mistakids

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThessaloniki/Greece/Drama/Athens
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draco..

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

Dont change nothing to scouts..Its good class with that they have..

#27 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Rose is actually the first game i play, where scout doens't have an aoe.

Just because another game has something, doesn't neccesarily mean if fits with this game. That's not to say I disagree with the opinion that scouts should have an aoe, I actually think they should. Not the ridiculous suggestion of an aoe poison which would be way overpowered in my opinion.

Lol @ the guy who said scouts were OP, you must be playing on a private server or something. A defense down skill or a 5-10seconds AP boost would be nice. Doesn't every class have 2+stuns & each stun on 1st/2nd class have different cooldown, just saying.

The chance of success coupled with the range of the scout's stun makes it very valuable.

Scouts have a number of advantages at their disposal, and certainly don't need powering up. I think you're the one playing a private server, other jobs need far more attention right now - raiders and scouts are top dogs at the moment, anybody playing can see this.

#28 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Just because another game has something, doesn't neccesarily mean if fits with this game. That's not to say I disagree with the opinion that scouts should have an aoe, I actually think they should. Not the ridiculous suggestion of an aoe poison which would be way overpowered in my opinion.

The chance of success coupled with the range of the scout's stun makes it very valuable.

Scouts have a number of advantages at their disposal, and certainly don't need powering up. I think you're the one playing a private server, other jobs need far more attention right now - raiders and scouts are top dogs at the moment, anybody playing can see this.

Sometimes taking ideas from other succesful games, helps game's like this in need of desperate changes and actual updates that come from the community, & Apparently you're not playing on NAROSE, because the top classes right now are Bourgs/Artisans, WHY? Because range is key in Game arena. Scouts are pretty decent, most balanced class out there by far, i agree there's classes that need much more attention. But remember a update considering Skill balancing/Class modifications. Does not refer to one class being updated. I've played scout way before orlo came out, way before GA. Scouts might look useful in Game Arena since no one's really buffing up correctly. But step out, where people have goulash+red pots it's nearly impossible to kill a person with decent defense. While every other class can.

#29 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Judging classes from the GA's scoreboards is a huge mistake...

If Simo can do it, it's the easiest class in the world. They're op, needs nerf.

Edited by Svenatenine, 01 July 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#30 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Scouts might look useful in Game Arena since no one's really buffing up correctly. But step out, where people have goulash+red pots it's nearly impossible to kill a person with decent defense. While every other class can.

This is the same problem for knights, for clerics (in almost all situations), for mages whom granted, can often kill a champ or a knight, but not much else with such terrible accuracy and a lack of a passive in that respect. It's true that scouts don't have huge killing power, they serve a primarily different role - kiting, that is interupting etc. As someone who respects other games, you must understand that nearly all of them have a class that is not devoted to killing, but devoted to a similar task (usually debuffing but kiting works).

Scouts have an incredible tanking capability if built correctly, the ability to remove debuffs almost instantly is key to this. If they gave scouts any more killing power, scouts would be unbelievably overpowered with their range, tanking and then being able to deal similar damage to other jobs.

I disagree with the statement that they may look useful in the game arena but they're not outside, have a war with equal sides but a decent scout on one, and you can see why they make all the difference.

#31 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Scouts/rangers/Snipers whatever you want to call it, whole purpose is to be able to kill from distance. If they cannot kill from distance what so ever, what's the point? Are we suppose to be Knights # 2? mind you with the buffsets and all the new gear, it's possible to even get more accuracy than a raider has dodge. A scout cannot kill any class with defense with potions. A mage can actually kill, just takes the right build and gears. Even with the right build and gears on a scout it's not possible.

a AP boost is needed, no matter what anyone says. If you play scout, you would understand how useless it is when it comes to wars. Scouts seem good to people cause of Game Arena, but trust me it's a hell of a different story otherwise.

As many games as i've tried, it does not depend on the class it depends on the player/gear/build.But in this case it's on the game's class power distribution. Cleric isn't meant to kill it's meant to support as a medic, Knights are to protect his members with his defense, Raiders to kill quietly while also being able to get killed easily with a wrong step, Bourgs/Scouts = Gunners, the rangers who make it hard for people to cross the frontline ( Meaning able to Kill ). But also being vulnerable close range.Artisans = Money Makers,traders,dealers. Not dealers & one of the most powerful offensive classes, Has more power than a Gun Bourg whos suppose to be stronger. Reason why they let you choose between Bourg & Artisan. And give you the description on each. I don't even have to mention mages, because they're so underpowered. Yet are supposed to be one of the most powerful classes. I just mentioned each classes role in general, any game. And how it used to be. They're areoffense, not defense, and if we can't kill then we have a problem. Not saying we should get SUPER AP BOOST, just a better offense abilities.

Edited by iBryan, 01 July 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#32 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

Scouts/rangers/Snipers whatever you want to call it, whole purpose is to be able to kill from distance.

That is neccesarily wrong, and you have stook in 'snipers' to try and create that impression, they do not have to be a kill from a distance job at all, they do a great job at kiting.

