[Creative Contest] Ragnarok's Got Talent! - Page 3 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Creative Contest] Ragnarok's Got Talent!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
249 replies to this topic

#51 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

@CmASTRa wheres your response gurl?
I want some cute clutch headgears.

Like Costume Versions of headgears like :Rabbit Bonnet, Heart Ribbon Hairband, Shaman Hair Decoration, Banana Beret something new and nice and rare like omfg gurl

I know I for one gonna make a fool of myself, but I'm determined for a nice headgear

#52 sirAJ

sirAJ

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

Umm homegirl Astra,

them awards basic as hell.

Video Category Prize
The four Video winners will receive the Costume Imp Hat!

GURL THIS IS NEW BUT I WOULD NOT WANT TO WIN THIS :I
Visual Art Category Prize
Visual Art winners for Best Execution, Most Unique Concept, Most Hilarious, and Judges' Favorite will win a Costume: Very Cute Doll Hat!
THIS IS OKAY ISH.

Music Category Prize
The four Music category winners will receive the Costume: Singing Bird!
 THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED ; I CAN GET THIS FROM RAGIAL.COM or OLD COSTUME BOX.

Writing Category Prize
The four winners for the Writing category will receive the Costume: Flapping Angeling!
GURL I COULDA GOT THIS FROM FISHING!
Video Category Prize

LOL you funny yaguh!

For real tho, I was expecting this to be a grand contest showcasing our talents and love for RO.

I'm expecting a prize that when you use it and people ask "what is that?",

you can proudly say

"It's a rare one, I got it from joining RO got talent event. You should join WP events, they have great prizes."

Next time they should atleast release prizes early, so we know what we get and don't have to waste our time.

Man, all that rapping for nothing. LOL

#53 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

These prizes are recycled crap and why should they be different per category? Some people here put in insane effort and these prizes reflect poorly on those efforts.
I know that this is a contest to showcase talent, but I am pretty sure that most people entered hoping to win a prize.

The participation prizes are also just boring things recycled from previous lucky boxes too.

+1 why is it different per category?

Umm homegirl Astra,
them awards basic as hell.

Video Category Prize

GURL THIS IS NEW BUT I WOULD NOT WANT TO WIN THIS :I

Visual Art Category Prize
Visual Art winners for Best Execution, Most Unique Concept, Most Hilarious, and Judges' Favorite will win a Costume: Very Cute Doll Hat!
THIS IS OKAY ISH.

Music Category Prize
The four Music category winners will receive the Costume: Singing Bird!
 THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED ; I CAN GET THIS FROM RAGIAL.COM or OLD COSTUME BOX.

Writing Category Prize
The four winners for the Writing category will receive the Costume: Flapping Angeling!
GURL I COULDA GOT THIS FROM FISHING!

Video Category Prize

Hi Astra! Please change the prizes :p_sick:
They are very..... very... very! disappointing.. I've joined the community for 1 year+ now and this is by far the most OMG prize list I've seen for the creative contest. I've won several prizes from the past and it's all amazing compared to this (even the participation prizes are still very amazing). I've received prizes that are worth cheapest: 250m for participation prizes to the most expensive of people selling them for 3b+ zenny. This contest is coming from the WP team and I miss Myzery & Dawnte's contest compared to this :S Personally I joined these kind of creative contests to collect rare HGs (with my name on it!). In my opinion, all of the prizes are very standard and is a cheapskate....

I'm in the middle of making something really cool (at least for me) which I put a lot of effort (and maybe time consuming) but now it's just very discouraging  :pif:

Edited by juanitainez, 15 July 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#54 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

Plot twist: CM Astra farmed them ony by one by sniping ragial and hunting MCA

#55 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

idea for music prizes:

- Mermaid Headphone (https://www.divine-p...rmaid-headphone)

- Musical Decoration (https://www.divine-p...ical-decoration)

#56 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:39 AM

idea for music prizes:

- Mermaid Headphone (https://www.divine-p...rmaid-headphone)

- Musical Decoration (https://www.divine-p...ical-decoration)

Those are interesting ideas! I don't mean to be picky, but we can all agree that something that only happens once a year deserves more than a 10m costume you force your AFK vendor to wear. Even the older costume prizes would be cool (i.e. the Sakura Coronet, or the Artist Hat). Totally not hinting at anything here.  :pif:

#57 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:02 AM

Hello

I don't want the prize you're offering (for your "Ultimate [Writing] Competition"). I'd like to withdraw my entry which is post post #28 right now.  

[Removed portion of post, Thank you for the report, this portion is now noted in a PM]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 July 2017 - 08:05 AM.
Noted.

#58 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

Its a real let down

#59 nagichu

nagichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

Can't we somehow get away from Costume prizes for this particular event? I had plans to submit a music entry where I require to spend hours reading music sheets and I'm hesitant about posting now.

Just a suggestion with prizes:

- Gears (Autumn Headband, Heart Wing Head Band, a simple God Item like Asprika might even suffice)
- Zeny Prize pool (a huge sum of zeny to be distributed the to the winners and a few zeny to the participants)

- Allowing an existing character to earn 10 base levels or 10 job levels (I could skip a couple of bio runs from this lol)
- VIP

It seems like people would feel more competitive this way and maybe other hidden talents might actually participate for very rewarding prizes. RO isn't just about costumes. It's also a game where we 
demonstrate skill and manage a virtual life. 

Edited by nagichu, 15 July 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#60 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

VIP and raw WPE were the rewards on some contests before is it not good now? Cause the reward for writing is well....

