Couple Card Ideas Here - Forum Event: Design a Card Effect - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Couple Card Ideas Here

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

I have a couple ideas for some cards. Some seem to just have been overlooked for some reason so here we go.

Card 1

Accessory Slot
Effect:
* Reduces the cast time for Lightning Bolt by 25%.
* Increases the damage inflicted with Lightning Bolt by 25%.

Basically this card is exactly the same as Imp and Siroma but for LB. The main reason for this card though is for Mages mainly going Sage. It just seems that you have the other bolts improved so why not the Lightning Bolt?

Card 2

Weapon Slot. Could also go Accessory or Headgear though.
Effect:
When casting spells monsters can no longer sense your spells.
Ignores Cast Sensing ability of monsters. Does not work against Boss/MVP type monsters.

Stops monsters from going aggressive on you the minute you target them with a spell. I just think this would give mages the ability to lvl with things besides FBolt and FWall.

#2 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

I think that doesn't exist a card who improve lightning bolt like siroma or imp cards because the valkyrian shield only reduces fire and water elements.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 27 September 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

I think that doesn't exist a card who improve lightning bolt like siroma or imp cards because the valkyrian shield only reduces fire and water elements.

Well of course. These are ideas for NEW CARDS that are NOT in the game atm.

I just hate how many Water monsters are Cast Sensors. It's quite annoying that Fire Bolt level 10 is a must for leveling. Trying to level with any of the other bolts is an exercise in futility and frustration.

Would it have been so hard to make Alligators NOT cast sensors?
Anyway Hopefully my 2nd card idea could make up for these oversights and make it more sporting and enjoyable to lvl a Mage all the way to Job lvl 50.

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

It just seems that you have the other bolts improved so why not the Lightning Bolt?

I read you the first time. I only answered your question. That's all.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 28 September 2010 - 02:36 AM.

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

I read you the first time. I only answered your question. That's all.

Sorry about that didn't quite understand the meaning there. Anyway I think they would be able to make a new shield for that if they really wanted to.

As for my Second card idea for stealth casting I really think they need to boost that idea up with renewal screwing everything up. I really see no way at all to lvl up without the use of Fire Wall after renewal. I just hate the fact that if you are going to bother with Fire Wall at all you have to max it otherwise it's pretty useless. The other crappy thing of FWall is the need for 5 points in Fire Ball which I have to say I have rarely if ever used. Minimum investment needed for FWall max is 20 (FBolt 4, FBall 5, Sight 1 and FWall 10).

Also really hoping they can get rid of the need for Napalm beat 7 for Safety Wall. To max Safety Wall takes a total of 22 points (7 Napalm, 5 SoulStrike and 10 Safety Wall). I would actually prefer to put the points in Soul Strike if I had to get either of them as it is a nice spell and I like to max it.

#6 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

Well, leveling up as a mage without any type of "wall" spell is perfectly possible. Haven't got to renewal yet, but I'm pretty sure lv 1 bolt spells, frost driver, and soul strike would all be excellent to use for hit and run tactics. And if you refuse to use wall spells, your only other option to get off a full spell would be a party member tanking.

A stealth casting card still seems like an interesting idea, but I think it really needs some other drawbacks. MATK - 20%, cast time +100%, sp consumption + 50%. Hmm.. even then I bet you could just switch equips after you began casting and avoid the MATK and SP penalty. :P

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Well, leveling up as a mage without any type of "wall" spell is perfectly possible. Haven't got to renewal yet, but I'm pretty sure lv 1 bolt spells, frost driver, and soul strike would all be excellent to use for hit and run tactics. And if you refuse to use wall spells, your only other option to get off a full spell would be a party member tanking.

A stealth casting card still seems like an interesting idea, but I think it really needs some other drawbacks. MATK - 20%, cast time +100%, sp consumption + 50%. Hmm.. even then I bet you could just switch equips after you began casting and avoid the MATK and SP penalty. :)

I really couldn't care if something increases the SP cost of spells for Mage classes. They have such a big sp pool and recover so quickly that I don't mind if it drains faster.

However increasing Cast Time and/or reducing MAtk is a very bad thing todo.

I mean being a Mage should be about more than hiding behind a wall and casting. It should be about mind games.

#8 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

I really couldn't care if something increases the SP cost of spells for Mage classes. They have such a big sp pool and recover so quickly that I don't mind if it drains faster.

However increasing Cast Time and/or reducing MAtk is a very bad thing todo.

I mean being a Mage should be about more than hiding behind a wall and casting. It should be about mind games.

Well, just standing there and casting on a monster who could previously sense you with no repercussions and having it ez-mode does not seem like playing mind games. So, big penalties up the kazoo for you.

#9 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I wish there is a card that, when it slotted into a weapon, will allow the weapon to be used by any type of class!
like sword on Sura.. or bow on a Wizard! or even Bible on Assassin Cross?(well if he dumb enough to do that)
and that card has to be extremely rare.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

I wouldn't mind the LB equivalent of the Siroma and Imp cards, my hindsight Sorcerer would be overjoyed at that one. I always did wonder why they never implemented a card like that after doing the other two, valk shield aside (from a pvm perspective)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users