If they cannot kill from distance what so ever, what's the point?

Currently a lot of people are switching to scout, 4 people in my clan are, purely because of their impressive kiting abilities - I don't need to keep repeating this do I?

Are we suppose to be Knights # 2? mind you with the buffsets and all the new gear, it's possible to even get more accuracy than a raider has dodge. A scout cannot kill any class with defense with potions. A mage can actually kill, just takes the right build and gears. Even with the right build and gears on a scout it's not possible.

I wholeheartedly disagree about mages, they can kill knights and champs - anything with dodge and they have serious, serious problems. As I said, this is due to their insane lack of accuracy.

a AP boost is needed, no matter what anyone says. If you play scout, you would understand how useless it is when it comes to wars. Scouts seem good to people cause of Game Arena, but trust me it's a hell of a different story otherwise.

I could just as easily say 'scout does not need AP boost, no matter what anyone says' and it would have just as much meaning. Like I said, the GA point is moot, I think scouts are good soleley because of my experience fighting with/against them in wars.

Red text

This wholely comes down to a disagreement about what a scout is. While I agree with you that a scout could be a 'kill from a distance' job, it doesn't have to be that way by any stretch of the imagination - in fact trying to fence them into this role is boring and reduces diversity. I like it when new roles arise for a job. You said clerics have to be support, why? At a time they could kill people, and that makes things interesting.

Scouts are good at kiting right now, a very useful tool for war.

You ask if they are knights#2, if you really want scouts to have more killing power, they would *have* to have a reduction in their tanking ability, because as I previously said, the combination of their tanking, speed and range coupled with a boost to their AP would make them insanely overpowered.

#33 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Scout is the only range class right now that can pretty much lock a target from a distance with m-spd down (Don't even mention bourgs/x-bow knight since we all know their damage doesn't really do that much on 1 on 1)

#34 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

i love scouts

#35 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Scouts need more of 1 thing from the following.

AP
sub-stat passives.
debuffs.

and in return should give up some defense.

They should be squishy as all hell, like a classic RPG mage.

The unfortunate point made by "FormerlyEternal"

"This wholly comes down to a disagreement about what a scout is...."
Scouts are predefined by their skill variance. The skills are weak, only have 1 major debuff, and no AoE. and there's only 1 way to skill build a scout. Theres like 6-7 ways to skill build a champ...

Anyway. I'm waiting for the re balance.
And btw the Poison AoE wouldn't cause instant damage, just adds a poison effect to an area.

#36 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

You ask if they are knights#2, if you really want scouts to have more killing power, they would *have* to have a reduction in their tanking ability, because as I previously said, the combination of their tanking, speed and range coupled with a boost to their AP would make them insanely overpowered.

I believe scouts and raiders have the same "tanking ability"... why reduce it more? ._.

#37 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hawkers can advance to Scouts by focusing on their archery skills. Scouts can use Long Bow class weapons to do fast and accurate attacks, thats what it says in the rose online website. Wheres our Fast and Accurate attacks? Others Classes got even more acc and attack speed than us....

#38 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Scouts need more of 1 thing from the following.

AP
sub-stat passives.
debuffs.

and in return should give up some defense.

I agree to this.

I believe scouts and raiders have the same "tanking ability"... why reduce it more? ._.

Teus. There's a diff between a raider that has to go in a crowd and kill everyone in a distance and a scout killing opponents 1 by 1 in a range. Now don't get me wrong. Cause this discussion might turn into an argument (Like what happened to that class balancing thread which that other "person" turned it into a drama). Scouts do need "some sort" of boost but they have to sacrifice some tanking ability in return.

#39 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

You're just wrong on this point, John.

Idk how many people know how to make a tank-scout, so I don't want to go publishing the information so we can have more scouts running around kiting and being almost unkillable.

#40 pimpthomy

pimpthomy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Location-

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

skill spam ftw,

#41 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

You're just wrong on this point, John.

Idk how many people know how to make a tank-scout, so I don't want to go publishing the information so we can have more scouts running around kiting and being almost unkillable.

wth.... how do people know my name ._. and yes i know what you are talking about, but that is like the only thing that let us be kept alive from all other classes .-.

#42 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

The unfortunate point made by "FormerlyEternal"

"This wholly comes down to a disagreement about what a scout is...."
Scouts are predefined by their skill variance. The skills are weak, only have 1 major debuff, and no AoE. and there's only 1 way to skill build a scout. Theres like 6-7 ways to skill build a champ...

This isn't the point I was making with that statement and is a different conversation, the point was about the different ideas of what a scout should be, for instance a 'sniper' vs a 'kiter'.

While it's true that there are limitations to scouts with respect to skill variance, the other things you have listed are currently acceptable trade-offs for the positives of a scout, some of which are listed in my previous post.

Anyway. I'm waiting for the re balance.
And btw the Poison AoE wouldn't cause instant damage, just adds a poison effect to an area.

I'm unsure about this.

