Dragon Saga Guild Emblem Design Contest! - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Dragon Saga Guild Emblem Design Contest!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Banner_700x236.jpg

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

We want to see your awesome guild emblem designs! Send us your design ideas below, and the Dragon Saga team will choose from these entries for new guild emblems in game! More than one entry may be chosen depending on the number of entries we receive!

Rules: 

- Emblem designs must be 32 x 32 pixels in size

- No gifs or animated gifs, designs of this kind will not qualify

- All entries must follow the general game and forum guidelines, inappropriate designs will not qualify

- Three designs entries will be allowed per player

- Designs must be submitted by 11/13/2017 

Guild emblems that are created in game will be available for anyone in the community to use, as with all current emblem choices. 

Update: Existing guilds who wish to change their logo if they win will have the opportunity to do so after the contest. This option will only be available to the winning logo designs.

#2 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

If the winner designed an emblem to represent their guild, could the person's guild's emblem be changed with the their guild leader's consent? Rather than having to recreate an entire guild just for the new emblem. 

Or is it even possible to change a guild's emblem ? I expect some technical limitation here. 

#3 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

I wanted to know it its possible to base ourselfs into the game? Like using references from game?

Because i will try make some related Theme from Game that might past always unnoticed... 

So i leave already my first entry might rework it a little more later :D

Mika Tribe

8RSxUiM.png

Van Cliff

eQ6LvoV.png

SoulStone

YUAZsMB.png

Will be Upgrading post since done more and please fell free to give opinions about colour of backgound etc!

PS: Agree with VinylDorayaki .... will we be able to chose a logo? To use on Own Guild? Or there will be a specific item like "Guild Logo Changer" :D

Edited by KyoneskeMaekho, 29 October 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Banner_700x236.jpg

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

We want to see your awesome guild emblem designs! Send us your design ideas below, and the Dragon Saga team will choose from these entries for new guild emblems in game! More than one entry may be chosen depending on the number of entries we receive!

Rules: 

- Emblem designs must be 32 x 32 pixels in size

- No gifs or animated gifs, designs of this kind will not qualify

- All entries must follow the general game and forum guidelines, inappropriate designs will not qualify

- Three designs entries will be allowed per player

- Designs must be submitted by 11/13/2017 

Guild emblems that are created in game will be available for anyone in the community to use, as with all current emblem choices. 

Will there be... IM points?  :Emo_15:

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Will there be... IM points?  :Emo_15:

Did CM Dragonlark mention that there will be IM Points? The answer you'll give yourself to this question is the answer to the question you asked.

If the winner designed an emblem to represent their guild, could the person's guild's emblem be changed with the their guild leader's consent? Rather than having to recreate an entire guild just for the new emblem. 

Or is it even possible to change a guild's emblem ? I expect some technical limitation here. 

PS: Agree with VinylDorayaki .... will we be able to chose a logo? To use on Own Guild? Or there will be a specific item like "Guild Logo Changer" :D

A guild logo changer might not be a bad idea but it would take some time to be implemented because this would be something the client does not offer. At the moment there is not enough free time to implement something like this - not to mention that this would have been discussed in the team first. But I will put that idea on my list of suggestions.

We can change the logo for the guild of the winners through database directly and I think it's fair that winners get their logos for their own guild. Please know that we are not going to offer a guild logo change as a new service in the future. This will be only done once for this contest. Also I want to remind you again that everyone will be able to use the newly created logo. You are not creating the logos just for you but for the whole community. What I plan to implement is that players are able to see who created that logo when they hover over the guild logo in the logo selection in the future - if the one created that want it, like for example: "This emblem has been created by TheLogoMan".

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

Mika Tribe

The logos need to be size of 32x32 pixels. I will be able to shrink them if they would win but due to the nature of shrinking the logos would lose some details.

#7 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:46 AM

The logos need to be size of 32x32 pixels. I will be able to shrink them if they would win but due to the nature of shrinking the logos would lose some details.

I'm not sure if i'm doing it ok, but when i make a new doc in pixels, and them export thats what i get "size of square".

eOM5bg5.png

if there is any PRO in Ai please reply me how to really make them smaller  and thanks! :D

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

First of all click on advanced and set the color mode to RGB and to Screen (72 ppi).

When you are ready and you want to export the image go to "File" menu then "Export" -> "Export As" and select PNG as target format.

