O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion - Page 4 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

O mighty MvPs I will smite you with my hard, hard stick - Gene Weapon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#76 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

What I'm curious about is using a LotD helm. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18574/
Worth using an AK card over AS then? I'm thinking so.

This involves trading 10% ranged damage and 10% boss reduc (from AKH, which I default), or 15% ranged damage (from EMH/Sag), for 47% boss damage.

The byeolonum with 10% ranged enchants is comparable to a trip AS RTE, that is, 50% boss damage is about 20% ranged damage. So this would definitely do more damage if you want to be married to an LotD helm or make two +12 RTE's.

#77 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Lol I just learned about a headgear called Book Hat.
If I recall correctly it was an event quest that gave out these hats, but from what I remember they sucked, but how come its this:
+1 Int
At +9 gives +9% atk and +9% matk.
Wouldn't that be much better than EMH? lol since buwaya/bakonawa helps AB alot, I assume Book Hat gives alot than EMH then

#78 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Lol I just learned about a headgear called Book Hat.
If I recall correctly it was an event quest that gave out these hats, but from what I remember they sucked, but how come its this:
+1 Int
At +9 gives +9% atk and +9% matk.
Wouldn't that be much better than EMH? lol since buwaya/bakonawa helps AB alot, I assume Book Hat gives alot than EMH then

What server do you play on? I cant seem to find information regarding the book hat anywhere.

#79 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

He refers to this hat:

http://rune-nifelheim.com/item/5422/

The description is based on kRO, could be different for iRO, but still I didnt found it on the database of iRO wiki and I dont remember seeing it before on the server.

#80 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

It doesn't do that on iRO.

On iRO it's something uninteresting on Renewal, if it's available at all. On Classic, it can be overupgraded to give an int boost I think. But no +9%atk/matk.

With typical good gears, about 1/3rd of the damage is effected by +% atk effect, about 1/3rd by +% matk, and about 1/3rd by neither of them (status attack). So it would be a little better than EMH, but only a little. Oh, and buwaya is better for AB, the atk effected portion is a little smaller than the matk effected portion - and obviously, using elemental sword would make buwaya much better than bakonawa (cheaper too, I think).

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 January 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#81 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Lotd helm doesn't work with acid bomb, at least not the last time I tested my +11. Ticketed about it, got the normal 'we don't really care' response

Also, kblossom rwc pendant and ring are amazing

Edited by Rate, 09 January 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#82 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

The byeolonum with 10% ranged enchants is comparable to a trip AS RTE, that is, 50% boss damage is about 20% ranged damage. So this would definitely do more damage if you want to be married to an LotD helm or make two +12 RTE's.

Isn't Byeo 5% boss? and iRO wiki DB is just wrong?

#83 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Isn't Byeo 5% boss? and iRO wiki DB is just wrong?

It's 50%

Always has been.

And the desc and databases have always been wrong.

I tested this before I spent a fortune +12ing and enchanting mine. It's very definitely 50%, and the damage on MVPs bears this out.

Has anyone recently tested LotD hat with AB? Does the damned thing work at all?!

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 January 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#84 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

They should update the actual in game description that says 5%, iROwiki db lists the 50% it should be, I have tested LOTD recently, no effect whatsoever.

Edited by Havenn, 09 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#85 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

They should update the actual in game description that says 5%, iROwiki db lists the 50% it should be, I have tested LOTD recently, no effect whatsoever.

Disappointing, I'm glad I never stuck my AK cards in anything yet.

#86 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thats why i always say that EMH is the better headgear.

#87 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Lotd would be great if it worked.

#88 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

It doesn't do that on iRO.

On iRO it's something uninteresting on Renewal, if it's available at all. On Classic, it can be overupgraded to give an int boost I think. But no +9%atk/matk.

With typical good gears, about 1/3rd of the damage is effected by +% atk effect, about 1/3rd by +% matk, and about 1/3rd by neither of them (status attack). So it would be a little better than EMH, but only a little. Oh, and buwaya is better for AB, the atk effected portion is a little smaller than the matk effected portion - and obviously, using elemental sword would make buwaya much better than bakonawa (cheaper too, I think).

I saw the actual hat in iRO few days ago, the description had the +9%atk/matk, and he definetly said the +9% atk/matk works. Forgot his name, but I could ask him to prove it with screenshots.

Ahh and the bako/buwaya would change my choices again, lol. Always thought Bakonawa was better. Let's say I have a perfect team combo, where my gene will sit far away and won't be killed by MvP's.
Since buwaya is always slightly better than bakonawa in terms of AB damage, lets say i'll be equipping x2 of them.
So, which would win:
+12 Elemental Sword x3AS + 2 buwaya
+12 RTS x3AS x1EA7 + 2 buwaya?

Prob be hard to answer unless someone actually has all those right now to test. Anyone have buwayas by the way? I have bakonawa and just want to confirm the buwaya > bakonawa on AB damage.