Edited by FormerlyEternal, 01 July 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#43 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Teus. There's a diff between a raider that has to go in a crowd and kill everyone in a distance and a scout killing opponents 1 by 1 in a range. Now don't get me wrong. Cause this discussion might turn into an argument (Like what happened to that class balancing thread which that other "person" turned it into a drama). Scouts do need "some sort" of boost but they have to sacrifice some tanking ability in return.

thats why raiders got 2 stealths isnt it? ;l and how can we sacrifice taking ability if we already lack of acc :c champs arents suppose to have more acc than scouts ._. just ssaaayyyiiinggg :3

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

This isn't the point I was making with that statement and is a different conversation, the point was about the different ideas of what a scout should be, for instance a 'sniper' vs a 'kiter'.

While it's true that there are limitations to scouts with respect to skill variance, the other things you have listed are currently acceptable trade-offs for the positives of a scout, some of which are listed in my previous post.

I'm unsure about this.

They are called scouts, are they not? unless maybe there was a translation error and they are actually called kiters?

Resume Hawkers can advance to Scouts by focusing on their archery skills. Scouts can use Long Bow class weapons to do fast and accurate attacks. Characteristics Scouts wear lightweight armors made out of fabric or leather to move as quickly as possible. For increased defense, Scouts can also wear chain mail. They always carry a quiver, and seem to like wearing animal furs. Weapons Scouts tend to favor Long Bows, but it is also possible for them to use Crossbows. Battle Strategy Since Scouts are well suited to using long range attacks, they can afford to avoid close encounters with monsters. Instead, Scouts initiate attack on the enemy from a distance and continue to attack as the enemy approaches. This makes Scouts ideal for supporting melee attack characters from behind when adventuring in a party. Main Skills
Since Scouts focus on long range attacks, most of their skills are related to bow abilities. These skills can increase attack accuracy when using a Bow weapon or the number of arrows that they can shoot at one time.

Taken from http://www.playroseo.../classes03.aspx

I see nothing about kiting an enemy in their official description.

Also while visiting the link, you'll notice a drastic difference between the raider skills list, and the scouts. so drastic is sad.

Edited by Feuer, 01 July 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#45 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Only thing scout might need to come up with some of the other classes is a second stun (aka remove the shared cooldown and make the first stun a shorter range)
Imo the duration of the skill to recharge is a bit to low, specialy because they only have one stun, while most of the classes have 2/3 stuns/sleep.
And maybe a bit of extra aspeed.

Then again everytime u decide to go play another class u rush on to forums saying the class needs improvement cause u cant play it like other people are able to, give some non outthought proposals in this case an aoe, so next time play the class first for a week or 2, get some knowledge from people who are kind enough to give u tips before u rush on to forums and scream for some skills to make ur char more capable of killing something.

P.s. raiders dont have 2 stealth, only 1, the other one is cloak, and this only counts for katars.

Edited by Graziano, 01 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Next time research who is proposing a good aoe. Been playing rose since beta and I have the acount dates to prove it. Just saying not everyone joined last month. And to be perfectly clear there are only 3 end game classes that cannot aoe. Katar raider. Xbow knight. And all variations of scout

#47 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

P.s. raiders dont have 2 stealth, only 1, the other one is cloak, and this only counts for katars.

well 1 stealth and 1 cloack... but they can still disappear twice ._.

#48 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Next time research who is proposing a good aoe. Been playing rose since beta and I have the acount dates to prove it. Just saying not everyone joined last month. And to be perfectly clear there are only 3 end game classes that cannot aoe. Katar raider. Xbow knight. And all variations of scout

I wasn't even refering to you but ok, i dont need the proof u play this game since beta.

Still i stick with what i said about the things scout needs to come up with some other classes.
An aoe is not necesary, some extra attack speed would be nice and a second stun. That's all.

#49 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Why are you so proud of being a veteran player? You act as if you're the only veteran player. At least 60% of the community is from iRose.
P.S: Maybe you should get a 220 character first and actually experience a game arena match where it's all bourgs spamming their AoEs and then you'll see why we don't need any more AoE skills.

Edited by Svenatenine, 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#50 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

They are called scouts, are they not? unless maybe there was a translation error and they are actually called kiters?
-Snip-
Taken from http://www.playroseo.../classes03.aspx

I see nothing about kiting an enemy in their official description.

Also while visiting the link, you'll notice a drastic difference between the raider skills list, and the scouts. so drastic is sad.

I think you've completely misunderstood my point for a second time. Firstly, the person I was speaking to had deliberately stated that another name for scouts could be 'snipers', to suggest that they should kill from afar, to which I repled with your original (misunderstood/out of context) quote of me, which is about them not having to fill that role. Secondly, the point of that response was to show that they can fill a different role and there isn't anything neccesarily wrong with that.

1. At no point did I suggest that the official description contained anything about kiting. (I don't know where you got that idea, nor why you are suggesting it)
2. I'm aware of the difference between raider skills and scouts skills, thank you.

Edited by FormerlyEternal, 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users