December 19, 2012 - Server Maintenance, 10:00 AM (-8 UTC) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 19, 2012 - Server Maintenance, 10:00 AM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#51 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

people mocked me when i asked how long....they say 4 hours and it means 4 hours + another give or take 8....i understand the stability thing but i mean it has been years of trying to "stabilize the servers" and all our other requests are "Luxuries" as Leo said when in reality they should be working on them when they aren't working on the servers. i mean no disrespect to the team but having the same excuse for years and years of extended down times is getting old, you guys should be pros at it about now.

#52 wolftrance

wolftrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

so the server is not gonna be on today?

#53 RoachCoach

RoachCoach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Guys, if a lot of things are broken, let them fix it. The worst thing they can do is bring the servers back online and nothing actually be fixed. I would prefer not to have the game up, then to be in the Q to go to war for hours at a time, give up and find out I went and was afk while I slept.

#54 Haytred

Haytred

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

You know, you hope against hope, but then someone shows you the dragon you have to fight with a toothpick and umbrella.

so is ROSE the umbrella and toothpick or the Dragon? lol

Edited by Haytred, 19 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#55 micie

micie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

im so excited to play GA :) :p_idea:

#56 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

The bugs and such are the dragons, the devs and gms are the toothpicks and umbrellas I think. :heh:

#57 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

there is no excuse for having the game down this much though.....i wouldn't mind if ya know the wars affected everyone but they don't there are people that play the game to vend/farm/ be social with others...i have been back for 3 days now and the game has been down for like 12 hours or better in the past 2 days alone that is pretty annoying, i understand the scheduled stuff but not the excessive amounts of downtimes, if you played back in the day you would know it has been the same excuse every time

Edited by Krenke, 19 December 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#58 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yay~ We love to have surprises about new contents (and GA is really a good one). But if the simple request like savelist for vendshop or offline vending is done, we will be more than happy than having new unknown buggy features. Also, I consider the requests about the vend features to be a significant addon rather than a luxury :3

#59 roselyfireburn

roselyfireburn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Server:DRACONIS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

this is kinda pathetic, I'm so bored waiting...

#60 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

hope to see a new mount like this SOON... :)

Posted Image

#61 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

people mocked me when i asked how long....they say 4 hours and it means 4 hours + another give or take 8....i understand the stability thing but i mean it has been years of trying to "stabilize the servers" and all our other requests are "Luxuries" as Leo said when in reality they should be working on them when they aren't working on the servers. i mean no disrespect to the team but having the same excuse for years and years of extended down times is getting old, you guys should be pros at it about now.

Please don't take my responses and twist them around without providing the context to which it was answered.

Every time I've noted the expected maintenance time, it has been an estimate based on our understanding of how long the process may take.

This maintenance, is to directly stop an occurrence of the servers from crashing at random periods. It involves our server logs and database and I'm pretty sure you don't want that to be damaged.

Now look, some ideas for game improvements are in fact, luxuries, because they make things convenient. Now, no where did I say we were not going to work on such features, but such features may not be as high an impact to game play that is more involved to larger parts of game play. Other issues are more primary for us to address, let's just say for example, a skill that makes a player invulnerable to being attacked. Such a mechanic was not an intended design. It also causes a great favoritism in a class. It also makes approaching certain aspects of PVP and PVM to be unfair and not by design. Soon everyone will want to make this class because of the obvious ability to be powerful in a way no other class has the ability to combat against or compete with. This is a game balancing issue, if not a bug to game play design. This is what we would not consider a luxury, to needing to work on as a development team.

If you really think of the notices to a maintenance and extension are excuses, then there's little I can say or do to show you otherwise. But when it comes to development, on a game that has hundreds of internal features that interact with one another and you modify how one aspect works and not expect something to change down the chain of what it interacts with, that's just silly. Of course things will change and with change, no matter how much we can try to anticipate it, there will always be the potential for something unforeseen to happen. Whether this is a good or bad event, is always yet to be seen, depending on what occurs.

Please believe me when I say, we are just as frustrated in the time this is taking as you are, but worse than that, if we do not complete this you can expect there to be more server restarts throughout the holiday period until it is able to be addressed. I don't know about you, but I would prefer to have a long single down time than unannounced constant and random down times.

#62 Ayyoroo

Ayyoroo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I keep checking this thread for Leonis' "Server's are up!" Still haven't seen those magical words :(

#63 polandkillall

polandkillall

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

What with what is problem

#64 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

What Leonis said.

Edited by NamirBarades, 19 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#65 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Since we're on the topic of things we'd love to have...arrangeable storage(without having to take it out into your inventory then put it back in) > preset shop

Just sayin!

because the ability to rearrange things without taking them out can save us the few zulies!

#66 Krenke

Krenke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

i know where you are coming from leo, however it would be nice to see changes to the game in all aspects not just wars and such not everyone does them so when a long downtime is due to that it doesn't effect half the player base. gets a little frustrating =/

#67 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

because the ability to rearrange things without taking them out can save us the few zulies!

