12/7 7pm Friday Night Lights Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/7 7pm Friday Night Lights Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#51 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

And I know people here will buy without thinking (because they don't read the forums).

One could argue that many here routinely buy kafra shop stuff without thinking. I'm glad they do though, it subsidizes my low-spending play.

it will calm me a bit

Yeah? Well it'd get me all riled up! And I can rile up way harder than you can calm down!

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#52 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I mean its working as intended!

It is o_o? My hazy instance still gets cancelled on some of my characters and Hazy bugs out randomly after some maints for me. But I ticketed! So that's that..

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

We've just had an issue come up with our connection here at the office, we're investigating it and will update you guys if this causes the maintenance to be delayed into later tonight.

#54 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Is hazy bugging because of exploit abuse? (that's the story I heard in the past, that it worked, but people would use the exploit to bypass the cooldown until the instance got confused and stopped creating new instances - but this may not be true). If that's the cause, just disable reentry (and make the NPC warn players about that, of course). I think you could block reentry to the nyd instance, if the reason for the nyd instance's current bugged state is due to an unsuccessful attempt at preventing cooldown bypassing. A good team can do it fast enough that nobody should have to re-enter

#55 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

does 2x exp only for classic? Since heim noted that 100k facebook...

#56 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Is hazy bugging because of exploit abuse? (that's the story I heard in the past, that it worked, but people would use the exploit to bypass the cooldown until the instance got confused and stopped creating new instances - but this may not be true). If that's the cause, just disable reentry (and make the NPC warn players about that, of course). I think you could block reentry to the nyd instance, if the reason for the nyd instance's current bugged state is due to an unsuccessful attempt at preventing cooldown bypassing. A good team can do it fast enough that nobody should have to re-enter

It's good and bad idea for some reasons. This instance can causing deaths when you get overmobbed monsters in a small area... I think I don't want to waste many tokens for that. Nidhoggur at least only consumes few tokens (although I don't do it at iRO yet, I usually do this on idRO)

edit: forgot multi quote, blahhh...

Edited by Exvee, 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#57 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

It's good and bad idea for some reasons. This instance can causing deaths when you get overmobbed monsters in a small area... I think I don't want to waste many tokens for that. Nidhoggur at least only consumes few tokens (although I don't do it at iRO yet, I usually do this on idRO)

edit: forgot multi quote, blahhh...

You CAN'T do it on iRO!

You can only do it once, then you need to ticket in to GM to get the cooldown removed! That's the bug everyone's complaining about ;-)

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#58 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

lol, I know we can't re-enter nid, I mean in hazy there are more unexpected deaths from those mobs so we need more tokens if we disable re-entry. I personally against that...

#59 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

it's time to fix nidd!

#60 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Instead of just saying a "Fix".

It's better to say what's wrong with it & have you sent in a ticket? If so they will want the ticket number. If not you need to send in a ticket & then provide a ticket number.

it's a long existing problem. hazy instance gets bugged a few(if lucky) days after maintenance. it's almost guaranteed to be bugged so please fix it every maintenance.

#61 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Work on the maintenance is proceeding, but unlikely to make the 4pm originally scheduled. The connection issue at work has been resolved, looking at 6pm at the earliest.

#62 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Oda how long will maintenance be, the usualy 4 hours or around that long?

#63 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Probably the normal length of time.

#64 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

So we can expect Hazy to bug out every week? I did 1 run just fine 3 days ago, and now for the 4th time in a row, it gets auto-cancelled within a minute while I'm on the waiting list. Yet I see some people enter hazy just fine. What gives? Yes, I've sent in a ticket already, though its a persisting problem for others as well, so I don't really see the point in my ticket...

Edited by Xallista, 07 December 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#65 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yeah the hazy instance cancellation has been quite random. It works on some of my characters but not on other characters but sometimes it won't work on the characters that were able to start the instance on a different day. As for the bug abuse that Azzy mentioned, I don't even know what it is that bypasses cooldown so I don't think that's why I'm getting bugged x_x!

#66 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Just saw something really suspicious. While waiting for for hazy AGAIN for the 5th time, this guildless rogue mysteriously logs in at Hazy's entrance and behaved in a weird manner, constantly back-sliding to try and stack on top of me (and he only did backslide, never actually walked). When I was at a position he couldn't just backslide to, he logged on to his shadow chaser (they had similar names) used manhole to trap me in a spot, and proceeded to backslide onto me once again. I recall seeing random guildless people login in front of Hazy as well during some of my earlier Hazy entry attempts. Might this perhaps be the ones who are using some sort of exploit to get Hazy entries cancelled? The appearances of some of these are really weird, I remember seeing an 1st job merchant appear there as well.

And yes, my entry did get auto-cancelled while the rogue was backsliding around.

Edited by Xallista, 07 December 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#67 chicoaa

chicoaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Locationnear a tree...
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

can you select monsters that arent ranged for the mid ti... all the other tis usually dont have range monster but the MID TI always gets the ranged ones. to make it worse you guys are putting in 2 of them with the spawn being really high

#68 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

What the hell Oda! We're getting double exp and you're not telling us here?

#69 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Just saw something really suspicious. While waiting for for hazy AGAIN for the 5th time, this guildless rogue mysteriously logs in at Hazy's entrance and behaved in a weird manner, constantly back-sliding to try and stack on top of me (and he only did backslide, never actually walked). When I was at a position he couldn't just backslide to, he logged on to his shadow chaser (they had similar names) used manhole to trap me in a spot, and proceeded to backslide onto me once again. I recall seeing random guildless people login in front of Hazy as well during some of my earlier Hazy entry attempts. Might this perhaps be the ones who are using some sort of exploit to get Hazy entries cancelled? The appearances of some of these are really weird, I remember seeing an 1st job merchant appear there as well.

And yes, my entry did get auto-cancelled while the rogue was backsliding around.

Take screenshots and report. This is why the support ticket system exists.

#70 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Since when o_O?

#71 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Since when o_O?

Confirmed that the maintenance will be taking place at 7pm PST tonight, and will come along with a double exp event to say "thank you" for your patience, and getting us to 100k+ likes!

Taken from their FB page. :o

#72 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Since when o_O?

Since I went on Ragnarok page on facebook.

#73 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

They always do this.

#74 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

oh em gee.

too bad I never check their Facebook page v_v