Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP? - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

We want to ask you what sort of buffs, services, and quests would you like to have as part of your VIP status? We have many planned services planned, but maybe we can implement it better or sooner based on what you would like.

• For warps be sure to state Starting point and warp to point.
  • For buffs, be sure you include the type, how long it lasts, where it is given and how long to get it again.
  • For quests, let us know details so we can imagine it as you do.
Tomorrow (4/7/2011) maintenance will have us implement the ones we can put in, such short order, with more planned in the upcoming weeks. Don't forget that part of this is adding premium maps as we get them created, so don't be shy about discussing monsters and maps too!

#2 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

It would be nice if we had permanent NPCs which offer turn in quests in many popular maps to encourage partying and not just soloing. Basically a rehash of the old EXP events of pre-renewal except they could run on most maps.

#3 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

i would like to have, rent a peco/repair on every town kafra. -=]

#4 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

For buffs we could have +5 stat buff similar to kRO's net café buff. This is the only buff I find that won't make Priests or other in game items useless.

#5 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Warps from Prontera to Juno, Lighthalzen, Rachel, Einbroch, Hugel please. The airship seems to be a thing of the past.

+10 food buffs that last 20 minutes would be nice. But then again that sounds pserver-ish and would almost eliminate the Cooking system...
I guess a generic bless/agi/assumptio that lasts for 20 minutes wouldn't hurt just for the newbies who don't have alt priests yet.

Maps - Bossnia please.

#6 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Keika in Juno, the NPC who has most of the Airship teleports... I would like her to go to Veins.

Keika/Juno -> Veins

As well, I would like Veins Cool Corp to go to Juno, since it's pretty out there.

Veins -> Juno

Buffs I would like: Advanced First Class link (NPC in near Kafra Gal/Cool Corp/Cat, 10 minutes), Stat +10 (30 minutes), Authoritative Badge effect (Faster walking, 5 minutes)

And asking for quests, monsters, and maps... Oh Heimy, you're going to make a monster of work for yourself. I'll gladly contribute. Just let me get the sketch pad out. :(

#7 Christurk

Christurk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Perma monster turnins for higher level monsters so u dont have to grind away at say dragons once every 5 months nonstop.. Have like a kill 100/200 of Venatu/Hill Wind/Desert Wolf/Apocolapse/Nightmare Terror/Patite

1-99 normal and 1-99 trans isn't bad cause u lvl fast enough to move to different maps quick enough. As 3rd class 100+ you tend to stay at same place for a while, a turnin to look foward to would be nice instead of just XP.

#8 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Warp:
Eden Group place to -
- AL3 entrance
- Ranchel Sanctury lv2 entrance
- mag2 entance

being so greedy lol.

#9 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Kaahi (Hard to choose a level for this, maybe 3 is a good baseline?) / Soul Link - 30 min duration
Bless/Agi/(Assu? Maybe a bit much) - 30 min duration
+5~10 stat food buffs - 30 min duration

All can be in a centralized location, Eden Group headquarters was a good suggestion.

Warps to specific dungeons, from centralized location, again Eden Group HQ works for this. Possible warps:

Magma 2
Juperos entrance
Abyss Lake level 2 (Similar to the turnin event warp)
Rachel Sanctuary (Bypass quest)
Nameless Island 1 (Bypass quest)

Turnin quests similar to how they worked pre-re. Not more than one monster per quest, though. Isilla/vanberk combined didn't work well.

#10 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well, since you made the stupid decision to NOT put convexes on ymir, like I said in the VIP launch thread:

Put an NPC somewhere near the portal that tells VIP subscribers the rough estimate to +/- 5 minutes of the next MVP spawn. That gives people a 10 minute window to hunt the MVP because it could spawn anytime in those 10 minutes.

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Totally agree on proper turn in quests for higher levels. Just pure kill counts. No item turn ins.

Is it possible for VIP accounts to get access to more instances (MVP instances, special dungeons)? I know more instances has been suggested but maybe giving them to VIP accounts would act as a good incentive to get into the program. Maybe even lessen the Endless Tower cool down for VIP accounts to once every 72 hours if entirely new instances are too much to ask for.

Edited by Kitten, 06 April 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#12 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Warps from Prontera to the following locations:
Nameless Island
Thor's Volcano
Geffenia
Abyss Lake Level 1 or 3?
Ice Dungeon

You could also add copies of dungeons like Dragons/Magma2/Juperos ( call them premium dungeons? ) with increased spawns, difficulty & exp :(

#13 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Bless/Agi/Assumpt/Kyrie/Angelus/Aspersio/Kaahi for 4mins (And please make Kaahi dont stack with RG's Reflect Dmg Skill, its kinda unfair for other classes RGs level that way)

Juperos/RachelSanc/AL3 dungeon warps should be in Eden Group and turn in quests (not much turn-in exp so people can also get exp from killing.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 06 April 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

An AoE leveling skill for bishops without a ridiculous hugenormus cast time. You can call it buff instead of balance, but that is all I would ask. Maybe a special buff to make adoramus 3x3 for the next 10 minutes or something...

#15 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

YMIR Maps

Add a "Grace" Area.
A Grace Area would be like a Section by the portal people could AFK characters at while being on the map, where monsters cannot get them and cannot spawn.

This would fix not only issues of Alts or Slaves dying while Dual-Clienting, but also fix that there would be no monsters on the portal to kill you if you lag while you load to miss the "Couple Second" Immunity.

Example: Posted Image
The Black Area being the "Grace" Area limits. The X Being where the VIP Map Porter would stand. (See Duplicate Maps)

NOTE: I used South pront as an Example, I AM NOT saying it needs a VIP Alternate by any means.

VIP Town
Something like a special VIP Town.

