Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PDT! Patch v. 486 - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PDT! Patch v. 486

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Knight indeed tanks physical hits godly, but if battle clerics or mages come by, knights are hopeless. Leonis only lower the AP passive on 1-hand weapon but forgot to lower the AP passive on xbow knight skill tree, I don't see any problem with knights at all, it's just their major weakness is not something common that people usually play, since not that much people play mage/battle clerics.

No problem with the debuff either, it is only annoying, not overpowered at all, and we are talking about wars. It is only overpowered when we talk about 1 vs 1.

lol, if only the def were the problem, but the dmg is what everyone kinda talking about and debuffs, if you want a good allround class go xbow Knight, thats what is right now, its not rly special on anything, just good at Everything ;)

#27 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

here is  the thing, i never intended to say knight is "bad" agenst physical hits, what i ment that knight have a bad magical defence in general and removing ap on 1 hand i dont know way knight hit bad from before in a way, i never play whit xbow so i have no ide how that is working out so i can coment on knight xbow, my knight is build for doing PvM and in dungons i never make my chars to be in PvP in general becose i think PvP is boring but ofcorse if someone jumps me i do what i have to to get back at them :P but as i stated i havent test my knight after skill update in PvP so i cant coment on it only thing i noticed after skill update is that knights magical defense is kinda bad compeared to before skill update and i test it solo turtle boss on orlo so there you go .....

#28 Archtog

Archtog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Knight indeed tanks physical hits godly, but if battle clerics or mages come by, knights are hopeless. Leonis only lower the AP passive on 1-hand weapon but forgot to lower the AP passive on xbow knight skill tree, I don't see any problem with knights at all, it's just their major weakness is not something common that people usually play, since not that much people play mage/battle clerics.

No problem with the debuff either, it is only annoying, not overpowered at all, and we are talking about wars. It is only overpowered when we talk about 1 vs 1.

I personally have a mage and I've tested it against many classes. Just today I attempted to help kill a knight in tg. The knight was tanking 4 players like it was nothing, so I decided to help. I used my magic-defense down (with quite high charm) and started using my damage skills and stuns. This seemingly had no effect so I also FULLY debuffed him and proceeded to continue using damage spells. This knight continued tanking for at least a full minute before casually moving towards gamp and leaving. 

Knights are in no way very easy to kill with magic damage.

#29 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I personally have a mage and I've tested it against many classes. Just today I attempted to help kill a knight in tg. The knight was tanking 4 players like it was nothing, so I decided to help. I used my magic-defense down (with quite high charm) and started using my damage skills and stuns. This seemingly had no effect so I also FULLY debuffed him and proceeded to continue using damage spells. This knight continued tanking for at least a full minute before casually moving towards gamp and leaving. 

Knights are in no way very easy to kill with magic damage.

guess it depends on what equip your using on the knight, for my knight i always used reinforsed, i never played whit any valor or honor equipment at all

#30 FormerlyEternal

FormerlyEternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

So, a couple of things you, MaxMan, have said through this conversation:

1. "...get used to it thats how he is suposed to be and am so tierd that all the craybabys ingame that cant make a good character run on forums and crays for something thats not true,give me a brake will ya...."

2. "...my knight is build for doing PvM and in dungons i never make my chars to be in PvP in general becose i think PvP is boring but ofcorse if someone jumps me i do what i have to to get back at them :P but as i stated i havent test my knight after skill update in PvP so i cant coment on it only thing i noticed after skill update is that knights magical defense is kinda bad compeared to before skill update and i test it solo turtle boss on orlo so there you go ...."

So essentially, you came into this discussion all guns blazing, claiming that myself and otherers were crying, and saying things that 'aren't true' specifically relating to their (knights) strength in PVP, and then you say a little later, that you have no idea about PVP during this current patch. So what you've done is leapt to the defense of the class you play without even thinking about the actual balance of the game.

3. "...only thing thats need to be done stop focuse on the crapy pvp and focuse more on pvm what this game mostly is abaut, but as i see it, it go more to pvp now then pvm anyway so it dont mater what i say anyway...."

The *only* way to effectively balance a game with both a PVM and a strong PVP scene is to balance entirely around PVP so that it is balanced, and then balance the mobs and quests around the resulting changes. It is completely backwards to try to balance PVM and then balance PVP, since you will always throw the former out of balance each time.

My goal here isn't to overnerf Knights because I dislike Knights for some reason, or as you suggest because I'm crying. It's because they are currently so strong that they contribute to the current imbalance of the PVP aspect of this game. There are a multitude of players and items, gems, jewelry and gear soit's hard to judge how strong a class can potentially get in a certain stat area without the testing power of the community. PVM is easily balanced after PVP because mobs can be tweaked completely via the control of the devs.

Edited by FormerlyEternal, 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#31 Agent45

Agent45

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Is there any way to make the exchange of 'Pirate Coins' easier instead of the 2 click hits happening at the moment? For example make a valor shop of sorts but instead makes use of Pirate Coins. It's just pretty much tiresome to exchange heaps and stacks of Pirate Coins for hours.

Edited by Agent45, 01 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#32 jteng

jteng

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

My character got disconnected because of the maintenance .

then after the maintenance is done.

i logged it in.

and it was blocked.

#33 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Knights still probably take magic attacks better than any class besides clerics. 

#34 jeanny

jeanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationhere there everywhere
  • Server:dead

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

(unrelated to this thread)

anyone knows if there is a possibility I can gift/share my WP points to a friend or other WP accounts?

because some items are account bound so maybe we can transfer IMpts to otehr accounts?

#35 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

(unrelated to this thread)

anyone knows if there is a possibility I can gift/share my WP points to a friend or other WP accounts?

because some items are account bound so maybe we can transfer IMpts to otehr accounts?

I think IM points are set solid to that specific Account.

There is transferring Warp energy.

Check out the Virtual Gift Card

http://forums.warppo...with-new-value/

#36 jeanny

jeanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationhere there everywhere
  • Server:dead

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I think IM points are set solid to that specific Account.

There is transferring Warp energy.

Check out the Virtual Gift Card

http://forums.warppo...with-new-value/

oooooh

Thank you very much! :D

#37 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have bought the Virtual Gift Cards for several of my online friends. I love them!

#38 cuddlycowey

cuddlycowey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

when exactly is the peg leg poofing? ending Friday could mean 12:00:01 am Friday morning or 11:59:59 pm Friday evening

which is it?

#39 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

looks like there is not posible to open more then 1 client , i get error that i already have an client running way dos this happen now -.- i just was online whit 3 now i can only have 1 ?

#40 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

looks like there is not posible to open more then 1 client , i get error that i already have an client running way dos this happen now -.- i just was online whit 3 now i can only have 1 ?

Close all of your clients so that the launcher can download any patches, it can't patch while clients are open.

#41 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Close all of your clients so that the launcher can download any patches, it can't patch while clients are open.

yea i found that out but tanks :)

#42 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

when exactly is the peg leg poofing? ending Friday could mean 12:00:01 am Friday morning or 11:59:59 pm Friday evening

which is it?

It's usually Midnight. So if it is stated "ending Friday" I would make a guess and say it will be Midnight Friday.

#43 Yumina

Yumina

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

It's usually Midnight. So if it is stated "ending Friday" I would make a guess and say it will be Midnight Friday.

Shazam posted here that it is ending today at 2pm.

#44 aceva01

aceva01

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Before I sleep there was no annoncement that the event will end on 2PM. It usually ends on 12midnight!!! now Peg Leg is gone, i didnt had the chance to exchange my 10k coins...

too disappointed,,,grrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users