AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze - Page 7 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#151 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Ran around with my homu out and I am no longer stopping every second!! Thanks random KRO fix the GMs weren't aware of!

#152 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

Double Battle

30jjrz6.jpg

#153 ShadowBatman

ShadowBatman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

Azzy for the life of me i cannot get this AI to work, The default AI acts as normal but i type /hoai and it customizes it, Yet when i relog it gives me an error and a long list of problems and i cannot close the error info without Task manager. Any ideas? Most of what i see is regarding const.lua yet there are a few others. Help please? 

#154 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

^ Pretty much the same problem as rodezja.

Sera doesn't have PK or Poison Mist, though.

After about 15 minutes, Sera stands still and refuses to attack. ._.

I updated the old AI, unsure about which version it was, to the new version of the AI today and that's when this started happening. :X

^ Same problem as Skarlett

Sera doesn't have PK but she has Poison Mist. When a big mob attacks her she doesn't know what to attack and then suddenly stops attacking. Sometimes she goes off screen even when I reduce the StationaryAggroDist.

#155 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

This problem has proven incredibly hard to fix. Every time I fix one movement problem, another crops up in it's place. Ever since that 9/4 update, I haven't been able to get all elements of movement working simultaneously. 

Can you please help out by giving me a trace? 

To create a traceai:
1. In RO folder, delete AAIStartH.txt, all AAI_*.log files, and TraceAI.txt 
2. Summon your homun and wait for it to get into the hung state where it's not moving. 
3. Type /traceai. Wait 5-10 seconds. 
4. Type /traceai again
5. zip up TraceAI.txt, AAI_*.log, and AAIStartH.txt from your RO folder, send them to me (upload to your favorite free file hosting site, or pm me for my email address)

#156 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

I had a similar problem as Nine. I have 2 Seras and one is relatively new, at first I thought it was the non-S skills and low ASPD, but when I turned off my PK-Friends and PK-ASAP, the little bugger stopped freezing and hovering around me and started attacking properly. Now a days I just disable and do manual PKs on the other Sera. 

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in other threads, but whenever I'm in a corner or some kind of 1x1 cell that's back into a wall, my homun doesn't bother doing anything. I even manually set rescue for the mobs during the TI and the bugger won't move. This tends to happen either when I'm backed against a wall or a V like corner so I move up 1 cell until I have a 3 x 3 perimeter around me. Sometimes if a monster spawns directly on my cell, the same thing happens. Is there anyway to fix this?

#157 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I could have sworn I fixed that, but looking at my changelogs, I still have it marked as to-do in an unreleased version.

That's probable what's causing the problems Skarlet, Nine, and Toggles are experiencing.

I can fix the problem for cases where the player is surrounded by monsters - but it's a big deal to fix (I remember why I didn't fix it back when I first figured out what was happening now - I need to reimplement all of my movement and targeting code to pass around and react to another flag which will represent the "no standpoint available" case - but the movement and targeting code is already the hardest part of the code to work with), and then I need to make DoAutoBuffs() check for a standpoint before transitioning into provoke_st to PK the owner, and also make provoke_st smart enough to give up if it detects no available standpoint. 

Fixing the problem for the case of a wall next to the player requires an entirely different solution, because there is no way for the AI to determine that there's a wall there, except by virtue of it not moving. This also requires added intelligence in provoke_st - but I'm not confident I can come up with a solution that performs acceptably in this situation. 

#158 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Can I request when you add in Volcanic Ash attack features to add an idle option?

#159 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Can I request when you add in Volcanic Ash attack features to add an idle option?

What's your use case where this would be useful? The AoE is so small that it won't hit things until they're like right next to you? 

#160 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

WoE!

#161 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Azzy If at all possible could you put a skin option in the UI?  Black text on white is hard for me IDK why but I can't absorb the info. Been that way all my life.  I can look 20 times and still not find what setting Im looking for.

#162 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Azzy If at all possible could you put a skin option in the UI?  Black text on white is hard for me IDK why but I can't absorb the info. Been that way all my life.  I can look 20 times and still not find what setting Im looking for.

