Feedback on Magic Based Classes - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Feedback on Magic Based Classes

160 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hello, 

We understand that a major concern from the community right now comes from magic based classes and their balancing within in the game. We understand that when compared to other physical attack classes, the attack damages and heals of magic based classes seem lacking. 

This is where you all step in. Please provide us feedback on how you would like to see changes done on magic based classes here. This will greatly help us and the developers in regards to balancing the magic users. We do not wish for any class to feel less strong than they should be, and by working together, we can change that! 

Please remember to keep things civil in this thread.

#2 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

well, right now the sp drain is amazingly ridiculous, so maybe lessening the sp cost per cast is a step in the right direction.

Personal gripe, resurrection is still pretty pointless to pump points into. Lowering the base cooldown time on it in the first place from 50minutes to say, 20 would be enough

I am curious as to the train of thought that put the double skill points into 3 attack skills, 2 support skills and only 1 healing skill on priest.

Edited by 2723130508020209077, 23 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#3 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ok.

Sorcerer :

With Earth Emblem heal buff, single target heals does 1,150,000 HP heals. Since you guys don't know your game much : THIS IS A LOT.

Land of Recovery does barely nothing at all, same goes with Deluge, that is our 2 AoE heals. They are awfully useless now, and originally people in raids depended on these skills to survive.

That aside :

Sorcerers usually are based on AGI, I went from 60% crit to 27.5% crit. That is with full p2w 3 slotted costumes full of AGI +9 runes. This forces us to go INT instead.

Problem is Sorcerer has and always had less INT than Wizards, So even a full INT build won't get a good enough amount of it to compare with other classes.

Start there I guess... I'm taking a 2 weeks break from that game.

By the way there's a handful of classes broken because of that update, I don't think its only magic classes that have problems.

#4 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

1) Fix Sorcs. 7 figure heals are no joke. Also, make Deluge and LoR scale properly.

2) SP Costs. Raising them is okay, but it is not okay to force certain classes to burn through blue pots like none other. 40 blue pots for one raid? That shouldn't be happening. Reduce the SP costs, or give us SP regen during battle, or give caster classes ways of getting SP aside from spamming pots (similar to a priest's Aqua Benedicta. Maybe give priests the ability to heal SP, too? Reducing SP costs would be much simpler and easier to do.)

3) This is more of a general thing, but make AGI a worthwhile stat to put points into. Most people had 30%+ crit before the patch, now we're sitting at 15-20%. While some classes are more reliant on crits than others, ALL classes utilize it. Generally speaking, caster classes are much more reliant on crits than others; this is apparent from the existence of skills like meditate/meditatio for sorcs/priests, the buffs that Soulmakers give/receive when they hit crits while linked, etc.

4) I believe wizards still have some bugged skills as well, like Inferno/Firestarter hitting for 1 damage? I don't play a wizard myself, someone else will have to confirm.

That's off the top of my head. It seems like all the physical attack based classes have much better scaling than the magic classes. Either give us that same scaling, or nerf the physical scaling. My undergeared warrior shouldn't be doing significantly more damage than my AoD H/Chaos geared priest.

Nerf rangers' multi-shot.

Edited by ItsFierce, 23 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#5 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Playing both highly geared/runed out sorc and priest, both were hugely depowered after the AOV patch. Priest heals have gotten weaker I can say that much but I play sorc more so:

- Sorcerer

As most people will say the class became a joke. We are a hybrid heals/dps class and right now we can do neither (aside from those crazy bugged heals). I did not invest time, money and effort into a character for it to become worthless. Most of the crap other people say about sorcs being overpowered comes from our ability to one-shot. This ability does not happen so often and with the advent of better armour, was occurring less frequently. Further, that 'one-shotting' ability is mitigated by the fact that sorcs have both long cast times and delays on our skills. Before the patch, sorcs were fine as is and imo decently balanced. 

