Sorcerer @.@ (I searched, but could not find) - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sorcerer @.@ (I searched, but could not find)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Takaoni

Takaoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:20 PM

I stopped with my warlock for a while and made a sorcerer. I've had a lot of fun, especially since I'm using Warlock's survivor set.
I can take good damage, my cast is not the worst. But, I've been looking for a more specific guide on sorcerer and have not found updated content on instant cast. I believe this has to do with the huge amount of equipment available, but I do not quite understand where I should start.
I thought about buying a Celine Brooch to improve my damage, and be able to use it on the warlock as well, in which case I would think about casting only at the end of the game. Even because I will live in bio4 when I reach level 141.
But on some maps the cast makes a lot of difference.
I thought about buying a temporal dex boot with runaway magic, but if I went that way I would lose 50% bypass and 80% damage with my pW and would have to invest in other equipment to fill that gap. As well as investing in Katryne Keyron's Card.
So I'm kind of allowed and because I do not want to spend money and repent, I come here to ask for help.
Help xD

Note: That problem with English continues, so I'm using google to translate.
Obs: I understand that elementals also help, I use constantly. That's exactly where all the fun I've been talking about comes from.

Edited by Takaoni, 25 November 2018 - 07:28 PM.

#2 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

Sorcerer is the most versatile Job among others. You can be main killer, mob control, supporter, and tanker.
All I can say, Survivor set is the best set for Sorcerer right now. Even there'd be ultimate heagear for Sorc "Spirit King's Circlet". Vmod said probably on next OCP.
It's impossible to do instacast using Survivor set right now. We need new HG for that. Probably.

Set for Sorc:
Up hg: Celine Ribbon (if using Celine Brooch)/ Survivor's Circlet / Old Whisper (for Varetyr Spear) / Spirit King's Circlet
Mid hg: Sunglasses [1] (with useful card, adjust by yourself, also could be combo with Mob Scarft), Black Devil Mask [1], or etc.
Low: Orb for Survivor set (for Earth Grave and Varet), Mob Scarf (if wanna focus on PW and DD). Adjust yourself.
Armor: Flattery Robe for default, remember combo with Cloak of Survival (int enchant for damage, dex enchant for little help on casting), Abyss Dress, Nature Dress (soon).
Weapon: Survivor's Rod is the best for all around. Or La'Cryma for DD, or Valkyrie Knife 4 True Celia for Varetyr Spear.
Shield: MBS, Anemos, Gaia, Nero, etc.
Garment: Cloak of Survival for set, FAW Spell enchant for spell other than earth and wind.
Boots: Survivor's Shoes for set, Pororoca Shoes for DD.
Accecory: Double Spirit King's Ring, Celine Brooch + PDM if using Celine Set.

All I said above could be used depend on your situation. Just adjust by yourself.
When new headgear come, absolutely it'd more OP af.

Also, dont't forget to summon your spirit, elemental ground area (Deluge, Whirldwind, Volcano), Insignia. When you're mastering your Spirit and Insignia. You'll know that Sorc is OP!

Edited by yuzknight2, 26 November 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

If you main using Psychic Wave, then a Celine Set + Survivor's Set (excluding the Upper and Lower headgear slots) is best.

If you use Diamond Dust/Earth Grave/Varetyr Spear as your main skills, then the new headgear will be better and would mean it would be ideal to use 2x Spirit King Rings, and probably hold out for the new Illusion Wizardry Staff or using a Vicious Mind Rod + Shield.

#4 Takaoni

Takaoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:59 AM

Thanks a lot for the help.

I read some comments about this new hat, but it should take a while to get there (and I have not been lucky with OCP xD)

yuzknight2, I agree with the comments on survivor set and I will follow the advice of Nirvanna21, I will wait for the new equipment of the instance of illusions. I asked a suggestion question about this before and Shuckle warned me that updates are on the way.
As for the versatility of the class, I'm slowly discovering what I can do / (and practically devouring the contents here at breakfast HAHAHA)
This list of equipment is very good yuzknight2, now I already know where to spend my zenys 8)

Once again: Thank you very much xD

#5 CaptainKnuckle

CaptainKnuckle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:12 AM

Guess the main damage of sorc come from P-wave, if used the survivor set. Think about u get tons of damage each from DD, but P-wave still gets more damage over time. I'm think about what if new sorc hat release and DD without casting time, maybe it can cause more damage than P-wave. Sure that hard condition to make no casting time without spending money on food stat.

#6 Takaoni

Takaoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

This is truth, with survivor set i have 26 ~ 30 k per wave. I've been analyzing videos of rich sorcerers on youtube and P.W keeps winning.

In the last video I saw they used runaway magic and mob scarf to get 60 ~ 70 k per wave. I believe that even so the set survivor would win, only with mob scarf.
And the survivor set still helps with Varetyr Spear damage.
I'll save my money for the news xD

#7 CaptainKnuckle

CaptainKnuckle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Runaway magic is strong, but it comes with a horrible sp deduction. The causes is u r not able to flow on ur combo. If in the future it has an item that can erase this bad effect, tempboot will be rise for sure. For now if only focus on keep level, 1 shot kill pwave is the most important thing. So i can't see any weapons is better than survivor set combo now.

#8 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

Average PW (neutral, survivor set) damage using average gear (no mvp card) right now around 100k++.

Also 100k++ if using Celine set to shadow boss like Abysmal Knight or Khalitzburg.
If using elemental endow by spirit + right Insignia + againts right element mobs. Could be higher than that. I prefer use Crimson Rod/Mental Stick if Using Elemental Endowed PW. Can reach 250k++ damage per hit of PW tho.
Absolutely can't wait the Spirit King's Circlet.

Edited by yuzknight2, 07 December 2018 - 01:35 AM.

#9 Takaoni

Takaoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:26 AM

OMG ! AWESOME  xD 

And once again you answered a doubt. Now I know how to give a decent damage with my endowed PW

#10 CaptainKnuckle

CaptainKnuckle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

i have question, what about kvm is it still benefit for sor both one hand and two hand staff? i feel like kvm give to light damage for sor.

#11 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:06 AM

Well enchanted +12 or higher Vicious Mind Rods are better than KVM from my experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users