I do not know how to do that. I know very little MSVC# (what the GUI is written in). 

You can read the PDF documentation, though - that contains all the same information as the GUI does, often in more detail - assuming you've found a way to comfortably read PDF documents. 

#163 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

I noticed on the korean forum people use azzy ai

#164 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Are they happy with it, or are they accusing me of having the programming skills of a 2-year old?

#165 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

I might have to ask charaznable that

#166 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Sorry for asking newbie question. How do I know my current version AzzyAI?

#167 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Sorry for asking newbie question. How do I know my current version AzzyAI?

The first thing AzzyAI does when homun is summoned is create a file in your RO folder called AAIStartH.txt (AAIStartM.txt for mercs). This contains the version information. If the file is not present, you have never summoned a homun with AzzyAI installed. 

#168 rienari

rienari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Chaos: Renewal

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

can someone help me with this problem? i don't know why this happen.

started when i changed my vanil into sera  :p_cry:  :p_cry:  :p_cry:

lrta.png

#169 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

can someone help me with this problem? i don't know why this happen.

started when i changed my vanil into sera  :p_cry:  :p_cry:  :p_cry:

lrta.png

Are you using latest version? Check AAIStartH.txt in your RO folder if not sure. I think that is fixed in latest version.

#170 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Azzy, i've been meaning to bring something to your attention about homun KSing.

I got heavily in depth with a buddy of mine in studying the AI and all of its features. We studied it so hardcore that we figured out how to make our homun achieve exp at the quickest rates possible by adjusting certain options. All that aside, afterwards i started noticing the people who obviously had not taken the time to study the ai. When you've studied it yourself, you can easily see what options people may or may not have active... and the thing i noticed largely about KSing concerns deiters.

In the 'Homunculus' tab section of the AzzyAIConfig file, there's an option for Deiters called LavaSlideMode. By default (and by default i mean when you first download and install the files), this option is set to 'attack', which means the Deiter will lay down AoE wherever the largest number of mob currently is on the screen. Whereas, by default, the option for a Sera's PoisonMistMode is set to 'idle', which means the Sera will lay down the AoE at the chemist's feet.

One of the largest problems of KS'ing via homun comes from the fact that not many people take the time to study the options, and Deiters are - by default - set to lay down AoE anywhere, which often leaves a variety of other chemists getting KS'd. You should change the default option of LavaSlideMode to 'idle', just like Sera's p-mist skill. For all the lazy people who never take the time to understand the AI's full potential... at least they wouldn't be KS'ing people right off the bat without even knowing it.

I actually came across a deiter user once because he was KS'ing me. When i asked him about whether or not he had dove into studying the ai's config, he admitted he had no idea there even was a section for options. I actually had to explain it to him so he could get it switched up.. he felt real bad about not even knowing his ai was set to KS.

#171 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

Changing the default setting for LavaSlideMode is already planned for the next version. 

#172 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

oh sweet, good call :no1:

#173 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm noticing my Dieter going off screen more often than usual and stop attacking. I notice that it doesn't even use Blood Lust when idle. Is there a fix for this?

#174 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm noticing my Dieter going off screen more often than usual and stop attacking. I notice that it doesn't even use Blood Lust when idle. Is there a fix for this?

Are you using latest version? 1.54 and earlier had issues with homun walking off screen. 

Also, have you changed the AggroDist or MoveBounds settings? It is recommended to not increase those above the default values. 

Regarding use of BloodLust - have you set OldHomunType to Amistr? Otherwise, it will not know that your homun has amistr skills (the AI can only detect vani vs non-vani). Do you have UseOffensiveBuff set to Idle? That controls use of Bloodlust (as well as flitting, mental charge, and - for mercenaries - weapon quicken)

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 June 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#175 OrcHero

OrcHero

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

i wanted to use livemobID for collecting Monster id's for my mercenary.

on both, Homunculus and mercenary i enabled livemobid and logged both ingame, mercenary and Homunculus.

but after a while, i dont see any new Monster id in mercenary tactics. even with starting new the game, there was no new id's.

what i made wrong maybe ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users