[R] 2/10 Server Problems - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[R] 2/10 Server Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#1 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

[mod]The servers seem to be completely acting up tonight with rollbacks, incorrect map changes, monsters where they shouldn't be, etc.

I've texted the GMs to let them know about this problem but it's 1:30 AM PST, meaning anyone that can really do anything is asleep. I'm hoping it will be dealt with first thing in the morning.

For now, I would encourage everyone to simply log off until these problems are resolved. With the rollbacks you likely won't get much of anything done, and the problems trying to play tonight may potentially create aren't worth it.

Do not buy items from the Kafra Shop. The points AND items will be lost.[/mod]

Edited by Ralis, 10 February 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#2 MekoBilly

MekoBilly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

You mean, anything I found during MVPing forexample in this REAL chaos will be taken away?

Edited by MekoBilly, 10 February 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#3 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

That's what a roll-back is...

#4 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

If you find it now, you will lose it as the server is constantly rolling back.

#5 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

lol ive lost so much base exp on my lvl 95 hunter (would be 96 but it rolled me back a whole level and then teleported me into a spot where i died). then tried to play one of my lowbie characters and get dced everytime i try to use a job point on my skill tree.

we better get a x2 event. i lost over 500k exp on my hunter cuz of this. even if its just a day of x2, it would make up for everything weve lost (im sure people have lost out on dropped items tonight)

btw....its 130am.... ON A SATURDAY! who the hell goes to bed at 1am on a saturday night? are the admins all 50 years old?

Edited by killedbytofu, 10 February 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Triple EXP for the rest of the week plz!

#7 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

lol ive lost so much base exp on my lvl 95 hunter (would be 96 but it rolled me back a whole level and then teleported me into a spot where i died). then tried to play one of my lowbie characters and get dced everytime i try to use a job point on my skill tree.

we better get a x2 event. i lost over 500k exp on my hunter cuz of this. even if its just a day of x2, it would make up for everything weve lost (im sure people have lost out on dropped items tonight)

btw....its 130am.... ON A SATURDAY! who the hell goes to bed at 1am on a saturday night? are the admins all 50 years old?

No they are people with jobs.Would you like to be at work at 1:30 AM on a Sunday?

Edited by Riakuta, 10 February 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#8 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

No they are people with jobs.Would you like to be at work at 1:30 AM on a Sunday?

i would assume that they would have remote access to the game from home for reasons such as this. if youre running a 24/h game, theres gotta be someone on staff to monitor/maintain. thus why the gm has the admins cellphone number in the first place

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Wish I could stay up but I'm also in Pacific Standard Time and I literally just got home from an 18 hour board meeting. @@ Hopefully this will all be fixed soon. I'll text Oda again in the morning if not.

#10 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

They're also (supposed to be) a professional company. They shouldn't be literally empty handed at any given point in time, because look what that ends up doing.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 10 February 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#11 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

good way to send me to sleep (5 am here lol) hope its fixed for when i wake up^^

#12 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I am not loosing Base EXP .. there's a WoE like situation in glast heim & i've been killed thrice there now..no loss in EXP though..

#13 NaMeonk

NaMeonk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Just got free time to play
download patch
and this chaos happened :p_cry:

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR
and thanks Ralis :kis:

~Meonk~

#14 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

18 hour board meeting?!?!?!?! you meant 8 right? theres no company on the planet that would have people sitting in an office for 18 hours in 1 day....unless you work for the judicial court or are in politics lol

They're also (supposed to be) a professional company. They shouldn't be literally empty handed at any given point in time, because look what that ends up doing.

^this

#15 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

I finished leveling some alts on ant eggs 2 hours ago everything was fine from my pov but logged off my buy shop since this is chaos.

#16 Ramzaz

Ramzaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Wow there goes my 12$ down the drain. oh well..

#17 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

I would think that they can just look at all of the KP/WPE transactions that occured within a certain period and roll them back with the rest of the server.

With that said, I do think someone should be on the graveyard shift to at least shut down the servers in such an emergency circumstance as this, until the actual IT team can come in and find the bug(s). If there were even one person there monitoring the system and be able to flip the 'off' switch, they could spare themselves that many extra hours of transactions to undo. It's not like anything can be done in the game at the moment anyway, so it'd be better to just turn it all off. =/

#18 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

^this

Generally, there would be one or more system administrators on call. They wouldn't keep system administrators at the office 24 hours, 7 days a week. Especially considering the size of the company and their line of work.

#19 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I would think that they can just look at all of the KP/WPE transactions that occured within a certain period and roll them back with the rest of the server.

With that said, I do think someone should be on the graveyard shift to at least shut down the servers in such an emergency circumstance as this, until the actual IT team can come in and find the bug(s). If there were even one person there monitoring the system and be able to flip the 'off' switch, they could spare themselves that many extra hours of transactions to undo. It's not like anything can be done in the game at the moment anyway, so it'd be better to just turn it all off. =/

the server just needs a reset. usually GMs have the ability to at least mass boot everyone. i dunno if they can remote access restart, but there should def be someone on call at any hour for something like that

#20 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Yeah they should always have at least 1 person who can do some kind of fix or shut down tbh.

#21 neko09

neko09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

GMs...no trolling please :(

#22 gangga

gangga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Server:ChaoticYVY

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

They do it on purpose, peeps who can stand it will be awarded with their desired Godly.

Edited by gangga, 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#23 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

It's really stupid if our ET loot gone, we just clear it :hmm: :hmm:

#24 Raine018

Raine018

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

I agree about the shifting for the employees..
and also how can we get back our VIP, even if it will last for only few hours, it means a lot to every player coz we pay real money. What do you think?

#25 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

really fun that no Gm or Admin are on Qq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users