Mergeday 12/19 Renewal maintenance - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Mergeday 12/19 Renewal maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#101 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

because bonus +100% exp was a temporary thing? it's always been +50% and even though +100% was nice, i wasn't expecting it to last forever. enriched leaving without notice was kind of a bummer though. i was expecting him to be there last night when i went to upgrade stuff and then saw he was gone :o

it's never said forever but they never say "it's leaving post-merge" that's what people mad about it...

#102 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

i thought the added vip bonuses were for ymir server due to its low population... now that ymir server doesnt exist neither would the bonuses... but i could be mistaken...

#103 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I think +50% is fair. Come on it's easy enough to level. -__-

Edited by Azyrk, 25 December 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#104 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

A lot of people aren't actually complaining that it's been reverted back to it's original rate, but rather to the lack of communication. I think it's fair to say that they could have given us a heads up about it. Not to mention it's been around long enough that some people probably believed it was actually the normal rate (didn't read the VIP info page?), or were buying it under the impression that the boosted rates would be staying a while longer.

Just a matter of courtesy, I think.

#105 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

because bonus +100% exp was a temporary thing? it's always been +50% and even though +100% was nice, i wasn't expecting it to last forever. enriched leaving without notice was kind of a bummer though. i was expecting him to be there last night when i went to upgrade stuff and then saw he was gone :o

Wtf enriched left? Talk about priorities..

#106 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I know it was temporary. My point was the fact that they just had a promo they ran to get people to join and/or extend VIP for 30 or 180 days this time & I didn't feel it was fair to get people to join and/or extend VIP memberships based on the EXP being one way & then immediately after changing it.

#107 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

People seriously gotta whine about ___ being so hard or ___ not being easy enough and GMs should serious stop giving into those whiny ass people. Games get boring because everything gets so easy and effortless. There's hardly a sense of accomplishment at all anymore.

And seriously it's not necessary to increase raccoon spawns. Just cuz it takes people some time to get a headgear...? Like if you're not making the hat in 1 hour, you're doing something wrong or hunting in a bad place. These kinds of making things effortless just makes things meaningless as well. In addition there are other headgears that need like 1k of a certain item to obtain. People just gotta deal with having to put a bit of effort in the game.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#108 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

wait are ppl seriously complaining about the change back to how it was before?

pvm is a joke these days since prerenewal when they first implemented al 3 / ice dungeon turn ins. i think there has been more 1.5-3x exp events since renewal came out then there has been in the previous 5-6 years of ro's existence. the time it takes you to make a 150/50 char is far faster than it was a 6 months ago, which was far faster than it was another 6 months prior to that. adding in the temporary 50% increase for vips even made this more of a joke (along with all the multiude of boxes/etc that gave 3x bms)

the main issue is that it was a temporary increase. it is now over. deal with it, bros

#109 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think the raccoon spawn is fine. People need to just find a better place instead of 90% searching on one map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users