iRO:T 90% of iro players dont speak english? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 5 votes

iRO:T 90% of iro players dont speak english?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 sonatta

sonatta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:14 PM

im really having hard time to find parties ,buying, and selling ,coz majority of population dont speak english?

it seems 90% of population speaks brazlian =_=

my daily encounters be like:

"R> level 60+ "

"B> VIP leave offer"

'player1 has entered'

player1: APFKW DSWDDS

me: Hi there

me: sorry i dont understand, can u speak english?

player1:player: KJBFFA UHFZD

'player1 left the chat'

i was like what did just happened? D:

its kinda rude they assume that there are no other nationalities exists in server, they think International ragnarok is local brazillan server =_= 

EDIT: i just found out that they hated their official brazillan server coz of thier publisher bad attitude and mismanagement.

dont you think you guys are doing the same? maybe try to communicate with others in international language known as 'english' since we're on 'international' server for reason

Edited by sonatta, 11 January 2020 - 04:53 PM.

#2 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:32 PM

Selamat pagi!!

uAdBOTC.gif

I learned that from Nichijou and know nothing else about Malaysia or their language. just wanted an excuse

Edited by azumak1, 11 January 2020 - 12:32 PM.

#3 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:39 PM

every online games have language barriers and we appreciate chicanos playing iRO cos they're the ones making iRO live once and for all lol.  if you don't have friends to play with then you're screwed.

#4 tofuscramble

tofuscramble

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm the only American there.  I've legitimately seen more general chat in foreign languages than English.

Also, there seems to be lots of people playing even in the crack of dawn, when most of NA would be sleeping, so definitely a big international presence here.  Except EU, RIP.

#5 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

OP, you have a post in the Filipino Tambayan thread in Tagalog and you're complaining about pinoys.

#6 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

LMAO yeah. Get used to it I guess... I as a Brazilian can assure you that most Brazilians on this server (or at any other place/situation for that matter) don't speak english.

Edit: But when you're recruiting peeps you might want to just skip asking whether people speak english or not and just invite them directly; that works.

Edited by Paprikaa, 11 January 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#7 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:26 PM

sometimes they pm me like "ola amigo es" or "por pabor" but i reply them to this "sorry i dont speak your language so please talk to me in english", they reply me that they dont have much know on english so thats understandable, usually happens when im playing at chaos doing party in low ti...

Edited by ad0l, 11 January 2020 - 03:27 PM.

#8 leo1074

leo1074

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

Ragnarok is very nostalgic for us brazilians, thats why u see a bunch of us. It was really huge in 2005ish

I came back just because a friend asked me to. but i believe the majority of players speak english. well i do... kkkkk

Edited by leo1074, 11 January 2020 - 03:40 PM.

#9 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

Hey, who cares. As long as they are not cheating like some other English players... let them play all they want.

#10 devilzxtacy

devilzxtacy

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

It's like a time machine back to 2005.

Edited by devilzxtacy, 11 January 2020 - 03:31 PM.

#11 RagsBruno

RagsBruno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

i'm from SEA roexe i cant really stand pinoys speaking their mothertongue. when it should be 'english' coz theres alot of malaysian/singapore/indonesian players too.. 

so i decided to try iRO:T.. however it looks like same issue too.

it seems 90% of people speak brazlian =_=

Just a FYI here, we speak portuguese :D

and yes a lot of brazilians is here because WPP Brazil staff is ruining Brazilian Ragnarok server.

but dont feel exxcluded some us can speak english, some are just trolls and others thinks its a portuguese server

but i think most of us have basic english.

just a little Guide

V> "item" means Selling

C> "Item" means Buying

R> "party level (Lvl) + Number) means someone is recruting for party and they re saying the level needed

"Buffs" means Increase Agility and Bless

If you want to talk to me ingame my nick is Rags

:D 

#12 Deodreoz

Deodreoz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

The official server in Brasil is sunked in corruption and bad administration. So we don´t have other choice than try or luck here.

