Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Can it be made bigger?

I'll just paste this here. Its a guide on how to change fonts edited to fit iRO2, and minus the dload links to fonts and the link to the original thread from the sea ro2 forums.

Hi everyone, I've made an easy to follow guide on how to change the font for the chat, as the current one is horrible and cant be read.

You can change it to any font you like, just rename the font to AritaSans-Bold and it should work (it needs to be a .otf) but I have uploaded what I think is the best font, Arial bold. It's easy to read under small and large sizes (better than verdana).

1) Go to your RO2 UI Fonts Folder. The default path is "C:\Program files (x86)\Gravity\Ragnarok Online 2\UI\FONT"

2) Backup all your existing fonts, make a folder called Backup and copy "AritaSans-Bold" into the folder

3) Replace "AritaSans-Bold" with any font you like, you just have to rename it as AritaSans-Bold in your RO2 FONT folder.

Enjoy your new fonts! If you ever want to go back to the original font, just replace back the one you've made in the backup.

Enjoy!

This works with any font thats a .otf file. I liked using Grobold since it was nice on the eyes and made everything very bold and easy to read. The only drawback is that it was missing a good few symbols.

Edit: Fixed since Oda moved/edited this. Thanks again for the help.

Edited by Ambur, 04 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#2 Paragons

Paragons

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I swear in SEA it was lol; I could be going crazy tho. All I ever wanted was to be able to keep the black background behind the window to be able to see it. But they never listen... QQ

#3 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

the entire font is like horrible. It makes the game so outdated and low grade

#4 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Installation folder -> UI -> FONT, You can probably edit it there but it looks fine to me so im not going to mess with it.

#5 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Run a Google search for free "open type fonts" or "otf fonts", then replace AritaSans-Bold in the folder described above.

So far, I'm liking Fontin Sans Rg. Only problem is that it's difficult to distinguish a lower-L from an upper-I unless you have them side by side.

Posted Image

Edited by synesthetic, 18 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#6 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Run a Google search for free "open type fonts" or "otf fonts", then replace AritaSans-Bold in the folder described above.

So far, I'm liking Fontin Sans Rg. Only problem is that it's difficult to distinguish a lower-L from an upper-I unless you have them side by side.

Posted Image

I'm telling you this: That font is smexy, thanks for the search!

#7 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

thank you, I almost couldn't stand the font any longer.

#8 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Someone make chiller work pls.

#9 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'll just paste this here. Its a guide on how to change fonts edited to fit iRO2, and minus the dload links to fonts and the link to the original thread from the sea ro2 forums.

Hi everyone, I've made an easy to follow guide on how to change the font for the chat, as the current one is horrible and cant be read.

You can change it to any font you like, just rename the font to AritaSans-Bold and it should work (it needs to be a .otf) but I have uploaded what I think is the best font, Arial bold. It's easy to read under small and large sizes (better than verdana).

1) Go to your RO2 UI Fonts Folder. The default path is "C:\Program files (x86)\Gravity\Ragnarok Online 2\UI\FONT"

2) Backup all your existing fonts, make a folder called Backup and copy "AritaSans-Bold" into the folder

3) Replace "AritaSans-Bold" with any font you like, you just have to rename it as AritaSans-Bold in your RO2 FONT folder.

Enjoy your new fonts! If you ever want to go back to the original font, just replace back the one you've made in the backup.

Enjoy!

This works with any font thats a .otf file. I liked using Grobold since it was nice on the eyes and made everything very bold and easy to read. The only drawback is that it was missing a good few symbols.

Edited by Terr, 19 April 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#10 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

This works with any font thats a .ttf file. I liked using Grobold since it was nice on the eyes and made everything very bold and easy to read. The only drawback is that it was missing a good few symbols.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure PhilosopherBold is the default font for seaRO2, iRO2 is using AritaSans by default.

#11 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure PhilosopherBold is the default font for seaRO2, iRO2 is using AritaSans by default.

oh oops, I didn't realize it's a different font . theybothlookthesametomeingame,smallandhorribleQQ Ill edit my post then not to confuse anyone @@;

#12 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Thanks a lot!

#13 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

-snip-

Giving this font a try. I discovered a ton of handy size and color options inside of FontInfo.xml, but does anyone know if the changes we make in this file are actually reflected in the game?

#14 Astrariel

Astrariel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

I actually really like the small font and it's style. It's not gawky and giant like some games. ><

#15 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I wish there was an option to increase the font in the main chat frame. It is quite small and bugging me.

#16 LastExile613

LastExile613

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Is it possible to chance the party chat text color?

using purple on a dark background? Not sure what the creators' thought process was when they thought of implementing it.
My eyes just start to hurt even I use party chat, that's why I use area chat more often

#17 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

If you guys have a truetype font or any other type of font that you want to convert to an open type font, try this website out:

http://www.freefontconverter.com/

Someone make chiller work pls.

Try this out: Link

I didn't actually test it, but it should work :P Just be sure to properly rename it to AritaSans-Bold.otf

#18 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the instructions. I was starting to rip my hair out from how similar the 3 and 5 looked.

#19 Vashh

Vashh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOn the Clouds

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Trying to read the public chat outside of prontera with that font gave me progeria.

#20 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

thank you guys :) I can read the text easier now

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

This thread needs to be stickied so that other eyes may be saved.

#22 LastExile613

LastExile613

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I play 1 meter away from the screen, so it's even worse for me (I use my 30 something inches TV as my computer screen)

the new font helped a lot

hope they can do something about the nighly readable party chat text

Edited by LastExile613, 19 April 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#23 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Trying to read the public chat outside of prontera with that font gave me progeria.

Public, Trade and LFG channel font color CAN be changed.
Custom channel too, for that matter.
Just click the "channel" button near the chat window and then click the color bar near the desired channel name.
Too bad we can't edit the Party/Raid, Normal and Guild colors or any of the sizes - but at least you can make Public aka /1 easier to read.

#24 Thulen

Thulen

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Using 2560x1440 resolution and ingame font its pretty tiny cant really read the chat :hmm:

#25 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I can't say I've had any problems with the current font, but kudos for posting up a fix for those that have!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users