Stat/damage wise -

• Class role: This much is clear - aside from healing, sorcs do not have debuffs, heal over time spells, temporary buff spells etc. our role aside from healing is CLEARLY DPS. Do not take that away from us and expect us to be happy with a rubbish class.
  • magic attack - it went bad. It's ridiculous that our magic attack and crit got scaled down. As a class that's supposed to be based around aoe heals and single target burst, this was ridiculous. Compared to other classes (ranger/rogue/assassin), our damage will be bad if we dont have a decent magic attack base. This greatly imbalances our ability to dps and keep up with damage when we are not healing. 
  • Critical rate - is naturally important as well, and to see my crit go from 60% unbuffed to less than 30% is horrid. The new patch yesterday did not increase my crit at all.

Skillwise 

• expanded skills - i dont like how the skills were expanded. They don't take into account how sorcs currently play their class and the efficiencies in doing so. The reason we do not use lightning bolt, is because it is inefficient. The procs you have expanded to lightning bolt do NOT provide enough incentive or power to make it viable. I think cold bolt should have been expanded instead of lightning bolt.  
  •  The lack of expanded heal tree is disappointing. You could have made a full support build viable. It is incredibly disappointing this did not happen.
  • The LB dot - this was a load of crap. Sorcs finally got a dot but this came at a large cost. Making that dot stick on a monster/boss is not viable. 

Basically,

• Give us our crit back
  • Give us our MATK and by extension our dps
  • Give us useful skills like an expanded water or earth tree.

#6 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Seconding SP costs. I know we have access to Water Emblem+ Blast Arms but it's ridiculously unfair to practically force wizards to take Water Emblem, especially with 35k Skill Point scrolls. And no matter how available Explorer blue pots are rn, we still burn through them because Water Emblem instead of Fire Emblem makes our DPS take a hit. And we are a DPS class, if you guys have forgotten :(

What on earth happened to AGI? I had 35% crit before AOV, 21% after, and now 15% after the recent patch. Why would you do that? You have warriors dealing 20k crit and us magic classes, with MATK scaling broken, are left behind in the dust. You give rangers 1.6k/tick DoTs but you can't scale up magician attacks and priest heals? Like are we just walking INT buffs rn?

Edited by lokasenna, 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#7 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

In general, dps skills of caster classes seems to be far off and worse than it was pre-patch. Not sure if its just because of the new formulas not working properly or scaling properly, or simply not being calculated properly.

Priests heals seems to be severely nerfed, they're not enough for the new hp formula not even when maxed. 

Sorcerer's single-target heals are extremely buffed up now, under maxed Earth Emblem, capable of healing up to 5m hp depending on the sorc's gear. Which is... too much. This affects grealy in raids/parties, because a single heal will generate so much threat that it will instantly out-aggro the tanks in the party, redirecting bosses attention to the Sorcerer instead, who is NOT supposed to be tanking. This messes up with raids composition, and puts  sorcerers in danger who were never meant to be a "tank" class. Not to mention its renders Priests/Soulmakers heals useless and weak. While Sorcerer do require good heals, this sudden buff up is way too much and I assume not intended. It might be related to EE working in a weird way. However, Land of Recovery and Deluge are not currently affected by EE and still deal extremely poor in comparison to pre-patch, despite having maxed EE.

Wizards, Priests and Sorcerer damage dealt by their dps skills is far weaker than pre-patch. Extremely so, rendering them bad dps classes now (yes I'm talking about battle-priest builds now), especially Sorcerers who rely on their double-dmg combo (wind emblem proc, or frozen target debuff) and are currently dealing not even 1/3 of what they used to do before, while monsters seem to do about normal. Critical rate seems to be much MUCH lower than before. I dont have exact numbers, altho I could easily poke a few fellow players who've been doing the maths and all and agree that this patch has messed up many things for casters.

Wizards who were on par with melee dps as dmg dealt goes, pre-patch, are now lowest threat/dmg in raids in the same conditions as before, making them bad dps classes now and not many wish to play them anymore. 

