Character moving back to enemy every auto-attack - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Character moving back to enemy every auto-attack

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Channel 5

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

* Bug originally introduced in 07/10 patch

* Reported several times

* Still happening

When being locked onto an enemy, if you try to run away from it (be it for the actual sake of running away, or going to use a non-target AoE on other enemies), every auto-attack tick, your char starts running back to the enemy you have targeted to try to attack it, even if it is behind you.

This makes tanking and running away from a boss a nightmare :p_sick:

Could you please look into it? Thanks! :p_smile:

#2 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

this is really annoying for melee and tanks btw.. they should really fix this

#3 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

PLEASE look into this, thanks.

#4 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Weekly bump :/

#5 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Now with video example:

THIS is the bug. It happens on any melee character. You can see that sometimes I get lucky with timing and run out of "swing back" range, but this has gotten me killed many times - Eremes especially (run into whirlwind) and in raids (run into AoE markers). The "work around" is to hold down the mouse button to control the camera, but it should just not happen. -_- Auto-spinning for skills is good and fine, but please please PLEASE find a way to make it not affect auto-attacks.

#6 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think you can also "work around" by casting a self-targeted skill like a buff, which will turn off your auto-attacking and let you run away. Pretty much every class has an easy buff to cast... except Monks. Using a potion might work too, since those break auto-attack. (Though that's something else they ought to fix too.)

Of course we shouldn't be forced to use work arounds.

#7 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

It actually came around the WoE Patch, and it seemed to be intending to fix the "face your enemy to attack" problem, because with some melees, it actually makes you face them.

It happened to Rangers, too, but for some reason, they fixed that.

However, since this bug/fix, I've not had any problems going inside monsters and getting the "face your enemy to attack" problem, and I've noticed it's a bit easier to tank on my Monk due to this bug/fix.

#8 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

It actually came around the WoE Patch, and it seemed to be intending to fix the "face your enemy to attack" problem, because with some melees, it actually makes you face them.

It happened to Rangers, too, but for some reason, they fixed that.

However, since this bug/fix, I've not had any problems going inside monsters and getting the "face your enemy to attack" problem, and I've noticed it's a bit easier to tank on my Monk due to this bug/fix.

OP mentioned the date it appeared.

Yes, the intent was so that skills don't complain you're not facing the enemy. In that sense, it works well - you use a skill, and it will turn you to the proper orientation for attacking. The underlying problem is auto-attacks triggering it.. there should be a way to separate the two, so that you can still run away (dodging AoEs and the like) yet still avoid the skill issue.

I didn't know self-buffs would work.. good to know. I've been tempted to start using escape to drop my target when needed. :p_swt:

#9 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

OP mentioned the date it appeared.

Yes, the intent was so that skills don't complain you're not facing the enemy. In that sense, it works well - you use a skill, and it will turn you to the proper orientation for attacking. The underlying problem is auto-attacks triggering it.. there should be a way to separate the two, so that you can still run away (dodging AoEs and the like) yet still avoid the skill issue.

I didn't know self-buffs would work.. good to know. I've been tempted to start using escape to drop my target when needed. :p_swt:

I know that. I was reiterating the date.

I actually think the Auto-Attack is what causes you to face the enemy, and if that's the case, then they can't be separated without somehow adding a few new lines of coding to the way it works. Like I said, they fixed it on Rangers by removing the Auto-Face-To-Auto-Attack function, and when that was done, skills didn't make you auto-face your enemy anymore, either, at least, not from my experience.

Why can't they just write up a code that makes you auto-face your enemy no matter what? Many MMOs out there have that function... :p_err:

#10 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Bump up to page one again. Just want to see actual acknowledgement of this issue/addition to the bug list. :p_swt:

#11 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

They are currently looking into looking at the thread. I would estimate the time for the thread to be acknowledged to be 'soon'.

#12 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

Still ongoing. Would anyone with half a brain AND whose job is to report bugs 1) respond that they are looking into it and 2) actually look into it?

Thank you.

#13 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

oh wow glad to see im not the only one with these issues ...

sad its still not fixed

#14 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

I really really really hate this one. Especially during boss fights when I am trying to get out of an AOE. My character likes to stick to the boss and move my camera angle around so that I stay in the AOE longer just to get hit.

#15 Nekogatari

Nekogatari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDream Japan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

I thought it was only me because I switched my keys around but MAN it's annoying. There were other times were my character would switch to a non-aggro and attack it for no reason. 

Edited by Nekogatari, 20 November 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#16 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

I thought it was just me... Glad to see I am not the only tank/melee class having this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users