Homunculus S questions - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#1 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

I couldn't get 100% sure answers to these questions yet, so let me ask them again here. And I thought this could be a topic for any other questions about the new Homunculi, so please try to stay on topic while replying here.

My questions, assumed I start with an evolved, lv99 Filir with maxed intimacy:

1. Assume I evolve Filir into Bayeri, I'll have a Bayeri with Filir skills, right?
And does that mean all new homunculi are going to have the animations of every skill from all previous homunculi?

2. I suspect every new homunculi are going to have different leveling curves, like the earlier ones had. Some get more agi at levelup, some get more str, etc. Am I right?

3. Assume I happen to decide I don't want to evolve my starting homunculus. Then I level it to lv150 Filir. Once reaching lv150, I evolve it to Bayeri (for example). Will I get a different Bayeri than what I would have gotten if I evolved it from lv99 Filir and THEN leveled it to lv150?

#2 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

@ question 1

Yes

Let me show you a screenshot of my filir gone Dieter

Posted Image

Yes when my Dieter casts moonlight the 'cutting' animation still exists, he just doesnt have the same 'sprite animation' the filir had. Do you notice my skill points from my previous evolution carried over? I wonder if they'll work or not! I gotta level him to find out.

@ question 2

This is unknown truthfully but on kROs site it did mention something about stats going on way or the other depending on the type of homunculus. We dont know truthfully if this is the case because all homunculus level up differently and distribute stats differently.

@ question 3

There is honestly no way to tell whether or not your Bayeri would have been any different whether you leveled it starting at 99 or got it at 150. In my very honest opinion your better off getting the Homunculus S as their stats/skills not only allow for better leveling in some cases, but if you look at jRO videos on YouTube they have Homunculus S with HP well over 35k. So its alright to assume the homunuculus S will have better over all stats and skills to level up with, compared to their inferior Evolved Homunculus.

I will say this; some stats and skills carried over from the previous evolution may or may not be helpful to your new Homunculus S. Take that into consideration when you think about which one you want.

Feel free to post more questions as im sure your not the only one who is curious about the new homumculus and all the changes.

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#3 recolector22

recolector22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Valky

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

what i want to know is which "S" is better to which gene
i mean the green one is another lif so is good to meele gene
I need a tank, my flir used to help me but nowdays is weaker because the patch

#4 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

How do I change it? The NPC keeps telling me my homunculus is out when it is vaporized.

Bad dialogue is bad. You NEED it out or it won't proceed.

Edit 2: Bayeri will eat FRESH PLANT not FRESH WAVE like the NPC/Website says.

You can buy fresh plant from the pet groomer in prontera.

Edit 3: If you bwing with it out, you will get disconnected (or maybe I'm just unlucky).

Edited by Snewt, 25 January 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#5 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Homunculus S Translation: READ THIS POST!!!!!!! This'll give you a pretty good idea of which one you want.
Spoiler

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#6 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

How do I change it? The NPC keeps telling me my homunculus is out when it is vaporized.

The NPC is a filthy liar. You actually have to have your homun out for it to work.

#7 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

I had this problem too. When you get to the room with the sign board and she tells you its not out, its because she requires it to be out to change it into a 'Strange Embryo'.

Simply bring it out and talk to that NPC again. Do not summon it once its in an embryo. Talk to her again to teleport back to the room with the NPC with the goat homunuclus. Speak with him and he will give you the option of changing it. Stable mutation costs 50,000z and you choose your homunculus and unstable costs nothing but you get a random Homunculus S.

someone on my guild forum said they're having problems getting their AI to work. I had the same issue, just type /hoai if you think your new homunuculus S isnt functioning right. Vaporize, Call and see if he does what hes suppose to do.

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#8 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

"6. Genetics will be given an option to pay zeny in order evolve their homunculus to a specific type. If the player does not pay the required amount of zeny, one of five types will be chosen at random."

How much zeny?

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Dieter is the best one imo. That 10% reduction and Ash status is really overpowered.

#10 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

"6. Genetics will be given an option to pay zeny in order evolve their homunculus to a specific type. If the player does not pay the required amount of zeny, one of five types will be chosen at random."

How much zeny?

Eh, 50k.

#11 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

How much zeny?

50,000z

#12 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

So i have awkward intimacy 99 evolved vanimilrth... can i evolve it into any S class homun? if so which one for wat reason? Does it also have to be loyal intimacy at 99 evolved for it to evolve again or can it stay at awkward

#13 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

It must be loyal first.

#14 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think its funny that just because some of us already knew homunculus S was coming (thanks to fansites) Gravity doesn't think its necessary to explain what they are. They've literally posted no information other than they are going live.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

So i have awkward intimacy 99 evolved vanimilrth... can i evolve it into any S class homun? if so which one for wat reason? Does it also have to be loyal intimacy at 99 evolved for it to evolve again or can it stay at awkward

Yes you can but you'll miss out on the Self Destruct skill you get for getting it to Loyal in Evolved Form. Also, Dieter is the best for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

#16 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yes you can but you'll miss out on the Self Destruct skill you get for getting it to Loyal in Evolved Form. Also, Dieter is the best for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

My vani already has self destruct lvl3 already and its not even loyal yet. I wonder why but it is evolved tho

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

My vani already has self destruct lvl3 already and its not even loyal yet. I wonder why but it is evolved tho

Ahh for real? When did you get that skill? When you evolved it? If it will save me countless of hours feeding it just to get that skill, I'll evolve mine asap.... XD

#18 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

btw my guildie confirmed that carried over skill points can be used on homunuculus S skills. So basically once you open a skill you can max it with left over skill points.

#19 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

where do you get the food? like buns? and snowflake things?

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

btw my guildie confirmed that carried over skill points can be used on homunuculus S skills. So basically once you open a skill you can max it with left over skill points.

Uh oh, those genetics with Level 102 Dieters are gonna be something to watch out for in WoE.

#21 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Food can be bought at Pet Breeder NPC in most big towns. all of the homun S foods are there.

Volcanic Ash will be a problem for people count on it

Edited by Cubical, 25 January 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#22 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the info guys :3 Derpicorn here I come~

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Can people playing with these post any interesting findings here or on the AI forum?

Thanks - I'm going to need help from the community, because (to my surprise) there was no chance to test Homun S in a controlled environment.

If it's true that you don't need loyal + evolved in order to change to homun S, I'll be able to begin work this week (both my homuns have been loyal evolved, and gotten the loyalty skill, but they used it, so are not loyal now).

If it needs to be loyal, I will likely be 100% dependent on using other people's accounts for the development work - both my homuns are shy, and I've been unable to produce a net gain in loyalty whenever I try to loyal them, because I get distracted.

Can anyone comment on whether it needs to be loyal to change to Homun S?

#24 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

think we can get a dungeon started to afk in?

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

think we can get a dungeon started to afk in?

We're gonna need one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users