Lithi's Soul Hunter Skill Suggestions - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lithi's Soul Hunter Skill Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lithi

Lithi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1880 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Here's my suggestion and preparation for soul hunters and subclasses skill balance. Its based on my own gaming experience. It took me the whole week, but isnt finished yet.
  • Strengthen the low levels: Decrease certain skills maximum level and increase their strength at lower level of skills
  • Balance of Skills: Decrease the strength of superior skills and increase the strength of inferior skills
  • Modification of Skills: Merge certain Skills / DNAs and adjust / replace useless Skills
Goals:

* Soul Hunter -> Villain:
  • + Gather more power at lower levels improves leveling
  • + Increase the role of being a "vampire"
  • + Opportunity to interact with the enemy MP
* Defiler -> Glass canon:
  • + Sacrifice some survivability for greater damage
  • + Increase the importance of debuffs and curse
* Dominator -> Magical counterpart to Warlords:
  • + Warlord weakens magical classes <-> Dominator weakens physical classes
  • + Strengthen the supportive role
I wrote a pretty long pretty long table including all modified stats, effect descriptions and minor corrections. I kept the changes pretty simple so it wont be to hard for the devs to implement them.

Heres the link to the full document of all suggestions for tweaks: https://docs.google....WWc&usp=sharing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://docs.google....WWc&usp=sharing

Edited by Lithi, 09 March 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#2 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I don't see anything when I click on the links. Nevermind

Edited by Fudd, 09 March 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#3 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

see, players shouldnt have to set up extensive comparison charts and what not when they are asked for help by GMs in improving the game. People who get paid do nothing. People who are spose to just play the game, work for free. Nonsensical.

#4 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Why change the duration of some of the dominator pet buffs? I do agree with the damage increase though.
and 17.5m range on binding weapon? 30m is fine, and for relapse wound you need to add ''%'' for the defense reduction and for lithifying fog i would only change the downtime and that it awaks the pets from every negative status.

#5 Lithi

Lithi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1880 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't see anything when I click on the links. Nevermind

I see its a bit bugged with all those pics: Ill upload the table as screenshjots later.

#6 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

i tihnk that invisibility instead of evasion it should add % chance to dodge physical attack, would be more usefull.

Edit : Terms of Service nerf again ? XD

Edited by VanillaNinja, 09 March 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#7 Lithi

Lithi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1880 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Why change the duration of some of the dominator pet buffs? I do agree with the damage increase though.
and 17.5m range on binding weapon? 30m is fine, and for relapse wound you need to add ''%'' for the defense reduction and for lithifying fog i would only change the downtime and that it awaks the pets from every negative status.

I dont want to see domis AFK-farming everywhere so I cut the duration of the buffs for pets. Binding weapon will decrease physical attack power by -83% at max, so 30m would be OP.

#8 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Binding weapon as multi-target debuff pls...

edit : ohh just saw u already suggested it as multi-target debuff ^^

so far I would agree with lithi's suggestions for Dominator, regarding Binding weapon it would already work nice as Accuracy debuff (if its changed to multi-target) but decreasing phys. attack power could be a nice choice aswell

in addition Ennon should get a lvl-revamp too, Lenatore mb less crit chance or Nastech sth like a weak taunt to avoid Lenatore from getting aggro

S1 skills/buffs : Magic Counterattack was a nice buff for the Soul Hunters and should be brought back
mb give domis back their stage 3 Blood Storm aswell to be able to grind a bit faster

edit 2: fix the pets pathways since they move much too often at the same place instead of following the master as it should be, we're always forced to re-summon them to get rid of that bug (happens mostly in the union map with the trees), sometimes it seems 1 or 2 of the own pets bug the others

to be continued....

Edited by ThreeTimes6, 10 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#9 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:trifi, nova

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

If you don't want to see afk dominator's then why not suggest the pets only last the 30 minutes there first given, but increase the strength of the damage they do per level instead of the length of time they last, As the pets are way to weak, at level 80 with kazara, lenatore, ennon, and humbumba, you still have to keep respawning the pets against like the WS, RM, and the DS bosses, when with the elephant with the avenger you can go wipe out the entire DS room run out then back in and kill the boss without the elephant dying and its only one pet.

#10 Akro

Akro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

wait u want domis charge into group of melles , use instand binding weapon + add to this skill slow effect like wls have?

see this cant happen there simply no groups of melles at any battlefield, there much more casters

cant wait untill wl skill discussin that silence + slow skill just retarded no other game have 2 in 1 debuffs, its like having in weapon -750 def + -4m move speed enchant

#11 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

a bunch of 3 sins + zerk/wl is already enough for a multi-target bind. weapon and it happens very often that they appear that way

#12 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Finally found time to go through this. I can basically agree to most of that, but I will take the time to explain in detail why I do or don't.
I marked stuff i like with "+", stuff I dont like with "-" or stuff I don't fully agree to with "+/-". Stuff I didn't completly understand I marked with "(?)".

In general, as a defiler I would gladly give away some survivability if i would be able to do more damage, even tho compared to other magical classes defis (keep in mind ppl, non mallwhored even more) are already considered squishy with the natural lack of hp and defense without doing the insane damage of for example Mystiks/Sakers.