Nothing to where VIP's have extra NPC's just a new place to afk, have guild spots and to lower the lag in prontera? A Place to get away from bots if they show up?

Duplicate Maps:
Also Duplicate some Dungeons and maps just for VIP's. An NPC could stand in the "Grace" Area that would teleport you if your VIP to the new map.

Map could include:
Increased Spawns
Increased Drops?
Lowered MVP Spawn Timers
A Turn-In Map Kill count quest.

In Towns:

Add the Ability for VIP Accounts to be able to use the "Rent Mount" and "Repair" Options at each Kafra.

Community/Gravity Held In-Game Events

Kind of like more events that Ultimate holds.

Warp Maze - Gravity Held Event
Gravity employees could host a Warp maze creating warps that appear at one area like 6 in one room a one leads to the next room with 5 portals while the rest teleport you to Prontera. Once the person gets to the final room a GM could give them a prize, have 3 winners.

Dedicated Vending Zone
Make a map that would be a Dedicated Vending area. This would be the map you would come to Vend, sort of like a Mall.
This could clean pront up a bit.

Currency
Make a Currency that looks like a ticket or something that stacks like any other item.

1 Ticket = 10Million Zeny

Make an NPC that can convert the Tickets to Zeny and Zeny to Tickets at the "Mall" area.
This would allow for more easier High Priced Trades, and also fixes the Zeny Limit Issue, without brining the Bank issue into play.

VIP'S ONLY.

VIP Leveling

As Already Stated, Turn-In KILL (Not Item) Counts.

Special Level Angel for VIP's, much like the TK Kids, make it buff Bless 10, AGI 10, Assumptio 5 every time a VIP Person levels.

Removal of the Drop Penalty for VIP's

Guilds
Creation of a guild should only be allowed to happen by someone who is VIP.

If the person becomes an Un-VIP while being the guild leader, the guild will no longer be able to level.

This gives incentive to have people pay for VIP.

Edited by Shanden, 07 April 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#16 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Premium only events, and maybe returning the permanent kill count quests.

And most importantly... FINALLY ALLOWING CHARACTER TRANSFER BETWEEN YMIR, VALK, AND YGG.

Edited by Kinnay, 06 April 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#17 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

Oh, Shanden, you put something I was thinking of earlier. :( I was thinking that when during Magma 2 earlier, only two other parties and it was cramped. And this is on Ygg! I feel bad for Ymir/Valk with that...

#18 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Aside from what's already been said, I'd like to see more turn-in type quests, especially ones that focus on job. There's a lot for base but rarely any for job exp. Perhaps these new quests would allow the user to choose where the EXP goes? Maybe in the vein of the Eden signpost quests?

More job exp reward turn ins would be nice too, since myself as a new player, without fancy weapons, levelling to job 70 can be a drag. I've found that 99 comes way sooner than 70, and it wouldn't hurt to have the two meet a little sooner. Maybe make turn in quests that utilize the maps around Rachel that are pretty desolate? For monsters, I'd probably pick something like Roweens, Hill Winds, Anacondaqs, and Desert Wolves to have their own quests. Kobolds seem popular enough on their own so maybe they don't need to have a quest attached to them.

I don't have any experience beyond 99 so I don't know what to suggest for them. They seem to have an issue with base vs job to an even higher degree.

#19 Draco

Draco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

For warps, I just say put an eden group NPC is every town and put Keika or whatever in there. Put town warps and offer a limited amount of dungeon warps. I don't agree with spoiling players by allowing them to easily be able to warp through every single map to get to a specific area. It kind of moots the point of having more then five maps in the game.

As far as quest NPCs, encourage quests that are like the event we had in AL3 recently. No exp, but a set number killed gives about the same exp as all combined. Put a few of those around and maybe change up areas every two weeks or so. Offer some variety. Maybe some other quests that don't involve killing for some of the lower levels. Like delivery quests. Make them walk through maps (Killing as they go maybe?) by placing checkpoints on each map to the location (This is of course to discourage teleporting via kafra.)

For buffs, I agree with one of the previous posters that VIP should be able to get +5 to all stats for 30 minutes and get 'basic' buffs (Bless/Agi/Mag) that last 5-10 minutes. Maybe offer more 'premium' buffs for a zeny cost (Like 5k zeny each buff or maybe some reagents like gemstones and such).

I also think we could try to implement something to help newer players get in the groove. Maybe a guild for newer players that have people in similar circumstances so that they can party and maybe get increased bonuses for doing such. I don't know how/if we can offer a better exp rate for being in a guild, but yeah.

That's what I got.

#20 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

mounts for every class lol...

ohh maybe Sacrament as a Buff for 20 min or so...

#21 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

I disagree with putting 3rd class buff skills in. Leave gloomy/secrament/striking etc out of buff npcs IMO.

#22 TitaniaAlice

TitaniaAlice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hmmm Warp.. how about warp to new wolrd monster (bypass quest)
and yeah like ppl saying to Juno e.t.c

Buffs, how about make a npc which gives full buff (Increase AGI,Blessing,Imposito Manus,Angelus,Gloria,Assumption),
which every priest/hp/ab have for like 10 min AND to make it not so cool for us :)... make it for people who is just lower than lvl 50~

Any hunting quest 108-150
1.Dragons
3.Isilas
4.New World monsters

for lower lvl`s like 85-108
1.Titans
2.Kobolds
3.Magmarings

e.tc :(

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

I disagree with putting 3rd class buff skills in. Leave gloomy/secrament/striking etc out of buff npcs IMO.

I agree.

I'd love to have long-lasting bless+agi from npc though /rice

#24 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Negate the 10k zeny cost to the international maps + TI from Alberta. Or tune it down to something like 1k.

#25 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

i'd like to not pay for 700wp every month cause im VIP thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users