There's still missing issues, where caster classes seem to be missing a lot of their spells, way much more than before. I doubt this is intended, unless they want ALL classes now to ONLY put points in Agi and NOTHING else. And even then, I bet they'd still miss so much. It's lame when you keep on wasting your skills because so many miss and you are far more than well geared.

Another issue is the new sp cost of skills, being way too much for classes that DEPEND on spells. If they incremented the cost, at least they should imcrement their sp regeneration as well. Running out of sp just after a single boss battle or in middle of it is... too much.

I am truly sorry for not bringing numbers and calculations or more detailed info about this, Zanbee. If its needed, I can try and start gathering info about these issues, but I believe there's players out there who are much more qualified for this task and probably already have this info.

Mine are mostly observations, comparisons and tests with friends, guildies, etc. in different situations and terms, to make sure of this.

If needed, I'll be editing my post to add more. Anyone feel free to correct/expand anything I've said so far. The more people contribute to this, the better.

Edited by TifaValentine, 23 December 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#8 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

This is what i feels & and assuming after playing around for sometime...

Sorcerer Attk skills :

From the skill description, I see the % is pretty much increased and/or/maybe almost on par with other class but failed to see any changes probably because of broken damage or weapon stats or both formula. I think is pretty much ok if the formula is fixed.

Sorcerer Healing skills :

Other than Heal Wave & Rejuvenate, the rest of it does not have any increment in their % hence the silly heal amount from both Deluge & Land of Recovery. Some increase on it should do... It makes me think as if the dev did not touch them due to reason of low dmg from boss towards the player... Also, ensure that Earth Emblem to work on both as well because at the moment there is no effect with Earth Emblem turned on.

SP usage :

It's is good since Blue Pots can finally comes to play. However, the amount of the usage required were too taxing.... i think reduce the required SP usage to half from the current AoV should be okay.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 23 December 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#9 REVOLVET

REVOLVET

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

SP

- I think the idea of increasing SP is good.

- In previous patch (LOTS), SP costs were small and blue potions were rarely used. 

- It's more challenging for the players to aware of SP.

- However, blue potions in the AOV patch are not scaled properly.

* So, please proportionally increase SP recovery from the blue potions.

Skill (Sorcerer)

- The skill damages are incorrectly described. Most of them are 10 times than the actual values.

- For example: Varetyr Spear is described to deal 800% damage, but the actual one is 80%.

- Land of Recovery is described to heal 70% damage, and it's similar to what we get.

- Skills are expanded only on Lighting branch.

- Earth and Water branches are not expanded. Why?

- I would suggest to expand Colt Bolt to lvl 10 instead of Lightning Bolt.

- keep Lightning Bolt lvl 5 but deals same or more damage than Cold Bolt lvl 10.

- Healing power doesn't make sense

- Rejuvenation is 8 sec delay. So, its power should be >2 times greater than Healing Wave's. 

- Other members already mentioned about Earth Emblem.

- All healing skills are now messed up.

Edited by REVOLVET, 23 December 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#10 Uberkafros

Uberkafros

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

About Wizard :

Fireflower and Meteor are lacking in % damage , on max master level , compared to before master class.

SP after the first "master" level on skills increases dramaticaly. Especially on your "spam" skill the sp should be relatively low.

INT offers almost no damage increase on a class that is suposed to have it with increased effectiveness.

The magic power stat is not taken account into the formula because with 3.5K magic attack a 10/10 firebolt barely does 1000 damage on lvl 53 Drayr mobs.

Wizards since they don't have a support branch on their skills desperately need the very High DPS to be competitive

#11 animeregion

animeregion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Server:Odin, Vanir

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

My point of view about mage classes... most might not like to what I have to say, but oh well.