About your suggestions:

+ Removing DNA for Invisibility, adding it to the skill itself
Explanation: No one has 10 dna points to increase that buff anyway. Evasion is kind of usefull if you have enough of it, but then again not so much. So i think it woulld be okay to increase the % rate, removing the DNA. It would make the skill worth taking.

+ Lowering Level of Soul Hunter Pets (Illusion, Lenny, Kazara)
Explanation: Okay.

+ Making VT aoe without DNA
Explanation: 30 DNA points are needed to make this (important) skill - our only heal - usefull. Keep in mind dear non Soul Huter folks it still will be able to fail and it requires enemys, and its affected by their curse resistances. So making it aoe would at least spare us 10 dna points, points that free player desperately need.

+/(?) Reimplementing the Mana-Absorbing skill from S1
Explanation: Since they nerfed mp rec this would be cool to have. Its just questionable if its worth taking in terms of how much MP would be gained since it would be only sucking from one enemy, and prolly would also be affected by curse resist and could fail.

+ Combining Soul Shield with Blessing of Wind
Explanation: This would make Soul Shield semi-worth taking, since its completly useless atm. I would have liked to see it giving more defense, even tho compared to what it gives now its already an improvement. But I guess thats okay. Now its like that Templar buff and since it would be lvl 10 at lvl 57 it would be helpful but not op already at lower levels.

+ Increasing Range of Lithifying Terror
Explanation: Great - would make it usefull again. As it is currently, you have to be super lucky to be able cast it on someone with its low range.

+/(?) Adding DoT to Curse Effect
Explanation: Sounds good, but would this mean you take away its direct damage?

+ Making Curse of Restoration instant cast, removing the swift DNA, adding a DNA to extend it
Explanation: Making it instant cast might make it more attractive, especially with the option to increase the duration, since pretty much noone is seriously using this atm.

+/- Terms of Service with DoT and increased casttime
Explanation: Would be okay. One thing I don't really agree with is the increased casttime - 2,2 or 2 seconds isnt that much of a difference, lets just leave it at 2.
I guess you increased the casttime a little bit to prevent people from bitching justify the added DoT.
Lets be honest here, Terms of Service isnt what it used to be. Of course it is still powerful, but people seem to have a easy time to just run out of it in between ticks or ofc almost naturally be able to dash out of it if they have the ability to do so.

+ Giving Fury a new function, increasing your SCC but lowering your HP
Explanation: Would make it more attractive and maybe even worth taking, since no one uses this atm.

+/- Adding Binding Soul to Soul Hunter skill tree, giving it the ability to reduce curse resist for a set duration
Explanation: The added reduction of curse resist is neat, but if it would only last 5 seconds at max level this would be a bit low - maybe make it 10 seconds so it would be like the weapon debuff.

+ Combining the magic/physical pet buff, increasing the damage
Explanation: Sounds good.

+/- Combining Binding weapon with its DNA, also reducing phyiscal damage, making it a multitarget debuff
Explanation: DNA-wise this would be good to combine, the lowered range also makes sense (but lets just say 20m or maybe better 15m, since 17,5 is kind of a weird number). -83% physical damage at max level seems kind of op, melees would be useless after that. But I guess the increased CD and range kind of justifies it.

+ Reducing the needed skillpoints for Relapse Wound

+ Adjusting the level of Humbaba, making it available for lower levels

+/- Changing the function of Lithifying Fog so that it removes binds, hushes and stuff
Explanation: Cool. Domis would be like anti-warlords :D But again why the 2,2 sec casttime. Just make it 2 (I'm into round numbers). Duration seems a bit high.

Additional suggestions:

Increasing the % dmg of Curse Mastery
Explanation: 10% is not enough imo, all the other passive mastery buffs (Tempest, Forsaker etc) give at least 18-20% at max level, Defis only 10.

Increasing the damage of Attack of Curse
Explanation: Copy&Paste: It deals only 4 dmgpoints on lvl 1, 31 on lvl 10. For example Bloody Arrow lvl 1 already deals 23 dmg, i know Attack of Curse has a rather short CD, but still the dmg is a joke.

Removing/Changing the skill animation for Vampiric Touch
Explanation: With its DNA its supposed to be instant, but its not due to the cast animation. This is more of a bug report than a suggestion.

Edited by Leash, 24 June 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#13 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

i got few suggestions about skills
  • soul hunter def buff changed to physical reflect buff, same as this one we had in s1
  • Attack of curse with diffrent animation cause this one we have is -_-ty and takes more than 1 second of coldown
  • increased damge of skills, defiler should be glass cannon with huge dmg buy low survivability
  • all skills should have dot (Its defiler with curse we obviously should have dots in everything :P) they dont have to be some huge dmg dots
  • maybe some buff that increase scad but lowers defence (glass cannon remember :P )

#14 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

posted wrong in wrong thread huhu //rookie

Edited by AngelicPretty, 19 June 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#15 redaljka

redaljka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

you did a great job...hope they use some of that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users