A lil bit offensive :(

#61 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to pop in and explain a few things. I put a requirement on Astra that we start moving away from super rare items/costumes for event rewards due to some bad activity we were seeing with loading screen and other creative contests. Over the last few years these contests has morphed from something fun and creative to a zeny generation technique for certain bad actors. You may have noticed that when we first started this transition there were some users who continually tried to submit any old image ripped from the internet as their loading screen contests. It was just cheapening the contest experience for everyone and making these events into a farce.

Now you all put a lot of work into this contest and I failed you by not making more non-transferable reward options available to Astra. I opened up those options for her so she will be posting soon with what she shes decided.

#62 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

Loading screen aint as special as this =(, this is 14th birthday of the beloved iro

###

Anyway hope changes are made

#63 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to pop in and explain a few things. I put a requirement on Astra that we start moving away from super rare items/costumes for event rewards due to some bad activity we were seeing with loading screen and other creative contests. Over the last few years these contests has morphed from something fun and creative to a zeny generation technique for certain bad actors. You may have noticed that when we first started this transition there were some users who continually tried to submit any old image ripped from the internet as their loading screen contests. It was just cheapening the contest experience for everyone and making these events into a farce.

Now you all put a lot of work into this contest and I failed you by not making more non-transferable reward options available to Astra. I opened up those options for her so she will be posting soon with what she shes decided.

Oda and I put in a lot of effort when it came to choosing prizes. Sometimes I did the choosing myself, but I have never had anyone upset about their prizes.
I would gladly help you pick out something appropriate for these contests if you want. People in these contests typically don't enter to sell them and just something more unique than old lucky box headgears would suffice.

It's also good practice to let people know of the prizes decently early into the contest because for some it'll just not be worth it. Participation prizes are fine when they are blind because it discourages prize grabbing a bit more.

Overall, these events should be fun and rewarding. It's great advertisement for Gravity and WP.

#64 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hey everyone! Thanks for your feedback. And thanks Camp for the explanation, I really appreciate it.

After reading your responses and talking with Camp about what was possible for you all, I went ahead and added a few bonus prizes for the winners that should really match the effort being put in!

Bonus Prizes
In addition to the costumes, Grand Prize Winners will also receive:
- 3 Months VIP
- Exclusive Winner's Title (Renewal only)

What's the Winner's Title?
It's a special title you'll be given in-game as a winner of this contest, and you'll be able to equip it on your character just like how you equip titles given to you from the rest of the Achievement System. This is a pretty new thing we're still testing out and were planning to roll out later, but I'm excited for the opportunity to use it now!

Details on the actual title will be posted later :)

Deadline Extension
Additionally, I decided to extend the deadline of this contest to July 31, 11:59PM PDT. I know you were all waiting on the prizes, and since I posted them so late I thought it'd be fair to give everyone more time to put in their work.

Costume Prizes
There were concerns about the Costume Flapping Angeling being the same one from the Fishing Event. It was definitely supposed to be a completely different costume, that's what it was marked down as for us, so we'll look into it and see what happened there.

Improper Entries
If you recognize any entries that are improper, like plagiarized or recycled entries, please let me know right away.

If you have any more questions, comments, or suggestions, please let us know. Thank you!

#65 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

Allow the winners to pick which one of the 4 grand prizes they want please  :ok:

#66 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, allowing the winner to pick a prize would be good. Or make them all the same as visual art prize.

Different prizes are generally a bad idea because some winners will feel like they lost.

#67 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Holy son of a..... man I want that tile xD time to make illustrations to make my submission just a lil bit more appealing

#68 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

I'll consider those two options for the costumes and come back to y'all later!

#69 chrisbam77

chrisbam77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Entry Title: RoMix
Category: Music
RO Character Name: chrisbam77
Server: Renewal Chaos
Desired Participation Prize: Red CC Hat

Submission: 

Details:
Spoiler

All recordings and compositions are my property and were created for this contest.

#70 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hey Folks,

Campitor, just like the fishing quest, you're letting a few players dictating how you're making certain decisions to prevent abuse. You should be going after these players and set limitations against them and not try for a band-aid approach for everyone.

If profiting from contests is your concern, the simple answer is bind on account. Most people who do enter wants to win exclusive hats that they want to show off their friends (such as home cherry blossom, sakura hat, artist hat, etc).

To be honest, let Astra do her thing. I'm sure she wasn't happy about the prize choices either, considering she actually use to play RO.

@Astra, you should communicate with people like Myzery to help you determine what are popular headgears that girls would want. He know these things and he had helped Oda decide on great prizes before. Consider asking for his suggestions for prizes and making hats account bound to prevent "zeny generation."

Edited by Demeris, 15 July 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#71 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

It actually makes no sense that you guys make it by category. You are just forcing players to make contents based on the category's prize rather than allowing players to make the content based on the "talent" (which is the whole ordeal with this creative contest). It's bad enough that the prize are kinda meh and repeated but not allowing to pick makes it even worse. 

#72 sirAJ

sirAJ

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

Allow the winners to pick which one of the 4 grand prizes they want please  :ok:

Yes. Please. After all that effort, I can't fathom that I can possibly win a Costume Singing Bird. LOL

#73 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

Wait so are the headgears getting changed?
Can I request for it on RE:Start?
@Astra @Campitor

#74 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hi Camp & Astra, if you are concerned about zenny generator point; as long as the grand prize is rare enough and it is something that is new I personally don't even mind if it's acc bound. But please make it more rewarding... Or ask Myzery to help choose!!

#75 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Myzery-senpai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users