EAC (EasyAntiCheat) Errors & Troubleshooting Station - Page 8 - Transcendence Technical Support / Bug Reports - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

EAC (EasyAntiCheat) Errors & Troubleshooting Station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic

#176 5347140731212601627

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

Hi guys need your help here as well for the error: 

Game security violation detected (#OOOOOOOC)

I have been playing RO for over 2 months now and this error suddenly hit me.

Thing is after reading through some of possible root causes, I seem to recall that there was no change whatsoever that occured recently to my laptop for example I did not newly install anything or update drive/program of sorts. 

As per my checks I dont seem to have any of the applications mentioned by the first post at the top 

RGB lights
LDplayer
Peace Equalizer
Hyper-V
VM

I have tried reinstalling it twice, i have tried shutting down all unnecessary background apps, just to point out I have been playing the game fine till now, there was no windows update, anti virus update, no new program being installed. 

Any ideas how to fix this guys?

Edited by 5347140731212601627, 27 April 2020 - 07:43 PM.

#177 caiqueestefani

caiqueestefani

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:07 AM

It should be supported per EAC:
https://www.easy.ac/...game/guides/os/

Could generate some logs and send them to the relevant department [see here], you can share the logs here too if you are comfortable with that. Though for advanced assistance I'd highly suggest contacting WP Support and EAC Support.

I opened a ticket for WP and this what they answer me.

Greetings,

Regarding your problem, if the advice we have given does not help, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
We can only advise to do the solutions according to the official forums
https://forums.warpp...ooting-station/

Best regards.

I am still waiting EAC feedback.

I guess this is the end for me.

#178 AlexFF

AlexFF

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

1:Reinstale o jogo,
2:Nao atualize o ragnarok, nao use vpn.
3:Instale o easycheat primeiro de tudo, va ate a pasta do cheat e instale novamente,
4:Atualize seu sakray e entre no jogo,Simples.

1: Reinstall the game,

2: Do not update ragnarok, do not use vpn.

3: Install easycheat first of all, go to the cheat folder and install again,

4: Update your sakray and join the game, Simple.

1: Reinstall the game, 2: Do not update ragnarok, do not use vpn. 3: Install easycheat first of all, go to the cheat folder and install again, 4: Update your sakray and join the game, Simple.

Was hoping this would work, now im getting different error messages from lua 221 attempt to call global C easy anti Cheat Start (a nil value).

EAC is getting installed in x86 Programs. 

the Ragnarok Online is installed outside the x86 Programs folder.

Could this be the issue? That EAC isnt being found by RO and vice versa?

******EDIT*******

This worked. Now there is a mess of files dumped into x86 Programs along with all the other folders of stuff installed on my laptop. But now RO can find EAC and it runs as intended. EVentually Ill have to organize these dumped indivudal files of RO into its own folder, but "a nil value" was basically RO telling u it needed EAC to run and it cant find EAC.

Thanks.

Edited by AlexFF, 30 April 2020 - 03:17 PM.

#179 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:29 AM

I reinstall Renewal stop at Repacking source.
Download some manual patch now im getting failed to write a file after Repack.
Any recommendation?

#180 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:17 AM

Was hoping this would work, now im getting different error messages from lua 221 attempt to call global C easy anti Cheat Start (a nil value).

EAC is getting installed in x86 Programs. 

the Ragnarok Online is installed outside the x86 Programs folder.

Could this be the issue? That EAC isnt being found by RO and vice versa?

******EDIT*******

This worked. Now there is a mess of files dumped into x86 Programs along with all the other folders of stuff installed on my laptop. But now RO can find EAC and it runs as intended. EVentually Ill have to organize these dumped indivudal files of RO into its own folder, but "a nil value" was basically RO telling u it needed EAC to run and it cant find EAC.

Thanks.

Glad your issue is resolved.

Having RO installed outside of Program Files shouldn't cause an issue as far as I know.

