The Chibi Cubs (Collision) Yolo Swag Guide to RM Hard (Updated with Tank and Cresentia Info) - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Chibi Cubs (Collision) Yolo Swag Guide to RM Hard (Updated with Tank and Cresentia Info)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Serious Thread Guize.  Updated with more Tank and Cresentia Information (with few extra edits made by Kuma, noted in bold & italics)

FYA4Nqq.png

I'm going to do my best to explain this like you're a 5 year old, so that hopefully no one gets confused.

Things to consider before we start (this is how we do it, because yolo swag):

- Have a Knight (With Shield Fort, because LOL @ Knights without it)
- Have a Character with level 4 mermaid, Cresentia preferred. (lvl 4 Mermaid is the new Embus.)
- Carry 10 minute speed pots (Go do Dusky's Grass Daily in WoE Map)
- Have Guild skills (Hit rate and Defense Rate Debuffs). If you don't join a guild that does.

IDEAL Raid Composition (not neccessary cuz YOLO):
MT: Any is fine (except BM's omg.gif ), preferably Knight (STR Buff + SF)
OT: Knight (STR Buff + SF)
R.DPS: Ranger (AGI Buff)
R.DPS: Wiz (INT Buff)
M.DPS: Rogue/Assassin (Crit Buff + MoD if Rogue)
DPS: Crecentia (Blindness)
Hybrid: Sorceror (Def Buff)
Support: Soulmaker (OP Buffs + Links)
Healers: 2 Priests (HP Buff + Heals)

Note: If you do have 2 knights, designate 1 knight to SF during Room AOEs, the other knight during Aybss

PART ONE: LEONARDO THE SWORD WEILDING DUDE

Agro Ratmaster. Leo comes out, Start to DPS him. Ratmaster goes to sleep for 2 minutes.

Leo will use directional Red AoEs on floor at 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 of his HP. Avoid these. If you get hit by them, you're bad and should quit now.

Melees should get away from Leo at this point.

After the AoEs, he will summon a Sucide Toad (which is why melees run away). Ranged DPS Down the toad so Melee can get back on Leo.

Leo silences after the 1/2 HP and around 10% hp. Keep this in mind, as Leo will randomly target and DoT People.

After Leo goes down, go and spread yourselves around the room.

Ranged - stay at max distance from Ratmaster and allow as much space inbetween the other ranged as possible.

Priests - get on opposite ends of the room and spread out like the ranged.

Melee/tanks - Sucks to be you, get in the middle and prepared to be hit by hadokens if any of you get targeted.

IF ANY MELEE DIES TO TOADS, RESET, KICK THAT MEMBER.
IF ANYONE DIES (OTHER THAN TO TOADS), GET NEW PREISTS (YOUR HEALERS SUCK).

PART TWO: RATMASTER PART ONE (CONFUSED YET?)

After 2 minutes, Ratmaster will wake up. If you haven't downed Leo yet, quit. Your DPS sucks.

Main Tank, Pot once, get aggro. Trade Taunts with Off Tank until Rat gets up to build threat.

IF YOU HAVE A CRECENTIA, HAVE IT PUT BLINDNESS ON RATMASTER AT ALL TIMES. DPS SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.

Assuming that Leo is down, and you have spread out accordingly around the room, Rat will wake up, hit the tank once with his melee attack, then cast his first hadoken. After the initial Hadoken, there is a follow up hadoken that hits in an area around the initial target.

Ratmaster will be hitting the Main Tank, each hit gives him another level of debuff (JUST LIKE BAPO, REMEMBER THAT RAID GUIZE?!). When this gets to 2 (you can see it on your raid frame) the off tank needs to provoke Rat and start tanking. After he provokes, the Main Tank has to move out of melee range, or Rat will still be hitting you. Dont be that guy. Switch as necessary throughout the raid.

LOOK AT YOUR RAID FRAME. The target who gets the first hadoken will have a status icon that he is ROOTED. TAKE NOTE OF THIS, YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS ICON LOOKS LIKE FOR LATER IN THE RAID. THIS IS CRUCIAL AND IM NOT KIDDING.

