SoulSight's guide to pvp Dragoon class - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

SoulSight's guide to pvp Dragoon class

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

Greetings everyone,
Earlier I posted a guide to pve Dragoon class, now I am showing you how to play pvp as a dragoon!

Pvp is required basic experience from pve so before you move on, please read this first! I can wait for you.

======

If you go this far, make sure you have understood the system.

* Things you should know

- The differences of pvp comparing with pve

+ Objects move freely.

+ Objects attack you anytime they want.

+ Objects have brain.

+ Objects do not forgive you easily when they have a chance to attack you.

+ You do not kill objects quickly unless of imbalance.

+ No spamming and locking.

+ Release objects when your combo is done!

+ No using HP potion!

+ There is lag walking! The cause is when you knock down or launch objects while objects are rolling.

+ Objects sometimes have superarmor!

- Superarmor is a status that makes oneself endured from many bad effects except pushing, stunning, freezing.

- The more movement speed, the faster air recovery.

- Because you cannot spam, you should be creative to make a LONG combo to maximize your damage and kill objects as quick as possible.

I will elaborate why I choose to build my comb but I will not describe the skills.

I use my elaborated skills in my combo.

This is pure pvp.

All questions are welcomed and answered gladly.

Alright, let's dance.

*Skill building

Warrior

http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000

- Cutdown : Use it from being launched (to counter, interrupt their combo) and to gain superarmor.

- Storm Blade : Damage objects in the air to make your combo longer.

- Sword Dance : Catch objects or make your combo longer (in the middle of combo if you did not use to catch).

- Hammer Crush : Stop objects escape your combo and make your combo longer.

Knight

http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000

- Aerial Smackdown : Escape objects' combo by gaining superarmor or launch objects to make your combo longer.

- Shoulder tackle : Escape objects' combo by gaining superarmor or launch objects to make your combo longer.

- Spear Jab : Catch enemies or interrupt their combo by gaining superamor or damage to make your combo longer.

- Spin it bear! : Damage, launch and keep victims into the air to make your combo longer. It may interrupt objects combo if you are not pushed and objects do not have superarmor.

- Parry : Block to save HP and escape combo. However, it does not change the game significantly due to being nefted.

Paladin

http://irowiki.org/~...500033000000000

- Armor Break : Damage to make your combo longer.

- Joint Break : Damage, slow and launch enemies into the air to make your combo longer. Speed is advantage.

- Weapon Crasher : Damage to make your combo longer.

- Crosscut : Catch enemies or make your combo longer.

- Chain Shield : Damage and keep victims in the air to make your combo longer.

- Mega Storm Blade :  Damage objects in the air to make your combo longer.

- Time Reverse Aura : Get your skills ready faster.

- Recovery Blessing : If you buff Giant Growth then Recovery Blessing, you gain extra 750 hp.

Dragoon

http://irowiki.org/~...500033000105053

- Ascension Dragon : Damage and launch objects into the air to make your combo longer or to gain superarmor.

- Dragon Dive : From the air, damage and launch objects into the air or to gain superarmor (gaining superarmor in this case is rare).

- Awakening Charge :*You already knew*.

Chain combo I use

X X X X Z

X X Z

*My common combo :

- With Time Reverse Aura

+ Spear Jab - run to behind - X X X X Z - Armor Break - Sword Dance - Weapon Crasher - X X Z - Crosscut - Hammer Crush - Joint Break - Spin It Bear! - Chain Shield - 3 air attacks - Cutdown - Ascension Dragon - Dragon Dive - Mega Storm Blade - Cutdown - Storm Blade - (if they are failed to recover) Pressure (there is still 1 quickslot left) - aerial smackdown.

+ Crosscut - run to behind - X X X X Z - Armor Break - X X X X - Spear Jab - Weapon Crasher - X X Z - Sword Dance - Hammer Crush - Joint Break - Spin It Bear! - Chain Shield - 3 air attacks - Cutdown - Ascension Dragon - Dragon Dive - Mega Storm Blade - Cutdown - Storm Blade - (if they are failed to recover) Pressure (there is still 1 quickslot left) - aerial smackdown.

