#1 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

I'm considering the follow build for a MVP (ET mainly)/WoE sorc.

Skills:
http://irowiki.org/~...bskAhchadn1cHcY

Ug, its giving me problems, keeps loading a different skill build. Looks like it works now.

Gist of the build is basically:
1st job: Maxed Frost Diver, Maxed Safety Wall, Sight, 7 unused points.
2nd job: Fibre Lock, Maxed Water and Earth Endow, lvl 3 Magnetic Earth, Soul Exhale, lvl 3 Indulge, Blinding Mist, lvl 1 Cast Cancel, 1 unused points.
3rd job: Maxed Psychic Wave, Earth Grave, Diamond Dust, Killing Cloud, lvl 2 on all Summons, lvl 2 Spirit control, 12 unused points.

For stats I'm considering
110 int
110 dex
95 vit (+5 from job bonus = stun immunity)
73 luk (7 pdodge, 27 matk)

For first job, I'm considering maxing out Soul Strike and putting the remaining points into SP recovery, although I might switch out Frost Diver for Firewall instead.

For second and 3rd job, I'm considering to maxed Endows with 3rd job points, and then maxing out Varetyr Spear and Striking, which gives me a support buff for the physical attackers while boosting up Spear's damage.

An alternative that I am considering is to get lvl 2 of all insignias, which would allow me to tank most MVPs that only use 1 elemental type of spells (lvl 2 summon + lvl 2 spirit control = 100% resist, lvl 2 insignia = force endow of physical attacks into that element).

Last build I've considered was to get both Arrullo and Extreme Vacuum, and put the last 2 points into getting one of the insignias, or getting 2 of the summons to lvl 3.

Of course, I'm very much open to alternatives here, although I would prefer not changing the skills I've already listed in the build. Also, based on the suggested formula for Killing Cloud, at lvl 150 it does 300% x3 every second for 16 seconds, amounting to a total of 48hits or 14400% at lvl 5?

Edited by Xallista, 06 December 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

For MvPing please note the following:

Extreme Vacuum does not work in Endless Tower nor does Fiber Lock. Using Extreme Vacuum or Fiberlock on an MvP then attacking it will cause the MvP to use Teleport.
Killing Cloud is not as strong as Psychic Wave or any other physical attack. It is mostly used to Interrupt Cast, but since you cannot interrupt MvP Cast I would not recommend it.

I would recommend this skill build for MvPing

http://irowiki.org/~...FkAkDkndnhcjhcY

Your stats are perfectly fine, although; raising INT wouldn't hurt.

#3 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Well I'm kinda gunning for a hybrid for MVP and WoE, which is why I went for fiber and, dispel and ME. I'm looking at Killing Cloud as an additional DPS both for MVPs and precast, since I only need to recast it every 16 seconds, plus it being a nice interruption field in WoE I suppose.

For EVacuum, I'm looking at it as more of a crowd control move for PvM, especially for solo-mobbing. But again it is not part of the core skills that I'm planning, which was why I didn't list it in my build.

Stat-wise I might just take out that 73 luk and use the points to max out INT and push the rest into vit, since INT itself plays a pretty big role in the dmg of the sorc AOEs. Not too sure about that, however.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

In pvm most mobs teleport if you hit them in EV

#5 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I would think that its the same protocol as a Ranger's ankle snare and warg bite, so if the monster does not have the teleport skill, it won't be able to. I've seen a sorc use EV to trap pom spiders/tatachos in the 126-150 TI without issue.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

They all teleport if no one is tanking them in that TI, i did it a few times by accident lmao

#7 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Weird, didn't see them do that o_O. How good is it in WoE anyway?

#8 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Well it obviously is useless against chasers/gx/suras/mechs but everything else gets pretty destroyed by it especially paired with dragon breath spammers/arrow stormers/etc . I just spam dispel on anything stuck in vacuum

Edited by Viri, 07 December 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#9 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hmm, no opinions/advise on what to spend my unused skill points on? Without changing the ones I've currently added.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users