God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance - Page 5 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
238 replies to this topic

#101 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

Just disable God items in WoE if you're making across the board changes.

I think it's a bit late for any true impact. Nothing was done when God items were being siphoned from other people's hard work.

Multiple sets being able to be made in a seal roll was your [The GMs] fault and is what lead to this.

No one can fault Xellie, she earned what she has. You can't just change the rules now though.

God items do have a bigger impact on Classic, true, but that alone isn't what will deter people from joining, nor do I consider it a major reason.

The server needs to be fun. It's stuck in a monotony that's WoE. It needs to at least be appealing outside of WoE, even if the veterans won't participate.

I can admit things are appealing even if I choose not to participate.

At this point it's a battle of pride. Tolrin and Xellie are both just too invested and they have friends that are loyal to them.

I can almost assure you that hardly any of them log in for more than 6 hours a week.

#102 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

I have to agree with you Myz.

I feel like if all the old and/or overly serious players would all quit it'd be a much better game for a lot more people. As is right now there's nothing fun about it you can barely call it a game. Classic and renewal both have these issues, classic just feels even more stale for me from playing it for so long.

#103 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

Spoiler

_escapingSuperllama__by_MenInASuitcase.g

I'm just here because I edited a potato icon and needed an excuse to use it

~~~carry on~~~

Edited by Cinquine, 20 February 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#104 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

And so much of this could be avoided if the GMs decided to communicate with their userbase.

I don't even think they've so much as looked at this thread in the past day!

#105 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

Some players are just as much to blame as the staff. Pushing lies about such things and the staff shrugging like w/e

#106 lyriell84

lyriell84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

You cant do anything on this server without making people mad... Get some great ideas together and then make a new server with a real road map and fixed rules.

^

This.

You already missed your opportunities with Classic a long time ago and made too many mistakes on the way.

Another server that involves the community from the start or even before that would be a good thing.

#107 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Well, today is a work day and the GMs are still not communicating with users in the thread.

#108 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

It's noon on a Monday, don't you think they have better things to do the first few hours of their first day back after a weekend?

Depending on their work day they may have only been in for like 3 hours at this point.

#109 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Having to edit the classic thread posts is literally taking us away from reading threads and doing the development work that would lead to us having time to talk to you, not to mention the Renewal and general maintenance work we have to do. 

#110 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

It's unreasonable to expect immediate responses on something so big.

If you don't allow them time to think of a concrete solution, everyone will be here complaining again.

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

Having to edit the classic thread posts is literally taking us away from reading threads and doing the development work that would lead to us having time to talk to you, not to mention the Renewal and general maintenance work we have to do. 

Why do you have to read the thread to give explanations in the OP considering that there are no following posts when it is merely an OP?

#112 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

Ban everyone from posting forever.

What do you suggest is the best course of action when people start posting subtle digs or insults at a player or guild? I see a lot of them around and actually just posted one myself earlier which has since been edited out. Should we just report stuff? I try ignore it when I see it, but all it takes is one person to respond and then everyone dives in head first.

#113 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

So far our idea has a two parter solution.

1. God Item Quest Change

Currently the God Item quest kill counts don't reset on failure. This allowed users who have failed creation to be very passive about the next attempt and does not encourage competition in any way.

The Change:

Going forward any new kill counts will be flagged for reset. This would stop rewarding on going failure. For a time there would be guild leaders hanging around who won't be reset until they successfully create. This would cause the creation to really be competitive.

2. Restructuring of WoE

The future domination of WoE by God Items is both a bad and good thing. Players should be able to reap rewards from their efforts. However they should not be able to use those rewards to completely lock out any contenders future participation in WoE.

The Change:

The Current WoE 1 and WoE 2 get merged into the same rules set.

WoE 1 then gets sub divided into a two part WoE that happen at different times.

1. Part 1 is the continued full power WoE: God Items and MVP cards fully allowed

2. Part 2 is a more protected WoE; God Items and MVP cards are disallowed/nerfed 

The realms that are assigned to Part 1 / Part 2 of WoE 1 would then start rotating on a quarterly basis. Treasure boxes would also be rebalanced. By making each WoE event smaller this would encourage competition. New guilds would also be able to participate as they would have the protected WoE to find in.

A secondary option would be to have Both the Protected and full power WoE run at the same time.

