• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yenova

Yenova

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I would like to start a discussion about the Transpersonal Skill of the Soulmaker.

First of all, this skill boost only the damage for an critical hit by 10%, not the critical rate itself. Example: The critical hit does 4,000 damage, with Transpersonal 5/5 it would do 4,400 damage. Pretty simple, right?
Pretty awesome for a lot of DPS classes, like rogue, ranger, assassin, sorcerer... But it only affects critical hits. So let's say the average high-end rogue, assassin, ranger have a critical rate of 40~50%. Mathematically that would be an overall increase of 4~5% attack damage for the whole fight. And thats actually not really that much. For Sorcerer it's only about 10~20% (I'm not sure, only playing the sorc of my girlfriend sometimes) and considering what I dais before and increase by ~2%.

Conclusion: The Skill is good. It gives an overall damage increase for the whole group without much effort. But the increase is not really that high and the Soulmaker has a lot of good skills which might need the points more. 

I really would like to hear your opinion about that.

Best Regards

Edited by Yenova, 13 September 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#2 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I would like to start a discussion about the Transpersonal Skill of the Soulmaker.

First of all, this skill boost only the damage for an critical hit by 10%, not the critical rate itself. Example: The critical hit does 4,000 damage, with Transpersonal 5/5 it would do 4,400 damage. Pretty simple, right?
Pretty awesome for a lot of DPS classes, like rogue, ranger, assassin, sorcerer... But it only affects critical hits. So let's say the average high-end rogue, assassin, ranger have a critical rate of 40~50%. Mathematically that would be an overall increase of 4~5% attack damage for the whole fight. And thats actually not really that much. For Sorcerer it's only about 10~20% (I'm not sure, only playing the sorc of my girlfriend sometimes) and considering what I dais before and increase by ~2%.

Conclusion: The Skill is good. It gives an overall damage increase for the whole group without much effort. But the increase is not really that high and the Soulmaker has a lot of good skills which might need the points more. 

I really would like to hear your opinion about that.

Best Regards

Get your party buffs. An increase of 4-5% attack damage is huge for a party buff. To get the same attack damage increase on my assassin I'll need about +50 agi or +70 str and those +10 runes are so expensive. Every bit of extra damage all adds up

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 13 September 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#3 feed3r

feed3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Your estimates are very much on the low end.

With spiky band, agi runes in costumes or accessories all thief and Mage jobs can easily hit 70% crit rate after buffs at AoD level.

Edited by feed3r, 13 September 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#4 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

With spiky band, agi runes in costumes or accessories all thief and Mage jobs can easily hit 70% crit rate after buffs at AoD level.

What is spiky band?

#5 Yenova

Yenova

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

I know that the skill is good and party buffs are always welcome, but I only wanted to consider this. Other question is, does it also affect healers? Crit damage increases their crit heals?
E.g. if you compare it to the vigor/haste buff: It increases the haste/vigor rate by max 15% flat for 5 people, means 5 people can use up to 15% more attacks in the same time, but it only affects the skills with cooldown and cast time, therefore you can only estimate the increase in damage, different from char to char. But lets simply assume the maximum, an increase of 15% for 5 people -> party damage increase of 7.5% and every linked char profits from it. 
Also the Revive soul link is also of use. I improves the survivability of the party, but you can hardly compare it to a damage increase.

I never said that the skill was bad, I just wanted to consider this. I personally am going to max it anyway, I just wanted to read the opinion of others.

70% for a mage? That seems quite much, but I'm not AoD ready yet, only full CoA, so I trust you and yeah, my rogue does hit 65%, but as I said I wanted to hear the opinion of others.

#6 feed3r

feed3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

What is spiky band?

Oops that's the ro1 name...I believe it's studded headband the dark union item which gives 300 crit.

Throw in plumberge, AOD khara titles, 51 base agi stat and you'll find the requirement to reach that high is within possibilities if you add agi runes into costumes and accessories as well.

And yes it impacts critical heals as well.

Also a cash item DNA box should be making its way to this server soon, which randomly grants you a full DNA ....so you'll also start seeing more pertus pets which totally skyrockets crits.

Edited by feed3r, 14 September 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#7 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Union costumes have no stats in iro2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users