#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Why did the developers replace zone entrances with "warp portals"? I'd much rather walk right into another area than a frickin' loading screen.

That old interface, I want it so bad. :sob: 

#2 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

Why did the developers replace zone entrances with "warp portals"? I'd much rather walk right into another area than a frickin' loading screen.

That old interface, I want it so bad. :sob: 

the Devs went full retard, witch is why we don't get nice things

#3 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

I'd rather much walk right into the next area than to wait and look at the loading screen... Perhaps their method was chosen to prevent spam bots? Idk =/

And is it just me or is that sun effect actually displaying much better than ours? Could be just me @_@;

That interface looks delicious indeed.

Edited by Yukyrie, 07 August 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#4 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

3vf918.jpg

But yeah, it'd be nice to just walk through without waiting for the loading screen each time

Edited by inuko23, 07 August 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

And is it just me or is that sun effect actually displaying much better than ours? Could be just me @_@;

Oh wow, you're right. The sun effect did work much better in the kRO2 CBT than launch. Wonder what happened there.

Also, the Prontera Knightage building in the kRO2 CBT seems much roomier than the current one.

#6 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

The models were also alot better during the CBT. I don't know why but they looked much more improved than the current models in place now.

Plus, the login screen.

it used to change the class art from one to another every-time during login.

Edited by AmiiMii, 07 August 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#7 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Its so beautiful! :( I wish the game was like that...

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

The models were also alot better during the CBT. I don't know why but they looked much more improved than the current models in place now.

Plus, the login screen.
it used to change the class art from one to another every-time during login.

I actually don't mind the current login screen, but it would be nice if it changed every once in a while (like how it does in RO1).

I'm just so baffled when we got our beta because the game was changed so dramatically badly from CBT to launch. It looked as if it would've been a nice subscription-quality game and then somewhere along the way the developers went "NOPE" and crapped it up.

#9 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

I actually don't mind the current login screen, but it would be nice if it changed every once in a while (like how it does in RO1).

I'm just so baffled when we got our beta because the game was changed so dramatically badly from CBT to launch. It looked as if it would've been a nice subscription-quality game and then somewhere along the way the developers went "NOPE" and crapped it up.

Again, blame kRO.

I'm still waiting for the other 5 of 7 towns that were supposedly planned during launch.

Edited by Rukaroa, 07 August 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#10 andysunstory

andysunstory

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Why did the developers replace zone entrances with "warp portals"?

Because, well... it's WarpPortal, lolol get it? :heh:

sorry bad joke

#11 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

ro2_loadvalk.jpg

Heck i've found a old treasure trove of loading screens, how'd this get replaced?

The amount of stuff that's old that looks good gets replaced. man, this would of been nice to see.

Edited by AmiiMii, 07 August 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#12 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

Hans used to be ginger?

#13 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

Idk.

But if only we could see some of the old stuff mix in with the current stuff. it'd be nice.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hans used to be ginger?

Yeah, I choked on my cereal when I saw him in the video. :p_laugh: That's one improvement I'm glad they made.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'd rather much walk right into the next area than to wait and look at the loading screen... Perhaps their method was chosen to prevent spam bots? Idk =/

Because they have to split each zone in order to provide zone servers. Pretty sure it would put an impossible strain on the server if everything was all in one map/zone server. We see that problem with RO1 even now. For example, if the "Geffen zone" crashes the maps associated with that zone will all crash. The same goes for the lag it experiences if there's far too much activity going on in that "Geffen zone."

Although I'm for getting rid of that annoying "warp portal-like" animation they have going there for dividing the zones/maps. The old interface looks really good too.

#16 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

The Portals that warp you in could have a animation change maybe?

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Because they have to split each zone in order to provide zone servers. Pretty sure it would put an impossible strain on the server if everything was all in one map/zone server. We see that problem with RO1 even now. For example, if the "Geffen zone" crashes the maps associated with that zone will all crash. The same goes for the lag it experiences if there's far too much activity going on in that "Geffen zone."

But isn't that what the channels system is for? (You can see the player changing channels at 1:55.)

#18 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Having warpportals instead of one large map reduces strain on players world latency. Running one large zone is much harder than running multiple smaller zones. This is actually a benefit to you as a player, as if one zone gets bombarded with lag, it won't effect another zone.

My guess is they didn't want their servers to crash constantly.

Edited by Drizzled, 07 August 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#19 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Two priest walks into pr0n........<insert rest of the bad joke here>

Yup people who lack ram (like my computer) would crash/lag less but I still think there's a memory leak somewhere.

Edited by coded, 07 August 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#20 Will

Will

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Or the RO2 devs could learn to program better. Another MMO I've played called R.O.H.A.N. has no portals or anything between seperate segments of the world map, it's all one big map, aside from the obvious dungeons and instances. The only loading screens on that game are when going into instances or teleporting to another town or spawn point. And it runs smoother than RO2, no lag or latency issues or anything, so it's not an impossible strain on the server, RO2 devs just need to learn to program better.

Hell, I'm even able to play that game at best graphic quality without a problem, RO2 comes to a crawl if I try having all the options on.

Edited by Will, 07 August 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

That's easier said than done. What you're asking is for those developers to be completely replaced by the ones you're talking about. Game engine and coding is different between each company that makes a game. It's like Pepsi and Coke. They can come up with products that "look" like each other, but they are actually made differently compared to each other. Their formulas and development are different, like their creators. Gaming developers each have their own style of doing things.

At this point in the development, you're asking for the developers to start from scratch from the ground up with a completely new formula for how things look and work. That's not plausible at all.

Edited by GuardianTK, 07 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#22 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Or the RO2 devs could learn to program better. Another MMO I've played called R.O.H.A.N. has no portals or anything between seperate segments of the world map, it's all one big map, aside from the obvious dungeons and instances. The only loading screens on that game are when going into instances or teleporting to another town or spawn point. And it runs smoother than RO2, no lag or latency issues or anything, so it's not an impossible strain on the server, RO2 devs just need to learn to program better.

Hell, I'm even able to play that game at best graphic quality without a problem, RO2 comes to a crawl if I try having all the options on.

I can tell you aren't much of a programmer, and this isn't related to programming even in the slightest. It's the amount of load in one giant map that's the problem.

#23 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

They took a perfectly good game at launch and shat on it.

#24 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Two priest walks into pr0n........<insert rest of the bad joke here>

Yup people who lack ram (like my computer) would crash/lag less but I still think there's a memory leak somewhere.

Yeah there's definitely a memory leak somewhere, I can run multiple instances of other MMOs but just one instance of launching RO2 bring my computer to a crawl. What the heck ?? Bleh I miss multitasking between mmos and Civ V now.

#25 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

I can kind of tell that these programmers were Java programmers and maybe new to C++. Never hire Java programmer to do a mans job. << I am dealing with the same thing at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users