Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:odin

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

From my post from other thread http://forums.warppo...-knights/page-4

Inb4 Warrior of all class right now I see knight as the least most important class in RO2, yeah we got shield but I see it useless so I have some suggestions and hope this would help the class that I really like. I suggest to give more focus on the shield skills because this is what makes the knight a unique and defensive class. Aura shield should be like priest version of Archangel so to make it more usefull rather than the current 10sec limit or make it more longer.

skill_knight_aura_shield_01.pngAURA SHIELD = Oh yes!!!!!

- can push back mobs 2-3 tiles away (by percentage)
- has a low chance to get stunned (by percentage) if succeed hence you can do SB or SC combo's for an extra damage
- Generates 1 aura per 3sec
- make it last longer around 2-3 mins 0.0 but cooldown will take longer
- HP recovery is doubled and when using heal/pots doubles the effect (makes the Aura heal a reasonable skill to have)
- Defense against long range attack increase by 30%
- moar defense
- higher defense rate when used with AURA ARMOR
- increase parry rate by percentages (10%20%30%)

- chance to reset SC, SB (by certain percentage) and skill doesn't consume any aura while it is activated

- attack generates maximum threats to monster mobs and bosses alike

Let me know what you think and I would gladly welcome any suggestions to make it better.

Edited by 1214681284, 15 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#2 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

You give too many functions and credit on this singular skill itself.   At best mitigation was its intended purpose, but with this you plan to make it a powerhouse of multiple functions.   At best the skill itself could have another function to compliment it primary function of damage mitigation/resistance scaling, and I would choose one of these and not all:

• complimenting the default resistance per level, the effect is doubled against ranged attacks.

• by 10% chance when attacked, the Knight will cast Shield Bash as counter attack (generating +2 aura, knockdown effect halvened to 1.5 sec)

• increases the recovery rate of healing potions/spells/enchantments by 20% upon activation. 
    (for this one, however, I would like it to be intended more for Aura Armor/Steel Body/Grizzly Form)

Edited by Cruorbaci, 16 January 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#3 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

id say increase damage mitigation is still best.. and yeah damage reflection sounds good too.. like a chance to deflect a percentage of damage back

#4 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I suggest to give more focus on the shield skills because this is what makes the knight a unique and defensive class. Aura shield should be like priest version of Archangel so to make it more usefull rather than the current 10sec limit or make it more longer.

skill_knight_aura_shield_01.pngAURA SHIELD = Oh yes!!!!!

- can push back mobs 2-3 tiles away (by percentage)
- has a low chance to get stunned (by percentage) if succeed hence you can do SB or SC combo's for an extra damage
- Generates 1 aura per 3sec
- make it last longer around 2-3 mins 0.0 but cooldown will take longer
- HP recovery is doubled and when using heal/pots doubles the effect (makes the Aura heal a reasonable skill to have)
- Defense against long range attack increase by 30%
- moar defense
- higher defense rate when used with AURA ARMOR
- increase parry rate by percentages (10%20%30%)

- chance to reset SC, SB (by certain percentage) and skill doesn't consume any aura while it is activated

- attack generates maximum threats to monster mobs and bosses alike  -> Bosses don't care about "Threat" they just attack one and use skills on other characters...

Let me know what you think and I would gladly welcome any suggestions to make it better.

Ok, I like this Post, But I'm a bit disappointed about what you are suggesting...

Bold= Good Points.

Strike Through= You're asking for too much or "It can be better"...

Under Line= Bad Idea...

Ok, let's see this...

Defense against long range attack increase by 30%.

Ok, you're right, nowadays, rangers, Cresc and SM are too much stronger and fasters. We need some defensive maneuver agains that.

More defense.

Agreed.

Chance to reset SC, SB (by certain percentage) and skill doesn't consume any aura while it is activated.

Maybe, but this will turn Useless "SB and SC mastery"... But, that about "Skill doesn't consume any aura" is good...

Now.. What's about this?

Turn "Aura Shield" in a Real "Aura".

"Aura Shield": Focus all of your Aura on the Shield to reduce the damage taken by __%.

Also Increases Parry rate by __% and Stun resistance by __%.

Can be used with "Aura Blade" or "Aura Armor".

Level 1~5.

% Dmg reduced: 5-10-15-20-25.

% Parry rate up: 10-20-30-40-50.

% Stun Resist up: 4-8-12-16-20.

Edited by BaalMardikt, 23 January 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#5 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I propose balance... not plz buff my class. Although I do admit knights were thrown under the table after aov. Most of your suggestions would give too much utility. The basis of the problem is with dmg calculations currently and discrepancies in equipment stats and how it is currently effecting skills. The reason warriors had defender was to mitigate the lower def they naturally had (which is now broken because armor def is too high and knights have no def on shield).

Shield aura is a 1 minute cd while the warrior endure is on a 2 min cd. Same with monks def skill that is on a 2 min cd. So there is a advantage of speed in respect to how the class worked. I.e. knights were better sustainment. One recent problem with ranged classes is that vigor and haste was improved for everyone, BUT it affects the ranged classes more than melee (as they don't use it with the same respect).

personally I think ALL tanks classes should get passives (through stats) or their defensive skills but nothing over-the-top.

Edited by Zechrem, 26 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#6 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Turn "Aura Shield" in a Real "Aura".

"Aura Shield": Focus all of your Aura on the Shield to reduce the damage taken by __%.

Also Increases Parry rate by __% and Stun resistance by __%.

Can be used with "Aura Blade" or "Aura Armor".

Level 1~5.

% Dmg reduced: 5-10-15-20-25.

% Parry rate up: 10-20-30-40-50.

% Stun Resist up: 4-8-12-16-20.

Revising AS into a toggle ain't too bad, but Knights would lose the only defensive proc they would have at the most avail.   This would leave Knights with Shield Fortress alone as their ONLY active defensive skill.   And rather than parry rate (since the parameter itself was supposed to be the forte of the Warrior class), I would recommend a further increase to the Knight's Health Pool instead.

I see no point to the stun resist.

If this were to be, Shield Fortress may be reworked as well to accommodate the loss of an active, and its efficiency as a group-supportive active would be half as effective as it formerly was.   But in turn, however, its availability will be much like how Aura Shield is at the 60 second CD.   And this was the skill that carried the raid since the frontlines would resist something of a deathly AoE from raids prior to the Morroc expansion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users