Priests, heal him/her. Everyone who is near the rooted person, GTFO.

You guys should be DPSing Ratmaster at this point.

The first Room wide AOE is at 1.85M HP. KNOW THIS HP MARK.

Our group stops DPSing Ratmater at 2.1 HP, because we break the game and DPS too much. If your dps is less than ours, and it probably will be, you can stop around 1.95m. YOU DO THIS SO YOU DONT PUSH RATMASTER INTO HIS ROOMWIDE AOE WHEN THE NEXT TURTLE (MIKI) SPAWNS AND CAUSES YOU TO DIE. If you are a melee/tank dropping heal pets constantly until Miki spawns is a good idea.

There will be a 2nd hadoken 45 seconds following the first one. Same drill. LOOK WHO GETS ROOTED AND TARGETED. HEAL AND GTFO.

Use this 2nd Hadoken to let you know that Miki is about to spawn. If you haven't stopped DPSing ratmaster from getting him to your stop point (2.1M, 1.95M, whatever), Quit. Your DPS sucks.

If a raid member has died, Reset. It's not worth your Spinels at this point.

PART THREE: MIKI (3 Minutes into Raid)

Miki spawns 3 minutes into the raid (1 minute after Ratmaster wakes up).

Once Miki spawns, EVERYONE STACKS UP ON THE TANKS.

Whoever is Tanking Ratmaster is just twiddling his thumbs. (If that tank has a heal pet, keep dropping them for party. It would help prevent deaths if the raid comes to a simultaneous AOE/hadoken from both Miki and RM. Tank may also DPS Miki if Miki is close enough, which it should!) Do not DPS him or you will push him over to 1.8m where he does his Roomwide AoE. This is why we stopped DPSing him earlier.

Off tank, still remember to taunt and switch agro. Whoever isn't directly tanking Rat, can help DPS Miki.

GUILD SKILL (DEFENSE AND HIT RATE) MIKI. ONLY ONE PERSON DO SO. COMMUNICATE WHO IS DOING THIS SO MULTIPLE PEOPLE DONT WASTE THEIR GUILD SKILLS.

Miki will use red ground Directional Half Room AoEs, along with Rooting one random member at a time. If you're not rooted, Run out of the AoE then stack back up. If you're rooted, you're going to eat the AoE and pray your healers dont suck and keep you alive.

Crecentias use Raw Tilt and DPS on Miki, don't forget to keep Blindness on RM

Miki will do this about 4 times.

Miki will also use a Blue Circle AoE at about half HP. Just eat this, it does like 0 dmg. Pot up.

You will probably encounter a time where there is a half room AoE and a Hadoken at the same time (REMEMBER TO WATCH YOUR RAID FRAMES). At this point, Your first priest will use their first Sanctuary. REMEMBER TO STAY STACKED. No one should die.

DPS Miki til he's dead THEN STAY STACKED. DONT SPREAD OUT YET.

PART FOUR : RATMASTER PART TWO (FIRST ROOM AOE, AYBSS [This is not a typo, LOL @ NS])

Alright, you've downed Leo and Miki. Goodjob. You've completed like 5% of the fight.

YOU SHOULD STILL BE STACKED AFTER KILLING MIKI.

After Miki goes down, start DPSing Ratmaster again.

PUSH RATMASTER TO 1.9M HP AND WAIT FOR A HADOKEN. DO NOT GO PAST THIS WITHOUT HAVING A HADOKEN GO OFF. YOU DONT WANT A HADOKEN COMING IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE NEXT TWO PARTS, SO ITS BEST TO HAVE A HADOKEN NOW AND HEALTHROUGH IT BEFORE PROCEEDING.

At 1.85M HP, Cast your Deluge in preparation for the room wide blue circle AOE. You cast this one earlier because it takes time for the effect to take place.

At 1.83 your 2nd priest will cast Sanctuary.