In the export dialog make sure that resolution is set to Screen (72 ppi).

Please make sure that the forms you are using do not exceed the boundaries of the drawing area otherwise the exported file is bigger than the sizes you set when creating the new document.

#9 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:55 AM

First of all click on advanced and set the color mode to RGB and to Screen (72 ppi).

When you are ready and you want to export the image go to "File" menu then "Export" -> "Export As" and select PNG as target format.

In the export dialog make sure that resolution is set to Screen (72 ppi).

Please make sure that the forms you are using do not exceed the boundaries of the drawing area otherwise the exported file is bigger than the sizes you set when creating the new document.

So i think its like this right? :)

O2l5PAb.png

And thanks for the fast reply! :D

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

Yeah that should work. As I said make sure that you set the Resoultion to 72ppi when exporting to png. :)

#11 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:19 AM

Did CM Dragonlark mention that there will be IM Points? The answer you'll give yourself to this question is the answer to the question you asked.

Let me rephrase then... Why is there no IM points? Seems like a small price to pay. Sure it's nice to get your stuff in the game but it's also nice to have free IM.

#12 coelianponi2

coelianponi2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

Let me rephrase then... Why is there no IM points? Seems like a small price to pay. Sure it's nice to get your stuff in the game but it's also nice to have free IM.

I agree with this. Reward the player for the design since not everybody here is a guild master. Unless a guild master personally commissions an artist for the design, there's not much of an incentive to enter the contest since the guild master is the one who green-lights the submission in the end anyway. So for non-guild owners, it's honestly a pretty bad deal.

Having no reward + rivalling ideas with the guild master = not a fun contest. Not every guild owner here is proficient with digital design anyway so they're gonna get a member to create one. Designing for a picky client is incredibly demotivating.There should be a personal reward for the contestants designing on behalf of their guild. 

Edited by coelianponi2, 29 October 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#13 SideLeo

SideLeo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

It is a great idea and initiative, given the great repetition of logos, and the available logos have never undergone changes or implementations.

Another point that could be addressed as well, would be the possibility of creating your logo, with those already available.

(Ex. Select the existing logo in the game, and you can choose the background color). This would make dozens of "new" logos possible.

I do not know how the above example could be done, but it's just an idea.

Edited by SideLeo, 29 October 2017 - 07:59 AM.

#14 coelianponi2

coelianponi2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

It is a great idea and initiative, given the great repetition of logos, and the available logos have never undergone changes or implementations.

Another point that could be addressed as well, would be the possibility of creating your logo, with those already available.

(Ex. Select the existing logo in the game, and you can choose the background color). This would make dozens of "new" logos possible.

I do not know how the above example could be done, but it's just an idea.

For people who are invested the guild/social/community aspect of it yeah. But it won't fully squeeze out all the artistic talent since I imagine most of the contestants would be guild masters or their close friends, not exactly the best demographic for quality submissions unless they commission an artist familiar with digital mediums and designing. I wouldn't doubt there'd be willing members who'd do it just for the win but it's not exactly 'fun' especially if you have a guild master who's very picky about the design and have their own grand idea. 

Edited by coelianponi2, 29 October 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#15 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

I understand there is some concern regarding the reward for this contest. Please know that this is not a commission, it is a contest created based on the suggestion from other players that they would like to see their designs in game for guild emblems, with the idea that others might feel the same. The reward, like the reward for our Mix and Match costumes, is the creation itself, and the permanent implementation of this design in game for the fair use of all guilds in the future. 

We do not encourage guilds to place pressure on artists in their community who do not want to create a design. Instead, I would suggest that if a guild would like a new design, that anyone who wishes to enter may wish to create variations of their design idea and then as a group decide which ones they would like to submit. 

We do not encourage players to simply redesign logos that already exist. If you think a logo would look cool in a different color, or different color variations, let us know and we can see about implementing that ourselves. This is for those who have new ideas they would like to see in game. Please do not post your re-color ideas here, it would be confusing for this contest. You may either create a new thread to get feedback from the community on your ideas, or send me a PM, I will be posting more information about this after the current event is over. 

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

I understand there is some concern regarding the reward for this contest. Please know that this is not a commission, it is a contest created based on the suggestion from other players that they would like to see their designs in game for guild emblems, with the idea that others might feel the same. The reward, like the reward for our Mix and Match costumes, is the creation itself, and the permanent implementation of this design in game for the fair use of all guilds in the future. 

