90 Day Password Change **WarpPortal Accounts Only** - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

90 Day Password Change **WarpPortal Accounts Only**

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:04 AM

Hello Everyone!

Please know that for security reasons, as of 4/14/2021, if you have not logged in to your WarpPortal account for 90 consecutive days, you will need to reset your WarpPortal account password the next time you try to log in. For information on changing your Warpportal Account Password, please see our knowledge base article:

*This affects Warpportal Account passwords ONLY, game accounts will not be affected by this change.

#2 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:05 AM

So to emphasize- this ONLY affects your WP account, not your game account. Also, it ONLY happens if you haven't logged onto your WP account for 90 days. Thanks!

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

Wow, this is absolutely terrific.

Its good to see that questions and concerns we have enquired about didn't get lost in the flow of topics and that you have been keeping tabs on finding out the information for us CM Mayari.

I do suggest we can get this posted on the actual warpportal website itself and for those that never actually look at the website, at least given ingame announcements like how it does with the GM team code of conduct in that they do not ever message players randomly to use teamviewer.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 20 April 2021 - 12:37 PM.

#4 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I forwarded it over to the team.  :) I believe you'll be seeing it on WP website soon.  :no1: Much appreciated!

#5 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:29 PM

at start of 4/14/2021 (which is already) i should log in before 90 days so that i dont have to reset it again ?

#6 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

Thank you CMMayari!

#7 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:56 AM

i have a lot of WP account , what is the penalty of not changing password ? my reason is i don't open some of my WP account.

#8 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:36 AM

The penalty is that if you haven't logged into your WP account for 90 consecutive days, you will need to reset your password the next time you log in. That's it. Your account still exists and functioning, your game accounts still exist and functioning, and your game account passwords aren't reset.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 21 April 2021 - 07:38 AM.

#9 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

The penalty is that if you haven't logged into your WP account for 90 consecutive days, you will need to reset your password the next time you log in. That's it. Your account still exists and functioning, your game accounts still exist and functioning, and your game account passwords aren't reset.

can anyone from the admin confirm this ? thanks in advances 

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:36 AM

Wish I knew this before the 90 days were up x-x

#11 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:34 AM

ikr? They should have told us before the deadline, not after.

WP being WP

#12 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:45 AM

It's explained in the first post.

While the policy became their official policy a week ago, the policy has been in place longer:

https://forums.warpp...e-past-90-days/

Your game accounts are still functioning since December, right? Mine have been, and I was forced to change the passwords to most of my WP accounts today because I hadn't logged into them since December.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 21 April 2021 - 11:58 AM.

#13 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:04 PM

It's explained in the first post.

While the policy became their official policy a week ago, the policy has been in place longer:

https://forums.warpp...e-past-90-days/

Your game accounts are still functioning since December, right? Mine have been, and I was forced to change the passwords to most of my WP accounts today because I hadn't logged into them since December.

thank for answering but i need an admin to answer, i got of bad experience in the support that i can't explain to you.

#14 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

at start of 4/14/2021 (which is already) i should log in before 90 days so that i dont have to reset it again ?

Yes  :ok:

"The penalty is that if you haven't logged into your WP account for 90 consecutive days, you will need to reset your password the next time you log in. That's it. Your account still exists and functioning, your game accounts still exist and functioning, and your game account passwords aren't reset."

^^^ Yes, that's correct. Thank you! 

#15 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:49 PM

Yes :ok:

"The penalty is that if you haven't logged into your WP account for 90 consecutive days, you will need to reset your password the next time you log in. That's it. Your account still exists and functioning, your game accounts still exist and functioning, and your game account passwords aren't reset."

^^^ Yes, that's correct. Thank you!

last question, is it okay if i log in once kinda like once in a month or once before 90 days??

#16 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:55 PM

Yup yup, you'll be good!  :no1:

#17 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:44 PM

Wish I knew this before the 90 days were up x-x

Wish I had known too.  As with my game accounts, now the warp portal accounts are expired.  When the game accounts expired waaaay back in December, that also stopped me from going back to the game.  At least my forum account hasn't expired so this is the one thing left that still works.

#18 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

You can reach out to the support team to help you regain access to your accounts: https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

The accounts themselves aren't expired, they should still be there. If you don't have access to the email addresses you originally used for them, the support team can also help you with that. Thanks!

#19 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 June 2021 - 03:55 AM

Hi, sorry for necro-ing this post I just noticed that the post said GAME ACCOUNTS will NOT have their passwords reset but why is that not the case with me and all my in game friends. We are unable to access the game (Failed to connect to server) unless the game account password is reset in the Warpportal site. Luckily for me, I can recall my accounts well but some friends of mine cannot recall the email addresses associated with their game accounts anymore. Are the game account passwords included in the password reset as well? My friends are having a hard time retrieving their WP associated emails.

#20 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 10:49 AM

Hello! No problem. This was only applied starting 4/14/2021.

Has it been a while since you and your friends have logged onto the game? One reason I can think of to explain why you were unable to log into your game accounts is due to the Password Change Campaign that occurred a couple months ago:

http://renewal.playr...aspx?id=500&p=1

For the friends that are unable to recall their email addresses, the support team will be able to help them out: 
https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any other questions. Thank you!  :ok:

#21 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 11:57 AM

Is it still necessary to change our WP account passwords?

#22 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 01:37 PM

No, if you have logged into your WP account (at warpportal.com, not forums.warpportal.com) within 90 days after the most recent login.

If you have not logged into your WP account (at warpportal.com) for 90 days since the most recent login, the password will need to be reset before logging in.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 06 July 2021 - 01:37 PM.

#23 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 04:45 PM

Oh dang, you're right! There was no need to change it, we just have to log in.

Welp, I already changed them all, so I guess I'm all set now lol.

Anyway, what I meant was: is this still ongoing? Like if we don't log in by 07/14, will the account have its password reset again? Or was this just a two times thing?

#24 clizie

clizie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Server:Lasagna

Posted 22 December 2022 - 04:34 AM

Help on this one so i have here 13 main accounts but they are not accesible now. can i make a ticket on this one using only the user names and password and email registered to to reset their password and transfer to another email source? i cannot open my outlook/yahoo/gmail iD's now its too old and long lost foegotten.

#25 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:36 PM

Help on this one so i have here 13 main accounts but they are not accesible now. can i make a ticket on this one using only the user names and password and email registered to to reset their password and transfer to another email source? i cannot open my outlook/yahoo/gmail iD's now its too old and long lost foegotten.

Send in a ticket with all/as much of this info as you can:

WP Account Name(and sub ro accounts):

Character names:

Server:

Registered Warpportal email:
Registered Date of Birth:

Nickname:

Name:

Country of Access:

After they get back to you and if they confirm you they will ask what you want the new email to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users