#1 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

The password change slowed them down for a day or two now there is novice and thief bots everywhere and lots of them...I can't even level a new character without getting ks'd christ this is annoying.

#2 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

If you're mobbing, you have to let the monsters hit you so the bot that has just walked on screen knows that its your monster.

#3 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

I'm a novice trying to get job levels at payon field killing spores with hundreds of bots and DB's around.

#4 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

I remember the last time when there was a small bot wipe and then just going to hodes. Just a ton of theif bots and they all belonged to the same person, and you could tell because ocassionaly the person would D/c and the bots would just stand there till the server realized they D/c. Also alot of the times there would be way more than two bots on the screen and then they would all log out simotanously.

Edited by TrueMaster, 09 October 2010 - 07:49 PM.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

If you're mobbing, you have to let the monsters hit you so the bot that has just walked on screen knows that its your monster.

That's actually not true for a good number of the bots out there. Hell, there's even a botted moving party at gators with a wiz that KSes EVERYTHING on screen. Doesn't matter if the gators are hitting you or not.

#6 Miyahira

Miyahira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

Bots can be programed to not give a flying anything about Ksing or not. obviously this is a problem on valk because there is no fear of getting kicked. And sadly the GM's don't care about you more then they don't care about the premmies. so yeah sorry man aint much you can do about it. If you want my opinion just get a bunch of people to start gripping. with enough people gripping turns into a problem that needs to be solved.

#7 Miaa

Miaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

Bots can be programed to not give a flying anything about Ksing or not. obviously this is a problem on valk because there is no fear of getting kicked. And sadly the GM's don't care about you more then they don't care about the premmies. so yeah sorry man aint much you can do about it. If you want my opinion just get a bunch of people to start gripping. with enough people gripping turns into a problem that needs to be solved.

+1

I reported a KS'ing wiz bot/sin team at goats last week sometime, and my case was 'investigated' apparently then the ticket closed, and low and behold, the wiz/sin are still there.

#8 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

I reported a KS'ing wiz bot/sin team at goats last week sometime, and my case was 'investigated' apparently then the ticket closed, and low and behold, the wiz/sin are still there.

I reported 3 separate bot parties a month ago, with 3 characters per party (monk/assassin, high wiz, priest) in the cave north of comodo. The case just closed and I bet they are all still there.

#9 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:07 AM

I'm a novice trying to get job levels at payon field killing spores with hundreds of bots and DB's around.

sounds like a valk problem. yaaawn :angry:

#10 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

Bots will never get handled. You either deal with em or move to premiums...that's really the only choice you have.

#11 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

The ones in payon got handled by the db's, ice wall and warp. I see what they were doing but alot of lowbies like to level on that map.

#12 isichan

isichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe Historical Sakray Museum

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

Bots and spammers are what Sheltering Bliss is really for ^^

#13 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Wouldn't be a thread about bots without this

Posted Image

#14 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

Wouldn't be a thread about bots without this

Posted Image

I was wondering why nobody posted this yet considering the thread title xD

#15 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

^ Yeah I was going to use it but no longer had it.

#16 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

Last time i went to goat,(3month ago) There is a Crit Bot SIn with a slave priest that was Botting in Goat map .. and when i went to Goat last weeks the same BOT Crit sin is now a "trans Bot" and are still Botting at GOat.. and was there also 3 hour ago.....

The Gm sure wasted my time repoting the Bot.

#17 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:53 AM

I'm really glad I made that picture now. It's too bad though that everyone is beating me to the punch for posting it. TTwTT

#18 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:44 AM

The Gm sure wasted my time repoting the Bot.

Whenever you complain on the forums about a specific bot, the GM's tell you that they hope you put in a ticket... I've put in dozens and they don't ever do anything, I always see the same bots everywhere.

#19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

Funny story..

The hacks that have caused us to Password change seem to all have been done by a gold selling site that we know from past experience pays money for account info. So if you shared, ever got keylogged or purchased power leveling service or purchased zeny you likely are a target.

Stealing the items/zeny from accounts they compromised to then sell to other players

They also run massive bot rings. So the bots you are reporting are related to the cause of the password change, which is hte cause of our complete backlog of tickets.

Email change/password recovery is more important than bot reports, as it has a more specific benefit to users. So if people didn't buy zeny, the bots would not be around and likely the account compromises wouldn't have taken place either.

Bot squashing is going to start happening after the flood of email changes is completed. I have a feeling they did the compromises because they ran out of zeny sources. That means more bots will likely be made in the upcoming months.

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

Funny story..

The hacks that have caused us to Password change seem to all have been done by a gold selling site that we know from past experience pays money for account info. So if you shared, ever got keylogged or purchased power leveling service or purchased zeny you likely are a target.

Stealing the items/zeny from accounts they compromised to then sell to other players

They also run massive bot rings. So the bots you are reporting are related to the cause of the password change, which is hte cause of our complete backlog of tickets.

Email change/password recovery is more important than bot reports, as it has a more specific benefit to users. So if people didn't buy zeny, the bots would not be around and likely the account compromises wouldn't have taken place either.

Bot squashing is going to start happening after the flood of email changes is completed. I have a feeling they did the compromises because they ran out of zeny sources. That means more bots will likely be made in the upcoming months.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

Edited by GuardianTK, 11 October 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#21 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

I guess I'll just keep taking oodles of screen captures then :lol:

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Also stop buying zeny you sad F***s. I like how at first everyone just thought it was "high profile players" getting hacked. It just turns out its the zeny buyers. Same thing these days I guess lol

#23 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Also stop buying zeny you sad F***s. I like how at first everyone just thought it was "high profile players" getting hacked. It just turns out its the zeny buyers. Same thing these days I guess lol

I bet the bots ran out of zeny income because of all the "warpportal points" selling. It's semi-legal I guess

#24 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

+1

I think that sin's name is bangOn or something like that. They have been there forever.

#25 Randfeon

Randfeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I believe that one of my funnest memories of this past week in which I started playing here was walking through the Sky Petite map and seeing Rogues with random strings of letters as their names absolutely everywhere.
Wow, that was a huge sentence.

By the way - didn't kRO recently implement some sort of captcha on login? Couldn't the same thing be tested here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users