At 1.8M HP Ratmaster will use his Room Wide AOE. You are all stacked in the Deluge/Sanc so no one should die.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ROOM WIDE AOE, YOUR KNIGHT WILL SHIELD FORT FOR THE AYBSS. AYBSS HIT FOR HALF OF YOUR HP AND SHIELD FORT REDUCES THAT TO 25%.

(IF YOUR PRIEST IS PRO, ONCE THE AYBSS SPAWN, YOUR PRIEST CAN POT TO GAIN AGGRO AND ASSUMPTIO THEMSELVES FOR EVEN MORE DMG REDUCTION, HOPEFULLY SAVING EVERYONE ELSE. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU'RE FOLD)

ASSUMING YOU DONT HAVE FOLD HEALING FOR YOU GO AND STUN THE FLYING WINGED BEASTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. DPS THEM ONE BY ONE. DO NOT SPLIT DPS ON THE TWO AYBSS AS EACH ATTACK IS POTENTIALLY LETHAL. TOO BAD THE MARKING SYSTEM IN THIS GAME IS CRAP, OR I WOULD RECOMMEND THE RAID LEADER MARKING WHICH TO TARGET.

One death to the Aybss is acceptable, although not ideal. Spinel up and get ready for the next part.

Once the Aybss are gone, Spread out again.

The next HP Mark you should know is 1.2M. This is when he spawns his first set of Cores.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUSH RAT MASTER PAST THIS POINT YET. We stop at 1.5M HP, because like I stated before, we break the game with our DPS. Your group can decide when you want to stop, just be aware.

DPS Rat to your HP Marker and wait for RAFI to spawn. Tanks and melee, keep dropping heal pets while waiting for Raffi.

You'll probably waiting for a minute or two, depending on your DPS. You're going to want to keep hitting rafi, but don't. Just sit tight and keep your members alive. Stay spread out, practice watching raid frames and getting away from the rooted member who is hadokened.

PART FIVE: RAFI NADAL (7 minutes into raid, 4 minutes after Miki initially spawns)

Alright, you've made it to Rafi, you're now 10% of the way through the fight.

Just like Miki, you're going to stack up to down Rafi. Ratmaster shouldn't have cores yet, so getting hit with Hadokens while stacked shouldn't hurt too bad.

Crecentias use Raw Tilt and DPS on Raffi, don't forget to keep Blindness on RM

Use Guardian at this point to down Rafi as soon as possible. Guild Skill Rafi as well.

Typical stuff, Red Directional Floor AOEs. Heal through it.

Rafi will go into a "stunned invincible" mode at about 10% HP. CRECENTIA WILL USE RAW TILT ON RAFI. DOTS WILL STILL KEEP REDUCING HIS HP. KEEP DPSING HIM UNTIL YOU KILL HIM. THIS IS WHERE THE LVL4 MERMAID COMES INTO PLAY. EVERYONE DoT THE HELL OUT OF RAFI AND DONT STOP HITTING HIM UNTIL HE'S DEAD. NOW YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RAFI WHILE YOU'RE FIGHTING RATMASTER WITH CORES OUT. YAY!

After Rafi goes down, spread out and prepare for the actual fight.

No one should die during Rafi.

PART SIX: The Real Ratmaster Fight Begins (Trolololololol)

Spread out, make sure you have your raid frames in a place where you can see them and get ready for the last 80% of the fight.

Start DPSing Ratmaster.

AT THIS POINT YOU WILL WANT TO POP YOUR 10 MINUTE SPEED POT TO HELP DODGE THE UPCOMING AOEs AND GET OUT OF RANGE FROM ALLIES BEING TARGETED WITH HADOKENS.

ALSO AT THIS POINT, START ROTATING USING YOUR GUILD SKILLS. HE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE HIT DEBUFF AND DEFENSE DEBUFF ON HIM.

At 1.2M HP Ratmaster spawns two cores. Each core gives him a 30% damage buff, so he'll be around 60% increased damage. DO NOT TRY TO KILL THE CORES. Ratmaster will constantly spawn them, so you're just wasting time and effort.

