Dazzling Winter Festivities October Costume Contest - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Dazzling Winter Festivities October Costume Contest

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Aura

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

:p_idea:
Should keep you warm enough, while you watch your clannies fall on the ice!

33crcs0.png

Edited by Cortiz, 23 October 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#27 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

I'm really digging that mistletoe head gear!

First design of two that I came up with :)

IGN: PrimR0SE

Costume Name: Bows n' Mistletoe

Plaid bow tie on male version

Dazzling_Winter_Festivities_-_sidebyside

#28 8376140715025530087

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Excuse me and my brother guys for not designing fancy and dazzling stuff, we dont really like it and the game has lots of it. IMO
anyways when i think of winter i think about Cold and Ice so here goes.. with a little bit of inspiration from s4 league

IGN: PasaWayRebornV2
Costume Name: Cyber Ice Dragon

tpSgXsu.jpg

will probably be the most wanted and expensive lucky spin again like your angelic Demon.. Hmmm. I want IT!

Edited by 8376140715025530087, 23 October 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#29 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm really digging that mistletoe head gear!

I agree. The females in Junon will have to be careful when guys start running around with mistletoe on their heads :P

#30 xOwenKim

xOwenKim

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:Tweety
  • LocationMars
  • Server:Sea Cancer

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

IGN: miyukie

Costume name: Snowing

22812700_1871366219544342_1575072591_o_z

#31 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

IGN: NoNameRequired
Costume Name: Assassin Hoodie

HwU0q4i.jpg

Edited by MarK1789, 23 October 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#32 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

Can we instantiate a rule that recycling entries within 3 months doesn't qualify as a valid entry? 

I mean seriously, if people [and I don't mean this as an insult either] can't understand their entry wasn't selected as a winner because other more suitable work was chosen, or due to the pieces themselves being non-feasible or not suitable for ROSE, then why should they be allowed to post, and repost them repeatedly until they've been selected by default due to a lack of qualifying entries. 

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to the artists and I'm not saying the entry's are garbage, but this is exactly what I've been saying about these monthly contests for months now, a lack of effort. And don't even try to tell me that pasting the same design several months in a row isn't exemplifying a lack of effort. Not even a lawyer could spin that nonsense into a believable defense. 

Sorry for the negative theme of the post, but after 2 posts of repeat entry's already, I feel it's necessary to nip this in the bud before it gets worse. 

#33 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Can we instantiate a rule that recycling entries within 3 months doesn't qualify as a valid entry? 

I mean seriously, if people [and I don't mean this as an insult either] can't understand their entry wasn't selected as a winner because other more suitable work was chosen, or due to the pieces themselves being non-feasible or not suitable for ROSE, then why should they be allowed to post, and repost them repeatedly until they've been selected by default due to a lack of qualifying entries. 

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to the artists and I'm not saying the entry's are garbage, but this is exactly what I've been saying about these monthly contests for months now, a lack of effort. And don't even try to tell me that pasting the same design several months in a row isn't exemplifying a lack of effort. Not even a lawyer could spin that nonsense into a believable defense. 

Sorry for the negative theme of the post, but after 2 posts of repeat entry's already, I feel it's necessary to nip this in the bud before it gets worse. 

the rule makes sense.. its just that the last two theme are almost the same or are related to cold weather so why not resubmit them? and its not being lazy or lack of effort.. we do want our costume in-game so as long as we are not breaking the rules and there is no rule implemented about resubmitting entries we will submit our designs not because we lack effort but we want our designs to have a chance to be implemented in-game

Edited by DopeL, 24 October 2017 - 02:28 AM.

#34 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

Fall / Autumn and Winter Festivities are two completely different themes. They're actually two completely different seasons as well. So stating they're almost the same is a cop out at minimum. The themes are not the same, and it is a lack of effort. Now, I fully understand wanting to have your designs in game, but resubmitting one costume from one theme to another months theme without any editing, or at minimal editing of changing 1 color, is not something that should be allowed, at least, not month after month after month. 

If it is allowed, then be prepared for the number of 'new' submissions to plummet to almost nothing as people resubmit entries from the last almost 2 years on repeat until it's selected as a consolation pick. 

I will pose this one question though.

Do you really want your costume in-game due to shamelessly re-entering it over and over until it's selected because there just wasn't any better options? Or, do you want it to be selected because the community wants it?

