Soul Hunter and Defiler Upcoming Skill Changes - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Soul Hunter and Defiler Upcoming Skill Changes

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

24yblup.jpg

Soul Hunters developed spiritual abilities to use vicious magic that exploit their enemies' psychological weaknesses. They specialize in cursing and weakening their foes, but are physically weak.

Soul Hunter use their curses for both short and long distance attacks, and are adept at disrupting their enemies' spiritual stability. The curse property DOT attack constantly depletes the victim's HP, making him easy to defeat with a strong, finishing attack.

Soul_Hunter_Attack_of_Curse.gif

Attack of Curse : This skill has beed removed due to being too overpowered as the level 1 Soul Hunter Pew Pew. This skill allowed Soul Hunter to solo most RAIDs and have an incredibly high survivability in both PvP and PvE.

Soul_Hunter_Bloody_Arrow.gif

Bloody Arrow : This skill becomes the new level 1 pew pew of Soul Hunter. The Cooldown has been changed to 1 second. The skill is much more balanced and more in line compared to other casters.

Soul_Hunter_Blessing_of_Wind.gif

Blessing of Wind : This skill has been one of the most useless buffs in the last years due to the poor amount of Evasion it was doing.

The Evasion values has been increased and a new movement speed additional bonus has been given to this skill, increasing speed by 0.5 m/s at max level.

Soul_Hunter_Vampiric_Touch.gif

Vampiric Touch : As most of the community suggested, the amount of DNA that this skill needed was too much.

That's why the skill has been changed to a NATURAL 8 Seconds Cooldown and the DNA for shorter Cooldown has been removed.

Soul_Hunter_Arrhythmia.gif

Arrhythmia : This skill wasn't really defining the class Soul Hunter that is a rather squishy class ("physically weak"), as a result the skill has been removed.

SH_Magic_Mastery%28Curse%29.jpg

Magic Mastery (Curse) : The passive skill wasn't really much used because it had very poor values on Soul Hunter.

This skill has been moved to Defiler Tree and the values has been increased (will increase 10% curse damage like tempest elec passive, and will keep the static damage too).  

This change will make the skill in line with other "top" DPS casters passives.

Soul_Hunter_Binding_Soul.gif

Soul Binding : As most players suggested, this skill has been moved to Soul Hunter Class and becomes useful for both Soul Hunter and Dominator Class too. Although the 4 seconds stun at max level has been reduced to 3 seconds due to being too strong as 4 second stun, especially for the Defiler class.

Defilers can control both the bodies and minds of their enemies. They use phantoms in conjunction with psychological exploitation to assume a great deal of control over their foes. Defilers can also absorb an enemy's HP to restore their own.

Defilers can disrupt and attack their enemies with their de-buff abilities and wide range DOT attacks. They can confuse and weaken multiple enemies at once.

Defiler_Trap_of_Stiffness.gif

Trap of Stiffness : This skill had a slight increase on Cooldown (from 30 to 40 seconds) due to being too overpowered and  spammable, especially in Battlefield. But it retains its full potential, duration and range considering it is the defining skill for Defiler.

Defiler_Ataxic_Pulse.gif

Ataxic Pulse : This skill had way too much potential in RAIDs (and very low potential in normal pvp/pve). As result, the skill has been removed.

Example.jpg

Fata Morgana? : New "Anti-taunt" skill for Defiler (it will reduce aggro toward a mob/boss). This skill will be very useful in RAIDs, making the Defiler able to constantly damage the RAID without getting too much aggro. "NOT SURE YET".

Note : This are only a part of the skill changes and are expected to change based on players feedback.

Due to various changes to class skills, all classes will have their Skills and  DNA reset (and the UJC NPC will be avaiable at Nova Lux).

Edited by Kazara, 17 August 2016 - 03:23 AM.

#2 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

that new skill is a quiet bit useless in my opinion, but the rest sounds good so far for me

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

that new skill is a quiet bit useless in my opinion, but the rest sounds good so far for me

That skill was Helium idea, but who knows, it will do also damage as far as I know =)

#4 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

still a bit useless :P
besides i dont think Terms of Service needs to get changed, it got 30 sec cooldown and 10 sec duration and a cast time of 2 sec
sakers chaos totem got 30 sec cd, 28sec duration and 1,5sec cast time so i really dont see there a reason to change Terms of Service

#5 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

meh *Trap Of Stiffness

#6 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

still a bit useless :P
besides i dont think Terms of Service needs to get changed, it got 30 sec cooldown and 10 sec duration and a cast time of 2 sec
sakers chaos totem got 30 sec cd, 28sec duration and 1,5sec cast time so i really dont see there a reason to change Terms of Service

You mean 14 second duration
Can stun you for 17 seconds
And can perma stun for that entire duration
Right, because that compares to a chaos totem that usually fears players out of its range and is broken by being hit or a dot.

Both need to be nerfed
Luckily Terms of Service is worse and getting nerfed first

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

You mean 14 second duration
Can stun you for 17 seconds
And can perma stun for that entire duration
Right, because that compares to a chaos totem that usually fears players out of its range and is broken by being hit or a dot.

Both need to be nerfed
Luckily Terms of Service is worse and getting nerfed first

Totally agree, the stun from trap of stiffness is way more deadly than the fear from chaos totem, and defiler can easily put 2 AOEs in it while forsaker only one...Trap of Stiffness also let other players kill much more easily the targets affect by stun.

