Scam III [Let the saga continue] - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Scam III [Let the saga continue]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

Voxdei:
"This is in response to the comments on my previous thread. Some item mall stuffs are not tradeable so you have to gift them. Thats how I got scammed. I gifted the item first cause I thought he/she is trustworthy because he/she's a member of one of the longest and well known existing clans in game."

Yea, the support team won't issue refund if you were attempting to use the gift function to perform a trade and vice versa. Technically, you can scam all you want to so long as you're the scammer in this instance. Just find some sucker to give you zulie thinking you're going to gift them it, and the staff won't do anything as it's not supported or protected.

As for the 'Well known player/clan member' part, that doesn't mean anything in ROSE. Some of the biggest clans in ROSE were founded on duped CP boosters and zulie funded by people who duped rare items for favors/zulie. Course that's not ALL the clans nor is it EVERY member in the clans that do have that issue, but still. 

Cupcake:
"Items that are account locked are locked intentionally and not meant to be moved. "

Well you might want to tell the DEV's that, because many items in the item mall can be gifted from the purchase tab that are locked on acquisition. Like the Halloween costume boxes just as an example.

"Also, trading Item Mall items for zulie is technically not allowed and it is done at the player's own risk. "

Well there's a tonne of items from the item mall that can be placed in shops/vends, so I don't think that's accurate/true. In fact, if that was ROSE's policy, that IM items shouldn't be traded/sold for zulie, then you might want to, I dunno, account lock every single item in the item mall and remove the Gift function? Seems like a pretty massive gaping hole in the system if you're not supposed to sell/trade item mall items for zulie; having them be able to be listed in vending shops. Just an observation. 

Lastly, just because no one can help the OP doesn't mean the thread should be locked, as conversation can still take place on suggestions on how to avoid it in the future, tips on what to look out for, etc. I think you're being too extreme with your thread locking, if you don't mind me saying so. 

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

lol Not sure what kind of "conversation" you expect a topic like this to generate. You can't name anyone here at the forum so threads like this seem kind of pointless imo.  But I know a fool-proof way to avoid being scammed.  Simple and 100% guaranteed to be effective.  Don't buy or sell IM points

I can't think of any really good reason to do it and dozens of reasons not to, including the fact that since they can't monitor those transactions, you won't get much help if you end up in trouble.  I'm sure they still discipline scammers when the scam can be proven but to do that, you need to have actual proof like screen shots. Since you do those kind of trades knowing you are on your own if the deal goes bad, not documenting the whole thing seems pretty foolish to me.

#3 Donnut

Donnut

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

scammers,dupers in this server is like a norm thing.no concrete solution on how to stop all this.the forum moderator closed and locked thread like it was up to them to decide what people need to read and comment,i know there is rules,but lol have you guys login the game and see the situation like?if i knew the game management gonna be bad,i would have not came here.

3 years back the service was good,GM will log ingame and message you regarding your problems that you sent via ticket.guess those days are gone.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

@HB
Well it wouldn't be a topic about my response if the original thread wasn't locked. You know, there is benefit to letting a conversation happen over the course of a few days/weeks in regards to being scammed. You know, like it being in the public conscious and a reminder, as well as something new players should be aware of? Which is what the thread would look like, if it didn't take 3 iterations of threads to respond to the first. 

After-all, this is a DISCUSSION sub-forum, the mods can let the user know perfectly well that they can't help the poster with an issue and to submit a ticket WITHOUT closing the topic. Nothing was malicious, degrading or breaking any rules of the forums about the first two threads nor this one. It was a post, that was addressed, and should have been left open for people to have a conversation, potentially coming up with ideas, suggestions of methods to address the issue in the future. Shutting down conversation because you think your word should be the last word in a thread does nothing to cultivate a cooperative community effort. But whatever, it's not like I haven't made a ROSE career out of trying to make the game better and keep up peoples morale within the playerbase, so what would I know. 

Edited by Feuer, 23 June 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#5 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

If you unfortunately have experienced a scam please make sure that you are contacting support with any additional evidence, such as screenshots if available, to help expedite the investigation process.

There is a post on the forums that provides information to help combat/prevent scams located here and is pinned to the ROSE Community Chat for ease of access. 

Please note that this topic will be closed as it does break our Forum Rules of ConductIf a player(s) need assistance with ticketing or support matters outside of their ticket please PM Krexus so that they can assist. You may also PM myself and I will assist in any way that I can. Topic will now be closed.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users