I was going for the how much less I'd rage because my storage was pretty(OCD FTW).

#68 iPrysm

iPrysm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I feel sorry for the devs. Some of you people are so enslaved to ROSE and have absolutely no power of reason or understanding because of your addiction.

Why not turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone? Go play outside lol Let them work as long as they NEED and go out to eat with your family or something.

It just blows me away at how demanding and unthoughtful some people are. It's almost as if some are animalistic, without any kind interchange of understanding whatsoever.

They are working while many of you are still sleeping and working on this even after you get up and all you can say is "how dare you not have the servers up, it's your fault Leonis"

What's wrong with us?

Of course, I am powerless to help fix anything myself :P

Edited by iPrysm, 19 December 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#69 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I was going for the how much less I'd rage because my storage was pretty(OCD FTW).

might as well take away the time period for expansion storage because its gay to be able to take things out afterwards but not put it back

#70 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

i know where you are coming from leo, however it would be nice to see changes to the game in all aspects not just wars and such not everyone does them so when a long downtime is due to that it doesn't effect half the player base. gets a little frustrating =/

I know not everyone does them, but a large part of the community does and with that, there are kinks and quirks that need working out that we didn't anticipate.

We are just as attentive to dealing with non-war and non-PvP related issues when they arise, but things like storage sorting and vend shop saving is not exactly epic game changing content either. The problem with creating a feature like that, means that data needs to be stored somewhere. The follow up question to that is, where do we store the data? If we store it on your local computer, we sadly have to consider a major concern of data manipulation. So we will most times and often opt for server side data storage, which makes out logs that much larger week to week. And if we're having issues with logs as it is now, we are not ready to add to it. So now we need to visit the issue of, how can we improve how the logs are kept without losing the utility of our logs?

It leads in to a string of questions and a long list of work tasks which ultimately, as I've said, when viewed, is a luxury feature that can be put on the shelf, for the time being, to allow us to address more major issues.

-Edit-
I wanted to add, that the Game Arena system isn't just intended for PvP. As time goes on, we've talked about utilizing it for a large list of instanced game features that could be enjoyed, be it single player, party, group or group Vs group sized. There is a huge resource of content we're laying the ground work for with it. This is why it is so important to us that we get it working and working well.

#71 pimpthomy

pimpthomy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Location-

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I know not everyone does them, but a large part of the community does and with that, there are kinks and quirks that need working out that we didn't anticipate.

We are just as attentive to dealing with non-war and non-PvP related issues when they arise, but things like storage sorting and vend shop saving is not exactly epic game changing content either. The problem with creating a feature like that, means that data needs to be stored somewhere. The follow up question to that is, where do we store the data? If we store it on your local computer, we sadly have to consider a major concern of data manipulation. So we will most times and often opt for server side data storage, which makes out logs that much larger week to week. And if we're having issues with logs as it is now, we are not ready to add to it. So now we need to visit the issue of, how can we improve how the logs are kept without losing the utility of our logs?

It leads in to a string of questions and a long list of work tasks which ultimately, as I've said, when viewed, is a luxury feature that can be put on the shelf, for the time being, to allow us to address more major issues.

LEO, stop letting people distract you!, go go go fix fix fix. i gotta vend lmao :)

#72 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Speaking of bugs. Has anyone had it where their skills wont work? You can right click, double click, press F keys all you want, it does nothing. Can still attack, can still pickup and sit even through the skill menus, but attack/buff/heal skills wont work. Sometimes pressing alt or space or moving the windows works, but most times, I have to restart the game. That can be especially annoying with the startup screen taking so long, I thought the game had crashed first time I played.

#73 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Speaking of bugs. Has anyone had it where their skills wont work? You can right click, double click, press F keys all you want, it does nothing. Can still attack, can still pickup and sit even through the skill menus, but attack/buff/heal skills wont work. Sometimes pressing alt or space or moving the windows works, but most times, I have to restart the game. That can be especially annoying with the startup screen taking so long, I thought the game had crashed first time I played.

I have had this happen to me but it was always extremely rare. We've tried to catch it, but it isn't repeatable by a standard, which makes it hard to find out what's causing it. We've always asked anyone to provide their experience before it occurs to help us try and replicate it, but sadly to no success, yet. We are always hopeful so please continue to report anything, even if it's old or you've reported it before. The more we hear about it, the more we'll be aware that it happens and prioritize its impact and importance to giving it attention.

#74 Grownman

Grownman

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

New player here. I keep reading about "GA" and I don't see it listed in the "Game Jargon" thread. Could someone please explain what this well anticipated thing is?

#75 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

New player here. I keep reading about "GA" and I don't see it listed in the "Game Jargon" thread. Could someone please explain what this well anticipated thing is?

GA is referring to our Game Arena system. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users