[ 9/24 - 9/30 ] Weekly Ralis Conundrum! #6: Where in the World - Conundrum event archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[ 9/24 - 9/30 ] Weekly Ralis Conundrum! #6: Where in the World

46 replies to this topic

#1 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThe Ralis ConundrumSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

School is starting up again, and that means it's time to get your brain back in shape!

Every Wednesday, at some varying point of the day, I'll be posting some sort of weekly challenge for you to figure out. Each week brings a new puzzle: it may be a math problem, a riddle or something else entirely. Whatever it may be, you'll have to use a little (or a lot of) brain power to figure it out.

These puzzles may require knowledge outside of Ragnarok! Anyone is capable of finding the answer, but I cannot guarantee you will always know what to do if you have little to no understanding of Ragnarok, computers, math, science, etc.

The competition is open to both servers! Chaos Renewal and Classic Loki players may both enter their answers. It may help you to know, then, that the answer to each challenge will be something that can be found by players of both servers.

Correct answers may win a prize at the end of the week. However, only a certain number of prizes can be given out and all correct answers are entered into the prize pool. Please do not try and use multiple accounts to get better odds! We check IPs and account connections. If you're caught doing this, you will be automatically disqualified from present and future competitions... Including OTHER events on the forums as well.

Please keep in mind that the theme for each week is not always a factor in figuring out the puzzle. This does not mean that it will never have an impact, but rather that you should not assume that you must travel to a location or that the answer must fit the theme given in that week's conundrum.

Please do not post or PM your answers. Use the link below the challenge to submit answers!

Keep in mind that you only get one try; once you have submitted an answer, it is considered final!

UPDATE: You may now freely adjust your entry until each week's deadline!

Helpful links:

iRO Wiki

iRO Wiki Renewal Database

iRO Wiki Classic Database

Google

I don't consider search engines cheating. You will never find the answer directly, but always use your resources!

Please do not ask questions related to this week's challenge on the forums. Questions regarding the competition as a whole are fine, but we want to avoid any hints or answers being posted directly on the forums!

PoringDivider.png

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThis Week's ChallengeSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

Week 6: Where in the World [ 9/24 - 9/30 ]

VarmundtsWorldMap_zpsdf357016.png

Always trying to compete with the Kafra Corp., Rekenber scientists have been hard at work perfecting a new form of teleporting technology.

The original inventor, the famous Sage Varmundt, created the machine using a specific world map (the original of which can be found by clicking the copy above. Rekenber strongly advises against using copies for research purposes as it will likely lead to displaced teleports). Before he mysteriously vanished, he gave his fellow researchers several strings of numbers that would teleport the user to various parts of Rune-Midgarts if entered into the machine's computer. For example:

295215 = Prontera
31410 = Hugel
382328 = Alberta
66195 = Veins

(Rekenber strongly advises against entering in your own numbers after 420199 sent a researcher to the middle of the ocean and 268299 stranded another somewhere in the Morroc desert)

Where would you be teleported to if you typed in 150175? Answer in the form of a map name. Example: gef_fild00

Click Here To Submit Your Answer

This week's prize:

BMx3_zpsdb689546.png

10 Battle Manual X3s

The competition ends Tuesday, September 30th at 11:59 PM PST! Good luck!

PoringDivider.png

Edited by Ralis, 23 September 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngLast Week's ChallengeSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

Week 5: Trouble With Tiles [ 9/17 - 9/23 ]

143Tiles_zps22861445.png

In the lower left corner of Prontera, there's a bar. A very lonely, empty bar. Only one old man seems to frequent the establishment, so the owner has decided to hold a contest in an attempt to draw in patrons.

He special orders 144 tiles (with each tile having enough room for four characters, spaces or punctuation marks) to attach along the borders of the tables. His plan is to offer a prize to whoever can unscramble the tiles to form the story behind Ragnarok.

When the tiles arrive, however, he finds that he has only received 143 of them. Ever the optimist, he decides not to fret about the missing tile and instead alters his contest to award the prize to whoever figures out what four characters would have been etched into the missing tile.

What are the four characters? List them in order, exactly as they would appear on the missing tile.

Last week's prize:

DullahanEgg_zps7d6c7c0c.png

Dullahan Egg

PoringDivider.png

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThe SolutionSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

The answer is EGEN.

You had two routes open to you in this puzzle: either treat it like a literal puzzle and put the tiles together to form the story, or find the source of the story. It can be found on the main iRO site, in the "official" storyline for Ragnarok Online:

Then one day, strange occurrences started happening, breaking the balance that once existed in Midgard. There came a strange howl from the boundaries that divided the humans, God, and demons; creatures began attacking; increasing earthquakes and hail - and...
The mysterious legend of demons...
As the fragile peace began to fall apart, stories about the parts of Ymir, protecting the peace, began to spread among the adventurers. Forgetting the true nature of it, people set out to seek each of the pieces for their own selfishness, and the wealth that would come with it...

144TilesSolved_zpsb0d66490.png

Either way you went about it, once you put the tiles in the correct order you would notice that the missing tile is from the middle of the word "LEGEND". I asked you to submit the answer exactly as it would appear on the tile, and as all letters are uppercase, the answer is EGEN.

(Note: I decided to take pity on you all and accept lowercase answers, since I suppose it couldn't be guaranteed that this terrible tilemaking company wouldn't have messed up the missing tile and made it all lowercase.)

This time around there were 37 correct answers. This week's winners, chosen randomly by survey number, were:

Devichu, Tsuyu, mark2000, Pocky and Inruko!

Congratulations!