In the case of the mix and match contest you get the set that's worth gold on top of having it in the game. In this contest you get to make a logo that you maybe don't even want to use yourself. Can't sell that.  I see where you are coming from but there's a difference between these 2. Since you don't actually lose anything for giving a few hundred IM points away I don't see why that couldn't be used as the "material value" side of the reward.

If you don't want to give IM I can volunteer to give gold to the best entries :P

Anyway gotta try to find the time to make something cewl myself, pretty sure I can make something that small look ok unlike loading screens.

#17 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

There is no such contest without Mr. President joining in. :p_smile:

Husky.png

I neither own any guild nor I'm posting this in the name of any guild. I'm just entering this for fun and maybe some other people in the community like our president Husky as much as I do.

Okay, after been bugged in the game for about one and a half hour to do a Phelix version (for all the cat lovers around). Here you go and now please guys be happy and just let me play this game. :p_laugh:

Felix.png

Last but not least, well actually it is least since I only have 3 entry spots, my final entry is especially made for all the cool guys and girls in the game. Enjoy. :p_smile:

Skull.png

Edited by Fliederduft78, 29 October 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#18 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

0tBCfd2.png

The Tanuki

gYriKWZ.png

The Black Dragon Lord

Edited by VinylDorayaki, 30 October 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

I might delete this since it has nothing to do with the game

You can keep it. It must not have anything to do with the game as long as it has not to do with other games :D

If you like your design and you don't want to delete it there is no reason to do it.

#20 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

[The Tanuki]

I might delete this since it has nothing to do with the game

[The Black Dragon Lord]

You can keep it. It must not have anything to do with the game as long as it has not to do with other games :D

My imagination's being active and motivated, when I see this topic, but I can only use a pencil and my draft book... (I don't see any restriction in the means but well...)

I don't think I'll ever succeed in using softwares to draw something ( '. .)

#21 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

My imagination's being active and motivated, when I see this topic, but I can only use a pencil and my draft book... (I don't see any restriction in the means but well...)

If you draw something in a big square, than scan it to your pc and scale that down I guess that should look alright.

#22 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

If you draw something in a big square, than scan it to your pc and scale that down I guess that should look alright.

I don't think resizing from 3k pixel into 32x32 pixel will be recognizable at all  :hmm:

Honestly I wouldn't mind helping to draw others' entry digitally, as long as they are the one sketch/draw their idea with whatever tool. Only if I could help and not against the rule. A lot of people have creative ideas but they can't do it digitally :[] 

#23 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:28 AM

I don't think resizing from 3k pixel into 32x32 pixel will be recognizable at all  :hmm:

Honestly I wouldn't mind helping to draw others' entry digitally, as long as they are the one sketch/draw their idea with whatever tool. Only if I could help and not against the rule. A lot of people have creative ideas but they can't do it digitally :[] 

"3k px.", mm... Given how my book's squares are 0.5x0.5cm, I could just draw my ideas in 1x1cm zones, scan them, and cut and resize the images made... Or is it that 1x1 is 3k px., but I didn't know. I don't think they'll become much "blurry" after the in-between process, unless I use a bigger square than 1x1 (bigger than 2x2 might make it horrible maybe, I don't know).

I'd appreciate the help, but I'll stay with black and white; can't make the outlines though (that's why I need the book's "grid" XD).

<What's next is just me worrying about a minor detail, in the form of a question.>

Spoiler

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

"3k px.", mm... Given how my book's squares are 0.5x0.5cm, I could just draw my ideas in 1x1cm zones, scan them, and cut and resize the images made... Or is it that 1x1 is 3k px., but I didn't know. I don't think they'll become much "blurry" after the in-between process, unless I use a bigger square than 1x1 (bigger than 2x2 might make it horrible maybe, I don't know).

I'd appreciate the help, but I'll stay with black and white; can't make the outlines though (that's why I need the book's "grid" XD).

<What's next is just me worrying about a minor detail, in the form of a question.>

Spoiler

The designed emblems are unique emblems designed by the community for the community. The staff won't touch them in any way. They stay as is. They will be just added to the existing ones.

#25 FunnyTale

FunnyTale

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

BoneDragon.png

Dragon1.png

Dragon2.png

Dragons!  :Emo_16: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users