Mage Classes spells should cost more SP based on there min. to max. level of the skill. Like lv1 should cost 5sp and lets say lv5 skill should cost 25SP this sounds fare to me do to the skill is doing more damage at higher skill levels.

Mage Classes should focus more on INT for boosting there damage output but WIS stat should come into play for the mage classes. To me melee should have higher HP then SP and for mages should have more SP then HP or even a balance range in HP and SP.

#12 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

fix knights too , this patch didnt just mess up casters it messed knights up too

i lost like half my crit with this patch. and seems pointless for me to have any agi.
which is stupid being your basically forcing us to be str builds which is not cool , we should have the freedom to have what ever type of build we want without having to suffer from it, ive been agi based since beta and have never had issues until now.

also for grinding and leveling purposes you made the monsters hit harder and more often, but yet didnt think about fixing our dodge as a knight with crazy agi my dodge is really high but yet im getting hit everytime , if i mob anything over 3 monsters my life drops to half way in like 5 secs which doesnt make sense.

so for me to level up without risking any death penalties i need to kill monsters 1 by 1 which means itll take forever for me to level up .so i do think
instead of only focusing on magic types please also focus on the damage you have done to knights and warriors also.

#13 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

Err, this topic is specifically about the Matk classes, not the swordies.

Anyhow, some problems that have stood out to me from playing Wizard:

• The Magic Power rating on weapons doesn't seem to mean anything. A 1500 Matk rod did less damage then my 788 Matk rod, even when they had similar Int bonuses. It would seem to suggest that the formula is only reading the Min/Max physical damage ratings instead of the Magic Power.
  • Int seems to have a minor effect on damage. An increase of ~100 Int raises my Fire Bolt damage by about 50.
  • Fire Flower has a very subpar damage output compared to physical DoT skills. (Except Crushing Blow, which is a terrible DoT.) For example my Fire Flower level 5 does about 480 damage to Dayr mobs, while my Rogue's Poisoning Weapon level 1 does almost 700 damage per tick.
  • Meteor Storm, despite having its max level doubled and a damage bonus against enemies with Fire Flower, deals damage equal to or less then the basic Multishot skill of Archers. (And Multishot only takes 3 levels.) This is along with the downsides of the cast time and being rooted in place for the entire duration of the skill.
  • Fire Bolt damage is alright, but for a basic skill that you cast all the time, the SP cost is very high and drains your SP in no time. Six generic level 53 Dayr mobs takes my Wizard's entire SP bar, and I have to eat blue potions all through boss fights. Hopefully if the magic power formula is corrected, the damage will go up a bit too.

Life as a Wizard isn't the worst right now, since with the reduced cast times and buff to Fire Seal we can still output decent damage, but we're still badly outclassed by other DPS classes like Rangers and Assassins.

#14 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

As far as priests, I think they were perfectly fine as they were before the patch. Now, instead:

• -The hit rate is too low, my hit rate was about 103% before this patch, and my gear has got better from then, still, I miss more than before.
  • -Considering the HP of all players have been greatly increased, the amount of HP healed by priest skills should be raised, expecially Renobatio (right now, a Soulmaker's Cure heals far better than our Renobatio).
  • -Considering we are mainly a healer class, our healing skills should get the priority over dps ones. Instead, the skills you endorsed are:
  • -Holy light, the basic priest attack skill, can be raised up to 10. 
  • Ray of Genesis, the most powerful attack skill of priests, can be raised up to 10.
  • -Magnus exorcismus, the only AoE skill of priests, has been improved.
  • -Judex, attack skill of priests that can also stun, has been improved.
  • -Lex Divina, attack skill of priests, can be raised up to 6.
  • Gloria, can be raised up to 6 and improves Lex Divina's efficiency in case of activation.
  • Credo, one of the 3 DoT of priests, can be now cast in movement.

• On healing side:
  • -Highness Heal, can be raised up to 10 and can be cast in movement.

