Cannot access game with my old account - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot access game with my old account

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 windpawz

windpawz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

I'm a returning player from Dragonica (Dragon Saga) from the THQ Ice days. I tried to set up a new account using the warp portal site, but for some reason it says my email is already in use, even though I've never actually signed up. So I'm unable to use my usual account (I created this dummy one so I could post here and get some help).

I assume some information from my old account was migrated over, so I tried to change my password and enter my log in info. Upon trying to change my password, I would get a strange message saying that the site is not currently working, try again later. Despite the message, I tried to log in using my log in with the new password, and I would get an even weirder message:

You are not in an allowed territory to view this content.

The thing to note here, is that the site is not saying it's an incorrect username/password combo. Furthermore, I AM in the 'States, so I'm not sure what the issue is with my old account.

I've tried to submit tickets regarding the issue but I'm getting this problem. So, I'm in a spot where I'm not sure what to do to recover my old account, which is somehow in the system, but remains inaccessible to me.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

Did you opt in to have your account transferred to WarpPortal?

https://forums.warpp...-to-warpportal/

If you didn't give THQ*ICE permission to transfer your data to WarpPortal, then WarpPortal doesn't have your data.

#3 windpawz

windpawz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hey, thanks for the link.

I'm a bit confused: contrary to what you're telling me, the article says they should have my data UNLESS I opt out (Edit: pretty sure I didn't).

You may make a WarpPortal account now by registering, of course you can play any of our other games as well, and wait for the Transfer time to happen. THQ*ICE is using an OPT OUT system to determine what game data to provide us. So if you do not want them to Transfer your data to us then you need to fill out the OPT OUT FORM. Of course we hope you do want to join us, in which case do nothing and the data will be available on our end when the apointed time comes.

Regardless, the bottom of the post says that "Transfers of this kind are no longer possible".

That's understandable. What I don't understand is that if warp portal indeed doesn't have my data, then why am I not allowed to register with my normal email? When entering it in the field during registration, it gives me a 'Not available' notice. So they must have my data in some form. I just can't seem to access it.

Edited by windpawz, 08 August 2018 - 10:56 PM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

Are you using a VPN to access the website? There are some regions that are restricted from using the WarpPortal network.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:25 AM

Greetings,

It is best to send in a ticket and see what's up with the account status.

We have some workaround posted for the support page error, see the following.

• Try the usual Power UP error guidelines here.
  • Send a ticket with or without logging into a support account. You may refer to how to send a ticket guide for support account registration [link].
  • Ensure the ticket content/attachment are not too big. Some users were able to send a ticket when limiting their ticket content to 200 letters or less

Should you exhaust all of the suggestions above and as a last resort, contact Xealot [link] on forums with the details.

Important: Xealot is mainly working for RO1, so please make sure to specify your game title for them in the message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users