Homunculus Loyalty - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus Loyalty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 GIGEO

GIGEO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Is there an easier way to get your homunculus to loyal? seems like it's taking forever....

#2 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

nope and it does your not imagining it....but they are so cute and we love them...but they are so cute and we love them...but they are so cute and we love them...

#3 Akamizu

Akamizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationIn your heart
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

nope and it does your not imagining it....but they are so cute and we love them...but they are so cute and we love them...but they are so cute and we love them...

but this creature isnt look cute at all... Posted Image
ahahahahas
Posted Image

#4 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

1. Wait until homunculus reaches 14 hunger
2. Feed twice
3. afk for 20 mins
4. goto 1

#5 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

should bring back resetter!! :p_laugh:

#6 GIGEO

GIGEO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

ugggh so you're telling me i have to do this till loyal... stone of sage.... and do it again?!

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Oh quit your whining, it's painful, but it's not terribly unreasonable considering how much time you're going to be AFKing with homun out anyway.

Just remember, while you don't get quite as much loyalty, you can feed it up until it's hunger is >75 safely - so you can feed it up to 76-85

Feeding 11 -> 81 is either 2 + 2*.75 + 3*.5 = 5 loyalty or 2+5*.75 = 5.75 loyalty (depending on who you believe on how loyalty when feeding between 50 and 75 is awarded - I thought it was the first option, but others have argued with me on this, and I don't use RCX, so maybe they're right and I'm wrong).

Feeding it only up past 25, an equivalent number of times would get 7 loyalty - but if in the course of trying to do that, you screw up and let it get down to 4 hunger, you've lost 2 loyalty to starvation and are getting only .5 loyalty for the 4->14 feeding - so you'd have been better off feeding it all the way to 75+ so you wouldn't screw up and let it starve. That's what I do, and now I actually don't lose loyalty when I afk level - I used to only feed to 25, and i'll be damned, but I could never seem to pull off a net loyalty gain, due to forgetting about it for long enough for it to start to starve.

Also note that if it's a Filir or Vani, you only need to get it loyal once - the loyalty skill for those is worthless, because it eats loyalty, so unless you're making an Eira (which you can farm loyalty on with overed boost), you're loyaling a homunculus all the way to loyal, just to get a skill that you'll use 2-3 times during the course of your RO career. For Amistr and Lif, of course, you need to go all the way, but then you're getting Bloodlust or Mental Charge, which sorta makes it worth it, you know?

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#8 shadowraa

shadowraa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

well he may be whining but i sure do feel his pain, it is a long process, ten hours that has to be spent for about a week? thats a bit of time, but meh idk. as for the vani snail D: ) that THING IS awesome! dont dis it.

#9 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

6 points an hour

911 points needed to be loyal

-_- thats a long time.

#10 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Am I the only one who doesnt AFK level my homu :o ^_^

On that note, Amistr's are challenging.

#11 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

idk i feel like since you have to loyal a homu so much now with s class here i feel like lowering the point to loyal to like 600 or 700 would be a bit less painful

#12 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Am I the only one who doesnt AFK level my homu :o ^_^

i dont afk level my homunc :p_laugh:

Edited by darkdito1884, 06 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#13 GIGEO

GIGEO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

regardless that is 151 straight hours to get 911 points of loyalty i don't afk level my homunculus cuz i have other things to do in the game. so considering i have to do this twice is 302 hours... i think it's pretty reasonable griping

#14 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

no point of rushing to loyal if ur homu is low lvl. so if ur feeding it, afk at a place so the homu can get some lvls. i rather have Lvl 90+ with loyal then lvl 40ish with loyal (if ur not talking about afk lvling) then once u get 90+ with loyal u can afk lvl, with loyal 911 / 18 (lose pre hour) thats over 50+ hours of afking. at this point ur homu would lvl up a lot faster.

#15 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I think the main issue is that the pace of loyalty was never really scaled to match the pace of xp gain under renewal. While it should take a some time an effort to gain the required loyalty for evolution, and then again for the final 'loyal' skill, it's a little out of balance.

The problem with this is, if you start as a brand new alchie, 99/50, rebirth, 99/70, change to genetic - leveling at a normal renewal pace - your homunc will be evolved and level 99, but still a long way off having the required loyalty for the last 'skill'. In fact, your Gen will probably hit 150/50 before your homunc has the required loyalty for the final skill. This is a little frustrating as it means the Gen and the Homunc can never really 'level together' (as you do at lower levels).

An evolved homunc becomes Loyal at 911/1000. If the loyalty required for the evolved skill was 450-500 it would be a little more sensible. It would 'scale' better with the level of the owner, so perhaps the Homunc could become loyal again about the time a creator turns 99/70 (or not long after changing to Geneticist).

Edited by lainee, 08 April 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#16 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

getting 450/500 to get loyal would mean itll take about 75 hours of feeding and only 25 hours of afking. this would suck balls if u afk for 1 day and have to feed for 75 hours just to go afk again -=D

i would like loyal to increase tbh. 3K feed would be nice. feed up as much as u can then once 2x exp comes, u can just afk for a week. -=D

#17 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm in this boat of wondering what is going on with my Homun's loyalty right now because it feels like it's been at Neutral forever. It wouldn't be that bad if we could at least see what the loyalty number is without needing to use something like RCX (can RCX even see that?) because at least that way we can see that we're making some shred of progress.

#18 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

RCX is prolly the best way.

this is not mines or anything, found it on google or nor use it but yes RCX shows it.

Posted Image

Rel: 111/1000 <- feed

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

RCX is officially outlawed by Gravity just FYI.

#20 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

RCX is officially outlawed by Gravity just FYI.

Now is that the same official stance that Gravity has always taken in regards to 3rd party programs, or is this a full reversal of the previous "yea it's a third party program but we're not going to bust you over it" stance the GM team previous had with this program?

#21 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

RCX = Don't ask, Don't tell

:ho:

Edited by lainee, 08 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Now is that the same official stance that Gravity has always taken in regards to 3rd party programs, or is this a full reversal of the previous "yea it's a third party program but we're not going to bust you over it" stance the GM team previous had with this program?

No RCX means no RCX

Alternatively, me and a few others are developing some of the features that are in RCX and also kRO Sakray has started implementing some of them as well.

Edited by Inubashiri, 08 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#23 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Ok, well back to the original topic:

Unfortunately, Homunculus loyalty is one of the systems that carried over from the old grinding days of the game and hasn't changed. Figure it this way - when first summoned, a Homunculus starts out at 11/1000 loyalty. So, math time!

We know that one feeding is equal to 10 minutes, and that we need 900 feedings to get from 11/1000 (Awkward) to 911/1000 (Loyal). So we multiply the number of feedings by the number of minutes per feeding to figure out the time investment required to get a homunculus to loyal.

900 * 10 = 9,000 minutes

Now, let's convert to a more comprehensible figure (hours, days) to better wrap our minds around this investment:

9,000 / 60 = 150 hours
150 / 24 = 6.25 days

So, there you have it. 150 hours, or almost an entire week of straight playing time in order to get a loyal homunculus.

And here I'm somewhere in the middle of Neutral. Rough guess I still have somewhere around 60 hours to go. FMMFL.

Edited by FatherBob, 08 April 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#24 sheilapusheen

sheilapusheen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

*BUMP* I'm leaving this here:

# of feeds needed if you do the 7/hour feeding or 5.75pt/hour

Awkward to Shy = 110 feeds
Shy to Neutral = 182 feeds
Neutral to Cordial = 608 feeds
Cordial to Loyal = 194 feeds