AFTER THE CORES, RATMASTER WILL USE "BOMBs" On the floor. Once they appear, DO NOT STAND IN THEM. THEY WILL ONE SHOT YOU. IF YOU DIE TO BOMBS, YOU'RE BAD AND SHOULD BE KICKED FROM THE RAID.

At 1.15M Ratmaster will do a half room Red cone on floor directional AoE. Just laugh as you run out of it thanks to your 10 minute speed pot. If you get hit by this, you're bad.

At 1.12M Ratmaster does a targeted AoE circle on the player with the highest threat. The tank can simple prepare for this and move away from other raid members in advance. Just stay out of the blue Circle if you're not the tank. This is not lethal, and shouldn't need an assumptio.

At 1.03M Ratmaster will use his SECOND ROOM WIDE AOE, LIKE THE ONE AT 1.85M. ONLY THIS TIME HE HAS 60% DMG BUFFZ THANKS TO CORES. YOU CAN NOT SURVIVE THIS WITH DELUGE SANC. ONE PRIEST SHOULD ASSUMPTIO THEMSELVES AND STAY IN THE MIDDLE TO HEAL THE TANKS. EVERYONE ELSE GTFO. IF YOU HAVE WILLOW WORKER/LAMORT/ASSASSIN ELDER, DROP IT ON THE TANKS BEFORE YOU GTFO. Tanks: For Knights use your Aura Shield (20% dmg reduction), Warriors use Parrying (only increases parry and will only affect initial hit from AOE) or Endure (you will want Endure for 3rd room AOE. Time your CD, 2 mins, if you do use it. Endure lowers DOT.), Monks use Flee (1 min CD, if AOE misses, you don't get DOT) or Protection Ki (see Warrior's Endure note for Protection Ki, 2 min CD) and for Beastmaster... YOLO IT, use Cruel Bite/Survival/Heal Pets to stay alive (Feral Defense has 3 min CD and it will not be up for 3rd AOE if used) or run out (pussy). /////// For Crecentias: Now is a good time to use your awake form (a little bit before AOE hits). If you DO have a heal pet and if you DID invest points into the skill Levicorpus. Stay in with tanks during AOE, drop your heal pet for them and use Levicorpus for 50% dmg reduction (1 min CD). When using Levicorpus, make sure there's a mob or boss next to you so you'll get the 50% dmg reduction. If you use it w/o a mob near you, you WILL NOT receive buff.

At 800K, have your tank Shieldfort again, as the 2nd set of AYBSS come out at 780k. Stun and kill like before.

600K, More Cores Spawn. 120% Attack power. Hadokens will 1 Shot People. Assumptio if you can in time. Heal up. Move away when you see them rooted on raid frames.

Bombs on floor, don't get hit. Don't be bad.

480K, Same as 1.12. Tank AoE. Don't hit multiple people. Don't be bad.

250K. Room wide AoE. Get out. Don't get hit. Don't be bad. Tanks: Use Aura Shield, Shield Fortress (if up), Endure, Parrying, Flee, Protection Ki, Feral Defense (or YOLO IT). /////// For Crecentias: If you have heal pet + Levicorpus + awake form, stay in with tanks during AOE, drop your heal pet for them and use Levicorpus for 50% dmg reduction (1 min CD). I've tested it on my Crec, you should only receive 200~400 DOT w/ Levicorpus + Awake Form (50% + 15% = 65% dmg reduction)

DPS Rat. Re-guardian for peeps that died.

????

Profit.

Updated video.

NOW WITH EVEN MORE AFK!

Edited by ShotsFired, 21 November 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#2 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Nice grammar bro.

-Grammar -_-

#3 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Oh god. This thread. LOL

#4 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Would it be possible to make a video of this (being serious) with these instructions and notes on the video as they happen? For example, when the Suicide Toad appears, pause the video and make a note to point him out? (I know what it looks like, that's just an example.)

