Valentine's Day Loading Screen Contest! :V - Page 4 - Creative Archive Goldmine - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Valentine's Day Loading Screen Contest! :V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#76 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:36 AM

[Entry withdrawn by artist]

Edited by ROCKheir, 19 January 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#77 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Was just trying to doodle but didn't expect I'd have the zeal to finish this tonight.  :hmm:

IGN: Nefeltein

Server: Chaos

Title: #RelationshipGoals

On board a certain Kunlun Boat after celebrating Lunar New Year in Kunlun, Neferti's headed to Jawaii for a romantic holiday.... Wait WUTTT?! Neferti? Honeymoon in Jawaii?? With whom? Is she even married yet?!?!! Nuuuuuuuuuuu! </3 </3 </3  :wall:

2iivjw0.png

Isn't that's Ragnarok Online 2's official concept art for Jawaii?

#78 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:46 AM

lol it got flipped and blurred, that's it :p_swt:

#79 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:46 AM

wow people can't do things legitly either in game or out...

#80 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

It is. I compared it with the mini map of RO1 Jawaii and it's pretty much the same so I made use of it as a reference. I traced the concept art, btw; is it necessary to add a disclaimer? I'm sure I've seen a lot of fanarts with concept arts of RO maps as their backgrounds, too. If it infringes RO2's copyright, please let me know so I can act accordingly.

#81 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

i'm not an artist but that looks like an exact mirror image of the original.

http://vignette1.wik...=20150701081025

#82 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

i'm not an artist but that looks like an exact mirror image of the original.

http://vignette1.wik...=20150701081025

I told you I traced the art, that's why.

#83 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

then why flip it? is it because the RO2 logo is in the bottom right hand of the original picture?

#84 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

It is. I compared it with the mini map of RO1 Jawaii and it's pretty much the same so I made use of it as a reference. I traced the concept art, btw; is it necessary to add a disclaimer? I'm sure I've seen a lot of fanarts with concept arts of RO maps as their backgrounds, too. If it infringes RO2's copyright, please let me know so I can act accordingly.

You should indicate and credit your source. Referencing is fine, tracing, cut/ copy pasting isn't... :(

I told you I traced the art, that's why.

It's not traced though, I'm an artist, I can tell it, and overlapping them we can see you did make minor edits to the waterfall and clouds and some of the cliff side, everything else is exactly the same. Stroke, color, etc.

Edited by WarlockFier, 16 January 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#85 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

lol that's not a tracing.

#86 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:00 AM

You should indicate and credit your source. Referencing is fine, tracing, cut/ copy pasting isn't... :(

Aight. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just edit my entry's background then. ^^

#87 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

Updated my entry. Special thanks to WarlockFier, Necrohealiac, and KamiKali for critiquing my first submission. Surprisingly enjoyed doing my "own" background this time. ^^

#88 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

dmbl3n.png

Bigger resolution can be found here.

Updated my entry. Special thanks to WarlockFier, Necrohealiac, and KamiKali for critiquing my first submission. Surprisingly enjoyed doing my "own" background this time. ^^

I like this background better than the previous one; which felt a little overwhelming for my eyes with all things to look at, or in other words, it felt like there wasn't really a focal point in my opinion, or one can say there were too many (regardless the background's origins).

This new one, on the other hand, it's more easy on my eyes, and now there are less focal points; so it's less overwhelming to view. I like it.

I wish I could do water and clouds like that lol or backgrounds in general ./desp

#89 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

You should probably indicate that the Monkey drawing on the boat wasn't done by you too.. I don't think you needed that there at all just to stick with the theme.

http://www.123rf.com...als-illust.html

This is watermarked, so it's copyrighted by someone. Rockheir you are an amazing artist, I can tell it. But please refrain from taking art works from others that aren't yours and use it as your own without crediting the sources. I'm pretty sure if someone takes your art work and use it as their own to submit it into a contest you would not be happy with it as well.

#90 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

I like this background better than the previous one; which felt a little overwhelming for my eyes with all things to look at, or in other words, it felt like there wasn't really a focal point in my opinion, or one can say there were too many (regardless the background's origins).