Edited by Kazara, 16 August 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#8 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

skills are not the Problem , cad/scad is.

don`t forget there are heals vs stuns and CC 

the balance from scad/cad is just way out of the roof

Edited by SandySandman, 16 August 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#9 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

skills are not the Problem , cad/scad is.

don`t forget their are heals vs stuns and CC

the balance from scad/cad is just way out of the roof

Aoes doing full damage to all targets is a problem too

#10 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

that was just a comparison about the cd/cast time and duration cause ppl say trap of stiffness if spammable (besides temps aoe is spammable), well, the skill says 10 and 14 sec, just sadly the most time ppl run out of it or a warlord use hush and ur trap wont do anything in that time.
And ya, for farming that CD is good dont need to get changed, ppl just QQ about it cause of PvP/PK
Btw,
1st. ppl QQ'ed about AoC double dmg ( i understand that)

2nd. ppl QQ'ed about Heal of AoC (and i agree with them)
and now ppl QQ about Trap Of Stiffness, so what will be the next skill that needs to get nerfed ?
Oh, and before nerfing Trap Of Stiffness it would be smarter to nerf Elementalists and Warlords.
Cause in my opinion it doesnt makes sense that 1 single WL can ruin a FoC.

#11 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

ixxmer09 I understand your point of view but I have to agree with people saying Terms of Service is too strong, 30 seconds CD is more than pathetic CD for its potential.

I don't think this is an absurd nerf to Terms of Service, it retain the potential of the skill, they just won't be able to Terms of Service+ AOEs every 30 seconds. Defiler as now is absurdly strong in pvp, and I know it especially because Defiler is my main character and I battlefield with it almost everyday...and it's not good to compare it with elementalist and WLs because we all know those classes are extremely OP, this time was defiler turn, next time will be elem and then WL.

The point of this skill changes is mostly to take all the classes to a similar level, and in the process it may look like "oh look, Elem is a -_- god class and they nerfing defiler first!!!", but it's just a part of the big plan. Also we choose to balance first Soul Hunter mostly because it had both one of the strongest and one of the weakest second job classes.

P.S : Don't think it's even that big of change...is actually from 30 seconds to 40 seconds ^^

Edited by Kazara, 16 August 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#12 1959150309192446627

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIn the Farplane
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

i think is better to remove invisibility, and make Bleesing of the wind +15 targets+higher mana cost+more cooldown+leess duration... like 2 mins only.
remove mana drain.
make Curse Mastery % inc as it was ather the rework and move it on Dominator.
and TADA!, we got a new awesome class.

#13 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Hey guys, make sure to check Dominator changes too, I've posted them in a different topic : https://forums.warpp...-skill-changes/

#14 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

Aoes doing full damage to all targets is a problem too

yep, thats why i keep repeating solo dps should do more dmg.

#15 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

from 30 to 40, well thats ok xD

#16 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

from 30 to 40, well thats ok xD

That's why I said "slight" increase on CD hehe =)

#17 Hercule15

Hercule15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:PkServer with safezone

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

removing  aoc is  stupid ...  oh  defi soloing raids ? a nice geared mystic can ... any damn toon with a radi can  solo raids it's not the point that's  killing the  class again ... every class (well  not all) have a revamp  skill and VT 8 sec... won't save defi much i'd say if u rly wanna  -_- defi's badly mb push the  dc of aoc to 3-4  sec sounds fair and rest ... it's  not that bad i  mean  with -_-  load of defis in your team it doesn't matter this 10  sec more  but  i have a sugg.  how abt make that stealing mana  a party skill as  if  u recover  he MP to your party ... no  class have  such thing it would be nice and  specially for mana build radis and  stun  back  to    3 sec well yeah Terms of Service is 2 sec so  let's say u have delay  u're  rly -_- up mb make Terms of Service 1.5  sec  i mean  sleep is  near insta with buff  and  elem also  without buff hell even mystic/forzy 

#18 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

Hercule15 : Idk what -_- are you saying but a mystic for sure can't solo Voxyon or MG LOL. Your 3 sec CD idea would only totally kill the class and especially domi. You wanna make Terms of Service 1.5 sec cast srsly? So I can directly Terms of Service in ur face in no time? Jeez... And wtf mystic do? Mystic has huge CC now?LOL and elem?! Idk what -_- are you saying really lol, learn the classes first...^^

Edited by Kazara, 16 August 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#19 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

well, usually you could also give AoC just the cd of bloody arrow and bloody arrow the cd of aoc that would be also a good way to solve that problem

#20 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

well, usually you could also give AoC just the cd of bloody arrow and bloody arrow the cd of aoc that would be also a good way to solve that problem

That problem? What problem, that defiler won't be able to solo RAID or to heal over 3k each sec?

#21 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

well, as Hercule said, a goo mystic can also solo raids, maybe nerf the heals ? :P

besides with problem i mean the ppl that QQ a bit much :P

#22 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

well, as Hercule said, a goo mystic can also solo raids, maybe nerf the heals ? :P

besides with problem i mean the ppl that QQ a bit much :P

Oh right. Yeah many of them changed to defiler because it was extremely OP after skill changes, they would QQ even if Blessing of Wind get 0.1 sec more CD xD And...defiler can solo way stronger RAIDs as now ^^

Edited by Kazara, 16 August 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#23 Hercule15

Hercule15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:PkServer with safezone

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

rolf  a  fkn  mystic  can  heal  600+  per  tick so  yeah  mb  learn  other  class  i'd say  or even  fight them 1v1  without pb  ...  this thing isn't the  point  and yeah  u're totally killing  the class  with that thing ... there's a  fkn point they pushed  from 3 sec  to 4  sec mb ? and  any1  can  solo  raids  with  radi in  team and defi with  vox ?  post  a  vid. of a defi soloing  them  without  a  single pot and  u win ;)

#24 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

well, the real OP Mystics are still Mystics :P
and better check how many ppl were playing elem before and now :P

#25 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

i would also like to see a defi solo the hard bosses like MG,AoS,Voxy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users