89 replies to this topic

#51 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ah I see, well I'll try that next time.
Ah yeah that makes sense, and well on my old main I had lots of people ignored aswell, I can't deny it's amazing how many people use those bots to spam and not get caught, oh well I guess that's what ignore lists are for, and I guess if you ban all the spammers the population would decrease by 50% lmao

#52 seafire

seafire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkei
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

i agree with the rules and talkings mostly..but i still insist on the life-time bans are unnecessary on the first offense..and we all know that there are some small kids also playing this game..it is sure that they just play and they dont read Terms of Service..and who reads Terms of Service always even in bank policies..

and i think crow92 is right..GM's can use a warning pop-up in game like event ones..so all can see those warnings clearly and there will be no discussions about rules in the end..

#53 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

*Agrees with Seafire* You do have to be harsh to prevent it from being done again, but you can be too harsh aswell. A life-time ban is too much. just see how annoying it is when you're doing really good on Rose and you get a 1 or 2 week ban. I guarantee they will think twice before using bots again.

#54 GLeNCiuZ

GLeNCiuZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Whole rose used bots, if GM's didn't see that then they robots and no human Oo bot = ban
I agree with give a warning before ban permanently, cause many roserians are banned now while they spend a lot of money on their accounts (IM)
The only things we see, are the changes ingame that people make spend more money. So if they can find solutions to keep getting money,
it wont be difficult to fix an ingame warning(anouncement) to get banned by using bot programs.

I think it's better to create a character (max lvl 10) and auto shoot in junon for selling zulies, cause those are the one that never been banned by do something that is not allowed. (terms and conditions)

anyway, i will give it few days to see what goiing to happen but i think i will quit rose...

rgds nixi

#55 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

iwe all know that there are some small kids also playing this game..

Young is not an excuse... I am sure they will have learned their lesson if this happened to them... cheat and you risk losing everything...

Look at it this way... technically they are not banned... just create a new account and start over... and don't cheat this time... it isn't like there was anything wasted since there was cheating involved... might as well actually earn things the right way next time...

#56 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Young isn't an excuse at all. I started first playing MMORPG's when I was eight and I already knew such things would be an offense to the rules.

#57 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

People being young is not the point, People not wanting to read the Terms and Conditions. admit it none of you actually read the whole thing, if one person did good for you but 99% of the people didn't read it so you just can't know all the rules it's as simple as that. Please don't act like you're never done anything wrong either. I bet most of the people saying the life-time ban was fair used bots themselves. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me but to each his own right.
I for one think it's bad behavior, if you ask me those people are worse than the ones actually using the bot, knowingly or not.

#58 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

You don't have to have read the terms and conditions. I didn't either, really. It's just the morals of people nowadays that are wrong, if you can even believe abusing something (like botting) isn't an offense, then there's clearly something wrong with the persons thoughts.
I never used a bot and I never will, unless they clearly state you can.
I also think that people don't get it with JUST warning or a two week ban. Warning a bully not to bully others never works. Warning a thief not to steal never works. It's when real punishment (just two weeks not being able to play only one character, while you could have more than one and just leave one aside, is not a punishment to me) gets involved, that people know they are really wrong.

Edited by jerremy, 08 May 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#59 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

no no you got it wrong, don't ban just that character, ban the whole account for 2 weeks. ofcourse the person using bots wouldn't care if it was just one character he or she is not being able to play. but that's not the point, it's being too harsh on a first offense. we gotten way off point here. I can understand if a person swears alot or is unfriendly to gm's in game or whatever, and then gets caught using a bot too, that a long time ban would be appropriate. but for someone who never does anything wrong, does everything by the rules, and then uses a bot once, I repeat, only once, get's a life-time ban, it's too much man. one more thing, I don't think it's right to compare this to bullies or actual criminals but since you did I'll tell you something. someone who steals for the first time, gets a less severe punishment that someone who stole his entire life. so I repeat, a first time offender shouldn't get such a harsh ''punishment''

#60 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

no no you got it wrong, don't ban just that character, ban the whole account for 2 weeks. ofcourse the person using bots wouldn't care if it was just one character he or she is not being able to play. but that's not the point, it's being too harsh on a first offense. we gotten way off point here. I can understand if a person swears alot or is unfriendly to gm's in game or whatever, and then gets caught using a bot too, that a long time ban would be appropriate. but for someone who never does anything wrong, does everything by the rules, and then uses a bot once, I repeat, only once, get's a life-time ban, it's too much man. one more thing, I don't think it's right to compare this to bullies or actual criminals but since you did I'll tell you something. someone who steals for the first time, gets a less severe punishment that someone who stole his entire life. so I repeat, a first time offender shouldn't get such a harsh ''punishment''

No no NO, you have it all wrong. Perhaps you have been banned before for botting? And you sill are really pissed about it?

#61 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Lol nice try but I have never used a bot, I have never even had a warning on Rose. =D
You are really bad at this sir! ;o

#62 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

And btw, about the ''me being wrong thing'' I have a suggestion. Instead of just saying I'm wrong,
Why don't you try proving me wrong, then we'll talk. ;)
Because it's starting to be a yes/no contest and that won't work lol.

#63 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

if you ban all the spammers the population would decrease by 50% lmao

Quality over Quantity?

and Crow over 90% of your total posts are in this very thread, its gonna make people think that you just created a forum account to justify your self when you really dont have to :)

I'm still agreeing with what others are saying about being banned, but I also agree that there should be an in game announcement stating "Using 3rd party programs is an offence [insert smart text here]" as new players seem to be joining everyday.