Most of us are friendly i promise =)

#13 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

The problem is a lot of people assume we have to know their language and when we don't, they get really irritated or angry. It is ok to use a lingua franca for communication purposes. If you find out the person knows your language or wants to learn the language, feel free to use it!

#14 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

Wow, that's one way to be disrespectful. If you don't understand what they're saying and they can't understand english just let them be.

Probably like 95% of us speaks English and another language as well. I, myself speaks another language which is French.

#15 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

Make China great again, so everyone will be forced to speak Mandarin <3

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

sorry

ppl around here tend to be idiots

sincerely,
someone who doesn't identify as BR online

pra quem é BR

a gente que se adapta ao servidor e costumes de onde ta jogando, nao o contrario.

Edited by Ashuckel, 11 January 2020 - 04:26 PM.

#17 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

APARTIP REDACT, RAVER TEN SCAVER, KISHMIRGA!

#18 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

Every time someone speaks Spanish, Brazilian, or any non-English language, I always say sorry that I cannot speak in their dialect. There's even one time that I already apologize or something but still insists on speaking their dialect. I think there should be a some sort of auto-translate feature in RO (or just open Google translate) to make the communications better.

OP, you have a post in the Filipino Tambayan thread in Tagalog and you're complaining about pinoys.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he edited the post. :heh:

#19 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

Anyone can use the language they want! The problems arise when people are language shaming others for not using the same language and pretty much exclude you from any possible content in the game. 

#20 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:35 PM

Every time someone speaks Spanish, Brazilian, or any non-English language, I always say sorry that I cannot speak in their dialect. There's even one time that I already apologize or something but still insists on speaking their dialect. I think there should be a some sort of auto-translate feature in RO (or just open Google translate) to make the communications better.

Thankfully I haven't encountered someone rude when they talk to me in pt-br or spanish. I do try to reply a bit with the little knowledge I know then I see them get excited that I somewhat understand. :heh:

Spoiler

#21 sonatta

sonatta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

so you're my stalker now?? lol

yup pinoy think they're superior and they own the SEA server..  they just simply dont care about other foreigners (malaysian/singapore/indo/thai) which consist 20% to 30% of population

i have few australian/malaysian friends in sea that quitted. almost malaysian guilds are gone. they felt unwelcomed and alienated. coz they're not speaking pinoy language lol

Edited by sonatta, 11 January 2020 - 09:27 PM.

#22 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

More than half of my guildmates in renewal are fellow filipinos. But we still agreed to talk mainly in english just so our non-peenoise friends don't get left out in conversations

There's good and bad people everywhere, regardless of race or location.
Let's not use this thread to spread bs, ok?

Aren't we supposed to be glad ragnarok's slightly more 'international' again?

Edited by ninJedi, 11 January 2020 - 11:59 PM.

#23 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:23 AM

so you're my stalker now?? lol
yup pinoy think they're superior and they own the SEA server..  they just simply dont care about other foreigners (malaysian/singapore/indo/thai) which consist 20% to 30% of population

i have few australian/malaysian friends in sea that quitted. almost malaysian guilds are gone. they felt unwelcomed and alienated. coz they're not speaking pinoy language lol

This is also the reason why I prefer here in iRO (specifically Thor server) over the SEA server (ROMSP) and I'm even a Pinoy. Also, at least in iRO Thor, everyone is equal in terms of races and languages, like I have many players I have been closed with have diverse nationalities, which dominated by Indonesians and few others like Malaysians, Pinoys, etc. Careful though since there are still some who are -_-y regardless of the race.

EDIT: One of the scenarios are like this.

Spoiler

Edited by Jeneeus, 12 January 2020 - 12:34 AM.

#24 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:46 AM

The "i" in iRO stands for international and it's really cool meeting people from other places in game! I still miss my EU buddies.

It can be rough sometimes, trying to communicate with people who don't speak your language. That goes both ways tho'. Lil bit of patience and kindness goes a long way.

#25 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:55 AM

We speak Portuguese, not Brazilian.

the same way you don't speak Uinted States of American

Edit: That said, since it's an international server located in the US, I think everyone should speak english here, or get ignored.

Edited by Hardc0re, 12 January 2020 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users