I reinstall Renewal stop at Repacking source.
Download some manual patch now im getting failed to write a file after Repack.
Any recommendation?

At what file the error occurs? What is your OS? And if you are using the latest Renewal client.

#181 BRYN218

BRYN218

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

Hi , cinnamon . 

Just want to ask how to i fix, Easy anti-cheat that is running before i open the client. is this normal ?

my only remedy to this is to End program (EAC) thru task manager before ill open my RO client.

#182 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Hi , cinnamon . 

Just want to ask how to i fix, Easy anti-cheat that is running before i open the client. is this normal ?

my only remedy to this is to End program (EAC) thru task manager before ill open my RO client.

EAC will launch normally with RO client.

#183 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

Updated first post;
Added Problem #8 (Game Client shuts down without any error message).

#184 Fyichi

Fyichi

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:32 PM

Hello, my easyanticheat never opens with the game and the game just closes automatically after being opened for like 30 seconds. No error code or message or anything pops up. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating sakray, installing inside and outside of program files, whitelisting in antivirus, reinstalling and repairing easyanticheat, disabling overlay from nvidia, using vpn, closing steam and other programs, tried all of the solutions listed in easyanticheat troubleshooting, manual patching, tried all the list of solutions from this topic and nothing solved. Tried even to wait a couple of months, reinstalled the game and still got the same error. Anyone got a clue?

#185 Greys

Greys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

"EAC Error: Failed to start the game" is getting in my nerves! I still don't know how to fix it.

#186 Korex

Korex

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:35 AM

I can't run any virtualization software on my computer? I have to disable it fully?

I work in IT, so the use of VMs is ridiculously common in my job and studies.

Do you expect people to drop something they need for a chance to play your game? Ridiculous.

I had to do three things to get this game to run.

1) Unblock it everywhere in my Antivirus.

- I would get a BSOD if I didn't do this.

2) Change the compatibility settings "for all users"

- The game client would entirely lock up after being open for about 10 seconds if I didn't do this.

3dNvsjW.png

3) Disable the Windows 10 feature Hyper-V, which every other game I own is able to run alongside.

- BSODs occurred with Hyper-V enabled.

Edited by Korex, 16 May 2020 - 11:38 AM.

#187 Greys

Greys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:06 AM

After unsuccessful tries reinstalling and doing almost every method I read on internet  :yawn:  I tried uninstalling ROT (once again) and deleting the lefting folders from Gravity and also the folder where EasyAntiCheat was. 

NOTE: I disabled all my firewall configuration and Windows Defender (I use Windows 10 Home) as well. I noticed that there were something with one of these that tries to shut down EAC when I try to start the game.

I reinstalled the game normally but changed the path to a previously made folder I had on Desktop, so the game won't get installed on C: (don't launch the game after installation). Afterwards, used this method to patch the game manually from VModCinnamon.

Opened EasyAntiCheat Setup and reinstalled it using the "uninstall" and "install" options, not the repair one. Then finally patched the game using the launcher but didn't start the game. I closed the launcher and opened it once again but this time the game started without errors.

I don't know if one of these steps was specifically the key for solving the problem, but this all I did.

PS: I keep disabling firewalls and Windows Defender everytime I want to play.

Edited by Greys, 17 May 2020 - 08:08 AM.

#188 BRYN218

BRYN218

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:21 PM

hi cinnamon can you please help me with this.. trying to log in then got the error that pop up said   EAC ERROR " Failed to start the game "

""

#189 Himitsunya

Himitsunya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:39 PM

Hey!

I've already created a topic regarding this, but can someone clarify if it is possible to apply this solution to Ragnarok not using GPU specifically on iRO client?

Sorry for being somewhat spammy, I just want to be heared =D

#190 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

already fixed thanks

Edited by Hendra88, 24 May 2020 - 12:11 AM.

