September Caption Contest (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ ***Winners Posted*** - Page 6 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September Caption Contest (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ ***Winners Posted***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#126 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am pointing out the inconsistency of your rules, nothing else. If this is punishing any of the people who submitted, then I'm sorry, but they should have read the rules and followed them in the first place.

You only are accepting longer captions now because somebody pointed out your mistake, why didn't you do this in the first place? The rules are still as follow;

No images/emotes or anything, I'm going to list all the captions in pure text form for easier judging.

You didn't even bother to change it "halfway through" when, as you said, you started accepting these. Rules on such things are supposed to be well-thought, solid, and remain unchanged since day 1, not to leave disadvantages to anybody who created their entry before rules were changed. Clarify a rule is one thing, but saying that you removed one while it still remains there is a completely different thing.

#127 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

I am pointing out the inconsistency of your rules, nothing else. If this is punishing any of the people who submitted, then I'm sorry, but they should have read the rules and followed them in the first place.

You only are accepting longer captions now because somebody pointed out your mistake, why didn't you do this in the first place? The rules are still as follow;

You didn't even bother to change it "halfway through" when, as you said, you started accepting these. Rules on such things are supposed to be well-thought, solid, and remain unchanged since day 1, not to leave disadvantages to anybody who created their entry before rules were changed. Clarify a rule is one thing, but saying that you removed one while it still remains there is a completely different thing.

I already stated that rule was modified and I already said that my mistake was not changing it in the OP. I gave people a month to edit their entries, submitting earlier does nothing in that case. To correct this - people have an extra week to submit as an image macro if they feel that gives them a better chance. Same with longer entries. I will not allow any new entries, however, or for people to edit their entries.

My "mistake" was confusion coming from my wording at the time. I also already explained that.

I am not going to disqualify people based on any of this. My only change will be the extra week to clarify things. It is a small and simple and nearly effortless event - there is no reason to police anything or punish anyone. You say you do not want to host events, but you seem to want to control this event, but you think you cannot do it well, so I don't understand.

I felt my rules were solid, but the nature of entries changed what I thought was going to happen. The next CC event will be stricter if I host one.

#128 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

That image you compiled should've been split up into 5-6 images with different scenes and used in future caption contests. It has WAY too many things going on. There was no way anyone can come up with a 1-2 sentence caption for it. If you had cropped out one scene with 1-2 things going on, people wouldn't have submitted such long captions (which honestly aren't even captions anymore, they're more like summaries at that length). That along with the stated rules just made this contest very tricky to figure out.

#129 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

That image you compiled should've been split up into 5-6 images with different scenes and used in future caption contests. It has WAY too many things going on. There was no way anyone can come up with a 1-2 sentence caption for it. If you had cropped out one scene with 1-2 things going on, people wouldn't have submitted such long captions (which honestly aren't even captions anymore, they're more like summaries at that length). That along with the stated rules just made this contest very tricky to figure out.

Yes, I saw that as soon as I opened up the contest, but I wanted to just leave it as is. I will consider that for future CC events!

#130 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

NPAa8Bx.jpg

e: Oh god I was drunk when I put this in. Should provide some clarification in that my sig was this at the time:

nvhjkNq.jpg

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 05 October 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#131 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

NPAa8Bx.jpg

I'm sorry it's past the due date and it would not be fair to sneak yours in when I gave a month for entries s:

#132 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Aw poor almr :(

#133 AlphaFmale

AlphaFmale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

kOaiiVc.jpg

Not sure if this is right according to the rules.. just stumbled on this as I was about to fall asleep. 

.....I might need to make the captions prettier lol.

If I have to just choose like one line for the entire image.. I guess something like..

"The Sacrifice." or "The True Heroes."

EDIT - annndddd yeah just noticed it already ended oh well ~_~

Edited by AlphaFmale, 30 September 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#134 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

The thread is closed for new entries afaik. Extra time is given for existing entries to clarify if needed.

#135 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

Sorry guys! There will be future events.

#136 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:42 AM

were the winners picked? >_>

#137 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

were the winners picked? >_>

Judging has been pushed back to October 7th.

Edited by Sapphic, 05 October 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#138 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

Winners should be picked during today's livestream unless Oda forgot lol!

#139 escod

escod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Winners should be picked during today's livestream unless Oda forgot lol!

Aww, he wouldn't forget about us, would he?  :heh:

Hey Sapphic, is the livestream always at the same hour of day? If so, what time?  :p_hi:

#140 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'll have them picked by the livestream. 

#141 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

Aww, he wouldn't forget about us, would he?  :heh:

Hey Sapphic, is the livestream always at the same hour of day? If so, what time?  :p_hi:

I want to say 3 PM PST?

#142 escod

escod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'll have them picked by the livestream. 

Alrighty Oda. Awesoooome! 

I want to say 3 PM PST?

3pm, PST. Ok, great. That's, hmmm, 6pm in my timezone (EST). Thanks.

#143 escod

escod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

The winners must have been announced in the first 5 minutes of the broadcast. Tuned in at 3:06pm PST and watched til the ending but I have no clue who won. There's no doubt that the winners will also be posted here though.

#144 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

"winners ++++++++++++++++++++

Myzery=======================
Power rangers reference

ka10==========================
Final Destiny of the Gods

Jaye===========================

Four star dragon cookie-pie

hon mentions+++++++++++++++++

ANON=======================

Female Mechanic to Male Warlock: Relax! I just "borrowed" it for the Halloween party. There's no way Dullahan's coming all the way from Niflheim to get his helmet back! Next you'll be telling me Ifrit's coming down from Thor's Volcano to reclaim his son. Live a little!

Akupuff===================

"atroce-sempai"

Donguri======================
Masochist's Broom[1]"

This is what Oda has told me !!

#145 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

Congrats to the winners!

I'll take a blue creative convention hat on Myzery (Renewal)

#146 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Grats to the winners!

I feel like very few people, including some of the winners actually understand what a caption contest is though. Plus two of the winners posted like 12 entries each... they just included it in one image.

It's supposed to be short and sweet, usually a one liner, not an entire storyline or a movie poster lol.

*edit* Actually now that I am looking at it, all three winners basically broke the original rules lol. OP should have pm'd people who had already submitted to let them know the rules had changed and you basically had no chance of winning unless you made a caption for every character in the pic @_@

Oh well.

Edited by hoikarnage, 07 October 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#147 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

I fully understand what it is, but we were given the option to caption each character.

There was honestly too much going on in the picture for a one liner imo.

#148 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

I fully understand what it is, but we were given the option to caption each character.

There was honestly too much going on in the picture for a one liner imo.

Yeah I just noticed that the rules had changed after I submitted mine.

Basically all three winners broke the original rules, so those of us who actually followed the original rules had no chance of winning.

#149 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yeah I just noticed that the rules had changed after I submitted mine.

Basically all three winners broke the original rules, so those of us who actually followed the original rules had no chance of winning.

I told Oda to treat those entries as one entire caption and if he was going to pick them to treat them as such. I felt that was better than telling everyone to change what they wrote. After that it was out of my hands.

#150 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

Congrats to all winners! There will be future writing contests so do not fret. I will try better to organize it in the future if you had problems. Thanks for participating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users