#5 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Uh... u don't need a vid. When he aoe's ALL MELEE NEEDS TO BACK UP. U can see the aoe it's head - on. Unless, of course, u are bugged but whoever's there should be calling out aoe- back up or something or at least if u see people scatter, follow ur senses and scatter with them :3 Rat master is one of the easiest bosses to detect his aoe (other than the numerous times he hadoukens). He just hurts a lot ;< 

Edit: thanks for coping with me and not kicking me from the raid last time :3 I've probably hit most of the U SHOULD KICK THEM points ... lawl <3 

Edited by StrawberriKiwi, 18 November 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#6 Imhorny

Imhorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Cover page

331q1yv.png

#7 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

33424.gif

#8 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Uh... u don't need a vid. When he aoe's ALL MELEE NEEDS TO BACK UP. U can see the aoe it's head - on. Unless, of course, u are bugged but whoever's there should be calling out aoe- back up or something or at least if u see people scatter, follow ur senses and scatter with them :3 Rat master is one of the easiest bosses to detect his aoe (other than the numerous times he hadoukens). He just hurts a lot ;< 

Edit: thanks for coping with me and not kicking me from the raid last time :3 I've probably hit most of the U SHOULD KICK THEM points ... lawl <3 

Just wanted a vid so I could watch, haha. Some people remember things better visually rather than reading it.

...And I figured a video by him would be hilarious to watch. We need more RO2 vids. 

#9 KaguNyan

KaguNyan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

"AFTER THE CORES, RATMASTER WILL USE "BOMBs" On the floor.  Once they appear, DO NOT STAND IN THEM.  THEY WILL ONE SHOT YOU.  IF YOU DIE TO BOMBS, YOU'RE BAD AND SHOULD BE KICKED FROM THE RAID."

+1 to that

#10 noobslayer48

noobslayer48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Funny and much applause until...

PART FOUR : RATMASTER PART TWO (FIRST ROOM AOE, AYBSS [This is not a typo, LOL @ NS])

...that hurt, that hurt right here --> </3

#11 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

At the same time - vids aren't that helpful because the hadouken is 45s each. U either count it for ur own party or yolo it by looking at who's trapped. Another thing is i think raffi spawns according to time not to hp - correct me if i'm wrong. I think it was raffi or one of the turtles tho x_x 

#12 noobslayer48

noobslayer48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Cover page

331q1yv.png

guys, find a new knight cause I died after seeing this...

#13 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

LOL. That cover guide. This thread deserves to be sticky.

#14 SHeart

SHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChannel 15 Prontera

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

very funny and well done! #YOLOSWAG

#15 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

very funny and well done! #YOLOSWAG

Not supposed to be funny.  This is a serious thread. 

#16 SleepyKuro

SleepyKuro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Dead serious. *poker face*

#17 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Video Added.  Crappy video from last night, but still only video we have.  You can TRY to learn from it, but you're better off reading, as our Priest has ADD and Korean APM Spam and can't keep his screen straight to see anything.

#18 SleepyKuro

SleepyKuro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Have fun watching me AFK from 6:00 to 7:15 waiting ...

So THAT'S what you were doing? I thought you passed out or something.

#19 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

lol +1 for yoloswag

#20 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

guys, find a new knight cause I died after seeing this...

It's k, they already looking for a new ranger

YOU GUYS MISS MY 10% YO

#21 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Cover page
331q1yv.png

Oh god. Im dying !! Dad you never fail to make me smile. <333

#22 DamLucky

DamLucky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Pedo-bear-seal-of-approval.png

-Kuma

#23 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

-Kuma

-slowly walks away-

#24 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

BUT HOW DO WE KILL BOMBS THAT RM SUMMONS NORTH AND SOUTH OF ROOM!? ALSO HOW 2 KILL THE BLACK BUGS THAT SILENCE YOU FAST!?

YOUR GUIDE IS DUMB DOES NOT COVER ALL.

#25 noobslayer48

noobslayer48

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

-Kuma

I laughed hard until i had a brilliant idea...

FYA4Nqq.png

I rofl'd...hard

Edited by noobslayer48, 18 November 2013 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users