#191 BRYN218

BRYN218

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

got my RO client bug again , try to reinstall it but it keeps from using the old RO client. mybe it time to quit 

#192 ViniTheDev

ViniTheDev

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:23 AM

How I solved SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED EasyAntiCheat.sys Green/Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) without having to create an additional local account:

The error:

JBNr4Xc.jpg

The fix: Disabling Hyper-V won't be enough if you machine also have the Virtual Machine Platform option available and it's on.

Disable both, restart and DONE!

kwMx2sA.png

Edited by ViniTheDev, 31 May 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#193 mickeyu1

mickeyu1

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

and

CHKDSK /F /R

This worked for my system thread not handled EAC error. 

#194 mattiepie

mattiepie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

so im getting error code 1275 for EAC is there anyway to fix that?

#195 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:18 PM

forced close RO client for every certain minutes of playing.

i tried all guides WP provide, but still no solution.

i contacted support, but still no solution.

damn this is frustrating

#196 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:51 AM

For my case, I solved the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)  :o  by creating an additional local account (standard) in Windows and running the game through that user. For more details see below.

This might be a solution that someone like DuskShadowX can try.

-----------------------------------------------DETAILS BELOW -----------------------------------------------------

Background:

I am a developer and have the following Windows Features turned on: Windows Subsystem For Linux and Virtual Machine Platform. Hyper-V is turned off in my case but in my testing it did not help in my problem whether turned off or not.

Additionally, I have a suite of development software installed including VMware as well as an anti-virus.

Problem:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) :o , SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED EasyAntiCheat.sys, happens after a few seconds of getting into the login screen.

Desired Result:

I want to be able to keep my current system without re-installing windows or uninstalling software that is critical for what I do. 

Preparation (I do not know if this section helps, I just did the following after trying so many solutions :unsure:  :blink: ):

1.) Run command prompt as administrator
2.) Type and enter the following: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
3.) Type and enter the following: bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF
4.) Type and enter the following: bcdedit -set DEBUG OFF

Reference: https://www.easy.ac/.../issues/errors/

Steps:

1.) Uninstall Ragnarok Online if you installed it already.
2.) Delete C:\Gravity and C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat
3.) Create a new Windows local account with standard privileges i.e. not an admin.
4.) Log in to that new account. Try not to run any other applications from here on as we want to isolate applications that might be conflicting with EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat).
5.) Install Ragnarok Online using that account. (You will need your admin password to initiate the install)
6.) Run the game and pray to Thor.
7.) Hopefully, you won't get the BSODB) 

Note:
- Check if your anti-virus is compatible with EAC, https://www.easy.ac/...ides/antivirus/. If not, you may need to manually whitelist C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat.
- For Linux users, I was never able to make the game run through Wine.
- For anyone wanting to run the game inside VMWare, it didn't work for me.

DAMN I almost got the game to run in Linux can someone help me with this error, just THIS error and the game can be playable in Linux

NO MSG

build date: Aug 19 2020
build time: 13:06:59
Z:\media\jitters\FAA48582A48541DD\Program Files (x86)\Gravity Interactive, Inc\Ragnarok Online Transcendence\Ragexe.20200905155101.dmp

#197 zie88

zie88

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

hii..i need help too..i cannot launch the game..already fresh format laptop to win 7 pro SP1..no antivirus installed, firewall off, run the game as admin..but still cannot run the game..got this kind of error..thanks..

https://ibb.co/q5YLCMg

https://ibb.co/qD5CXZw

#198 2535160418144217460

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:11 PM

Trying to run Ragnarok on Steam (Steam Client)

Every time I boot the game, I get the BSoD.

When it BSoD, and then restarts my computer, the Ragnarok folder is deleted by the computer.

