Anhlabs Hacksheild What people should know - Page 2 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anhlabs Hacksheild What people should know

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

That cause your system has problem withs latency to begin with that are worse then the actual latency that eagleX64 causes Just cause you dont notice dont mean there isnt a latency problem on the system. If you post that on any Hardware forum they will tell you same thing your system has latency issues. Some people dont notice some it dont bother. LatencyMon is perfectly accurate cause you have throttling problem and under run buffer run problem along with few other stuff. IT just dont bother your. It dont mean there isnt an issue

Either or Hacksheild is a ROOTKIT that DOES not get removed when you remove the game.

Edited by Puppet, 09 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#27 Itherian

Itherian

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

funny or not after checking this thread and unistalling that thing... the error_callback dissapeared and was able to update the game...

#28 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

No offense but there are a lot of hardware people out there and it's not hard to have knowledge in that field but hardware people don't really know anything about software.

Edited by coded, 09 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#29 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

So it's safe to remove this thing?

#30 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

you can uninstall (Threw Device manager with Show hidden devices under Non Plug and play devices) after removing the game removing it and still playing the game will just resinstall it. As far as I know there is no way to remove the registry keys though, just get error when trying to delete those.

One way or another hacksheild is ROOTKIT that dont get removed when you remove the game. EagleX64 cause Huge latency spikes. WHICH IS a software issue on Anhlabs end which bad programing if driver is doing that. And not may MMO install hidden system drivers. Atlest not the popular ones. I know WOW doesnt niether does Swtor Its mostly the Korean ones that do. Aion took flak for doing the same they then removed it. IT does not change fact once this stuff is on the system it pain to remove.

#31 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Kinda wish I can uninstall without having to reboot my comp. Everytime I try and uninstall while the game client is running, it'll prompt me for a system reboot which ruins the purpose. Only means is bypassing Hackshield itself for me, and I'm not technically competent. If anyone could help a guy out, even through private messaging, that'd be great. I'm really suspecting that this Eaglex64 is the root cause for my constant disconnectivity when during gameplay.

#32 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm confused...

I don't have ANY non-plug and play drivers in my Device Manager.

Help? O.o

#33 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

you do know anti-hacking shields are made from viral code right in the first place? as what was said in this topic about EagleX64 Disallows you from reading memory addresses, people may try to bypass it, but The Staff who ask for updates for hack shield stop this sort of stuff, i don't know what your actually claiming the problem is with hack shield's common EagleX64, as far as i know it doesn't cause any problems, as with what you said from it being identified as a rookit, remember tons of programs are made from viral code used to keep a game client safe. Anti-viruses picks it up as a root kit, but you should know what real root kits actually do, Completely Sever your internet connection altogether. EagleX64 is Completely Harmless, and i already know this sort of stuff to identify it, that EagleX64 Is a "Program" that is developed to stop you using harmful programs/3rd party programs. to read game memory to modify/access memory for cheating purposes.

Your Internet disconnections are usually because of your ISP, or your router/broadband/modem/switch, and please do not claim that ISP's do not cause disconnections on certain lines, they actually do on a lot of peoples lines in different countries, EagleX64 Is not the cause of your problem for your internet lines. it is safe and completely harmless.

You do realize ALSO Tons of programs on your computer actually install hidden device/programs that you don't know about, Hidden System Level Drivers

Hackshield may or may not be the cause of your latency, your ISP/broadband/router/modem/switch can also be the effect cause of the problem, this driver does not effect your over-all latency. i have not had a Single Amount of lagg when i used to play the game, with hackshield on and Previous mmos with hackshield on too.

And What are you actually running in the first place? or how much bandwidth have you used?, have you been throttled? Important things.

Your Client's latency is either because of the ping from your network, or because of your ISP/Broadband or so on.
Not because of hackshield. even though i dislike hackshield i just seem to be along fine with it, i can play anything with it on, or even if the EagleX64 driver is in the Hidden system level drivers, though technically your not suppose to be touching them anyway.

Edited by AmiiMii, 10 June 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#34 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yesh, you do need EageX64 Driver, in order to play.

If this isn't enabled then you will disconnect all the time because it uses heartbeat which means hackshield sends a signal to the server to indicate that it's still up and running if it's not then you will be DC.

From my experience (not from my knowledge), if you don't update properly then you will either DC (I skipped a patch 16 by changing the version in the version.dat file and I got DCed a lot) or funny things might happen, like when you enter the wave cave portal you end up in izude's cave instead.

Make sure you update properly. If you get an Error from the update, you can go to a web site and do it yourself or reinstall it again (hopefully you keep a copy of the setup file, I keep one on my usb).

btw, the reason my post is formated this way is because people seem to skimp posts so I hope this format will catch their eye better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users