- Without Time Reverse Aura

+ Spear Jab - run to behind - X X X X Z - Armor Break - Sword Dance - Weapon Crasher - X X Z - Joint Break - Crosscut - Spin it Bear! - Chain Shield - 3 air attacks - Cutdown - Ascension Dragon - Dragon Dive - Mega Storm Blade - Cutdown - Storm Blade - (if they are failed to recover) Pressure (there is still 1 quickslot left) - aerial smackdown.

+ Crosscut - run to behind - X X X X Z - Armor Break - Sword Dance - Hammer Crush - Weapon Crasher - Spear Jab - Spin It Bear! -  Chain Shield - 3 air attacks - Cutdown - Ascension Dragon - Dragon Dive - Mega Storm Blade - Cutdown - Storm Blade (if they are failed to recover) Pressure (there is still 1 quickslot left) - aerial smackdown.

*My comment :

- Through many battles, it seems my combo is the longest (for real).

- To perform chain combo perfectly, you're required 190% attack speed.

- It's easily broken if you cannot adjust.

- Time reverse aura cannot be used in Battlesquare, Emporia War so it makes Dragoon players harder to control their combo.

- Armor Break, Weapon Crasher and Joint Break have unwanted animation, press Jump to cancel for saving more time to perform other skills.

*Question I have received so far

- Why don't you skill shoulder tackle 3/5 to damage fallen objects and launch higher.

=> It's up to you, it may cause lag walking.

- Sword Dance's range increases by level, why don't you maximize it to catch easier?

=> It does not increases significantly, you waste your SP a lot instead of other skill. You could use remaining SP for expanded skills like Spear Jab, Spin it Bear! or Hammer Crush.

- Shield Strike does stun, why don't you skill it?

=> Good question! As long as Hammer Crush stuns fallen or standing objects with the same rate. Hammer Crush may cost more than 5 SP but more useful. However, Shield Strike has longer range so it's up to you.

- Impervion brings superarmor, why don't you skill it?

=> This is a not-nice skill, people do not like it so even you win or lose, they may not type gg.

- Revenge brings advantage to caster, why don't you skill it?

=> Same with impervion.

- Why don't you maximize Armor Break to increase more damage and decrease more defense?

=> With level 4 above, Armor Break makes victims fall down which causes lag walking and they will escape your combo.

- Weapon suspension locks objects' from bringing you damage or countering, why don't you skill it?

=> Weapon suspension brings superarmor, victims will escape your combo. Here is the proof : https://youtu.be/hNBuIQ8GmU0

- Why don't you maximize Weapon Crasher to make more damage?

=> With level 5, Weapon Crasher makes victims fall down which causes lag walking and they will escape your combo.

- Why do you maximize Awakening Charge instead of skilling level 1?

=> 2 awakening skills cost 920 gauges; you can charge faster, less mana consumed; people won't wait for you for long.

- Rolling Ground makes good damage and brings superamor, why don't you skill it?

=> I do skill. I rarely cast it. It's easy to be catched after the skill so this is really bad idea. I just use it when objects are against the wall. Secret : Alt + 2 + rolling ground will make you go downward and objects will see you lag walking.

- Can you show your skill tree?

=> http://irowiki.org/~...500033005105053

- *following question* Wow! You have not used all of SP, why do you add so many?

=> I used to waste a lot of SP then i used reset scroll which ended up like this.

Thanks for spending time to read!

Edited by SoulSight, 11 October 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#2 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Cool

#3 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

"Crosscut - run to behind - X X X X Z - Armor Break - X X X X - Spear Jab - Weapon Crasher - X X Z - Sword Dance - Hammer Crush - Joint Break - Spin It Bear! - Chain Shield - 3 air attacks - Cutdown - Ascension Dragon - Dragon Dive - Mega Storm Blade - Cutdown - Storm Blade - (if they are failed to recover) Pressure (there is still 1 quickslot left) - aerial smackdown."