This is the course of events:

1. Computer boots

2. Log in

3. Log in to Steam

4. Re-download RO

5. Boot launcher

6. Logs me in automatically because I've successfully run it before on this computer with the steam client.
7. Patches

8. Close launcher after patching for good measure.

9. Open launcher again from within steam interface.

10. Hit play.

11. Settings menu opens (graphics drivers, resolution options, etc, so on)

12. BSoD within seconds of the options menu opening.

Repeat

I have tried every step and method in the first post, including ones unrelated to BSoD.

I have checked drivers, versions, hardware, compatibility, conflicts, anti-virus, firewall, install, uninstall, reinstall, repair, admin command prompt.

I have read every post in its entirety, as well as searched for this issue and solutions externally to this website.

My computer's main specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Storage: 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD
Monitor/Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (Native). DVI cable. 30Hz

I am relatively tech-savvy, and the fact that we are poking in the dark at solutions to BSoD caused by Easy Anti Cheat is really frustrating. I have a long-term, on and off relationship with Ragnarok Online.

I started when the game was in closed beta in Korea (kRO Beta), back when it was pay to play/subscription. Then closed beta tested iRO when it finally made it out.
I wanted to play with a friend (who encountered an error and found a solution using this forum, .dll error, sfc /scannow fixed his), but I cannot anymore on this computer.

Reading verbatim every post in this thread, I have gathered that there is potentially an issue with Easy Anti Cheat not pushing compatibility updates to correspond with recent Windows Updates.
Searching the internet, I have found that the RO community is not the only community to suffer in recent times. Quite a number of other services which license EAC have also suffered (Dead by Daylight, Apex Legends, etc).

This leads me to one conclusion:
Easy Anti Cheat IS the problem. Not RO, not Windows, not other services running that windows itself uses/installs/executes in the background.

Which has me wondering, where else in the world would this be acceptable?

Warp Portal/Gravity licenses EAC services in order to reduce/prevent cheating in their online game, correct?
Licensing software general involves monetary compensation by the one requesting the service (Warp Portal/Gravity) to the provider of said service (EAC).

Easy Anti Cheat is preventing users from playing the game or service who otherwise shouldn't be prevented, and is having detrimental conflicts with windows.
As I gather, Warp Portal is paying for this service expecting it to work within expected parameters and should issues arrive, that they be handled by licenser of said service in a timely manner.
Why are we troubleshooting an issue caused by proprietary software of a company that isn't even responding to user issues or requests (to my knowledge) of Warp Portal members.

That's like going to a burger shop, ordering a burger, paying for it, expecting a burger, but getting everything except the burger patty.

To which they, the burger shop, responds, "Well, you can try grilling your own patty at home, that should fix the problem."
It's irrelevant whether or not we have burger patties at home which we can grill and add to the "burger" we have purchased, because that is NOT what we paid for.

In the real world, we would expect to have them rectify the issue in a timely manner, i.e. giving us the patty, or more realistically, making a whole new burger at no additional cost to the customer.

So then, why does Warp Portal continue to "pay" for a service that is causing compatibility issues and, in extreme cases, a blue screen of death for users who otherwise shouldn't be having this problem

because they aren't using problematic software, and the service is conflicting with software installed by, executed by, and running in the background by Microsoft Windows?
If EAC isn't going to rectify this in a timely manner, despite them (possibly) requesting these issues be resolved, why do they not consider using another service, if they must, which does NOT have these conflicts

with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and related software installed by Windows Updater?

Basically if I cannot resolve this, I cannot play Ragnarok Online (officially).

PS:
Where can I request a nickname change? Autogenerated sucks.

#199 KurahDSAndry

KurahDSAndry

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:19 AM

Is there an android emulator that works with the EAC?

Or at least some way to make it work.

#200 Itsarapong

Itsarapong

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:39 AM

EAC is really stupid, or maybe my AMD Ryzen 5 is stupid... I don't know.

I have to disable CPU Virtualization in the BIOS if I want to play Ragnarok. That mean I cannot use any VM on my current PC to make any IT Lab.

Damn it !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users