This new one, on the other hand, it's more easy on my eyes, and now there are less focal points; so it's less overwhelming to view. I like it.

I wish I could do water and clouds like that lol or backgrounds in general ./desp

I realized that too thats why I should credit them for pointing out my wrongs. Thanks, Akreis! ^^

You should probably indicate that the Monkey drawing on the boat wasn't done by you too.. I don't think you needed that there at all just to stick with the theme.

http://www.123rf.com...als-illust.html

This is watermarked, so it's copyrighted by someone. Rockheir you are an amazing artist, I can tell it. But please refrain from taking art works from others that aren't yours and use it as your own without crediting the sources. I'm pretty sure if someone takes your art work and use it as their own to submit it into a contest you would not be happy with it as well.

Ah this one too! Aight. I'll just make own monkey logo or just do away with it altogether then. Thanks again, Fier! ^^

#91 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

You're always ought to leave any reference you take whether you're writing, or drawing. 

Edited by CharAznable, 16 January 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#92 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

You're always ought to leave any reference you take whether you're writing, or drawing.

Right! My bad.

#93 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

Here's mine! I went with the lunar new year theme and did a parody of the "See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil" monkeys featuring my Arch Bishop, Sura and Royal Guard!

Pav5yz8.png

IGN: Ballsy

#94 ganymedez

ganymedez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

tumblr_o16i8cNjNC1rhjwmho1_1280.png

IGN: Lake
Server: Thor

I'd love Bacon headgear low

"Clogs your arteries
agi -20"

I can remove the words and frame is2g it's hideous haha

Edited by ganymedez, 19 January 2016 - 08:06 PM.

#95 MMORPGreat

MMORPGreat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

Was just trying to doodle but didn't expect I'd have the zeal to finish this tonight.  :hmm:

On board a certain Kunlun Boat after celebrating Lunar New Year in Kunlun, Neferti's headed to Jawaii for a romantic holiday.... Wait WUTTT?! Neferti? Honeymoon in Jawaii?? With whom? Is she even married yet?!?!! Nuuuuuuuuuuu! </3 </3 </3  :wall:

5bai41.png

Is it just me, or is your artwork getting better everytime you make a new one? Anyway, great work! as always. And how gracious of you to accept the faults pointed out by our friends here. Although to me, the background and monkey thingy are just minor parts of the piece to fuss so much about, people are missing out on the highlight of your art imho. At any rate, I like this entry Rockheir. And your attitude too in handling your detractors. Keep up the good work!  :thumb:

#96 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:26 AM

Aw. Many good thanks! All good bro! ^^

#97 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

Is it just me, or is your artwork getting better everytime you make a new one? Anyway, great work! as always. And how gracious of you to accept the faults pointed out by our friends here. Although to me, the background and monkey thingy are just minor parts of the piece to fuss so much about, people are missing out on the highlight of your art imho. At any rate, I like this entry Rockheir. And your attitude too in handling your detractors. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Nice alt account whoever you are.

#98 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

Is it just me, or is your artwork getting better everytime you make a new one? Anyway, great work! as always. And how gracious of you to accept the faults pointed out by our friends here. Although to me, the background and monkey thingy are just minor parts of the piece to fuss so much about, people are missing out on the highlight of your art imho. At any rate, I like this entry Rockheir. And your attitude too in handling your detractors. Keep up the good work!  :thumb:

Hey, welcome to the forums! It's a bit unorthodox to have this as your first post on the forums and I'm SURE that you're not someone's alt account. Because it would be INCREDIBLY embarrassing if I could point out whose account you are linked to by IP, IF you were an alt. 

lywLXdV.gif

#99 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

5bai41.png

The idea and the design is awesome. Best entry so far :p_idea: :p_hi:

#100 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hey, welcome to the forums! It's a bit unorthodox to have this as your first post on the forums and I'm SURE that you're not someone's alt account. Because it would be INCREDIBLY embarrassing if I could point out whose account you are linked to by IP, IF you were an alt. 

lywLXdV.gif

m7uakm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users