, stat foods, slims a lot of slims, seeds, berries. We all posted videos of how to ET and instance on gene check our youtube or others. There are plenty of Gene MVP videos on forums. Also FDA is very close to Flattery dex5 in terms of damage and FDS costs prolly 1/4 of what a flattery dex costs. If you have elemental armors, that all you need to kill MVP. Other amors are just to make that task easier and its totally upto you if u want to invest and buy. Not everyone here spends billions to get perfect enchant flatteries when FDA can do DPS pretty close to it. I personally want a dex6 flattery but am not ready to invest 10b for it yet.

I am prepared for gear switching, my main is WL so I am well aware of the importance of this and I do it strategically against different types of Mobs and MVPs. However, I dont like stats food so I will be using Old Midas for Acid Bomb only, while retaining Cylinder for Cart Cannon. My Gene is now only lv.155 and I have missed the mad bunny refine event for Old Midas, once I am lv.170+ I will not be able to make overupgraded Old Midas like I did with +14 Old Magic Stone Hat for my WL at least. It will be at best +10-11, so the damage may not be much better than Cylinder anyway. I have a +9 FDA of Ifrit already, I think I will use it for MVPing at this moment until I can make up my mind whether to go for Flattery Robe Dex 5. I saw Flattery Robe Dex 4 on ragi.al earlier today, seems to be a good cheap alternative though upgrading can be a pain considering Mad Bunny Refine Event is gone. I have watched the videos from you and Doomsquare, thx for the videos and you both are amazing Genes, hopefully I can be half as good at this soon.

:p_hi:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 13 December 2017 - 06:40 AM.

#738 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

Cylinder won’t help u with instacast after from floor 80.

#739 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Ya

#740 raymond0509

raymond0509

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Server:Dead

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

Does the Celine Ribbon + Celine Brooch combo that adds 50% magical damage work on Fire Expansion 5 Acid Bomb?

Also,  I've only seen stated that  the  Fire Expansion 5 Acid Bomb ignores Phy Def, how about M. Def?

Edited by raymond0509, 03 February 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#741 KyogereNew

KyogereNew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:35 PM

Need some gene pro opinion.
Between CC and AB, which one you guy the most during Mvp?
It is worth to get str 120 or instead get str 100 and then add luk for overall both CC and AB?

#742 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

I cc almost exclusively. In ET especially the only floor I bomb is Ifrit. I prefer the 120 str build w/ tengu set.

#743 KyogereNew

KyogereNew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

I cc almost exclusively. In ET especially the only floor I bomb is Ifrit. I prefer the 120 str build w/ 

since 120 str, do you use temporal dex boot or str? if str, if there any long after cast delay after cc?

#744 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

luk is brewing stat, 120 str if you have tengu and at this point you should get as many items that benefit from high str that you can, if you dont have tengu i think you're better with 120 int, it works well for me at least. If you want to spam CC group up with a maestro, its easy and cheap ;)

Edited by vividort, 09 February 2018 - 07:55 AM.

#745 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

since 120 str, do you use temporal dex boot or str? if str, if there any long after cast delay after cc?

Have both 120 STR and DEX and swap to Dex Boots whenever you AB

#746 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Keep in mind that if you go 120 str/dex you will have a harder time hitting instant cast with old midas

#747 KyogereNew

KyogereNew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Have both 120 STR and DEX and swap to Dex Boots whenever you AB

have to consider that

Keep in mind that if you go 120 str/dex you will have a harder time hitting instant cast with old midas

:sob:

yes, currently felt that with 120 str/dex

#748 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

in case seraphim will come, 120int-120dex will be better than 120str-120dex w/ tenguset? 

for CC 

#749 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

Yes

#750 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Anyone knows how much better Tengu Set is than Mob Scarf/Sunglasses, for a Gene with 120 STR?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users