Please Make a Rule to Handle those LS (Loot-Stealing) Greeders - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Please Make a Rule to Handle those LS (Loot-Stealing) Greeders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#1 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:54 AM

As I have posted in another place: https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2838817

In short, we can't tolerate those players who use "greed" skill (or simply "pick up") to take our loot when we are busy to kill mobs.

If you agree my opinion and you are angry about those greeding-thieves, please support this request.

I want to suggest official that:

Please make a rule to forbid those greeders without politeness. Just like the current rule to treat those kill-stealers.

It is not mainly an issue whether a player has politeness or not, but it is related to your benefit.

For those who want to suggest me to buy something buff to "solve" the loot problem, sorry, I think the true solution is to make a dependable rule about looting to maintain the fairness in game.

Please stop reminding that 10 seconds common sense. Everyone knows it except you're completely new. We'll talk about how to change the current phenomenon. Instead, monsters do not be set the exclusive 10 seconds by the first person who hits them, but we still think kill-stealing is ill-mannered, and we have made a rule to handle it. (RO1 In Game Rules and Guidelines: https://forums.warpp...and-guidelines/)

If you have any idea that may be helpful about making this rule about looting (seriously), very welcome to leave your thought here.

I think we would see the two possibilities in the future:

1. (In Game Rules in the future) Do Not Intentionally Loot Steal

2. (According to my private discussion with other players)You'll see the 10 seconds being extended to 30 seconds, 40 seconds, etc.

Edited by GodLike0000, 07 June 2018 - 03:45 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

What is LS?
You can claim your item if you loot them fast. For first 10 seconds, other people cant take your loots.

#3 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:43 AM

Before this topic, I used to suggest that all KS rules should be canceled, because I thought anything you could do (like attacking monsters that another player is attacking) should not be forbidden. Different from this, players could urge each other by unwritten rules.

However, I have started to think that method is more available in regional servers. People will run into many communicative issues in the international one. Rules can ensure some of your rights.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 03:29 AM.

#4 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:01 AM

I don't quite get you tbh.

Picking loots (or using skill "greed" the loots) usually gives priority to those killed 1st. It's FFA EXCEPT, when whoever is the MVP-er. That said, one should not pick loots from those had killed 1st (at least for good 10 sec). Otherwise, loots that killers left behind will be FFA. Hence, you can greed however you like.

If found players greeding loots when killers needs them, that killer needs to politely PM the respective person that looted the items. You may or may not get the items back depending on how you communicated with that particular player.

Generally speaking, most players in server knows some basic rules in-game (We have been playing for 15 years). If new players are unfamiliar, they will be advised & forgive them for the 1st time. If found players insist and ignores after being PM-ed, just send a ticket to WP. Best is to record in-game and make sure you mouse cursor on that particular player so the name can be seen for WP Team to take the necessary actions.

#5 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

The main point is: Mobs will not be locked like loot by any in-game setting. There's a setting for loot (10 sec).

In the basic rules (whatever it is written or not), you should not attack the mobs that another player or party is attacking, because it is called kill stealing. (Most of MMO players hate this behaviour.)

Currently you can send a ticket for KS, but issues about loot will not work.

I would not agree because of that 10 seconds you can't send a ticket for LS reason. These are all ill-mannered.

It is related to feeling and benefits -- about whether you will agree another player to attack your mobs or pick up your loot. I think we will also be able to advise new players not to pick up items which are belong to another player. That's why I post this topic, I want to suggest and ask a rule to manage the LS behaviour.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#6 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

The main point is: Mobs will not be locked like loot by any in-game setting. There's a setting for loot (10 sec).

In the basic rules (whatever it is written or not), you should not attack the mobs that another player or party is attacking, because it is called kill stealing. (Most of MMO players hate this behaviour.)

Currently you can send a ticket for KS, but issues about loot will not work.

It is related to feeling and benefits -- about whether you will agree another player to attack your mobs or pick up your loot. I think we will also be able to advise new players not to pick up items which are belong to another player. That's why I post this topic, I want to suggest and ask a rule to manage the LS behaviour.

I think you just answered your own queries about this post. WP has made it clear in the R&R.

#7 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:51 AM

There's no answer and it is not my own question.

My stand is, you pick up others' loot without their permission (whatever the 10 seconds have gone). It is the same as kill stealing.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 09:32 PM.

#8 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

How about suggesting the developers to program the loots "so that it can't be taken by others for an HOUR otherwise it disappears"?

#9 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

Hmm I still dont get what you are talking about, 10 secs aint enough for you to pick up all the loots?

:hmm:

#10 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:14 AM

Today I got a card (which is looted by myself) from a competition against those unpolite greeders.