Take for example:
  • New player joins ( skips through T&C's )
  • Levels up to 150 in about 3 days or so
  • Gets to that "wall" of exp ( about 80 odd million for 1 level )
  • decides to start asking questions about "is there any faster way to level"
  • learns about botting
Now, this example has probably been an actual realistic occurence in game, however, I think imo, rather than looking too deep into the fact people are using bots, the thing to do is take it right back to root and say "whats actually the reason people are using bots", in finding the reason, you'll also find a solution.

With in game announcement, this could be narrowed down, but would only be a deterance, not an actual "stopper" so to say:
  • New player joins ( Skips through T&C's )
  • Levels up to 150 in about 3 days or so ( whilst also being constantly reminded of 3rd party programme abuse ect )
  • Gets to that "wall" of exp
  • Decides to start asking about faster levelling ( is told about bots, however player is also aware of the ban which would follow, at the same time, and would not possibly want a ban on his / her new account )
  • Player doesn't bot, levels normally like all the rest.
The only "stopper" that would possibly stop botters from using bots, would be to look at why most of them use it.

2 of the main are:
Lazyness
Low Exp gain

#64 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

You Cheat you get banned!!

I am sick of going to level and i can't because there's bots taking the areas. Its annoying esp in ruins and prison. Whats the point in playing a game, if you aint actually playing?? Hmm i can't work this out 2bh.

If you join a game to play, why not play like the rest of us. & Yeah without party it's hard, but there are so many nice people on rose that will glady party up with you, and help you level.

There is no excuse. Perm ban i agree with. Why should the rest of us suffer because your to lazy to click a few keys.
If you don't wanna do the work, don't play!...........

Regards MoMoBuff xD

Edited by Nickib, 08 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#65 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'll tell you something 100% of my posts have been in this one and the other one which was exactly like this one and what of it ? ;p
I used to play 2 years ago and ofcourse had a Forum account with it, but since I quit that account and quit the game for 2 years I don't think I should use that one anymore. I started playing again a few weeks ago so made a new forum account, 2 days later this thread showed up and I totally agree with the one who made it. so what's your point ? ;p

#66 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

I agree on the ban but not life-time, especially if it's a first time offense. atleast give 1 warning if not 2. you get a warning for every other offense so why not botting. everyone is entitled to a 2nd chance, but if you screw up ur 2nd chance I'd say give the life time ban..

#67 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

If you read the rest of the posts the point is there is it not?? O.o

Botting should be banned...

Why join a game to not play? Let ur keyboard do the work. Thats not playing a game is it?

#68 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Na.. because if they do that, you can bot ur way to 220 then get caught then have ur account back even tho you did no work?

Sorry but thats bull-_-!!.. You don't know its there 1st offence.

Thats like a slap on the wrist oh go do again, this time don't get caught wtf na seriously.

Like i said i will stand by my point!! Why join a game if your not actually playing makes no sense at all.

#69 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

my post was directed to IchigoXitachi but nice if you to respond aswell. ;p
and if you read my post I agree that people who use bots should be banned, but not for life if it's a first offense.
are you guys seriously hating on people who bot ? I am willing to bet that most of you guys hating on people who bot, use or have used bots urself.

#70 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I rarely have the fine opportunity to have the need to Quote myself, however....

its gonna make people think that you just created a forum account to justify your self when you really dont have to :)

I'm not trying to be a -_- about anything o.o just making you aware

As it is atm, anyone who agrees with a non perm ban is being labbeled as either a "pre" bot user / being banned for botting...Ofc I dont agree with this as everone is entitiled to their own opinions, but its just the views of others :)

And no i dont bot, why would I even agree to a Perm ban for 1st time offenders of bot abuse if I was a botter my self? No logic in that

*Editted*

Edited by Zurn, 08 May 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#71 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

well if you don't get caught ur either doing a damn good job, or gm's aren't paying much attention, or no one snitches on the person who uses bot. ;p
I do agree with you though it's something that people shouldn't do, but on the other hand we all know how hard it can be to lvl multiple chars up to 220.

#72 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

I know you weren't trying to be a-_-, I was just confirming what everyone thinks, I did make this forum account around the time this thread started, I just didn't start it FOR this thread. xD

And yes there is logic in that actually, stay with me here:
By agreeing with a perm ban for botters people are gonna think you're not a bot, which would be convenient if you were a bot ?
Not saying you are, just putting a theory out there. ^^

#73 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Nope i actually hate bots.

Ichigo is my husband.
We both feel the same way about this, i personally go round helping all the newbies buffing them in junon ect and kenji to help them level with my clerics buffs.

If i see people working hard to get there char higher level i help.
I have actually stopped leveling my char whos 201 to help people.

I understand from the GM'S point as i owned my own private server and came this one after closing mine.
Our rules were the same, if you bot ur banned. But we had it as announcements in our game saying if you use 3rd party programs its auto ban.

I don't see why people should play a game and not play.

To ur answer yes i hate botters its pointless and makes it hard for people who grined and work very hard. Its taken me 2 3 weeks to get to 201 and i enjoyed leveling, i met some lovely people who i leveled with from low level and carried on leveling with them in party. They are now members of my clan.

#74 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

How can we bot if were saying perm ban them Lol seriously.....

That is just stupid comment in my opinion.

#75 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

What happened to the good ol' days of having 1 character who was maxxed, had awesome gear, pwned lots in TG, won many CvC's / PvP's and was pretty much "your" avatar, now its all about:

Create a Character
Create another Character
Create yet another Character

Avatars have lost there sense of meaning, an avatar is supposed to be a representation of 1 person / being :)

And if your struggling leveling multiple characters....Do 1 at a time, where's the rush, there isnt a "life expectancy" of rose ( afaik ), its not past its sell by date like a loaf of bread waiting to be discarded at the 1st chance of mould being sighted, if its too hard, lvl 1 at a time instead of rushing down the super ROSE highway at 200mph lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users