Edited by DuBisk, 24 December 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#15 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

While you guys are too focusing on Sorc, I'd still would like to highlight this just because I know certain people are just too blind or ignorance to read it.

Ok.

Sorcerer :

With Earth Emblem heal buff, single target heals does 1,150,000 HP heals. Since you guys don't know your game much : THIS IS A LOT.

Land of Recovery does barely nothing at all, same goes with Deluge, that is our 2 AoE heals. They are awfully useless now, and originally people in raids depended on these skills to survive.

That aside :

Sorcerers usually are based on AGI, I went from 60% crit to 27.5% crit. That is with full p2w 3 slotted costumes full of AGI +9 runes. This forces us to go INT instead.

Problem is Sorcerer has and always had less INT than Wizards, So even a full INT build won't get a good enough amount of it to compare with other classes.

Start there I guess... I'm taking a 2 weeks break from that game.

By the way there's a handful of classes broken because of that update, I don't think its only magic classes that have problems.

This is where your programming team are wrong, you bunch lack of agile programming. I'm not sure if your team has mentally retarded programmers or just..... *sigh*.... I'm out of words, but every time you fix one component, you produced 10 more other bugs. How the -_- did you fix one component and give even more bugs than the existing? It's clearly poor programming skills, or just literally poor programming team management. No matter what we said, you're still gonna re-produce even more bugs after you have fixed one. Go back to the basic... 

And please don't be overhype over something that you cannot even do it right. Don't be a disgrace to the other developers. Make a test server if you don't have one or anything before you release. As a fellow developer, you bunch are an eyesore.

In the meanwhile, just fix something.. Sorcerer or whatever it is.. But please, just try to avoid producing friggin bugs even MORE than current existing ones. 

inb4, incoming storms.hits

#16 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think the most important improvement could come with making more realistic SP costs

~At lev 6 JT with Water emblem maxed and wind maxed you still cant keep up with the SP drain even when u switch emblems after u get procs. 188SP cost is insane. Even at 27 Sp for cold bolt regular switches between emblems are required.

The amount of dps/burst dmg we(sorcs) can contribute in a dungeon is Insanely low. Thus rendering us useless for a raid.

~VS previously our main burst dmg skill now does less damage than the DoT/tick of certain classes. Not to mention that it misses even more than before, which was a lot. So having such a long CD for said skill doesnt make sense.

~Frost diver with its diminishing returns seems as outdated and useless as Variety Spear. With skills just missing the target most of the time even the 1 skill point which we r forced to assign to it is ridiculous.

As far as healing goes....LoR/Deluge needed the fix.

~Post sunday/monday patch they remain unchanged and a useless skill, but earth emblem has somehow grossly optimised Healing wave and Rejuvenation. We could insta heal a dungeon boss if that were possible :D

DoTs.....

~we(sorcs mayb others) have longer cast times...mayb i am wrong. But that is not important. But we as a class miss more than others.....so how does it make sense that another classes gets a longer effective DoT with a higher dmg/tick, with lesser SP cost(misses)

i mean that insane (1.5k {lowest i have seen}) DoTs that rangers do..and they dont need stacks( sorcs...well i need 3 stacks for Lightning bolt10/10 to get 510) is that balance?

There are more others can talk bout, but rite now i think most are just plain confused with whats happening. I am sure every1 has tried experimenting with the skill tree to try and optimise their DPS or Burst dmg, but we still get nada.

Our dmg previous to the AoV was just fine in comparison with other classes. We were by no means DPSers...but we did good enuff. Now its just plain sad.

The way some classes DoTs or Crits are working...or just their hit rate has just created a huge divide between certain class groups.

for example....how can a sorc compete against a class(be it in a PvP or a PvE environment) which can do an averege damage of 1.2-2k dmg/tick via DoT while we have to rely on luck to first land a skill, then again on luck for it to crit...while the final dmg output is lower than the other classes DoT(which will only eat SP at the initial cast)

Enuff for now. Time to abuse the chaos bosses :D

i.e if a raid takes me in

Edited by nashR2, 24 December 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#17 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

Soul makers have issues too. 