Personally, I prefer my entries to be selected because my fellow gamers want them as much as I do. It's a badge of honor to have your ideas desired by your community to such a degree that a company will adopt them. Which is why I've never re-submitted an entry. If it lost, then I consider it as having not been what the community wanted to see. Or, in some cases, not good enough. 

#35 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:56 AM

Do you really want your costume in-game due to shamelessly re-entering it over and over until it's selected because there just wasn't any better options? Or, do you want it to be selected because the community wants it?

Ahm frankly yes.. yeah i know LOL,

I got your point dude.. and yeah it makes a lot of sense but as long as there will be no rule against it i will resubmit my design for my own taste of fashion and not because the community wants it(cause only a few uses forums anyways and majority here have the same taste of costume), Well since this has been opened up i expect the rule to be implemented now... but yeah until then i will continue to do it along with another new design.. the costume fits the theme anyways, its not like i will resubmit my design that does not fit the theme

Edited by DopeL, 24 October 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#36 TWYLlGHT

TWYLlGHT

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

IGN: Twylight

Costume Name: Winter Sparkles

Winter_Sparkles.jpg

#37 8376140715025530087

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Or, do you want it to be selected because the community wants it?

Just curious... Is this how costumes are selected? through upvotes? cause im pretty sure only like 10 people uses the forums and they are all friends with each other so they just upvote each other's entry. And yeah like what Dopel said they pretty much have the same taste in costumes.. the formal looking costumes.. like clothes that people actually wear regularly in real life

Edited by 8376140715025530087, 28 October 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#38 Nirvany

Nirvany

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:ysxzvl
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

Just curious... Is this how costumes are selected? through upvotes? cause im pretty sure only like 10 people uses the forums and they are all friends with each other so they just upvote each other's entry. And yeah like what Dopel said they pretty much have the same taste in costumes.. the formal looking costumes.. like clothes that people actually wear regularly in real life

Tbh, no

#39 Nirvany

Nirvany

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

HAHHAA_zpsza3exdid.png

A friend just gave a suggestion to make a nutcracker, omg the disclaimer on the mask though...

#40 ninmaru099

ninmaru099

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

IGN: Ninmaru

Costume Name: Radiant Icy-Breeze

xwinxterx.jpgxxwinxterxx.jpg

Edited by ninmaru099, 01 November 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#41 DeeAhh

DeeAhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Theme: Dazzling Winter Festivities

IGN: ferlette

CN: Blinding Spark

Holiday_Spark.jpg

#42 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Hello Everyone! 

I am so excited to see so many amazing entries once again! I did want to take some time to address the topic of resubmitting designs from past Costume Contest. After discussing with other CMs, I have come to the decision that from here forward we will not be allowing the re-submission of past entries. They can still be posted within the topic as we do want to welcome all designs (even if they do not fit the theme) but they will not be submitted for judging. The rules have been amended to reflect this. 

We thank you for your understanding! 

#43 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hello Everyone! 

I am so excited to see so many amazing entries once again! I did want to take some time to address the topic of resubmitting designs from past Costume Contest. After discussing with other CMs, I have come to the decision that from here forward we will not be allowing the re-submission of past entries. They can still be posted within the topic as we do want to welcome all designs (even if they do not fit the theme) but they will not be submitted for judging. The rules have been amended to reflect this. 

We thank you for your understanding! 

so this rule will apply on this dazzling winter event?

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:25 AM

uuuuh yea. Thems the rules. 

#45 Yulric

Yulric

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

IGN:Yulric

CN: Lunar Noble

PS: recommend me some photoshop that is free and convenient to use please.....7ICV0aS.jpg

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:48 AM

@Yulric
Paint.NET

Install it, browse the plug-in section on their official forums, install as many as you want.
Think you can even import photoshop brushes to it, but I don't mess with brushes all that much. 

#47 Yulric

Yulric

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

@Yulric
Paint.NET

Install it, browse the plug-in section on their official forums, install as many as you want.
Think you can even import photoshop brushes to it, but I don't mess with brushes all that much. 

Thanks!

#48 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you to everyone who has submitted entries this month! They all look fantastic! Entries have been closed since the 4th and winner's will be posted as soon as possible. Good luck everyone!  :p_smile:

#49 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hmmm

Been almost two years, pretty sure ya'll forgot to finish this one. 

Edited by Feuer, 12 November 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#50 Nirvany

Nirvany

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

Waiting :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users