OCP suggestion: Physical RKs *really* need gear that reduces the cooldown on Ignition Break - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

OCP suggestion: Physical RKs *really* need gear that reduces the cooldown on Ignition Break

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:46 PM

To get to the point: Physical RKs (i.e., RKs built around skills other than Dragon Breath) have no truly practical option for leveling in the 181 - 185 range, which is all about efficiently grouping and killing mobs of monsters in Nogg 3 and AGH (soloing monsters in AGH "works" - for sufficiently modest expectations of "works" - until about 180)

The crux of the problem is Ignition Break, which is supposed to be the capstone AoE skill for the Physical RK subclass, but is unviable for leveling past 175+ due to a crippling dual handicap of middling max damage and god-awful 2 second cooldown. While IB's max damage could certainly use a shot in the arm, the second flaw, its cooldown, is what definitively sinks it as a leveling tool after 175.

The good news: Some googling suggests that there are at least three pieces of gear in the Extended RO Cinematic Universe™ that significantly reduce IB Cooldown:

• Volar [2]: Reduces Ignition Break cooldown by 1 second.
  • Ignition Shadow Earring: Reduces Ignition Break cooldown by 0.2 seconds, and then by an additional 0.1 seconds per 3 refine levels.
  • Automatic Module (Wave Break): Reduces Ignition Break cooldown by .25 seconds each.
As far as I can tell, these aren't available on iRO. Getting at least Volar and the Ignition Shadow Set onto iRO should be a priority (I'm not sure if the "Wave Break Module" depends on additional Episode content, but if not, yeah, that too...).

Thanks.

#2 Hikari

Hikari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 10:36 PM

If I'm not mistaken Volar is also future in-game content. There is technically a JRO item that would have fulfilled what you're asking for: Jasper Circlet, unfortunately due to the wrong version being implemented on the server already in the same item ID, they would have to create a separate Jasper Circlet Type J to implement it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users