#114 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

Uhh... I know your still brainstorming and stuff. But how many WoEs would that be total, it sounds like alot.

#115 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:11 AM

More than 2 WoEs a week will dilute the active population and make things even worse.

Running protected WoE/normal WoE side by side will mean people have to carry 2 gear sets and their chars may become invalidated when they switch realm.

I think that keeping the disabling of items to WoE 2 would be the better idea. It aligns with the way "other" servers are set up too (where people prefer WoE 2 / can't deal with portals). You can learn to fight better in a WoE 2 setting and asprikas/bryns are easier to make than WoE 1 items. So it would be a great stepping stone.

edit: you would have to

- disable mental pots

- keep GR/DR enabled

reason? infinite blues = infinite fists thx 2 bg

Edited by Xellie, 24 February 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#116 lyriell84

lyriell84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

So far our idea has a two parter solution.

1. God Item Quest Change

Currently the God Item quest kill counts don't reset on failure. This allowed users who have failed creation to be very passive about the next attempt and does not encourage competition in any way.

The Change:

Going forward any new kill counts will be flagged for reset. This would stop rewarding on going failure. For a time there would be guild leaders hanging around who won't be reset until they successfully create. This would cause the creation to really be competitive.

2. Restructuring of WoE

The future domination of WoE by God Items is both a bad and good thing. Players should be able to reap rewards from their efforts. However they should not be able to use those rewards to completely lock out any contenders future participation in WoE.

The Change:

The Current WoE 1 and WoE 2 get merged into the same rules set.

WoE 1 then gets sub divided into a two part WoE that happen at different times.

1. Part 1 is the continued full power WoE: God Items and MVP cards fully allowed

2. Part 2 is a more protected WoE; God Items and MVP cards are disallowed/nerfed 

The realms that are assigned to Part 1 / Part 2 of WoE 1 would then start rotating on a quarterly basis. Treasure boxes would also be rebalanced. By making each WoE event smaller this would encourage competition. New guilds would also be able to participate as they would have the protected WoE to find in.

A secondary option would be to have Both the Protected and full power WoE run at the same time.

As much as I like this compromise I'm pretty sure that changing the rules like that won't suddenly cause small guilds to rise up and become stronger and/or cause much change with the current server situation. You will need to do a whole lot of advertising to encourage people to come back. And even then the established guilds will still just roll over the smaller ones. I've actually seen several small/new guilds rising up on different servers through sheer perseverance, not through any game changing updates.

I even was part of one of these guilds on euRo back then when RO was still good, and at that time the big guilds were already established for almost 2 years.

Though I admit this server is a bit different, with all the increased droprates and that kind of -_-.

#117 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

I have a idea but it may be pretty awful, gonna post it anyway.

Take out all the god item pieces from the treasure and replace them with a box that would drop in it's place.

Then the box would give random items like oca/aca, equips, or the god part that dropped from that castle.

0.01% Potato

1.2% to give out god piece

8.6% chance for Aca

16% Oca

24%...chainmail etc

Edited by HikariYari, 24 February 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#118 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Outcome of the Town Hall Type Meeting:

God Item Creation:

Sounds like a good change however there should be a discount for users to restart the event when they already have kill counts.

WoE:

Needs to be reworked and clarified.

This will happen over the next two week.

#119 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Remember to list god item creation and ownership~

#120 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

Here's the archived version if you weren't able to watch live: 

#121 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

After watching that, I've come to notice that half of the stuff I said never actually appeared to Camp's client, and I couldn't see half of what Diarrhea said either. Even a couple things Camp said were clipped.

#122 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

After watching that, I've come to notice that half of the stuff I said never actually appeared to Camp's client, and I couldn't see half of what Diarrhea said either. Even a couple things Camp said were clipped.

yeah idk if other servers have this issue but it happens sometimes. it's most noticeable if i dual and can't see what my first character says on my second character.

what causes this? its generally not too big of a deal but its annoying.

#123 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

yeah idk if other servers have this issue but it happens sometimes. it's most noticeable if i dual and can't see what my first character says on my second character.

what causes this? its generally not too big of a deal but its annoying.

No idea but it definitely doesn't happen on Renewal.

Problem is that a lot of the rationalising statements I made never went through, like with regards to discounting entry with kill counts. Hard to put together an argument if the person making all the decisions can't hear you. Looked like I was just saying random crap to myself ._.

#124 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

inu give us buy shop nothing else matters

#125 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

inu give us buy shop nothing else matters

If I could I would, sadly can't, requires server/client source and lots of documentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users