I went from Soul Maker, realized i'm doing crap damage. The monsers in Morroc have 12k Hp and i'm doing 200-300 damage. It took me about 2 minutes to kill one enemy. And crits do nothing either. Soul Makers needs crits for their links as well.

I then went to my priest. I did decently well but she's not even level 50 yet. Her heal seems to heal for only about 500. Heck a lvl 40 pot seems to do more than that. Then i got stuck with a quest not coming up. So i gave up on her.

I then started playing my ranger because i couldn't play my other chars, and realized how much damage she is doing, and how fast she can kill. Makes me see how bad the Magic uses have been affected.

#18 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

1. INT = 3 atk. Please make it work right now its still giving 2.

2. Make the formulas work right. Matk x the % on the skills.

3. Lessen SP consumption at least if the dmg we do is so small.

#19 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

I laugh when I see all these paragraphs replies..
The simple fix is simply rollback magic classes skill to the way it was before the master level patch....and then it would be easier to start working from there..

#20 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

While you guys are too focusing on Sorc, I'd still would like to highlight this just because I know certain people are just too blind or ignorance to read it.

This is where your programming team are wrong, you bunch lack of agile programming. I'm not sure if your team has mentally retarded programmers or just..... *sigh*.... I'm out of words, but every time you fix one component, you produced 10 more other bugs. How the -_- did you fix one component and give even more bugs than the existing? It's clearly poor programming skills, or just literally poor programming team management. No matter what we said, you're still gonna re-produce even more bugs after you have fixed one. Go back to the basic... 

And please don't be overhype over something that you cannot even do it right. Don't be a disgrace to the other developers. Make a test server if you don't have one or anything before you release. As a fellow developer, you bunch are an eyesore.

In the meanwhile, just fix something.. Sorcerer or whatever it is.. But please, just try to avoid producing friggin bugs even MORE than current existing ones. 

inb4, incoming storms.hits

Till now the RO2 devs are not the worst i saw, you've probably never been playing any Nexon games. The devs of Nexon/devCat or better said the Team of Nexon NA can break 15 things by simply restarting the server and applying a Windows Server Update that does not benefit the players at all.

On Topic i can sadly not say much as i'm playing Crescentia..... and i don't feel broken yet xD

#21 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Till now the RO2 devs are not the worst i saw, you've probably never been playing any Nexon games. The devs of Nexon/devCat or better said the Team of Nexon NA can break 15 things by simply restarting the server and applying a Windows Server Update that does not benefit the players at all.

On Topic i can sadly not say much as i'm playing Crescentia..... and i don't feel broken yet xD

I know about Nexon, but I didn't touch about them here simply because this is here. I did the same thing over there. So to avoid more texts to read, better just separate both into what they simply can understand in their thick skull of the simplest thing they can understand what they can or they need to do for now. I was one of the staff of Koramgame company branch and I did what I could to help the both party, community and publisher, till I finally gave up and resigned. The next thing I know is the server got shutdown less than a month after I did that. RO2 shall suffer the same fate if they still refused to listen to what we said. But the highlight is the root of the problem, it is coming from where. No matter how much they struggle to fix the problem, it is just literally fixing the surface, and they still will face the same thing over and over again, endlessly. It is such a burden to see, and also stupid burden for themselves to carry.

#22 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

So why is SP a big issue? Is everyone just not used to using blue pots and when they have to use one they think that their class is broken? SP consumotion was way too low before. Just gotta pot up.

#23 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

So why is SP a big issue? Is everyone just not used to using blue pots and when they have to use one they think that their class is broken? SP consumotion was way too low before. Just gotta pot up.