(The RNG I use seems to like Pocky immensely, I should add...)

Please check your mail or inventory on the character you listed on the answer page for your prize. Please give Oda at least one week to deliver prizes!

PoringDivider.png

Edited by Ralis, 23 September 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThis Week's BirthdaysSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

Happy Birthday to the Following Players:

9/24 GKnight

9/25 Tenshi143
9/25 InorganicRosiel
9/25 YangeWenli
9/25 keekeebabyy
9/27 Sully
9/27 Machineakuma
9/28 Allysia
9/29 ReconHarry
9/29 ampnket (Amp)
9/30 Tigra

PoringDivider.png

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngArchivesSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

Week 4: A Colorful Conundrum [ 9/10 - 9/16 ]

Week 3: Unlock the Safe [ 9/3 - 9/9 ]

Week 2: As The Kasa Flies [ 8/27 - 9/2 ]

Week 1: Mystery Picture [ 8/20 - 8/26 ]

PoringDivider.png

Edited by Ralis, 23 September 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Please be sure to read the sections with red text! I've made a few changes this week to clarify some rules, and to change some other rules.

Also, on the request of Campitor, a birthday section has been added before the Archives~ Make sure to wish people a happy birthday!

#5 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

gogo pocky!  :p_love:

#6 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

Happy birthday people!!

I have to admit I didn't expect so many good answers.

I bet alot of people already tried checking item id with this week's numbers  :heh:

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

this makes pocky got his 3rd prize

#8 amarande

amarande

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

HAHA...love it ralis...thanks again for the puzzle, answer sent ^_^

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

Completely stumped on this one o.o

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

where in the world...is carmen sandiego?

#11 Inruko

Inruko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Wow pocky..

So now you can freely adjust your entry, meaning there'll be more correct answers.

#12 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Wow pocky..

So now you can freely adjust your entry, meaning there'll be more correct answers.

I don't think it will change the number much, I just think it will let people fix silly mistakes like an incorrect character name or forgetting to round, capitalize, etc.

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

ouch, this should be a breeze and most people should got the answer right

rng god plz halp

#14 amarande

amarande

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

nuuuuu! stick to one answer :3..... no phone a friend no 50/50. makes it more interesting :3 .....

#15 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThe Ralis ConundrumSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

Keep in mind that you only get one try; once you have submitted an answer, it is considered final!

UPDATE: You may now freely adjust your entry until each week's deadline!

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngLast Week's ChallengeSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

[Ad: 143Tiles_zps22861445.png]

SmokieIdea_zps9afed806.pngThe SolutionSmokieConfused_zps942a489a.png

The answer is EGEN.

You had two routes open to you in this puzzle: either treat it like a literal puzzle and put the tiles together to form the story, or find the source of the story. It can be found on the main iRO site, in the "official" storyline for Ragnarok Online:

Then one day, strange occurrences started happening, breaking the balance that once existed in Midgard. There came a strange howl from the boundaries that divided the humans, God, and demons; creatures began attacking; increasing earthquakes and hail - and...
The mysterious legend of demons...
As the fragile peace began to fall apart, stories about the parts of Ymir, protecting the peace, began to spread among the adventurers. Forgetting the true nature of it, people set out to seek each of the pieces for their own selfishness, and the wealth that would come with it...

144TilesSolved_zpsb0d66490.png

Either way you went about it, once you put the tiles in the correct order you would notice that the missing tile is from the middle of the word "LEGEND". I asked you to submit the answer exactly as it would appear on the tile, and as all letters are uppercase, the answer is EGEN.

(Note: I decided to take pity on you all and accept lowercase answers, since I suppose it couldn't be guaranteed that this terrible tilemaking company wouldn't have messed up the missing tile and made it all lowercase.)

This time around there were 37 correct answers. This week's winners, chosen randomly by survey number, were:

Devichu, Tsuyu, mark2000, Pocky and Inruko!

Congratulations!

(The RNG I use seems to like Pocky immensely, I should add...)

Please check your mail or inventory on the character you listed on the answer page for your prize. Please give Oda at least one week to deliver prizes!

PoringDivider.png

To begin with, it makes no sense to allow people to enter as many anwers as they want, with no restrictions. When you say the answers can be "freely" adjusted I hope you mean only the last answer submitted it valid. So it's still one answer per person.

Congrats to the winners! Shocked there were so many correct answers.

Good luck to all this week too!

#16 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

So it's still one answer per person.

Of course.

Shocked there were so many correct answers.

You only needed to Google a few key words and you had everything. Now if Ralis hadn't lifted the entire text, it would have been a different story (pun intended).

Also, video.

#17 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

I did google it. There were many different stories regarding this. I even did word searches & couldn't find the sections containing this. Most of what I found referred to "Norse", etc... It's hard to search a key word when the only one that obviously was, was YMIR ;)

#18 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Yes, you can still only have the one entry at the end of the week... Whatever your last change is is what I'll count.

#19 mark2000

mark2000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

wow i won, but what does dulahalan eat? and where can i hunt a food for it?

#20 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Oda said the food should be in... I don't know what that food is though. @@

#21 5401130525205418080

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Answer sent *o*
:rice: :rice: :rice:

#22 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Oda said the food should be in... I don't know what that food is though. @@

That would be nice since the Dullihan has been out for awhile now. That's one reason I never have been able to use mine.

How many other Pets don't have food?

#23 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I didn't know you could be teleported by typing in a number...j/k :P

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

submitted. this one is easy.

#25 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

Due to the number of complaints about puzzles being too easy, next Weeks's is going to be the hardest one yet~

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users