It's fortunate to me. However, I'm angry why I must to do this competition. Those greeders even didn't ask a word.

No, 10 seconds are not enough if you clean mobs by AOE skills. Mobs will drop a lot of things at the same time, and cards may be included in the things.

Sorry, I think the 10 seconds is useful before you enter an AOE world. I think it is good to have more detailed rules about looting.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 09:35 PM.

#11 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

In some situations you can bypass the 10 sec mark and you can loot them as quick as the killers do... But I can't fully discuss it here.

About KS, as far as I know it's a hard debate. What players can do as of yet is kill them fast... Faster than them... The only solution can be found within the players behavior.

#12 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

How about suggesting the developers to program the loots "so that it can't be taken by others for an HOUR otherwise it disappears"?

Such troll. (Y)

#13 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:23 AM

When im farming i usually clean my ''poring'' very quickly ... HBP + Hotkey (switch between greed or dmg wise)

#14 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:38 AM

Today I got a card (which is looted by myself) from a competition against those unpolite greeders.
It's fortunate to me. However, I'm angry why I must do this competition. Those greeders even didn't ask a word.

No, 10 seconds is not enough if you clean mobs by AOE skills. Mobs will drop a lot of things at the same time, and cards may be included in the things.

Sorry, I think the 10 seconds is useful before you enter an AOE world. I think it is good to have more detailed rules about looting.

You used big card sprite?

#15 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

In official stand, anything (except skins) that modifies client is not encouraged.

I will not talk about the personal ways to change the client.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 04:44 AM.

#16 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:46 AM

You have been advised to use big card sprite to identify card drop quickly, but you decided to turn down the offer so I guess theres nothing we can do to help you.

:) 

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:47 AM

10 secs is enough for you to switch from your current garment to HBP, then cast gred, then switch back

#18 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:56 AM

I mean that I will not discuss about changing the client. It is not about whether I'll use the sprite or whether I have used the sprite. You use the sprite and the greeders use it, too.

People will suggest you to "do this ooo.", "have you tried xxx?"

I think most people want to solve the problems by their personal way.

I'm not here to ask this kind of help but thanks.

I'm here to ask a possibility to correct the rule.

If you really discuss on this way instead of quiping, I'll especially appreciate that you have same thought on loot issue.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 09:37 PM.

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

iRO has become a Wild West sooner than I expected lol

#20 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

I can appreciate the frustration. Multiple times it's happened that I wanted to loot something, like a piece of equipment, SP consumable, light granule or whatever else, but due to a mob being on me I cannot pick it up and must instead spend time killing the mob. But since the aggro is on me, someone can run in and greed it and flywing out. It's happened a few times and I've lost gear or cards as a result, none of it dramatically expensive (most was probably a bungisngis card a few years ago when they were still valuable), but it's still frustrating. If you're a new player and small gains are still important and supplying consumables is your form of income, that can be doubly troubling. Not to mention it's just a dick move. 

My concern would be that implementing a rule against it wouldn't work since enforcement may be lacking, and odds are the "person" doing the greeding is probably more likely to respond to 01000101 than to "please stop taking my loot".

The priority timer is great and all but often enough it isn't enough to pick it up unless you are yourself using the greed skill. Unfortunate, but eh.

Ideally, we'd have that pserver function where you can designate auto-looting of items based on their base drop %. 

Anyway, sorry for your frustrations m8. 

#21 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

In principle, loot stealing is as offending as kill stealing. Many players feel frustrated about this.

The only difference between stealing and non-stealing is if you have gotten the owner's permission.

Yes, iRO has a bit trend to become the Wild West. The most important thing is to correct this phenomenon, otherwise iRO will die in my heart.

At least, there must to be a rule first. It will be the final protection to your game experience.

Edited by GodLike0000, 07 June 2018 - 03:33 AM.

#22 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:44 AM

You have been advised to use big card sprite to identify card drop quickly, but you decided to turn down the offer so I guess theres nothing we can do to help you.

:)

+1

#23 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:45 AM

Camp, autoloot and autovend pls :(

#24 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:47 AM

iRO has become a Wild West sooner than I expected lol

Speaking from experience huh?  ;)

#25 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

By the way, if to include the years that I played in other regional RO, it was since 2004.

If you who are watching this topic presume I'm a newbie, tell you that I'm not. There is no better way to look down a person by presuming he/she is a novice. Also, for other topics I watched or posted, because the forum has its rule, you couldn't be rude too obviously, LOL.

Yes, renewal changed many things, but I know most of the basic things even some secret things. I researched the client, too.

Some adepts please stop your "well experienced". I stand on my side based on my experience, too.

Edited by GodLike0000, 06 June 2018 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users