1 pot gives me sp for one JT

I was spamming pots and still, there were points when i was forced to stop because i got no sp, i can't spam anything anymore, no lord of vermilion for grinding, nothing, also missing all the friggin time doesn't help either

Edited by Sehee, 24 December 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#24 Frus

Frus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

this guy has no clue what he's talking about -.-

whatever, back to wiz issues:

- MATK sucks..not sure what you guys did to break it, but fix it

- Skill damage scaling sucks..not sure what you guys did to break it, but fix it

- weapon upgrades does nothing to matk

- flame explosion does not stun

- inferno did 1 dots, not sure if this was fixed in yesterday's patch

#25 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

We'd need maybe half of a medium bag to keep up with the SP pot usage. And not all SP using classes can keep up, some may have a recovery spell and even then it is not enough...

Even as a priest occasionally I'd use SP Pots in Raids and DGs, and a rare case in PvP.

However now, even with using Aqua Benedicta (several times) and pots (stacks of 80 V) I will not have enough to keep up with the heals (which are poor atm).

----

Priest

My main issues are basically the blue pot usage, it is too high! I'm amused with the pot bug with the lvl V and master reds, almost doing full heals if not full heal but that bug sadly didn't cross over to SP pots. :heh:

I understand the changes to the our skill trees are a bit more towards the attacking side, which I don't mind given I am a Hybrid and this makes it possible for some other priests to help defend themselves whilst the parties may be a bit too far or unable to help.

Magnus Exorcismus was a surprise, given we no longer need to press somewhere on the field to continue it's AoE. It'll basically hit the main target and several around them. So this was a definite improvement.

Holy Light I do not understand the toss of skill points there is it was never a great skill in the first place, I only have it since it is a base attack and I'm sure its usually the only attacking skill FS have since they don't usually go down the DPS/Battle line of the Priests. 10 points there is kinda a waste frankly.

Having that upgrade on Ray of Genesis was an improvement (in terms of being able to add more to it). Although I do ask, did the animation have to change? Was fun flying around with that skill and was worried at first I couldn't move anymore with that skill, however sliding around with that looks kinda awkward to be frank.

Lex Divina was odd to see more points addable there however since it did get some other adjustments, I recall with two or three points and using the spell with a knockout (?) would also get us a chance of regaining three holy waters, so more attacking power there.

However I was surprised that it was Highness Heal that got the extra skill points instead of Heal which is or usually was our main healing spell since the other splits between several players ONLY if they are nearby the main one being healed, which isn't usually the case.

Renevatio makes me sad since it's not as good as before, however again our powers have been weakened at the current time, maybe later we will get improvements?

Although yes, I do what to know the deal with the Matk and why we deal so little damage, yes regardless being a Healing Class, we still were able to do some damage as well survive parts of the game without full party usage. Not saying we don't mind being in parties, however there are hours some people may not be online for us to be with (time difference, work, school, other...).

Currently we can't fight some mobs as before due to extreme lowered attack power....with was low already (again healing class).

-----

Crecentia/SoulMaker

I can't say too much here, given I haven't used my Cres too much yet however I have noticed some issues when came to using some DoTs with him.

Crecentia still manage to play since they do have some psycial attacks so some damage is still getting in, not as much as before (another Cres may be able to explain better) yet doable. Helps they are somewhat of a Hybrid between melee and magic user I suppose.

SoulMaker, I'm going with what my sister mentions to me, but they seemed to have gotten weaker and not as helpful as before. My assustion is basically similiar to the issue with Priests basically.

Apologies not putting more here on this...

-----

Wizard/Sorcerer

What is with those broken insane heals?! I wouldn't mind having that on Rabastan. :rice:

Well from what I heard with the Sorcs they haven't been able to DPS as before but as mentioned they can "tank" and "heal". Which basically tossed us Priests (and SoulMakers?) into the corner.

I won't go much into this part since it has been already touched and explained by other players whom know more on the matter related to these classes (SM/Sorc/Wiz).

----

And thanks for reading my massive post that I seemed to have made. 

:thx:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users