Possible End of Lucky Boxes, Groove Boxes, OCPs, etc.? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Possible End of Lucky Boxes, Groove Boxes, OCPs, etc.?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#26 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

EA should have kept their mouths shut.

Free to play games selling you goods in the game are fine. But the boxes, where you have a "chance" of getting an item is indeed gambling.

I agree the game is starting to feel like one big slot machine game...Everything you do is gambling it reminds me of the steam Counter Strike lottery boxes controversy and they had to revamp their whole system. 

#27 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

I never like the lucky boxes. Since people dupe cash items, so what I’m about to bring up might not be relevant anymore but ...

My crazy thought somehow asks me if “is it possible to hack a refinement rate?”. Like letting a program proceeding an upgrade attempt for you when it knows a success % procs. Hahaha

Of course, its possible to manipulate RO's internal RNG mechanism so you get better success rate or even guaranteed success rate. Remember RO is a very old game, its RNG isnt truly random. There are certain time of the day in which success rate is higher, or certain items that have higher success rate. A dedicated hacker can surely find a pattern so he gets higher or 100% success rate.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 19 September 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#28 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Of course, its possible to manipulate RO's internal RNG mechanism so you get better success rate or even guaranteed success rate. Remember RO is a very old game, its RNG isnt truly random. There are certain time of the day in which success rate is higher, or certain items that have higher success rate. A dedicated hacker can surely find a pattern so he gets higher or 100% success rate.

You mean server tick rate?  It's pretty guaranteed the server operates in old fashion.  But certain times of the day is not used on iRO.  Those are private servers.

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

My friends and I only think it is either this or that they dupe tons of items to refine. If it fails, they probably drop in a map to let it disappear. If it succeeds, then they dupe tons of a higher rated item and keep going until it is +16 for weapon level 4. +18 or +20 will be obnoxiously fishy lol

I wish I decided to peruse my degree in a computer programming degree then become a professional programmer  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 September 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#30 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

My friends and I only think it is either this or that they dupe tons of items to refine. If it fails, they probably drop in a map to let it disappear. If it succeeds, then they dupe tons of a higher rated item and keep going until it is +16 for weapon level 4. +18 or +20 will be obnoxiously fishy lol

I wish I decided to peruse my degree in a computer programming degree then become a professional programmer  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

The duping method clearly exists, hence why a few ppls ended up with +20 lacryma sticks a few weeks ago. I wonder what actions WP took to solve this problem, did they ban the dupers/remove duped +20 gears, or maybe they've let it pass instead?

:p_hi:

#31 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Oh -_- yea. They should just public all the rates to the players. I want to play a game not a -_- gambling game which I do not know the chance I may get.

#32 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:59 PM

The duping method clearly exists, hence why a few ppls ended up with +20 lacryma sticks a few weeks ago. I wonder what actions WP took to solve this problem, did they ban the dupers/remove duped +20 gears, or maybe they've let it pass instead?
:p_hi:

What if they dont show the gears and they have +20 kvm weapon and all +20 gears you never know lol

Edited by Handersen, 21 September 2018 - 02:54 AM.

#33 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

R for ro stands for rng

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

Oh wow, Korea is actually working on this issue.

RIP GRAVITY?

#35 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

a good development indeed

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

RIP GRAVITY?

So 10 years until we get it, sweet.

#37 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:21 PM

The end of 4 rares (including sunglasses) in a single ocp has come lmfao

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

So 10 years until we get it, sweet.

US government is part of the 16 companies looking into loot box regulations as explained in the first video I posted, so it might come to iRO sooner.

#39 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:55 AM

The end of 4 rares (including sunglasses) in a single ocp has come lmfao

Got my fresh Sunglasses[1] from OCP22, thought it was EOI. haha

If only 3 rare tier = your desired gear from the box.  WP will close its doors.

#40 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

“California just passed its net neutrality law. The DOJ is already suing”

Dunno if this will have any impact on iro

#41 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

We won't be having any problem like this if every mmo just followed Warframe's business model.

#42 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:53 AM

Thanks to this. I stopped purchasing gacha boxes. Looking at the bright side, kp shadow sets are giving out as quest and more ppls continue playing the game.

Edited by Boyeteers, 01 October 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#43 SpicyCabbage

SpicyCabbage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

I'll throw a random thought
"Please sell OCP for 3m Zeny each"

#44 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

RIP GRAVITY?

There is no lucky scroll in KRO since August, replaced with new system "Kashua's secret box".
When people open some cash shop consumable box or ore box. They will obtain Kashua's secret key. The key is used for unlock Kashua's secret box (the box is NPC in Prontera) to gain random item.

PS. Old lucky scroll system : They sold monthly box (2,500 won) contains a few consumable items and 1 lucky scroll.

Edited by Sigma1, 03 October 2018 - 05:46 PM.

#45 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

There is no lucky scroll in KRO since August, replaced with new system "Kashua's secret box".
When people open some cash shop consumable box or ore box. They will obtain Kashua's secret key. The key is used for unlock Kashua's secret box (the box is NPC in Prontera) to gain random item.

PS. Old lucky scroll system : They sold monthly box (2,500 won) contains a few consumable items and 1 lucky scroll.

So basically a box within a box in an attempt to get around it? 

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

Gambling-ception. Wasn't it the TF2 community that started up the whole stink about cash shop keys?

#47 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

So basically a box within a box in an attempt to get around it?

They pretended to say like "We actually sell the consumable items. Lucky scroll is just a giveaway."

So the key too. Just a giveaway from buying cash shop items.

Edited by Sigma1, 03 October 2018 - 09:43 PM.

#48 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:25 PM

They pretended to say like "We actually sell the consumable items. Lucky scroll is just a giveaway."

So the key too. Just a giveaway from buying cash shop items.

or buy 1k WPE to get 1 free loot box. just like what EXTREME is doing on their ragnarok servers. i think it was 3 scrolls for every purchase of 1000 points

#49 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

Should it be proven that--without a doubt--loot boxes in their spirit and purpose fall under the act of gambling, this could spell the end of loot box practices in video games.

There are plenty of ways to circumvent the legal definition so the End_Result of loot boxes to both the game company and the consumer will not change.

It's not a loot box if a game company does something to break the legal requirements of what gambling is.  Fighting a field of monsters for a chance of a dropped item is not gambling.  Neither is buying a consumable item that can be used upon a monster that gives special experience points.    So, the game company can simply sell Groovy Box Bubblegum or Overseas Flavor Bubblegum.   That lasts 30 minutes and makes it possible for certain monsters to drop one of the "special items" whereupon the power in the gum is used up and it can't drop anymore.  But the buffing stats effect lasts the full 30 minutes to ensure there is no variable time. 

If the company wanted to taunt the regulators yet make it very clear playing skill and not gambling RNG is involved, each minute of chewing the gum brings up the animated slot machine similar to the taming item slot machine.  During that minute, the player must kill a monster that is different from any previously killed monster during the gum interval.  If the player runs out of time, that's one minute wasted.  Theoretically, the skilled player could have 30 different monster kills in the 30 minutes.  But the killing spree ends as soon as an identical monster is killed whereupon it drops an item from the second group.   If the player takes it to the end, one of the items from the top tier list can drop.  Or a lump of charlie brown coal.

The above are not "loot box" but still allow a game company to provide chance results or even allow player skills to increase or decrease the chance of results.

#50 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

I can see Gravity selling a scroll that would warp you to a map full of special prizes for 300KP ea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users