Not too cool. Other stuff I haven't read, so I can't comment on it.

Edit : Nevermind, I'm stupid.

Edited by Homurasan, 05 September 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

Homurasan : How not? I need your feedback.

#5 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

Just being stupid at times, my apologies. Mistook one skill for another.

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

I accept your apologies. Your comments are always welcomed.

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Update

- My apologies that I was distracted writing the guide so i edited it. I fixed the 2nd common combo without time reverse aura.

- I have received more questions

+ You use cutdown twice, it's a spam isn't it?

=> I think it's not as long as you do not use it to damage more than once in combo.

+ The first cutdown makes lag walking, how do you make your combo successfully?

=> It's not a rare case, instead of using 3 air attacks, i suggest using 2 to keep them in the air.

+ After ascension dragon, they escape. How can you do it?

=> This is sensitive. Wait for them being low in the air then cast it. However, you can change the step for full damage : Joint Break -> Ascension Dragon -> Dragon Dive -> Spin it Bear -> Mega Storm Blade -> Cutdown -> Storm Blade (skip off Chain Shield)

=====

I would like to add up some more guides.

My common combo is used on basic, common case; therefore I will tell you how to combo against specific class

- Dragoon : Same skill same strength, how to fight? It will be a battle of adjusting superarmor to gain advantage. Use Spear Jab, Shoulder Tackle to open the combat; Sword Dance, Crosscut to open the combat in range. In conclusion, move wisely; backtabbing is recommended.

- Overlord : This class is aggressive with Incoming Bear, I'm Gone Bear! and Stumblebum. Move diagonally, Aerial Smackdown and Shoulder Tackle is ideal to escape from being caught.

- Invoker : Superarmor does not help with being frozen and cursed; Dragoon is a melee, how to handle it? Learn to dash diagonally with Shoulder Tackle (Hold horizontal arrow - Shoulder Tackle - double tap vertical arrow). This move makes a sudden that objects do not have enough time to react, it's the moment to get close and cast a crosscut for a ranged catch then start the common combo. However, be cautious with blink!

- Sorcerer : a ranged class with annoying move and effect. However, keeping vertical distance for safe move is an option and open combat like Invoker.

- Sentinel : A ranged class with annoying speed, traps and moves. Dragoons obviously lose advantage at speed however, superarmor takes care of this case.  First of all, stay away from the traps, the area is not small; second, do not dash jump; third, protect yourself by spin it bear! and shoulder tackle, they do not have superarmor so spear jab is a good use also.

- Destroyer : The name has told everything. Never ever stay in front of them. Use the diagonal Shoulder Tackle strategy to open combat. There may be painful but less painful than being hit in front of them. And they do not have superarmor either.

- Savage : Final Decision, Rocket Punch, Provoke, Claw Fishing and superarmor make their age! Rocket punch is very dangerous so stay out of sight until they have it cooldown then open combat. Final Decision is a fast close range knock down skill but no superarmor so you can approach wtih Shoulder Tackle and Spear Jab without concern.  However, do not let them provoke you. Claw Fishing has quite short range but when they get you, Shoulder Tackle is a good choice. If you open successfully, you still have to beware of Crazy Soul, they have luck to escape your combo. Good luck with this.

- Ninja : Fast and furious  :an:  They usually stay in ninja form to annoy you with Sky Penetration and Mist Vanish. Spin it bear! may save you. If they do it much to you, you have right to do much with them as well. They only have superarmor with Violent Blow so stay behind! I already talked about Rocket Punch so the best way is to stay vertical distance. Ninja form can help them with cancelling knock down effect so you should play a bit of psychological strike like : If you catch them with Crosscut, be fast handed to cast Spear Jab and Sword Dance, they usually turn off ninja to escape but you are faster. If they do not turn off after 3 skills, launch them into the air and start air combo! They have ability to block but i think it does not impact significantly.