Edited by michaeleeli, 09 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#89 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Well, if were splitting hairs- +12 ancient dagger ea4/4 2x buwaya

The dagger packs quiet the matk...at +12 - +180matk

These also aren't cheap to enchant, cost 8 A coins compared to 2 for byeo...so...ye

i've only tested a +9ea4/agi+3.....AB damage was okay....about as strong as my byeo on a non-boss

Curious about a well enchanted one..

#90 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

225k dmg with HF... really??? How can u do that? Pic Please!!!

You should see 250k bomb damage with +13 kvm when ur bombing demihumans.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 10 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#91 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

People should stop making "sums" of enchants. It works fine on expert archer but, the top enchant you can ever get in malangdo is EA6, and it's terribly hard to get.

EA7 is a joke, being actually 3/4 or 2/5

EA4+3 = 14% ranged damage. It's amazing because you give ranged boosts to weapons without them, like Byellonguns and Hurricane Furies, bringing them to play again, instead of all the "Elemental Sword x Twin Blade" thing.

Adding an extra Expert Archer to a twin blade will increase the damage in a good amount too. If you can implement a EA5 to any weapon, it's the same effect as a Archer Skel card.

I THINK when the enchanter for twin blades come, people could work to get the EA6, due to the fact it's only one enchant.

Edited by asayuu, 10 January 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#92 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

You should see 250k bomb damage with +13 kvm when ur bombing demihumans.

Glorious Rapier?

#93 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Glorious Rapier?

Morning Star

#94 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

oh damn that's sick, new wep for bio3 lol.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I did some more testing with my Byeo last night - for sure a 50% increase to boss type - even further to confirm

Posted Image Byeollungum [One Hand] Item ID# 1140 (Byeorrun_Gum)

Item Script
{ bonus2 bSubRace,RC_NonBoss,-10; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,50; bonus bAllStats,2; },{},{}

Ty Azzy xD

Edited by Havenn, 10 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#95 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Well, if were splitting hairs- +12 ancient dagger ea4/4 2x buwaya

The dagger packs quiet the matk...at +12 - +180matk

These also aren't cheap to enchant, cost 8 A coins compared to 2 for byeo...so...ye

i've only tested a +9ea4/agi+3.....AB damage was okay....about as strong as my byeo on a non-boss

Curious about a well enchanted one..

Hmm I'm only concerned about the future of the weapons, thus the RTS with EA7 enchant.
Let's say ancient dagger EA7x2 (+32% ranged lol) holy crap that IS better than elemental sword. But it'd prob cost around ~500m to put on the enchants? lol
Now. Future RTS with ASx2 EA7x2 (erasing one card slot) is (+52% ranged).
With buwaya, is ancient dagger better!? Doesn't seem so does it =O

#96 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hmm I'm only concerned about the future of the weapons, thus the RTS with EA7 enchant.
Let's say ancient dagger EA7x2 (+32% ranged lol) holy crap that IS better than elemental sword. But it'd prob cost around ~500m to put on the enchants? lol

Not to continuously pull hairs and make the public freak out.....but did you notice how the kRO update says you can enchant Thorn Staff of Darkness[1] and Red Twin Edge, Blue Twin Edge?

Maybe they forgot to add the slot number for the swords....maybe you get boned when trying to enchant it and loose all card slots?

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

Oh and BTW it was said in here previously, but there's no such thing as a single 'EA7'....

Edited by Havenn, 10 January 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#97 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Might aswell go balls deep and make it al EA7.

#98 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not to continuously pull hairs and make the public freak out.....but did you notice how the kRO update says you can enchant Thorn Staff of Darkness[1] and Red Twin Edge, Blue Twin Edge?

Maybe they forgot to add the slot number for the swords....maybe you get boned when trying to enchant it and loose all card slots?

Its common sense the malangdo enchants only allow you to put 2 enchants per weapon, and in case the weapon have 3 card slots you can sacrifice 1 to put the second enchant, so...

There is no EA7, EA6 is the max and you will get 44% ranged top, EA6x2+ ASx2

Edited by Cepo, 10 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#99 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Oh rofl my bad had no idea, though aqua's fury gave EA7.
Totally different story then.

Realistically getting EA5/EA5 with 500m? Maybe maybe not.

Okay, then ancient dagger is definetly out of the question.

Back to the same question,
Future ele sword x2 buwaya or
Future rts sword (ea5) x2 buwaya

#100 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Oh and BTW it was said in here previously, but there's no such thing as a single 'EA7'....

I hope iRO implement the twin edge enchants in a near future.
And btw, EA7 exists, I saw someone selling a +11 Bye with EA7 at eden, and he was showing his equip off, so ppl was able to see it lol. Forgot to take a SS but yeah, it exists. Don't ask me how much does it worth cause I don't really know but believe that making EA7 x2 on a weapon would cost a lot more than 500m, I'd say 1b-2b.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users