- Earth Master : My apologies for no experience of this.

- Jumeaux : I really do not know because of rare players.

Thanks for spending time to read. When you're done with reading, please give me a feedback!

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Update

Equipment is one of an important part beside skillfulness. Because my guide (simulation) sets lv70 so I just elaborate what you should build up your dragoon at lv70.

> Default costume :

- Pet :

+ Maple - Increase movement speed.

+ 72 Health pet.

- Helmet : Three eyes of Carsharp - Increase health, aim rate and attack damage. 1 work 3 jobs!

- Shoulder : (Rare) Secmathian - This is the only shoulder that increases HP.

- Backpack :

+ Paris' Wings : Increase critical damage. (I do not recommend this because with fully enchanted and soulcraft, weapon without elemental damage will not bring much damage and the wings become unwanted because it does not change significantly)

+ Boost Backpack : Increase movement speed, critical damage and agility (speed is an advantage).

- Top : (Hero) Undead Bone - Increase health.

- Gloves : (Hero) Secmathian - You need a attack speed for your chain combo!

- Weapon : Zauharant (obviously).

- Bottom : (Rare) Secmathian - This bottom has more health than hero one.

- Shoes : (Hero) Secmathian - Speed is an advantage!

- Shield : (Hero) Undead Bone - Increase defense.

* Comment : Players will have a lot of HP by set effect combination of (Hero) Secmathian, (Rare) Secmathian, (Hero) Undead Bone and the helmet. Players also gain a little speed for advantage.

- Belt : Aram's Perseverance - Inrease damage and aim rate.

- Ring : Aram's Perseverance.

- Ring : (Rare) Count Van Cliff - Increase damage.

- Earring : (Rare) Bone Dragon's Earrings - Increase HP, aim rate, attack speed.

- Necklace : Hero sign of Kazeura.

- Medal : Galaxy Expert.

* Comment : With these combination, players gain a lot of HP, some of movement speed and attack speed as an advantage. Aim rate is a little bit necessary.

> IM costume

- Head : whatever (most of this part of equipment are got from event, not every player has an opportunity so i put "whatever". However, HP or movement speed is recommended).

- Necklace : (Hero) Spear Jab - It gives 10% Max HP.

- Helmet : Hermes - Speed is an advantage!

- Shoulder : (Artficat) god - Increase critical damage.

- Top : (Artfact) god - Increase max HP.

- Backpack : Purple wizard wings - Increases movement speed.

- Gloves : (Artifact) god - Increases attack speed.

- Weapon :

+ Unity - Increase health, attack speed and critical rate. (most recommended) 

+ Tuna - Increase aim rate, critical rate and attack speed. (less recommended)

+ Gold Zodiac - Increase health, damage. (less recommended)

+ Water Guardian - Increase health and critical damage. (least recommended)

- Bottom : Fantasy fox - Increase max HP.

- Shoes : (Artifact) god (10% Movement speed soulcraft is recommended) - Increases movement speed.

- Belt : Lovely gold.

- Ring : Jobchange.

- Ring : New origin.

- Earring : (Hero) Recovery Blessing - Increases attack speed.

- Medal : Laptop ballon or Trip Ticket Balloon - Increases movement speed, a little health & agility and aim rate.

- Shield : (Black) Zodiac - Increase damage and health.

* Comment : The (Artifact) god set has to be 2 pieces of 2 sets, I do not mean to activate 3rd and 4th set effect; this ends up 60 health. With this combination, players will again gain a lot of HP (real meaning of dragoon). To balance, the combination also helps with speed.

=> A Dragoon with a lot of health and speed is really perfect with no weakness (it doesn't mean no weak point). Hopefully you master my skill and gain victories to yourself.

Edit : Thanks Agitodesu's feedback.

Edited by SoulSight, 01 November 2015 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users